PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown Spoilers for this week

AareDub
04-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Since everybody was asking about them in the raw thread...

credit: nodq.com

Pyro explodes and we are off... they are using the RAW setup all night.

Booker T vs,. The Big Show. During the middle of the match, JBL and Kurt Angle who were BOTH on commentary got up and attacked the two for the double DQ. Teddy Long comes out and announces that tonight there will be a tag team match featuring Kurt Angle and JBL against The Big Show and Booker T. He also announces next week that there will be a fatal fourway between these four with the winner going on to face John Cena. Booker T's wife Sharmell was at ringside with him.

In the ring now is Carlito's Cabana with Eddie Guerrero. Carlito was an instigator here asking Eddie why he and Rey were having problems over the last few weeks. Eddie Guerrero gets on the microphone and calls out Rey Mysterio. The two agree to make up as Eddie considers Rey 'part of his family' and wind up hugging. As this happens, MNM show up on the Titan Tron and challenge Eddie and Rey to a tag team title match tonight. Eddie tells them to come down to the ring and meet them face to face. Melina said they were more comfortable and as the camera fades to the side, MNM spray paint Eddie Guerrero's car with 'MNM' Eddie and Rey run to the back as they fade to commercial.

When we come back, Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio are looking at Eddie's spray painted car. Eddie gets pissed and says tonight they will face the two for the tag titles.

Matt Morgan is interviewed backstage and he is doing a stuttering gimmick similar to that of Bubba Ray Dudley back in the day. He talks like Nick Bockwinkel.

Backstage segment with Orlando Jordan and The Bashams. Some bittering back and forth which ends up with Jordan claiming he will face Cena tonight, title vs. title on the line. The Bashams tell him he better win. Bashams seemed to be starting a face turn.

Matt Morgan (he has a goatee now) defeated an unannounced opponent in a squash with a suplex into a DDT. Morgan's theme music is the same as the music on the "Rise & Fall Of ECW" DVD.

Booker T and The Big Show defeated Kurt Angle and JBL when Big Show chokeslammed JBL. Angle could have made the save, but instead just walked away and abandoned JBL.

John Heidenreich comes to the ring and says he had spent the last several days in New York looking for a friend. He has a special guest for tonight. That guest is the Brooklyn Brawler. Brawler comes out and Heidenreich reads him a poem. Brawler, who is in a Yankees cap and Jersey, says the poem stunk and that the only thing worse than that was the Yankee's choking to the Red Sox in the World Series. He then goes on to rip off the Yankees hat and Jersey to reveal RED SOX gear. Brawler has turned HEEL! LOL. The place goes nuts and Heindenreich beats up on Brawler for not being his friend. Crowd LOVED this.

MNM defeated Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio for the tag team titles. The ending came when Mysterio was distracted with Melina on the outside after she interrupted his 619. One member of MNM hit an elevated DDT for the win They win the titles. Now Mysterio and Guerrero are in the ring. Eddie shoved down Mysterio. Mysterio slapped Guerrero... They are in each others face. . Mysterio shoved Guerrero and is now leaving. Eddie is on the ground looking at him pissed off.

They take a break here to shoot the live commercial before RAW... (the one that airs 15 minutes prior to the show going live)

John Cena came out and cut a promo about how New York was the great and how they could overcome anything. Cena vs. Jordan ended with the Basham's trying to interfere. He was able to fend them off and hit the FU for the win.

lol @ tag titles.

Volchok
04-18-2005, 11:07 PM
lol... wtf a brawler heel turn?

Loose Cannon
04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
LOL AT BOSTON BRAWLER. I'm gonna enjoy that.

AND MORGAN IS BACK!!!!!!! :eek: Champion by next year.

MNM :love:

SammyG
04-18-2005, 11:11 PM
Um, so what, cena is now us champ too?

James Steele
04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
:rofl: <s>Brooklyn</s> Boston Brawler. That alone makes me want to watch SmackDown! this week. Is that sad?

Sepholio
04-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Yea, what's the deal with Cena? Does he actually have both titles now?

James Steele
04-18-2005, 11:21 PM
My dear god, Cena is approaching a HHH/P Diddy fusion like territory now.

Corkscrewed
04-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Yay! Cena is US Champ too? OJ is no longer champ!!!

Man, SD! sounds great! In fact, better than tonight's RAW too, IMO. Definitely tuning in this week!

Boston Brawler... MNM... Morgan... Kurt leaving JBL high and dry... this is pretty awesome!

James Steele
04-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Too bad they will use the RAW set.

Seriously, last time they taped SD! at a Supershow they had a RAW/SD! hybrid set, why did they have to use the straight up RAW one.

Gouda
04-18-2005, 11:47 PM
WHY BRAWLER WHY? :'(

KingofOldSchool
04-18-2005, 11:58 PM
LOL

YOUR Hero
04-19-2005, 12:04 AM
I want my Angle.

AareDub
04-19-2005, 12:35 AM
I thought everybody used to hate Matt Morgan.... did I miss something?

Boondock Saint
04-19-2005, 01:13 AM
LOL @ Brawler. Nice

Corndad
04-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Atleast they are trying to get a Tag Team Division moving again with all this new blood, On Smackdown and Raw. Gonna take more then 1 team but hey, its a start.

Brawler ROFL HAHA

SuperSlim
04-19-2005, 07:50 AM
Brawler turnin is worth watchin it.

Dave Youell
04-19-2005, 07:51 AM
So they are turning Hedienwank face, i reckon that could really work, get Snitsky over there after the draft and there's comic genuis for sure

wwe2222
04-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Cena is not US champ...title wasnt on the line. I didnt care for this match at all.

MNM: They should be a real great tag team...i loved the gimmick, the music, the promos...their in ring skills need some work, but it was their first match so no biggie. Id watch smackdown to see these guys.

Matt Morgan still sucks and so does his stuttering gimmick...though he does it pretty well.

One of the best heel turns they have come up with is the brawler's, heh

Jonster
04-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Who are MNM?

Hardkore Kidd J
04-19-2005, 09:04 AM
I thought everybody used to hate Matt Morgan.... did I miss something?
I think it's one of those things like when people hate somebody and then they come back after a long absense and then they like them again and then after a few months they hate him again. That's how I see it.

I like the way Smackdown was. My only problem was that I happen to think MNM won the tag titles just a little too quickly. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be tag champs. I'm just saying their first match in the WWE and they win the tag team titles. Just doesn't seem right. But, I'm looking forward to seeing them as tag champs.

Sephiroth
04-19-2005, 09:16 AM
MNM and Morgan :love:

Evil Vito
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Yesssssss Boston Brawler :cool:

MNM :heart:

MORGAN! :D

Sounds a lot better than RAW</font>

wwe2222
04-19-2005, 10:22 AM
I thought the smackdown show was pretty lackluster overall. But then again I dont care for smackdown except for the couple moments I mentioned above (MNM, Brawler).

I thought Raw was a fun show to be at, but I guess it came across different on TV

Lara Emily
04-19-2005, 10:30 AM
The Brawler was usually always a heel backin the day. LOL at that thought pretty funny, I liked Morgan when he was first around good to hear he's back.

Nark Order
04-19-2005, 10:41 AM
LMAO.... Boston Brawler.

El Santo
04-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Oh my God. Brawler heel turn sounds hilarious! Have to watch it this week just for that.

... and Carlito's Cabana.

Disturbed316
04-20-2005, 10:51 AM
LOL Brawler :love:

Although I love MNM, it's abit soon to stick the titles on them. IMO

Rammsteinmad
04-21-2005, 03:09 PM
How many more times will we subjected to this poor tag team angle?

Example: Team going through some personal issues... become buddies again and put titles on the line... catching us totally unaware, they lose the titles!... they start to argue... OH NO!!! Looks like they're gonna break up and someone's gonna receive a heel turn.

Shadow
04-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Ok....When last we saw Morgan he was jobbing to the likes of John Cena and Christ Benoit. He had no gimmiack but the highest vertical leap in the WWE. He goes away for a looooooong time. He comes back, new look, new moveset, new gimmiack. Thus everyone loves him.

That being said, he actually impressed me a great deal tonight. Would like to see where this will be going but sadly he'll probably end up on Velocity.

McLegend
04-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Broklyn Brawler's heel turn is the greastest thing I have ever seen.

Nervous Ferret
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
haha SmackDown is awesome rihgt now.

Except for Matt Morgan. He was impressive, I liked what I saw, but the whole "speech-impedement" thing is really creepy.

Brawler :love: that was awesomeeeeeeeeee

hEIdeNrICh_face_turn=ratingS!!!

Gouda
04-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Snitsky needs to be Heidenreich's "friend".

PureHatred
04-21-2005, 09:57 PM
I demand more Angle segments.

MNM needs a long run to make that win worthwhile.

Loose Cannon
04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
They brought Morgan up wayyyy to soon from OVW last time. He's improved greatly since then and if he gets it all together, he will be champion one day.

Didn't see Smackdown, except for the last 5 minutes.

Cena's dropping the FU now :y:

El Santo
04-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Matt Morgan definitely impressed me. Despite the stuttering gimmick, he seems to have improved promo-wise. He was pretty emotionless and bland before. The squash match, though, was surprising by Morgan's intensity.

I agree with LC. I think once they drop the speech impediment thing, Matt's going to be a big star.

... or maybe they keep it. Weirder thing have happened. I mean, a year ago, the guy with the retard gimmick was the most over face on Raw, and the guy with the ridiculous rapper gimmick is currently the Undisputed Champ.

Hmmmmm....

mike627
04-22-2005, 12:22 AM
MNM= rocks Melina OMFG :drool:

Corkscrewed
04-22-2005, 12:32 AM
When Melina gets on the ring apron... man, what a view! :drool:

TerranRich
04-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Hottest. Entrance. Ever.

:drool: ;)

Hired Hitman
04-22-2005, 06:03 AM
Yeah, I am really digging MNM and also Carlito continues to impress me, take a bite out of the Big Apple :cool:

TerranRich
04-22-2005, 09:40 AM
It was awesome how the crowd was cheering for Carlito, loudly, and chanting his name. He could've used that to turn face. Perhaps in the future when it happens again, he'll use that opportunity. Now, I like him better as a heel and I'm sure turning his face at this point would be a mistake. I consider this "Eddie heat", where they cheer him and continue to "love to hate him". I know I do.

Loose Cannon
04-22-2005, 10:06 AM
yea, usually when crowds like NY chant for heels, you're over.

The Icon of Elisim
04-22-2005, 11:44 AM
I've watched Smackdown for the last two weeks and I'm starting to really dig it. I thought this show was pretty entertaining.

I haven't watched a full Booker T match since the draft and I gotta say that I forgot how good he is. His match with the Big Show was pretty good.

Gertner
04-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Morgan's finisher was pretty sick

PureHatred
04-22-2005, 02:23 PM
So, after watching the show and not just reading the results, I must say that was a pretty solid episode of Smackdown.

--Loved the JBL/Angle stuff. For some reason, JBL standing there all red faced, telling Angle "I don't like you! I don't like you!" was prety hilarious and a heel/heel feud betweenthose two would be gold.

--Morgan was impressive

--Heidenreich's segment was MADE by the Boston Brawler and fans are starting to really get behind his (Heid's) character. He reminds me of the Snowman from WB cartoons. Like he picks up his friends because he wants to "love him and rub hiim and pet him and call him George."

--Loved MNM's entrance with the paparazzi and Melina's entrance was just ....she makes you want to rough up your suspect, if you know what I mean. Huh? Do ya?

--The slow burn on Eddie/Rey continues. :y:

--The main event was bleah, but at least Cena sat-out on the FU.

Overall, nothing spectacular, but a solid show and there was nothing there to blast.

RGWhat316
04-22-2005, 02:31 PM
SmackDown was pretty good this week. Angle and JBL need to do commentary every week. JBL "I was the longest reigning WWE champion in the last 10 years!" Angle " I'm a 4 time WWE champion. Does that count for anything?" JBL "NO!!!!!" That was a LOL moment.

I couldn't believe the Brawler turned heel. I had to see it for myself, but it was still funny as hell. And another thing with the whole Boston/New York feud, I was kind of surprised to see Cena wearing a Yankees jersey. I'm sure being from the Boston area, he wasn't all that thrilled to be doing that.

MNM weren't too bad. And that entrance is pretty good also.

Jaded-Dragon
04-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Yup, wasn't too bad.

Angle and JBL on commentary was gold

Booker T vs Big Show was surprisingly a pretty good match

Morgan was.... meh. He basically destroyed some jobber in 3 moves, not too impressive. Nice Finisher though, almost a suplex into a rock bottom. Not too sure on the gimmick... I just get the picture of a stuttering Batista.

Carlito's cabana was a bit long for me.

The Brawler going heel was great. I really liked the Heidenrich segment.

Angle and JBL vs Big Show and Booker T was again, quite solid. I can't wait until the 4-way.

New tag team blood is great. MNM was still a bit green in the ring, which is to be expected, their gimmick has a lot of potential too. Their entrance is great and the way Melina gets into the ring.. :eek: :drool: :naughty: I think Stacey has some competition for the best ring entrance now.

Still sucks a bit that to get a new tag team, we have to lose one, but Eddie vs Rey should be great.

Cena vs Orlando was decent at best. As someone said, at least Cena sat out on the F-U's. The move already looks better. However, the title still looks horrible.

Champion of Europa
04-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Carlito's expression when MNM were on Eddie's Lowrider was hilarious.

Kane Knight
04-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Yup, wasn't too bad.

Angle and JBL on commentary was gold

Booker T vs Big Show was surprisingly a pretty good match

Morgan was.... meh. He basically destroyed some jobber in 3 moves, not too impressive. Nice Finisher though, almost a suplex into a rock bottom. Not too sure on the gimmick... I just get the picture of a stuttering Batista.

Carlito's cabana was a bit long for me.

The Brawler going heel was great. I really liked the Heidenrich segment.

Angle and JBL vs Big Show and Booker T was again, quite solid. I can't wait until the 4-way.

New tag team blood is great. MNM was still a bit green in the ring, which is to be expected, their gimmick has a lot of potential too. Their entrance is great and the way Melina gets into the ring.. :eek: :drool: :naughty: I think Stacey has some competition for the best ring entrance now.

Still sucks a bit that to get a new tag team, we have to lose one, but Eddie vs Rey should be great.

Cena vs Orlando was decent at best. As someone said, at least Cena sat out on the F-U's. The move already looks better. However, the title still looks horrible.
I can't help but agree with almost everything you said.