PDA

View Full Version : Kid Kash on TNA, WWE, AMW & more...

blake639raw
04-19-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_12848.shtml

- Kid Kash said the last several months in TNA has seen a lot of shuffling of the bookers and writers trying to find the right mix for creating a solid product. With that has come an influx of new guys to the company, causing more money to be spent on big name talent rather than running houseshows, creating publicity, and promoting the product, which could all help bring in more business for TNA. It would also allow more money to return to the original TNA guys who have been there from the beginning, as a reward for loyal service.

- Kash said he respects what the big names have done in their careers, but wanted to know why the company is going further into debt if the big names are so over with the fans. Kash said WWF didn't have any problem getting rid of those big names when they weren't drawing any more.

- Kash said he likes Diamond Dallas Page, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall, but didn't see them getting anyone over back in WCW, as is happening now in TNA. Consequently, he's been busting his backside for three years and there doesn't seem to be a reward for hard work, because they wouldn't be in Universal Studios if they were successful.

- Kash said TNA management is putting all their money into finding a new timeslot for TNA programming, but it's not reasonable because the product is not close to running with "the big boys" – the WWE.

- Kash said his character is getting himself over and getting himself some good name recognition. Kash said he developed his gimmick from the Rock N Roll Express's guidance, paying attention to what he was being told, while using some education from other people to create his character.

- Kash said Indy guys come into TNA and get a huge push, only to get a big head and lose focus on how to get over.

- On the topic of Randy Orton ripping off his "legend killer" gimmick, Kash said he doesn't care because it's flattering that someone in WWE would use a gimmick he got over.

- Kash said whenever he wrestles, he has to be the one to make sure the match progresses as it should, leading tag partners or opponents to half-way decent match. With that said, Kash believes he should receive a raise for all the hard work he has put into the company, especially in this regard of leading match planning.

- Kash said he's tried to get himself fired by cussing people out and shooting straight with company management in a way that isn't on par with company politics or company games. Kash said TNA has come to a point where they can't even afford to pay the majority of the wrestlers in the locker room. Kash said TNA got themselves into this mess because they signed all these big names to big contracts, wasting time and money trying to get their hopes up with some unreasonable business decisions.

- Kash said TNA should to be running houseshows because it brings in new fans who don't even know TNA is on TV. Kash said TNA could bring in 5,000 fans similar to how ECW used to do, which would bring in smart revenues for the company.

- Kash said Jeff Jarrett must think he's the "Messiah of wrestling," but he sure isn't Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, or the Rock. Kash doesn't understand why TNA thinks using Jarrett as the flagship is the right move for business when he isn't even on par with the aforementioned "franchise names" WWE has used to draw business. Kash said Jarrett is a "nice guy" in the sense that he's been giving wrestlers work, but that doesn't make up for him not being a world-class athlete.

- On the topic of his best time in the three years being involved in TNA, Kash said, "I haven't had a best time, honestly." Kash said he's been in the business a long time and this isn't fun for him, despite it being his passion or his "mistress." Kash said he's good at wrestling and has taken many ass-whoopings to get to where he is right now, and subsequently realizes that pro wrestling is a business and you have to know how to handle it as a business to make money and earn a living.

- In a funny story that highlights TNA's lack of management prowess, Kash said TNA tried to sign him to a long-term deal early on in the company's life, but Kash refused to do so. Upon TNA putting the X Division Title on Kash, Bob Ryder approached Kash and told him that he needed to sign a contract in order to wear TNA's X Division belt. Kash said he gave the belt right back because he wanted guaranteed money immediately and later on down the road. Kash said TNA wrote up a "B.S. contract" that wasn't worth the paper it was written on.

- Kash said half of the locker room could walk out of TNA right now from a breach of contract by TNA management. Kash said he put in his release a few weeks ago, but TNA never granted his release. Kash said he wants to do the right thing – out of being a gentlemen – but he is a businessman who needs to protect himself. Kash said you have to do the right thing in getting people over in the ring, and anyone who refuses to do so is a "piece of s---." Kash said he's never had to give his resignation to any company before, because he's never been treated so badly before.

- Kash said he struggles to get on the plane every time he flies into Orlando because he knows what kind of lies and half-truths TNA is going to present to him. Kash said he tried leaving the company altogether awhile back, but TNA wouldn't allow him to leave, so they just suspended him for two or three weeks.

- Kash said his TNA contract doesn't say anything about changing the booking dates or taping schedule, leaving many TNA wrestlers high and dry after signing a deal guaranteeing x-amount of booking dates leading to x-amount of dollars. Kash said this has led to many wrestlers missing paydays with TNA ownership out on vacation, not available to pay the ever-decreasing paychecks. Kash said he goes into a rage when TNA fails to make their payments to the wrestlers, leading to near blow-ups every time TNA promotes another lie to the faces of the wrestlers.

- Kash's philosophy on drawing fans is that heels put butts in the seats because they beat up the babyfaces until the babyfaces get their big comeback victory, which the fans want to see.

- Kash said big names are going to use their star power to get paid, get booking dates, and get storyline power, while Styles, Brown, and America's Most Wanted are getting their pushes, leaving himself wondering where his push is. Kash wonders why Jeff Jarrett can't take a little bit of a backseat to allow some other guys to get over, while using his star power for mid-card or "near main event" storylines or feuds.

- Kash said Styles, Brown, and AMW are going to get their big pushes because they are TNA guys, while Kid Kash – an ECW guy – is going to be held back and given a backseat to give the TNA guys priority.

- Kash said asking for a release in WWE is unheard of, because WWE has many wrestlers on the roster who can fill slots of any released wrestlers. Kash said he knows he's not Hulk Hogan or Shawn Michaels, but does the best he can do to be just Kid Kash.

- Kash brought up his match against A.J. Styles on the March 4 edition of Impact, where they tore the house down leading into the Destination X PPV, only to have Kash plugged in the pre-show match. (JC Note: Kash tore the house down on the pre-show match as well.)

- Kash said he walked up to Lance Hoyt and the opponents he had on the pre-show (Jerrelle Clark & Cassidy Riley) and said they were going to cram a good match right down TNA management's throat. Kash said he went into the TNA offices the following Tuesday and asked about how well his match came across. Management praised Kash for his two matches (vs. Styles and on the pre-show) then Kash asked why he was on the pre-show instead of on the actual PPV. Management told Kash that the pre-show is the most watched show and gives viewers a chance to see the best of what is going to come on the PPV. Kash said that was a whole lot of B.S. Kash said the Rock N Roll Express taught him the business and he wasn't going to fall for the lame company line excusing why he was on the pre-show rather than the actual PPV.

- Kash said TNA management really doesn't know their talent, at all. Kash said Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger used the "WWE offered us a deal" excuse to get out of their TNA contracts, scoring a huge payoff from TNA buying out their contracts.

- Kash said he has a 12-year old son he has to look after and working once a month for minimum pay isn't helping pay the bills. Kash said his son is just like him and wrestles just like him too.

- Kash said few of the other guys and himself were told by the office "no" regarding whether they could work WWE's ECW PPV. Kash told the office that if TNA wasn't going to pay him more money and weren't going to book him in more dates, they should at least allow him to work a one-night only date to make money. Kash said management got back to him on the issue and was going to allow him to wrestle the ECW PPV, until word from Vince McMahon came down that he wasn't going to allow any TNA talent to wrestle the ECW PPV.

- Kash said it all has to do with doing a one-night show to hang out with the guys he spent some of the best times of his life with. Kash said he just wanted to enjoy a good night together with a lot of the guys who helped create "Kid Kash" and allowed him to run with the character and make an identity for him.

- Kash said his TNA contract is up in September, and when asked if he would go to WWE if Vince McMahon called him up, Kash said, "absolutely." Kash said he went to WCW after ECW shut down, but within weeks, WCW was bought out, eliminating the nice contract he had in WCW via ECW. Kash said WWE told him they were going to renegotiate the contract, but WWE could only offer a developmental deal in Cincinnati, despite him being in the business for "ten or eleven years already." Kash said it was another trial and error in his game of life.

- Kash said his character is not who he is for real, but he will speak his mind and let you know what he thinks – to a degree. Kash said he'll be a team player and listen to what management tells him, but if management starts screwing him over – like signing a contract and not following through – then he has a problem leading to him speaking up. Kash said the line of communication within TNA is terrible and creates more problems than good because you have to go from department to department to department to get answers to simple questions that no one seems to have the answers for.

- Kash said he just started working Indy shows again and is going back to college to get a degree in Biology-Science. Kash said government loans have helped him get through college despite TNA not giving him a raise.

- Kash said he doesn't have anything against the people in TNA – except a few people – but he has a problem with how the overall company is being run. Kash said people like America's Most Wanted (James Storm & Chris Harris) are just like Jeff Jarrett in that they're average mid-carders, who really aren't that good. Kash asked what AMW and Jarrett would do if TNA shut down because there would be nowhere for them to go because "they can't do it on their own." Kash said TNA babies AMW and pays them a ridiculous amount of money despite their limitations. Kash said they're being paid three times more than most of the guys in the locker room – outside of Nash and the other guys.

- Kash said James Storm is horrible on the mic and talks like a hillbilly who you can't understand a word he says. Kash emphasized his belief that AMW is terrible and isn't worth the time given to them in the ring because they can't wrestle. Kash said he has to slow down to work with them because they're not capable of keeping up with him. Kash said James Storm acts like a luchador and can't even get his leg straight to deliver a super kick because he's too fat and out of shape with a belly hanging over his belt.

- Kash said he doesn't respect James Storm, despite liking him as a person. Kash said he doesn't respect AMW because they didn't pay their dues at any point in time, despite Kash paying his dues riding the roads with Rock N Roll Express and others. Kash said many guys have sold their soul to receive a push instead of paying their dues.

- Kash said AMW made up a lie that WWE was interested in them so TNA would pay them more money. Kash said he talked some guys up front in the WWE office – including Tommy Dreamer – who indicated they never even talked to AMW, proving that AMW used a cheap negotiating ploy to get more money in TNA. Kash said he's not pissed off at AMW directly, but he's pissed off at the company itself for promoting a company culture that requires wrestlers to use WWE as a tool for getting a raise.

- Kash said he and Lance Hoyt would own AMW if he actually put his heart into wrestling, but since he doesn't feel like TNA is giving him a fair shake, he doesn't want to expend all that energy working hard for the company. Kash said Lance Hoyt and TNA asked for his help getting Hoyt over, and Hoyt has gotten himself over based on the "Hoyt, Hoyt, Hoyt" chants seen in Orlando every time he wrestles.

- On the topic of wrestlers changing their names so often, Kash said Michael Shane had to change his name because a guy named Michael received a WWE developmental deal, while Lance Hoyt changed away from the "Dallas" name because Diamond Dallas Page came in, and TNA didn't want to confuse anybody. Kash pointed out that it's not like Hoyt and DDP would ever be seen in the same storyline or match since TNA doesn't push the mid-card acts with the "big names."

- Kash said Dusty Rhodes and Kevin Nash noticed one really good thing about Kash's character and that is the fact that at Impact tapings, it is the unnecessary to give instructions on who to boo and who to cheer prior to every match involving Kash because everyone hates Kash as it is. That's a reflection on how well developed Kash's character is. Kash wondered what the business has come to when you have to go to the ring and tell the fans who to boo and who to cheer. Kash said it's like "the Titanic."

- Kash said he wanted to clarify that he isn't happy with the company, and all of the things he said on the interview have already been told to management "a hundred times over." Kash said he is very appreciative of TNA appreciating his talent, but he wants to get fired by TNA and is using all these interviews bashing TNA as a method for hopefully getting fired. However, Kash said he feels good that TNA respects his talent enough to keep him despite his constant complaining.

- On the topic of Randy Orton crapping in a diva's bag, Kash said he had not heard of the event before the interview, and said the wrestlers are a different breed of people than most people realize.

DaveWadding
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Kash is an asshole who's too full of himself to realize he's shitting out his own mouth.

PureHatred
04-19-2005, 02:04 PM
If Kid Kash was employed by the WWE, Vince's secret police would've shot him midway through this tirade.

Innovator
04-19-2005, 02:11 PM
To use a horrible cliched line, Kash's mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash.

Danny Electric
04-19-2005, 03:23 PM
I feel sorry for his son if he's like his dad.

LK
04-19-2005, 05:55 PM
I must say that I agree with him on AMW. I don't see what's special about them at all. I think Storm is awful and Harris isn't really all that good either.

RemyRed
04-19-2005, 08:32 PM
Well he's been fired. Just check www.tnawrestling.com

Shadow
04-19-2005, 08:36 PM
AMW....meh. They're good at what they do but to compare them to Jeff Jarret...sorry Kash. You sir are a retard.

Still have to respect a man who speaks his mind like that. Even if he is an asshole.

Boondock Saint
04-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Kash said he is very appreciative of TNA appreciating his talent, but he wants to get fired by TNA and is using all these interviews bashing TNA as a method for hopefully getting fired. However, Kash said he feels good that TNA respects his talent enough to keep him despite his constant complaining.

LOL, well he got his wish.

Jaded-Dragon
04-19-2005, 09:15 PM
He might be an "asshole" but just about everything he said is what many people on these boards have been saying for months.

The fact that TNA can't push the young talent that they have, but instead would rather give top spots to aging veterans who can't draw anymore, speaks volumes about how "in-tune" they are with the wrestling business.

I remember when Kash, Styles, and Jerry Lynn were the only real draw of TNA for awhile. Meh....

PullMyFinger
04-19-2005, 09:31 PM
Well he's been fired. Just check www.tnawrestling.com
hahahahaahahah

PullMyFinger
04-19-2005, 09:32 PM
I would've squashed him in TNA then let him go lmao

Mr. JL
04-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I do not agree about what he said about America's Most Wanted. I think they are a pretty darn good tag team. Then again, I am not a wrestler and have never wrestled them, so I can only speak as a fan. I must admit that I definitely prefer Chris Harris over James Storm.

I have definitely enjoyed some of Kid Kash's work in TNA though and will miss seeing him in the ring. However, he is an asshole who appears to rip off RVD. His music sound just like 'Walk', not to mention he is the K I D, and etc.

redoneja
04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Sure Kash is a little brash but he does speak the truth about TNA, Jarrett, and AMW. Just like Jaded-Dragon said, its what we've been saying for months now, except this time its coming from the inside. Remember, Kash was in similar situation in ECW(except he was getting pushed) so I have to believe that he is really pissed off at TNA to come out with this.
AMW is a decent tag team in an era of mediocre tag teams. Put up against ANY team of the late 80s, early 90s they would be utterly humiliated. AMW has no charisma, no ring psychology, and their tandem moves look to rehearsed instead of natural(like most tag teams do)
Monty Brown is just BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!! Period.
Jeff Jarrett' time ended at WWF In Your House-July 1995, where he lost the IC title to Michaels. IMO that was his last good match.
Like I've said before in many a post TNA is in horrible shape and needs to go the way of Al Wilson.

*dreams of a day where RoH is the leading national competitor of WWE*

Shadow
04-19-2005, 10:27 PM
*dreams of a day where RoH is the leading national competitor of WWE*

Keep dreaming there buddy. It'll never happen.

redoneja
04-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah I know
Actually I wouldn't want RoH to turn into a WWE like promotion, I think it would lose its appeal if it did.

Sepholio
04-19-2005, 11:17 PM
I have respect for him as well for saying all that.

But I do find it funny that people are calling him an asshole and what not for saying what everyone else is thinking. If anything, this just proves he has more balls than the rest.

Shaggy
04-19-2005, 11:45 PM
I cant believe they fired him...that sucks

James Steele
04-19-2005, 11:53 PM
I agree with every damn word Kid Kash said.

SammyG
04-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah, he is gone

Fox
04-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Kash isn't full of himself - he's merely speaking the truth. Who here can say that they'd rather see Jeff Jarrett, DDP, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall on top of TNA instead of AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Kid Kash, Chris Sabin, and so many other talented wrestlers?

TNA is going down the shitter - Kash is just describing the shape of the feces before the toilet is flushed.

mike627
04-20-2005, 12:56 AM
I respect Kid Kash's honesty I think it's only a matter of time before TNA is history.

Dave Youell
04-20-2005, 03:21 AM
If Kid Kash was employed by the WWE, Vince's secret police would've shot him midway through this tirade.
What? Who told you about the police?

*shoots you*

:shifty:

DaveWadding
04-20-2005, 04:09 AM
:wave: Bye Kash!

Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out!

The Mackem
04-20-2005, 07:04 AM
He wanted it and he got it, he played them quite well. He can turn out fot the ECW PPV thing now can't he?

Loose Cannon
04-21-2005, 02:45 PM
haha, TNA fired there most legitimate heel. Nice job guys :y:

Asshole or not, he was the only guy actually drawing good heat. Well Daniels too.

Loose Cannon
04-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Kid Kash is EXACTLY the guy the Cruiserweight Division. Strong heel, who can wrestle and work the mic.

6to1
04-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Kid Kash is EXACTLY the guy the Cruiserweight Division. Strong heel, who can wrestle and work the mic.
yea lets see if vince will know what to do with him, i hope he keeps his name though.

Loose Cannon
04-21-2005, 05:19 PM
he's still a jackass though, so the WWE will probably pass him up.

The Mackem
04-21-2005, 05:34 PM
They seem to be hiring more and more jackasses and releasing the genuine people. There is hope for Kid Kash.

6to1
04-21-2005, 05:57 PM
wwe can pick him up cheep now that he was fired. good wrestler an good on the mic. he would be a good pick up but vince would put him on a short leash

KayfabeMan
04-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Interview aside, Kid Kash is a big douchebag, and is nothing more than an average worker who is full of himself. He is one of the most difficult people in the business, with an ego and attitude to match, and is extremely overrated as a performer as well.

YOUR Hero
04-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Why would the WWE want to take on a guy that shoots on the net like this? They wouldn't. Plain and simple. Kash, me thinks, is too stupid to realize he's burned his TNA and most likely WWE bridges.

*Please note, we are tlaking pro wrestling, where anything is possible.

6to1
04-22-2005, 03:50 PM
vince would do with him what he did with jbl after he got in trouble use it to make money. he did not shoot on the wwe, vince loved wrestlers bust on the old wcw. now his contract would have it real easy to get fired if he mouths off on wwe.

Gertner
04-22-2005, 05:16 PM
i like Kash