PDA

View Full Version : A love for enemies/ since the flood show review

thecc
04-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I arived in middletown about twoish to see that nobody had shown up yet.I basicly chilled for an hour until the first band came on.

Given up for dead- Just straight up hardcore. They put on a really solid preformance. The singer was wearing short shots which was intresting. Good start to the show. Also this was the first time i've seen someone dance for his own band.

Burden of arms- Some good metalcore. Sick breakdowns and some nice singalongs. I'd write more but i've never heard of these dudes before.

My safe haven- Another great metalcore band. They were also interracial, they had a black bassist who was insanely awesome. As mentioned above i'm not really famillar with this band so yeah.

The esoteric- Their van broke down so they ended up arriving late but it was all good. They were just straight up chaotic metal. Their wasn't much of a crowd anymore cuz most of them went to another show in port jervis. The singer spit lugies a lot which was definitly odd but another solid preformane and anohter great band signed to prosthetic records.

A love for enemies- The band I was waiting to see most. It was year since i've seen them last. The second they started playing I went fucking nuts. What sucked the most was the lack of people. I was the only person who sang along which made me feel special. ALFE put on one of the best preformances i've seen in awhile. When they played "the harvest" I was two-steping like crazy, singing as loud as i could, and when the breakdown came one danced harder than i've ever have before. Before they played "broken pledge" the singer gave a really good speech about how they are a christian band but that they won't judge others based on it and that they are just spreading their message which hardcore is all about. I would definitly recomend checking them out www.myspace.com/aloveforenemies. Long Island definitly represented.

Since the flood- All that can describe this band is simply brutal boston hardcore. With that being said their set consisted of plenty awesome breakdowns and singalongs. I'm looking foward to seeing them again in May.

After that I was just hanging out. Then I ended up picking up the new ALFE cd. Then I ended up talking to their drummer Jon. He was also from Huntington and knew some people that I did. Then I brought up his old emo band fall victim and he cringed, then told me he was trying to forget he did that. All in all this was a really good show and i'm glad to see middletown starting to have a hardcore scene again.

DaveWadding
04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
...You go to a lot of shitty shows/listen to a lot of shitty bands, you know that right?