PDA

View Full Version : I Love those Segments on SportsCenter

Loose Cannon
04-18-2005, 10:13 AM
You know those segments they do sometimes that's like a "Whatever happened to/Where Are they Now" type of deal. Usually Jeremy Shaap voices them. Today they did a Bobby Fischer one, the famous chess player, and it was really good. Anyone see it? Basically Fischer totally hates America and Israel, even though he was born a Jew in Brooklyn. But he says he's not Jewish and that the Jews and Americans can go to hell. They played a piece where Fischer was on the radio somewhere in Europe on Sept 11 and he was like "This is a wonderful day, America can go fuck themselves."

But Jeremy Shapp totally owned Fischer in a press conference not to long ago in Iceland. Basically, Shapp's father used to be good freinds with Fischer. Then after Fischer left Chess, joined a cult and became insane, Shapp's father was quoted as saying, "There's not a sane bone in his body anymore." Fischer hated him for it ever since. At the press conference, Jeremy asked Fischer a few questions and Fischer gave ridiculous responses. He then ragged on Jeremy at the press conference for what his father said. Jeremy then fired right back and was like, "Sir, you've done nothing today to dissprove my father's claim." The whole place got silent and Jeremy just turned around and calmy walked out. It was great

Anyway, good segment. You can still catch it around the half hour mark.

Post other segments like these you liked. Stu Unger, the poker player, was another good one.

Triple A
04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
This segment was fucking retarded. For one, they ALREADY AIRED IT a couple of weeks ago. They just re-aired it and added some shit to it now. It is so fucking stupid and there is no reason for it to be on SportsCenter. The guy bashed Schaap's dads, so he wanted to embarrass him on cable TV. Simple as that. Retarded.

Loose Cannon
04-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Don't kill the vibe in this thread I had going.

The Outlaw
04-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah I caught it last night. The guy obviously has went off the deep end. I think he hates every single race there is.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I remeber reading about him in SI. Seems like a nut job.

My favorite one was Lenny Cook, the basketball player from NYC.

PureHatred
04-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Anything involving Nick Bakay is gold.

Gonzo
04-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Nick Bakay is not funny at all.

BCWWF
04-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah I saw that segment today but I also saw it like last January.

My mom got me some book like The Greatest Sports Writing of 2004 or something, and there was a big article on him, he's just a dumbass. He has some radio show in like Malaysia or something where he just bashes the US and Jews and everything he can.

Nervous Ferret
04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Nick Bakay was the voice of "Salem" on the Sabrina the tennaged witch

Loose Cannon
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
why do they air segments from January?

Nervous Ferret
04-18-2005, 03:58 PM
dunno, they "re-air" stuff all the time. Maybe just to fill in time on a slow day or something

PureHatred
04-18-2005, 04:07 PM
No they re-aired the Fischer segment because he was in the news last week for being stopped at an airport in Jepan (I believe) for having drugs on him. So the segment became topical again. The Daily Show aired a quick interview with hima fter the arrest and he blamed the whole thing on an American conspiracy to keep him quiet.