PDA

View Full Version : Edge's wife speaks out

Innovator
04-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Edge's wife Lisa Ortiz Copeland , the fourth person involved in the Lita-Edge-Matt Hardy situation, broke her silence with a long post on Matt Hardy's message board Monday evening, posting under the name "Lisa O." Hardy confirmed it was her posting before the actual post went up, noting that "Lisa wants to tell her side of this story."

The posting pulls no punches over the situation, included accusations of alleged steroid use by both Lita and Edge. Ortiz also states that despite having chances to explain themselves, that neither have "told the truth" to Hardy or Ortiz over the whys and hows of the situation. She noted that there was always underlying tension between Lita and herself dating back to her wedding to Edge and now she understands why. She also takes WWE to task for how they have handled the situation, including Hardy's release.

In regard to Edge's friendship with Hardy, she wrote, "Adam blaming Matt for not being a stand up boyfriend and in turn having his girlfriend confide in him.... justifying how he could not only betray his wife but one of his best friends..... come on people you read his book.... him and Matt were best friends. When he had his neck surgery there were 5 people from the WWE that called Adam weekly to check on him--Matt being on of them. Matt was there so many times for Amy when she hurt herself. Whether it was the neck, the knee, or anything, he was there for her. How could Matt post his personal life on the net.... How immature, right? Give me a break people.... If Matt wrote this all in his book............ No big deal! But because the WWE didn't make one red cent from this his personal life is "off limits". What was Unscripted all about. WWE's stars personal lives. As long as Vince can make a buck...who cares what the fans know. But instead Matt got fired b/c all the WWE is interested in now is Bimbos, another Diva search please."

In regard to how Edge and Lita have handled the situation, Ortiz wrote, "Amy and Adam have had many many opportunities to tell Matt and I both the truth. A chance to say hey... Sorry I hurt you but I fell in love with someone else. But they have both repeatedly continued to lie, lie, lie, lie! Why do they have backstage heat when supposedly everyone else is cheating on their spouses? Because Adam is a coward and started naming names trying to bring others down with him. Amy was never respected by any of the girls b/c she treated them all as T-N-A and now that she needs them she is trying to gain sympathy. Well too bad, that is not how the world works. As women we don't trust each other as it is.......... as a woman disrespected by another ---F**k you b**ch!

I had heard somewhere that she tried to call me to apologize but that was a lie... I have tried to call her numerous times with no luck unless I call her from Adams cell, only then does she answer. They are both cowards they are both liars and they both need major psychological help. Maybe one day they will get it.... maybe not. I know Matt and I will prevail. God doesn't bless those who have evil in their hearts.

I am trying to forgive Adam and Amy but it will take a while. Edge and Lita may be one thing, but take away Adam's steroids and what would he be? Another 6'4" skinny guy and take away Amy's opponents like Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Victoria--Girls that know how to wrestle and guess what? That nasty b**ch will bust her knee cap every other 7 months. Good riddance to them both. They deserve each other. Just remember what goes around comes around. I may not have handled this in the best way possible, but I never expected this to be my life right now so please forgive me........... God bless Matt and all the future has to offer him. And God bless Adam and Amy b/c they will need it when Karma comes knocking on their doors!"

Credit: PWInsider.com

Loose Cannon
04-19-2005, 11:25 AM
I LOVE HER

jerichoholic169
04-19-2005, 11:26 AM
good for her - at least it shows that its not just internet fans that think lita is a walking botchfest. i hope edge and lita enjoy their lives together rotting in hell...normally i wouldn't wish anything bad on anyone but they deserve it for what they've done.

Innovator
04-19-2005, 11:31 AM
She is pretty awesome. Lays into the WWE pretty good, and calls out Edge on the HHH vitamins.

Innovator
04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
BTW to read the whole post, link here http://thematthardy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4279&highlight=lisa+o

it is pretty long.

Rammsteinmad
04-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Lol... that made me feel good reading that. It's good to hear that both Matt and Lisa are on the same side here.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Damn.

NoRoolz
04-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Respect to her. And hope she gets her life back underway. LOL at some of the comments made. "Take away Edge's steroids and what will he be? Another 6'4'' skinny guy..." "Another diva-search please..." "Amy was never respected by any of the girls b/c she treated them all as T-N-A..."

Innovator
04-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Also if you go to the thread listing you can see Matt's reaction to the MSG crowd

Loose Cannon
04-19-2005, 11:46 AM
LOL at the kid with the Edge Sig and Edge avatar.

jerichoholic169
04-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Seems Jericho sort of had his say on it:

http://thematthardy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4223

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh please. Why would she wanna even discuss this over the net to people she doesnt even know anyways? She seems a bit bitter, which is understandable, but to say Edge is on roids seems to me like she is just trying to slander him out of jealousy. You know once they are done and divorced she wont have Edge's wallet to play with. She's basically lost her meal ticket. I feel badly for her, but Edge is greater than Matt. He made a mistake. I guess that makes him evil. Well back in the day HBK was pretty evil and now look at how he's turned out. He seems to be in God's good graces.

Christ there are a ton of fan girls on that site.

"This is even worse then the Bret Hart situation." wtf lmao. No sorry, this affects just the fans of Matt and the personal life of them three..it doesnt affect the industry at all. This will be forgotten in a few months.

edit- no way is that his wife. Just read page 6..if it is her I can see why Edge may have went after Lita in the first place. Seems like a big fan of Matt's and they are just trying to slander Edge. C'mon Matt, you can do better than this.
Get some pills there woman.

Fignuts
04-19-2005, 11:55 AM
take away Amy's opponents like Gail Kim, Molly Holly, Victoria--Girls that know how to wrestle and guess what? That nasty b**ch will bust her knee cap every other 7 months.
Credit: PWInsider.com

Ha hA

KingofOldSchool
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Oh please. Why would she wanna even discuss this over the net to people she doesnt even know anyways? She seems a bit bitter, which is understandable, but to say Edge is on roids seems to me like she is just trying to slander him out of jealousy.

Errrrr it's not slander if you're telling the truth.

And I hate to prove you wrong, but Edge admitted to steroid use on OTR a while back.

wwe2222
04-19-2005, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=Zen v.W.o.]
"This is even worse then the Bret Hart situation." wtf lmao. No sorry, this affects just the fans of Matt and the personal life of them three..it doesnt affect the industry at all. This will be forgotten in a few months.

Im sorry, but screwing over your wife and your best friend is far worse than bret hart getting screwed out of a title in an industry that predetermines its winner. Montreal may have been more IMPORTANT to the industry, but I cant say its worse than what happened with Edgegate.

Shadow
04-19-2005, 12:13 PM
LOL!

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Zen v.W.o.]

Im sorry, but screwing over your wife and your best friend is far worse than bret hart getting screwed out of a title in an industry that predetermines its winner. Montreal may have been more IMPORTANT to the industry, but I cant say its worse than what happened with Edgegate.

On a personal level yes, but the fangurls are talking about how it's bigger then the Bret situation in terms of wrestling. Which is nowhere close.

I still doubt it's her. She seems somewhat of a psycho hose-beast.

The Naitch
04-19-2005, 12:26 PM
I remember reading Are we there yet? and Matt goes on about how Lita and him were destined to be together, and that they had something special when he drove throught sleet and snow with a fever just to see Lita. They hugged and shit and then PLOP. Sorry, it wasn't destiny.

Savio
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
She went crazy on page 6

DaveWadding
04-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Hhahahah

"Personally I always liked Amy as a wrestler. As a person I always thought she was kinda a bitch and kinda looked like a man but I just chalked that up to all of the steriods she did... but hey maybe she's like Adam and only tried them once (Off the Record) and still doing them! Oh OK! "

Savio
04-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Man it won't let me register.

Innovator
04-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah they closed registering

I was thought, if during the trish/lita segment Matt's theme hit, I can't even fathom how big of a pop that would have been. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Half the people chanting just wanted to show that they were "in the know". They may sympathize with Matt and how he was dealt, but they dont really love the guy. Where were these fans when he was around? Exactly.

The crowd is very hypocritical. Boo her character, but why boo her for her own life choices and mistakes? What business is it of theirs how she lives it? So she cheated..big deal. Flair has done so much shit, he still is widely loved. Austin beats women. Gimme a break. Like a crowd in NY..NY people, are all full of saints. :nono:

Pillman needs to come back from death and cut his "smart mark" promo.

But seriously, the fans booing her for making a mistake in her own personal life is shit.

KingofOldSchool
04-19-2005, 12:52 PM
It's not a mistake if you don't "correct" the mistake you make.

KingofOldSchool
04-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Flair hasn't done anything that deserves people to hate him and he has meant so much to the business that he can get away with things, likewise with Austin.

To go along the lines of something KK would say, If Austin would goto Rome and stun the new Pope, all of the Catholics would mark out like a bunch of 12 year olds at an N*Sync concert.

What has Lita done to deserve that kind of praise? Nothing.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Oh please. Why would she wanna even discuss this over the net to people she doesnt even know anyways? She seems a bit bitter, which is understandable, but to say Edge is on roids seems to me like she is just trying to slander him out of jealousy. You know once they are done and divorced she wont have Edge's wallet to play with. She's basically lost her meal ticket. I feel badly for her, but Edge is greater than Matt. He made a mistake. I guess that makes him evil. Well back in the day HBK was pretty evil and now look at how he's turned out. He seems to be in God's good graces.

edit- no way is that his wife. Just read page 6..if it is her I can see why Edge may have went after Lita in the first place. Seems like a big fan of Matt's and they are just trying to slander Edge. C'mon Matt, you can do better than this.
As said before, it's impossible to slander somebody unless it's false.

Edge has admitted to using steroids.

I love how you attack the character of the one who was cheated on. Good Call.

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 01:01 PM
That still doesn't mean the fans are not full of BS for bitching on Lita for her own personal life decisions.
To use the fact that a guy like Austin can do no wrong just due to the reason he is popular as fuck and has done so much for the industry is a cop out. I could reverse this and say what has Matt done for the business that affords him the luxury of having so many chant for him, just to show some sort of sympathy to?

Lita solely has to apologize to Matt and the people it closely affects. We wont know if she has, it's none of our concern.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Half the people chanting just wanted to show that they were "in the know". They may sympathize with Matt and how he was dealt, but they dont really love the guy. Where were these fans when he was around? Exactly.
Yeah, because you're going to be as vocal when you see him weekly as you're going to be when he's been fired.

:roll:

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 01:05 PM
As said before, it's impossible to slander somebody unless it's false.

Edge has admitted to using steroids.

I love how you attack the character of the one who was cheated on. Good Call.

You cant tell me you think that's really her? If it is, she needs some mental help herself it seems.
I'm not attacking Matt, but he's making it harder for me to feel for him, when he wont stop his crusade to get to Edge and Lita. What's that gonna do for you Matt? Make you feel a bit better?

It sucks that he got sacked for that reason, and I think he should still be on tv. But he's the guy who is putting a situation that could have been handled privately into the publics hands. I'm not sure but that is rather uncalled for in itself. Just my opinion.

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, because you're going to be as vocal when you see him weekly as you're going to be when he's been fired.

:roll:

Tell me he was incredibly over. Tell me the fans chanting that all gave a honest shit about Matt. This is a spicy, juicy story, and fans love that kind of shit. They love it in Hollywood, they love it everywhere. Sports, whatever. They love controversy, and that is why everyone chanted and spouted all that stuff. It'll die down.

KingofOldSchool
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
That still doesn't mean the fans are not full of BS for bitching on Lita for her own personal life decisions.
To use the fact that a guy like Austin can do no wrong just due to the reason he is popular as fuck and has done so much for the industry is a cop out. I could reverse this and say what has Matt done for the business that affords him the luxury of having so many chant for him, just to show some sort of sympathy to?

Lita solely has to apologize to Matt and the people it closely affects. We wont know if she has, it's none of our concern.

Well Matt was lied and cheated on by the love of his life, THEN FIRED. Anyone with half of a heart would feel bad and want to support him.

And when your job requires you to be in the public eye, then the choices in your personal life will reach the public and they will judge you based on your decisions.

Funky Fly
04-19-2005, 01:09 PM
LOL owned

KingofOldSchool
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
You cant tell me you think that's really her? If it is, she needs some mental help herself it seems.
I'm not attacking Matt, but he's making it harder for me to feel for him, when he wont stop his crusade to get to Edge and Lita. What's that gonna do for you Matt? Make you feel a bit better?

Only Matt and Lisa know who that really is, I don't doubt that it's really her. And what she is saying sounds like nothing more than someone who is coping with the fact that her husband was having an affair on her and was lying about it.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:17 PM
You cant tell me you think that's really her?
You can't tell me I actually care?

Mayo
04-19-2005, 01:17 PM
To go along the lines of something KK would say, If Austin would goto Rome and stun the new Pope, all of the Catholics would mark out like a bunch of 12 year olds at an N*Sync concert.:wtf:

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Wouldn't have been made public if not for Matt airing his shit over the net, and repeatedly trying to gain sympathy from his fangrrrls. He should have handled it with a bit more maturity. Maybe he'd still have a job now.

But alas, he doesn't and that is too bad. But I'm sure the business will move on. I think the fans have a right to air their opinions live, hell I'm all for it. But I hope they aren't taking things too seriously. None of us are saints.

I just think he's hurting his chances of ever returning to the big time. If Vince can get so uptight over a post on a message board, imagine how he'd feel after the fans start fucking up his segments on account of a bitter ex-employee.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Tell me he was incredibly over. Tell me the fans chanting that all gave a honest shit about Matt. This is a spicy, juicy story, and fans love that kind of shit. They love it in Hollywood, they love it everywhere. Sports, whatever. They love controversy, and that is why everyone chanted and spouted all that stuff. It'll die down.
Yeah, people love drama. And of course some people are going to jump up and start screaming because it's a juicy story. Do you actually know a percentage? Have you been following MF'ers in the wild, carefully gaguing their response?

Tell us, doctor Zen, of your extensive research into how many people are only in it simply because it's drama.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Oh, and pop psych 101 really doesn't count as extensive research.

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Yeah, people love drama. And of course some people are going to jump up and start screaming because it's a juicy story. Do you actually know a percentage? Have you been following MF'ers in the wild, carefully gaguing their response?

Tell us, doctor Zen, of your extensive research into how many people are only in it simply because it's drama.

I'm willing to gauge about half the crowd didnt give a toss about the fact Matt was sacked, but went along with the chant anyways. How can we debate this? we cant. But from previous reactions to Mr. Hardy, and the fact he was not even more over then his bro Jeff, I'm willing to stand by my statement.

Thank you Kane Knight sir. :y: :)

McDoogle
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
To go along the lines of something KK would say, If Austin would goto Rome and stun the new Pope, all of the Catholics would mark out like a bunch of 12 year olds at an N*Sync concert.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Did the catholics cheer when that bitch (dont remember her name) tore up the picture of Pope John Paul? Yea im sure catholics all around the world would cheer :nono:

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm willing to gauge about half the crowd didnt give a toss about the fact Matt was sacked, but went along with the chant anyways. How can we debate this? we cant. But from previous reactions to Mr. Hardy, and the fact he was not even more over then his bro Jeff, I'm willing to stand by my statement.

Thank you Kane Knight sir. :y: :)
And I'l stand by mine.

People will become more vocal if someone they like gets booted like this.

KingofOldSchool
04-19-2005, 01:29 PM
That is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Did the catholics cheer when that bitch (dont remember her name) tore up the picture of Pope John Paul? Yea im sure catholics all around the world would cheer :nono:

*shakes head*

Obviously you haven't heard of a thing called sarcasm.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Hyperbole.

Really, don't be so literal.

It's less a factual statement, as it is a way of exaggerating to get across the point of how over Austin is.

Mr. JL
04-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey, I'm a 6'4'' skinny guy.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:46 PM
3 entries found for hyperbole.

<!-- begin ahd4 --><!-- google_ad_region_start=def --> hy·per·bo·le http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dhyperbole) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (hhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/imacr.gif-pûrhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/prime.gifbhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gif-lhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/emacr.gif)
n. <dl> <dd>A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.</dd> </dl>
<hr align="left" width="25%">[Latin<tt> hyperbolhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/emacr.gif</tt>, from Greek<tt> huperbolhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/emacr.gif</tt>, excess, from<tt> huperballein</tt>, to exceed :<tt> huper</tt>, beyond; see hyper- +<tt> ballein</tt>, to throw; see<tt> g<sup>w</sup>elhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/schwa.gif- </tt>in Indo-European Roots.]

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Hey, I'm a 6'4'' skinny guy.
I'm a 6'5" Lardass. The extra inch, not to mention the extra 300 lbs, insures that I will be the next WWE superstar, not you. :D

Mr. JL
04-19-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm a 6'5" Lardass. The extra inch, not to mention the extra 300 lbs, insures that I will be the next WWE superstar, not you. :D
:( But I wanna be a WWE superstar too.

RGWhat316
04-19-2005, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't have been made public if not for Matt airing his shit over the net, and repeatedly trying to gain sympathy from his fangrrrls. He should have handled it with a bit more maturity. Maybe he'd still have a job now.

But alas, he doesn't and that is too bad. But I'm sure the business will move on. I think the fans have a right to air their opinions live, hell I'm all for it. But I hope they aren't taking things too seriously. None of us are saints.

I just think he's hurting his chances of ever returning to the big time. If Vince can get so uptight over a post on a message board, imagine how he'd feel after the fans start fucking up his segments on account of a bitter ex-employee.
Wow, looks like I turned up late for a big debate. But I don't understand how you can attack Matt and Edge's wife. They are the victims here, Edge and Lita lied to their faces. Besides, this is the internet, this whole story would have been leaked out anyways. Matt just took it upon himself to tell his side of the story, and for BS, got fired for it.

I do feel sympathy for Matt. The love of his life cheats on him behind his back, then he loses his job over something that he had no control over.

And as for the fans chanting stuff during the segments, I think that most of it is due to the fact that the people involved committed adultury, and have faced no consequences for their actions. I remember hearing a story of how B.B. got fired a few years back for cheating with one of the superstars. And besides, that was New York City. These are the ones who chanted "You Sold Out" to Brock because they knew he was heading to the NFL. So they know what's going on.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 02:41 PM
:( But I wanna be a WWE superstar too.
You may job to me. ;)

Innovator
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm 6'1 220, unless I am a taller Benoit, I'll be jobbing to KK

Jorgha
04-19-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm a 6'5" Lardass. The extra inch, not to mention the extra 300 lbs, insures that I will be the next WWE superstar, not you.

And I want to be in the next Diva search. (yea right! :roll: )

Seriously I think the entire world has gone mad. I have been lurking and to damn lazy to sign in to actually post someting in a while but this entire Edge/Lita/Matt thing has given me a headache. Like some sick puppy I have read just about everything posted on, I have even read Matts message board and want to vomit over the fangrrrls (as someone called them).

This love triangle (for lack of a better word) has gotten more publicity than the entire Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie situation I think.

But that brings me to my point, as dull as it probably is.
Not that I am saying what anyone did in this situation was wrong or right but these things happen in Hollywood all the time. They are plastered on the front pages of tabloids and going through check out we all just look at them and shake our heads and move on. It doesn't personally affect us. People are taking this Matt/Edge/Lita thing personal and I don't get why.

Yes, it sucks that Matt was fired over it all. I wasn't a huge Matt Hardy fan but at the same time I admitt that he is a very talented wrestler and always looked forward to his matches. It sucks that Amy cheated on him. It sucks that it was with his best friend. These things happen in real life every day, just not the wrestling world or in Hollywood. I can't name the number of military men that I know have been cheated on by their wives with their best friends while they were over seas, on deployment, etc. It happens, right or wrong.

I think it was really this side of immature of Matt to post things on his web site like he did. He may be comfortable with airing his dirty laundry in public but by doing that, Lisa (Adam's wife) obvoiously couldn't handle the backlash and has tripped off line. Adam and Amy probably don't appreciate it either by the chants from RAW last night (Ok, I heard a few beligernet "you screwed Edge" chants mixed in with the "you screwed Matt" chants. Does anyone else think it would have been really funny just to see how the audiance would have reacted if Lita broke character and said to the audiance something like "Yea, I screwed Edge and it was fun"? LOL). Matt has handled this like someone in high school and he won't let go and move on. The more that is posted on his board (and we know there are rabid fans over there waiting for more stuff to be posted about it all) I mean, if he needs pity and support from fangrrrls that want him based only on his celeb status and his looks to help heal his wounded ego, that is his choice but people are getting way to worked up over this. Way to worked up. They are taking it personal and I don't get it.

Zen v.W.o.
04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Matt's message board makes me ill btw. "Oh well we all love you matt and we all teared up when we heard those chants for you last night. MF'ers unite, yaaaaay!!! You are my inspiration Matt and your desire will never be in vain, you will rise above it all, and you shall conquer. The WWE will fear us!"

That's just a small sample of the sickening display put on by notorious fangrrls all over that site.

Jaded-Dragon
04-19-2005, 03:17 PM
She does have a very good point. I bet anything if Matt went to Vince and said "Hey, we can turn this into a convincing angle" he would still have a job.

adamwwe
04-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Love how she ripped Amy a new one after saying she wasn't gonna stoop to her level. Some people crack me up.

KingofOldSchool
04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm 5'9" and 139lbs.

In otherwords, I'm Spike Dudley with better hair.

KayfabeMan
04-19-2005, 03:44 PM
:lol: @ this whole thread.

PureHatred
04-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Matt's mistake was airing this shit in public in the first place. I'm sure he was hurt and upset and he wanted some sympathy and some payback, but what the hell was he hoping to accomplish by posting all this on his fansite? It wasn't going to fix things with Lita. And he had to know that the WWE would hate what he did.

They flip out if their workers make any public comments that could even be construed as negative, so no way would they approve of some random midcarder leting the whole world know about some embarassing real life beef he's got with another worker backstage.

What happened ot Matt and Lisa is shitty. What Edge and Lita did was shitty. But Matt posting all this to "share with his fans" was just stupid. He should've gone to management, explained the situation and asked to be moved to Smackdown because he wanted to avoid any drama. Blast Lita in private. Hell, testify at the divorce proceedings so that Lisa screws Edge in the settlement. But at least keep your job. He'd have had another girlfirend witinh six months.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
And I want to be in the next Diva search. (yea right! :roll: )
Way to miss it, retard. :)

Nark Order
04-19-2005, 06:56 PM
LMAO @ the comment about Lita injuring herself...

Savio
04-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah they closed registeringThat sucks I was gonna register as Adam copland or edgehead.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-19-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't know what to say about this whole predicament.

I'm a fan of both Matt Hardy and Edge (not Lita though. Botchmaster 5000. -.-), so I can't really take a side. I can't condone what Edge did, but I can't hate him for it either.

Even if Matt's being released was due to airing this story in public, that's still not right, or at least I don't think so. I'd imagine that right now he feels like when it rains, it pours.

I just hope everyone gets their shit straightened out. :-\

Corkscrewed
04-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, Lisa totally flipped out, which was amusing a bit.

The forum does sound pretty idolating, but that's understandable. I don't see how you can go against Matt or Lisa, since they've been wrong. Yeah... maybe it's a bit immature the way they've handled it, but geez, put yourself in their shoes. It's not like everyone's going to be casual, cool, and regal about it.

Also, on a slightly different note, I found this hilarious.

Sources backstage at WWE RAW last night observed that Amy "Lita" Dumas was somewhat shaken up by the heated reaction she recieved from the crowd at Madison Square Garden. During her segment with Trish Stratus, numerous fans chanted in favor of Matt Hardy, and against her, which clearly had an affect. Edge on the other hand was said to have taken it all in his stride and felt it's great heet for his heel character.
:lol: at Lita. I knew she'd freak.

And Edge seems to have taken on JBL Syndrome, where people booing him as a persona now translates to him being a good heel.

Innovator
04-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Crowd: YOU SCREWED MATT! BOO EDGE!

Edge: eh...at least they acknowledge me

John la Rock
04-20-2005, 01:44 AM
:y:

loopydate
04-20-2005, 01:48 AM
imagine how he'd feel after the fans start fucking up his segments on account of a bitter ex-employee.
You mean like chanting "What" during Kurt Angle segments?

Zen v.W.o.
04-20-2005, 02:21 AM
You mean like chanting "What" during Kurt Angle segments?

That's annoying as fuck.

http://upvolt.com/uploads/1002e173a4.jpg

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Crowd: YOU SCREWED MATT! BOO EDGE!

Edge: eh...at least they acknowledge me
It's the most over he's been in years. And all he had to do was piss away a marriage and a friendship.

Innovator
04-20-2005, 10:29 AM
so thats that secret of getting heat eh...

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 10:52 AM
so thats that secret of getting heat eh...
And it bypasses that pesky "charisma" issue.

I hate bashing Edge like this. Back when he was the goofy, Soccer-porn-rules, E&C Edge, he was a great character. Not as good a s Chris, but pretty damn good. He's about as solid a worker as he ever was (Which isn't great, but he was fine for a midcard heel in a tag team), and it's a shame his gimmick is so weak.

Now Coepland himself, who I often refer to as "edge," I have no issues bashing. However, the in-ring character was a solid one for many years, and now it's just...WEAK.

Londoner
04-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Matt's mistake was airing this shit in public in the first place. I'm sure he was hurt and upset and he wanted some sympathy and some payback, but what the hell was he hoping to accomplish by posting all this on his fansite? It wasn't going to fix things with Lita. And he had to know that the WWE would hate what he did.

People do stupid shit when they're hurt, i know that for sure so you can't really blame him for doing such a thing if you take into account what he must've been going through.

This is just typical though and why nothing surprises me anymore, the guys(yes, im referring to lita as a guy) who cheated get away with everything and keep there jobs, yet the ones who get cheated on, lose everything. That's life aint it really.

Lesson learnt here: Cheating gets you going places. Not cheating means you will suffer.

Meh, i don't really care though to be honest, though i feel bad for matt and edge's wife, them two should get together i think. :y:

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 02:21 PM
People do stupid shit when they're hurt, i know that for sure so you can't really blame him for doing such a thing if you take into account what he must've been going through.

This is just typical though and why nothing surprises me anymore, the guys(yes, im referring to lita as a guy) who cheated get away with everything and keep there jobs, yet the ones who get cheated on, lose everything. That's life aint it really.

Lesson learnt here: Cheating gets you going places. Not cheating means you will suffer.

Meh, i don't really care though to be honest, though i feel bad for matt and edge's wife, them two should get together i think. :y:
The funniest thing is that they point to Matt's unprofessional attacks as the reason. Hmmm.

Isn't this the same company that aired their dirty laundry over the Austin issue? And dedicated a LOT of time to it? Matt posted a note on his website, which was probably mostly read by fanboys, explaining why the Amy Pics were taken off his site (Which went wayyyyy too far, I'm not trying to protect matt here), and gets fired.

I mean, normally, we reward people who are petty and vinditctive. Bob Holly is a "lockerroom leader" and JBL had a massive push. We reward sloppy workers, we reward bad draws...But a bad judgement call in keeping with the WWE's precedents for dirty laundry, and suddenly, we'd better fire him?

Though in honesty, I think he was fired for having a website.

Corkscrewed
04-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Lesnar got to him.

Poor guy. :'(

Londoner
04-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Sometimes i wonder why i remain loyal to watching there shit, oh yeah its cos nothing else is on.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 02:34 PM
Sometimes i wonder why i remain loyal to watching there shit, oh yeah its cos nothing else is on.
True.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-20-2005, 04:11 PM

Damned internet communists. :foc:

This might sound asinine, but how farfetched is it to think that Vince tries to find domain names that relate to his employees? He probably has a wad of pink slips in his pockets if the workers create "Unofficial" websites.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Damned internet communists. :foc:

This might sound asinine, but how farfetched is it to think that Vince tries to find domain names that relate to his employees? He probably has a wad of pink slips in his pockets if the workers create "Unofficial" websites.
I think it's unlikely, but fun to joke about.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 08:00 PM

Thank you. I agree.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 08:07 PM

It sucks that he got sacked for that reason, and I think he should still be on tv. But he's the guy who is putting a situation that could have been handled privately into the publics hands. I'm not sure but that is rather uncalled for in itself. Just my opinion.
Thank you. I agree.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-20-2005, 08:08 PM
KK, I don't understand how you could refer to Edge's in ring work as not very good, he has always been rock solid.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 08:11 PM

They flip out if their workers make any public comments that could even be construed as negative, so no way would they approve of some random midcarder leting the whole world know about some embarassing real life beef he's got with another worker backstage.

What happened ot Matt and Lisa is shitty. What Edge and Lita did was shitty. But Matt posting all this to "share with his fans" was just stupid. He should've gone to management, explained the situation and asked to be moved to Smackdown because he wanted to avoid any drama. Blast Lita in private. Hell, testify at the divorce proceedings so that Lisa screws Edge in the settlement. But at least keep your job. He'd have had another girlfirend witinh six months.
Thank you. I agree.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 08:33 PM
KK, I don't understand how you could refer to Edge's in ring work as not very good, he has always been rock solid.
Simple. I don't agree with you.

Londoner
04-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Hahaha@edges ring work being rock solid, guess that would explain why he's got so many injuries eh?

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 09:03 PM
The funniest thing is that they point to Matt's unprofessional attacks as the reason. Hmmm.

Isn't this the same company that aired their dirty laundry over the Austin issue? And dedicated a LOT of time to it? Matt posted a note on his website, which was probably mostly read by fanboys, explaining why the Amy Pics were taken off his site (Which went wayyyyy too far, I'm not trying to protect matt here), and gets fired.

I mean, normally, we reward people who are petty and vinditctive. Bob Holly is a "lockerroom leader" and JBL had a massive push. We reward sloppy workers, we reward bad draws...But a bad judgement call in keeping with the WWE's precedents for dirty laundry, and suddenly, we'd better fire him?

There's no doubt WWE is hypocritical. People are trying too hard to make sense of what is basically a bi-polar company.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Hahaha@edges ring work being rock solid, guess that would explain why he's got so many injuries eh?
If getting injured is the sign of being sloppy, I guess Angle, Jericho, Benoit, HHH, HBK, Austin, Bret, etc were all sloppy workers.

Your arguement is shallow.

Londoner
04-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Yes but edge has had so many more injuries than the rest.

Edge's wrestling is shallow.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 09:20 PM
There's no doubt WWE is hypocritical. People are trying too hard to make sense of what is basically a bi-polar company.
I know. There's no ABC reaction. The WWE jumps all across the charts.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
If getting injured is the sign of being sloppy, I guess Angle, Jericho, Benoit, HHH, HBK, Austin, Bret, etc were all sloppy workers.

Your arguement is shallow.
Yeah, Angle's had a LOT of injuries. Let's call him a bad worker.

There are good workers who are incredibly injury prone...

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Like Kevin Nash...:shifty:

Londoner
04-20-2005, 09:42 PM
btw my comment about edges connection with injuries/wrestling was a joke, i still think he sucks both as a person/wrestler though. His acting skills also don't impress me, the mad man character is hardly that hard to play, he cant even pull that off.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 09:44 PM

The crowd knew it, they chanted that he sucked, afterall.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 09:45 PM

Gone Mad
04-20-2005, 09:59 PM
It's not due to injuries why is bad, but if you actually notice Edge wrestling and it is not high caliber or main event worthy or anything near that. As I said before, he has talent, don't get me wrong, but not enough to the point where the WWE constantly pushes him to the top when he is not one of the best there. And that just makes most people hate him, including me.

I hadn't comment on what Edge's wife said but all I gotta say is she is greatness and Edge is an idiot for leaving her.

Jorgha
04-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Ok, we have all determined that, by the post on Matt's website, that Edge's wife needs some serious mental help. I found this little article posted about her and an ex-boyfriend posted elsewhere. It confirms she's nuts.

Baseball Player's Domestic Violence Arrest Demonstrates How Men are Presumed Guilty in Domestic Disputes
By Glenn Sacks

Baltimore Orioles pitcher Scott Erickson was arrested after an altercation with his girlfriend last week--the latest example of how police often arrest men who have been attacked by their female partners.

According to the Associated Press, the Baltimore police concluded that Erickson's girlfriend Lisa Ortiz: initiated the fight by hurling objects; decided to come back twice after Erickson carried her out of the apartment; repeatedly kicked the apartment door; caused Erickson two minor injuries, one of them to his pitching arm; and herself suffered no injuries.

Nonetheless the police, who were operating under Maryland's mandatory arrest law, interpreted Erickson's actions as excessive and are charging him with second-degree assault. Ortiz states that Erickson, who did not pursue her either time after carrying her out, "has never been physically abusive toward me, and in no way do I feel threatened or felt fear from Scott." Ortiz was not arrested.

Jaded-Dragon
04-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Are you kidding? Edge is absolutely main event calibur. Take a look at Triple H....

-Knee to the face
-Face buster
-Pedigree
-Throw in a suplex and/or a body slam
-Do a new submission every few weeks to try and prove to smarks that you can mat wrestle
-Boring ass promo's

That's what it takes to be main event, Edge has every bit of that.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 10:41 PM
True. The crowds are a good marker for the quality of a wrestler.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM
Are you kidding? Edge is absolutely main event calibur. Take a look at Triple H....

-Knee to the face
-Face buster
-Pedigree
-Do a new submission every few weeks to try and prove to smarks that you can mat wrestle
-Boring ass promo's

Damn. You got me.

I'm convinced. If that's what it takes. Edge has got all the skills of a champion.

Except if he cheated, hge'd be jobbing to Jarrett in TNA. :lol:

Gone Mad
04-20-2005, 10:42 PM

-Knee to the face
-Face buster
-Pedigree
-Boring ass promo's

LOL, you sank my battleship! You proved some good and yet true points there. Edge IS the main event.

Londoner
04-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Edge is not main event calibur though, he's missing one key factor, his name isn't Triple H.

Jorgha
04-21-2005, 12:06 PM
LOL!
Maybe he should have slept with Steph and married her.
Then Edge would definatly be main event material. ;)

The Gooch
04-21-2005, 12:27 PM

-Knee to the face
-Face buster
-Pedigree
-Boring ass promo's

And Hogan only had a Leg Drop so everybody can be a maineventer? I'm not a Triple H fan, but he deserves his spot on top. His promo's are too long at times, but he does them with the conviction of a main eventer. Having Christian by his side was the only time Edge ever gave a good promo.

Londoner
04-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Someone didn't see the sarcasm.

The Gooch
04-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Perhaps a smiley face would have helped if it was intended that way.

Londoner
04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
I assume it is anyway. If it isnt then it's a rather stupid post.

YOUR Hero
04-21-2005, 10:25 PM
LOL!
Maybe he should have slept with Steph and married her.
Then Edge would definatly be main event material. ;)
He's working his way up the ladder.

Jaded-Dragon
04-23-2005, 12:17 AM
I assume it is anyway. If it isnt then it's a rather stupid post.

I was completely serious.... :shifty:

tucsonspeed6
04-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Ok, so does anyone think it's a bit odd that Edge's wife would come out on Hardy's site to break her silence? I'm not saying that she wasn't mad or that her anger wasn't justified...I'm just wondering why she chose to post on Matt Hardy's website. She could have gone to a wrestling magazine/website or call Lita out personally. And I'm not necessarily saying that Matt's the type of person who can't let the whole thing go to the point that he's contacted Edge's wife to get her statement on the whole thing weeks after it's happened...or that this person isn't even Edge's wife at all. I'm just saying that it sounds fishy.

BTW, a personal question to my fellow smart marks. this isn't going to be the next '97 screwjob is it? I mean, 10 years from now will I come on here to read some big headline that says "Matt Hardy releases another statement on Edge being an asshole; Hardy greatest wrestler of all time and not bitter in the slightest:" and then come on to the message boards to find every noob starting a thread that says "HOU MUTCH DEW YOO H8 EJ!?!!11!"?

Londoner
04-23-2005, 04:01 PM
tuconspeed-in response to your needless neg rep of me-yes it was a joke, it's a pity you didn't have the guts to tell me that in this thread. Edge is just in my eyes not that good a wrestler, and i was taking the piss by showing that the injuries he's had confirms that. now if you can't lighten up, that's your problem.

tucsonspeed6
04-23-2005, 04:21 PM
The initial post

Which was brought down by comments that other wrestlers get injured as well. To which the reply:

Yes but edge has had so many more injuries than the rest.

Edge's wrestling is shallow.

is made. This is a defense of the statement that injuries are a good enough reason to say a wrestler is bad.

btw my comment about edges connection with injuries/wrestling was a joke, i still think he sucks both as a person/wrestler though. His acting skills also don't impress me, the mad man character is hardly that hard to play, he cant even pull that off.

And now we're supposed to believe that the first post was a joke. I don't believe it was, and I felt that somebody who backs out on their word isn't worthy of a high reputation. I bad repped you just like I bad repped the guy who constantly comes in here saying that his evil brother logged in under his name every time he says something stupid. Own up to it and stop the pissing and moaning.

And it has nothing to do with the fact that you don't like Edge. I know of a lot of people on these boards who hate Edge and I don't have a problem with them. But don't expect me to sit here and pretend that your little "kick 'em in the nuts and run away" antics are worthy of positive reps, because everybody needs to own up to their mistakes. You, me, KK, hell even Funky Fly...none of us are above the basic requirements of a little bit of dignity. If you can't say, "You know, you make a good point. I take back my statement," you only deserve to have one little green dot below your name. And maybe giving a bad rep was a little over the top. I know what it's like to be a peon, and these reps are like gold to people like us. I'd be glad to take it back with a positive rep, but I think you need to earn it first with a credible statement.

Londoner
04-23-2005, 04:36 PM
LoL, i'm pissing and moaning? I was explaining myself, now if you can't accept an explanation, then that's your problem,correct me if im wrong but didn't hbk himself make a joke about Edge's wrestling being sloppy is the reason why he got loads of injuries? I was basically saying the samething, in a sarcastic manner, which obviously doesn't come across well on the net.i think you've overeacted needlessly, it's like you guys wait for someone to slip up. That's pretty sad imo. I ain't arguing anymore, cos this is gonna go nowhere.

Favre4Ever
04-24-2005, 12:48 PM
wow

Tornado
04-24-2005, 01:14 PM
If Edge bangs Stephanie, will Triple H loose his job?

Jaded-Dragon
04-24-2005, 02:15 PM
If Edge bangs Stephanie, will Triple H loose his job?

Nah, they'll just slip into a love triangle angle and we will be forced to watch 6 straight years of Edge vs HHH

Kane Knight
04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Nah, they'll just slip into a love triangle angle and we will be forced to watch 6 straight years of Edge vs HHH
With neither one putting anyone over.

The worst part is that, in 2007, they pin each other, and we have a 3 year Co-championship reign.

This will end in 2011, when both are forced to job to Zachary, Linda McMahon's poolboy. :shifty:

Jorgha
04-25-2005, 12:51 AM
And to regain his championship belt, HHH will start seeing Zachary and the home videos will be put out by the same company that put out One Night in China....

Kane Knight
04-25-2005, 10:36 AM
:shidder:

hitman
12-08-2005, 07:30 AM
That article is shit. Anyone believe it's Edge's wife need to get a head check.

Tornado
12-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Nice Bump.

Dave Youell
12-08-2005, 07:44 AM
What the shit?

Corkscrewed
12-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Wow. Talk about n00b moron.

BTW, where's Jorgha been anyway?