PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers Democrats/Republicans?

BloodRiotZero
04-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Looking through the "Ric Flair meets George W. Bush" thread got me interested in wrestlers and their party affiliations (or at least political ideologies). So as far as I know for sure:

Conservatives - Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, JBL, Val Venis, The King (I remember him making some favorable Bush comments in 2000)

Liberals - Mick Foley

Moderate - The Rock (he said in an interview he's a social liberal but conservative when it comes to homeland security)

In the aforementioned thread, other conservatives/Republicans listed are the McMahons (hardly surprising), HBK, Austin, Triple H, & The Undertaker (where did you find those out btw?).

So who else in the business are Democrats/liberals and conservative/Republicans???

PureHatred
04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Rob Van Dam smokes weed, so he probably belongs to whatever party the rest of those tree-hugging, save the whale, love thy neighbor hippies belong to.

PureHatred
04-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Pat Patterson is a Democrat because he approves of gay marriage. :shifty:

BloodRiotZero
04-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Rrright... 'cause conservatives have never done drugs...

PullMyFinger
04-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Well most of the wrestlers can't really think in WWE and they're dumb...so they're going to vote Republican.

(LOL sorry cheapshot there, but don't worry I'm not a Dem either).

Nick Venom
04-19-2005, 05:35 PM
HBK was at the Republican National Convention so add him to the Republicans.

Austin and Taker are from Texas, so add them to the Republicans.

Champion of Europa
04-19-2005, 05:51 PM
HBK was at the Republican National Convention so add him to the Republicans.

Austin and Taker are from Texas, so add them to the Republicans.

I was born in Indiana, and that doesn't make me a Republican. You need stronger evidence.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Rob Van Dam smokes weed, so he probably belongs to whatever party the rest of those tree-hugging, save the whale, love thy neighbor hippies belong to.
In Vermont, there is a "Make Marijuana Legal" party.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Triple H is a Republican. He beleives in "trickle down" pushes.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Eddie--Liberal. Illegals tend to vote for the lenient ones.

roach21
04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
"I was born in Indiana, and that doesn't make me a Republican. You need stronger evidence. "

How bout the fact that he's now a pseudo christian evangelical. They usually go Republican. Are you guys sure the McMahons are Republicans? After all, it was the Republicans who tried to censor wrestling in the late 90's and use it as a scapegoat for all the youth violence. Also, I remember WWE being at the DNC but not the RNC.

DaveWadding
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
After all, it was the Republicans who tried to censor wrestling in the late 90's and use it as a scapegoat for all the youth violence.
Was it? because one of the main PTC guys is Joseph Lieberman, who is a New England democrat.

PullMyFinger
04-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Jericho looks like a Democrat for some reason, idk why.

Shelton is a Dem cuz he's black. LOL

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Was it? because one of the main PTC guys is Joseph Lieberman, who is a New England democrat.
And the person fighting hardest for censorship in the 90s was Tipper Gore. She tied in there too.

Savio
04-19-2005, 07:03 PM
PMF blacks hate gay marrige.

roach21
04-19-2005, 07:08 PM
True for Tipper, but I mainly remember Elizabeth Dole and some Republican Congressmen from Florida slamming the WWF. It was right after that kid in Florida was sentenced to jail for killing his little sister with a DDT. He said he got it from watching wrestling. By the way savior, blacks may hate gay marriage, but they hate the Republicans more.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 08:16 PM
True for Tipper, but I mainly remember Elizabeth Dole and some Republican Congressmen from Florida slamming the WWF. It was right after that kid in Florida was sentenced to jail for killing his little sister with a DDT. He said he got it from watching wrestling. By the way savior, blacks may hate gay marriage, but they hate the Republicans more.
Yeah, so a couple of Republicans slammed wrestling after a singular incident, where as Tipper and the PTC took continuous stances against it.

Tipper even said she wanted a totally PG world. You think wrestling exists in that world?

roach21
04-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Tipper and her group went after rap really hard in the early 90's too. But wouldn't you say it's usually the Republicans who want to be our moral conscience and tell us what's right and wrong and what to watch and what not to watch? I just figured the McMahons were more liberal based on those parameters. MAybe I was wrong.

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 09:34 PM
The Republicans are for decency. The Democrats are for Political Correctness. Btoh = censorship.

PullMyFinger
04-19-2005, 09:38 PM
There should be two stables in WWE ..and they should be at war.

Republicans and Democrats.

BloodRiotZero
04-19-2005, 10:46 PM
WWE were at both conventions... Stacey and HBK were shown on TV for the RNC, but that doesn't necessarily make them Republicans. HBK being born-again could be one thing, but in that case would Vince Russo, Marty Jannetty, Nikita Koloff, Sting, and Ted DiBiasi also be Republicans?

Also, from reading Raven's commentaries you can tell he's very liberal (maybe not necessarily a Dem), and I believe he mentioned that Simon Diamond is a Republican (does that make Dawn Marie Republican too?)

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 10:53 PM
WWE were at both conventions... Stacey and HBK were shown on TV for the RNC, but that doesn't necessarily make them Republicans. HBK being born-again could be one thing, but in that case would Vince Russo, Marty Jannetty, Nikita Koloff, Sting, and Ted DiBiasi also be Republicans?

Also, from reading Raven's commentaries you can tell he's very liberal (maybe not necessarily a Dem), and I believe he mentioned that Simon Diamond is a Republican (does that make Dawn Marie Republican too?)
Born again (And other denomonations) tend towards Conservative, but that doesn't make any given wrestler who's BAC a conservative.

If I were to guess, I'd say most of them were though. That's a guess, based on a likelihood, so take it for what it's worth.

Which is ironic, because Christian values should be a fairly liberal thing. Jesus was against amassing perosnal wealth, anti-war, and very much a commie hippy.

loopydate
04-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah, it's really ironic that people use a pacifist's teachings as a reason to go to war.

Selective hearing, I guess.

I'm surprised no one has listed JR among the conservatives. He's not quite as blatant about it as Lawler, but come election time, it's fairly clear which way he leans.

Aussie Skier
04-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Jericho looks like a Democrat for some reason, idk why.

Shelton is a Dem cuz he's black. LOL

....isn't jericho candian?

PullMyFinger
04-19-2005, 10:59 PM
....isn't jericho candian?
...no...

Clearly WWE claims that he hails from the US... :shifty:

Kane Knight
04-19-2005, 11:03 PM
...no...

Clearly WWE claims that he hails from the US... :shifty:
Yeah, notice how a few times they say "born and raised" in Manhassamawhatsit?

Lara Emily
04-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah, notice how a few times they say "born and raised" in Manhassamawhatsit?
Which is weird cause yeah he was born in NY but he was actually raised in WInnipeg but meh whatever, they can do what they want.

BloodRiotZero
04-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah, it's really ironic that people use a pacifist's teachings as a reason to go to war.

Selective hearing, I guess.

I'm surprised no one has listed JR among the conservatives. He's not quite as blatant about it as Lawler, but come election time, it's fairly clear which way he leans.

What, he made some anti-Gore, anti-Kerry comments?

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Which is weird cause yeah he was born in NY but he was actually raised in WInnipeg but meh whatever, they can do what they want.
NO. REALLY?

YOU MEAN GAIL KIM AIN'T REALLY FROM KOREA?

CHRIS BENOIT AIN'T REALLY FROM GEORGIA?

THE UNDERTAKER WASN'T BORN IN DEATH VALLEY????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Londoner
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
My day has been crushed now ive found out that wrestlers don't live where the WWE said they do.

Kane Knight
04-21-2005, 01:04 PM
My day has been crushed now ive found out that wrestlers don't live where the WWE said they do.
My day has been crushed now that I've found out someone thought they needed to TELL us that,.