PDA

View Full Version : So This is how Dam Good Christian Is

Loose Cannon
04-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Ok, I'm going to make a case that Christian is the Best worker in the WWE right now.

Let's Go All the way Back to when Christian joined the Alliance. This is around the time he started to come into his own as a singles. While in the Alliance, Christian went nowhere and got lost in the shuffle. He jobbed countless times and never got a chance to shine. His feud with Edge pulled Christian down more and then his little feud with DDP also killed him.

Then he joins Lance Storm as the UnAmericans and starts to gain some steam, after countless times losing or made to look like a loser before. They get some good heat, especially when Christian is on the mic and win the Tag Titles. Then all of a sudden, they break up and Christian starts jobbing again.

Enter Jericho.

Once Again, w/ the other best worker, Chris Jericho, he gains huge steam and heat. Jericho and Christian work perfectly as partners and there segments tore the show up. They fed off each other perfectly on the mic and in the ring. It seemed like Christian might finally go places after this.

BUT once again, he starts to fall from grace after being beaten by Goldust and then destroyed by Goldberg in a cage. That really killed him. I remember seeing that and being like, jeez, how's this guy ever suppossed to look like a threat.

So he comes back and the IC Belt is put on him. Ok, that's good, but the IC belt was meant to look like utter crap around this time as Christian got shitty wins over guys to retain his Title. Booker T defeated him like 5 times, but somehow Xtian always retained. He then lost the Title to RVD later on and was jobbing again for a while. He was back with Jericho for a bit, but went nowhere as they were setting up a feud. This is where Christian started to play the Asshole character really really well. Crowd ate it up.

HUGE HEAT

So at Mania, Christian beats Y2J after Trish turned and now Christian is in the best position he's ever been in the WWE. Seriously, I thought he was going to be main eventing soon. He mic work stole show after show and he stuff with Trish was gold. Tomko joined his group also to give Christian a little entourage. BUT what the fuck? He gets injured again in a cage match with Jericho and is gone for like 4 months. Now if that Goldberg match didn't kill him before, this sure did. He was on fire and now everything he worked for was gone.

Another Comeback

He comes back again and immediately goes after Jericho. He wins the IC Title, but again the Title is made to look like crap. He gets rid of Trish. But then it looked as if Christian was going to get that big win against Shawn Michaels. He beats HBK in a tag match and it looked to set up a singles, where Xtian would get the victory. BUT WHAT HAPPENS? HBK gets injured, killing that feud. :nono: Once again Christian is back doing nothing. But the fans are STILL giving him heat.

He starts jobbing to Benjamin a lot and then teams up with Edge for one night, during Edge's big heel push. And son of a bitch, after the match, Edge Basically Destroys Christian, cuts his legs out from underneath him and buries him. I couldn't believe this at all. If they wanted to make the fans not give a shit about Christian anymore, they sure succeded. Well they would of, if Christian wasn't the Best Worker in the WWE.

Christian starts doing the Captain Charisma thing soon after and is jobbing a lot, but his mic work is so incredible that he could of jobbed 40 times in a row on Raw and still be over. He got lost in the shuffle a lot after Edge killed him and is Finally starting to come around ONCE AGAIN. His character is played as perfect as anybody can play a character and the crowd just eats it up. He owned Cena at the Rumble and got a few nice victories afterwards.

This past Monday, He stole the show and he got the loudest "Christian" chants I have ever heard him get. Even after ALL the times he's jobbed, even after all the times he's been made to look ridiculous, (i.e. stupid flash costume) even after guys destroying him, even after all the times he's had to climb back up again, The Guy is Still Over and is More Over then he's ever been.

Now that's How He Rolls and That's Why he's the Best Worker in the WWE. Get Him To Smackdown and Give him The World Title :y:

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Christian Sucks.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Kidding of course.

I agree that he's one of the best workers in the WWE. I don't know about the best, but you put forth a strong case.

Savio
04-20-2005, 11:02 AM
I thought Cena owned him at the rumble but I forget what happend.

Loose Cannon
04-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Well to 12 years old girls and mentally retarted kids, Cena might have owned Christian. So...

Nark Order
04-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Christian is LONG overdue for a monster push.

Savio
04-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Well to 12 years old girls and mentally retarted kids, Cena might have owned Christian. So...Wellllllll how about you post what happend and let the fine audience here at TPWW decide!

*huge pop*

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Well to 12 years old girls and mentally retarted kids, Cena might have owned Christian. So...
ISn't that the target audience?

Nark Order
04-20-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm a peep for life

Gouda
04-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Unfortunatley we're probably in for him getting his feet cut out from under him on Monday again.

Unless.... They have HHH interfere, finally getting the one up on Batista and knocking him out and puts Christian over him in retaliation.

Fignuts
04-20-2005, 12:04 PM
I've been a peep since before "peeps" were invented.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I've been a member of the Christian Coalition since before they were anything other than fundamentalists who attacked niggers and faggots.

PullMyFinger
04-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I want to see him get sent to Smackdown and start a lengthy feud for the WWE Title against John Cena (hahaha aka Marky Mark). It'll probably be the best mic feud WWE has dished out in a long time.

Christian though, by far, is my fav character on Raw and pretty much when his music hits I mark out.

Anybody Thrilla
04-20-2005, 12:28 PM
It'd be great for Christian to go to Smackdown, most likely. The only shitty thing is, if that happened, I'd have to start watching Smackdown.

Gouda
04-20-2005, 12:37 PM

I've been a Christian fan since about right when he debuted.

Fignuts
04-20-2005, 12:38 PM
It'd be great for Christian to go to Smackdown, most likely. The only shitty thing is, if that happened, I'd have to start watching Smackdown.

Smackdown has been great lately.

Innovator
04-20-2005, 12:42 PM
Christian is the man, bottom line

Anybody Thrilla
04-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Smackdown has been great lately.

Actually, you're kinda right.

Mayo
04-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Great post, LC. Making me see just how good Christian really is, even though I knew it before.

Dorkchop
04-20-2005, 01:04 PM
Christian is the best Period. Has that guy ever had a bad match? No. No one wants to see him in the mid card level anymore. He gets mad pops, cheers, and boos when facing a big name wrestler. That's where he belongs. Everyone knows it. He was due long ago for a main event push, but I'll forgive the WWE for keeping him in the mid card level.

Him and Mcmahon should be around each other a little more. Everytime they're great.

Watch old E and C matches. He made Edge look good.

Londoner
04-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Great post man, i really enjoyed those christian chants on monday. It was funny considering Vince was in the ring at that time, and the people shouted there voice at him. Sadly it does seem like hes gonna get killed off again unless they plan on hhh getting the match DQ'ued. I picture Christian moving to smackdown and beating Cena.

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
I've been a Christian fan since about right when he debuted.
I've been a Christian fan since he was born.

PureHatred
04-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Great post. I could see Trips costing Batista his match with Christian (thereby ensuring that Raw is still totally Hunter-centric), Christian spending the next few weeks bringing it up as much as possible, billing it as though he killed Batista in the ring, then bouncing to Smackdown and moving immediately into a program with Cena.

:y:

Gouda
04-20-2005, 02:00 PM
I've been a Christian fan since he was born.

I've been a fan of Christian since that one night behind the barn when his mother and father created him.

Also... Something I've noticed in the past few weeks:

Captain Charisma is the new Superman.

For a good period there seemed to always be a fan in a Superman shirt in the front row.

Now there is always a fan in a Captain Charisma shirt.

Corkscrewed
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I was totally marking out for Christian last Raw. :D

McLegend
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I never saw the WM match between Jericho and Christian but I have seem them wrestler each other in every other match they have had, and I must say they really do not put on a good match.

However Randy Orton vs Christian was a great match, and yes Christian is great.

Christian the next WWE champion maybe?

Kane Knight
04-20-2005, 02:48 PM
I never saw the WM match between Jericho and Christian but I have seem them wrestler each other in every other match they have had, and I must say they really do not put on a good match.
:wtf:

Are you on crack?

PullMyFinger
04-20-2005, 02:49 PM
hahahahaha does anyone remember that time when Christian battled with Booker T in a dancing competition?

LOL Booker did his spinarooni, and afterward Christian came on and said, "it sounds like these people ordered a pizza with a little extra PEEPeroonie!" Then he tried to do the spinarooni but couldn't do it so he just stayed there and posed to look slick hahahahahahahhaa

Christian is the funniest thing in the ring...everytime he comes on I crack up.

McLegend
04-20-2005, 02:49 PM
:wtf:

Are you on crack?

Honestly every match that I have seen Y2J and christan on RAW has really disappointed me. Honestly

Jaded-Dragon
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM
I never liked E & C back in 2000, looking back, it was mostly because of Edge. Even after the split, I still wasn't much of a fan, and his feud with DDP was just ridiculous. I started noticing how good of a heel he was shortly after that though. This guy always has heat.

I too thought that he was surely getting his main event push after his WM bout with Jericho, but shit happens. I think Christian is at the point that RVD has also been at in the past, where ignoring how over he is would just be bad for business. They continued to ignore RVD's presence, let's hope the same thing doesn't happen to Christian.

Amaroqwolf
04-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Christian is one of the few heels I can truly get behind as a character in General. He's got great Mic-skills, great Wrestling Ability, I agree that Christian made Edge look good, in the ring Edge and Christians skills are on two different Levels, Christian being higher up.

But, read Edge's contract for why he agreed to jump to Raw, He gets a title shot and a possible Title run. They won't gurentee anyone a title run as long as HHH is running the show. So, seeing Christian with a title beyond the IC or US or Cena's title will probably never happen, so send Christian to Smackdown and Job Marky mark to him.

Go Christian!

John la Rock
04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Christian is so good.

MVP of Raw this past week. should be HUGGGE. I can see him as the next HBK

SammyG
04-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I hope someone else does the chest slaps whenever christian's music helps, i cant help it...

UmbrellaCorporation
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Yep.

That was an incredibly well thought out and accurate post.

It's one thing to enjoy Christian on the microphone and in the ring, but it's a completely different thing to see how he's bounded back after every attempt to bury him/make someone else look better.

I'm with LC on this. I'd like to see Christian get the World Title on Smackdown. Cena might do good ringwork, but I hate rap, and thusly, hate his gimmick.

But I'm glad to see that there are so many peeps in this forum. :D

John la Rock
04-20-2005, 04:08 PM
can't wait for John Cena vs Christian feud.

I think Christian is destined for Smackdown and the WWE title

Jorgha
04-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Speeking of Christian, can someone tell me when he debuted? Was it right before Edge left the Ministry of Darkness or right before? I don't recall Christian ever being in the Ministry but I could be wrong on that.

The WWE has never done enough with Christian.
He plays his character so well. He has great potential but has never been given the oppertunity to use his talent to it's full potential.

NoRoolz
04-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Every week on Raw just look how many fans are holding up 'I'm a peep' or five people with 'P' 'E' 'E' 'P' 'S' or 'Captain Charisma' and 'Christian Rules'. I mean wake the fuck up Vince, even if you hate the internet, surely your hearing aid can pick up the CHRISTIAN chants, and your eyes can see the signs.

Good post btw :y:

NoRoolz
04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Speeking of Christian, can someone tell me when he debuted? Was it right before Edge left the Ministry of Darkness or right before? I don't recall Christian ever being in the Ministry but I could be wrong on that.

The WWE has never done enough with Christian.
He plays his character so well. He has great potential but has never been given the oppertunity to use his talent to it's full potential.

He was around in late 1998 as a member of Gangrel's brood. But when or how he debuted I don't know.

blake639raw
04-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Christian vs. Cena would be gold. If I could choose only 1 guy to send to SmackDown and get a huge push, it would definately be the Captain.

Loose Cannon
04-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Christian debuted in 1998 during an Edge match. Edge was feuding with Gangel at the time and all of a sudden Christian (nobody knew who he was) just appeared on the ramp and stared at Edge. Not sure if Gangrel was standing beside him. I think he might of been alone and joined with Gangrel like a week later. Then it was made known that he was the brother of Edge.

LK
04-20-2005, 05:08 PM
For all my peeps,
And to all the fools,
Say it loud,
Christian Rules!

Christian = Greatness. Give him the WWE title

Splaya
04-20-2005, 05:23 PM
I gotta admit every time Xtian comes out, I find myself smacking my chest and pointing to an imaginary crowd :shifty:

Truth Commission
04-20-2005, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't say that Christian is the best WRESTLER in the WWE, but I think he might be the best sports-entertainer right now.

Christian may be the most well-rounded in terms of wrestling, charisma, overness, and potential.

Did anyone else notice the crowd 'buzz' when the subject of Christian main-eventing came up?

I wouldn't mind seeing Christian turn face. I have a feeling that Christian could become huge as a face.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Then it was made known that he was the brother of Edge.

You're not supposed to remember that! :shifty:

Seriously though, have they ever mentioned Edge and Christian being brothers anymore? It's very similar to how everyone is supposed to forget that Kane and Undertaker are brothers, along with the countless other storylines that have been abandoned.

jerichoholic169
04-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Edge and Christian just get mentioned as former tag team partners now. Guess Christian is on Edge's list of former partners.............

Anyway Christian is the man and hopefully WWE won't drop the ball with him this time. He's by far the most entertaining thing on RAW at the moment (even Tomko is funny now), though Jericho serenading Shelton was pretty damn funny. Just push him and don't look back!!

Jonster
04-20-2005, 06:53 PM
I think they mentioned them being brothers recently.

Jacko
04-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I remember the days Christian was given grief for his lack of mic skills. He's come a long way.

Gouda
04-20-2005, 07:28 PM
It's very similar to how everyone is supposed to forget that Kane and Undertaker are brothers, along with the countless other storylines that have been abandoned.

What? They mention Kane and Taker are brothers all the time.

They've mentioned it with Edge and Christian too. Just not as much.

YOUR Hero
04-20-2005, 07:51 PM
I remember the days Christian was given grief for his lack of mic skills. He's come a long way.I wouldn't say he was given grief, it was just that Edge was so much better on the mic at the time. Say what you will, Edge is also very good on the mic. Christian has eclipsed him as far as I'm concerned, but Edge is no slouch either.

LOL, I just thought of the tear down on XPac edge performed one night. "You know why people think you suck XPac? It's called character development"

Hired Hitman
04-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Christian is good, I like Christian, he looks funny with long hair now that I have seen him with short hair.

BigDaddyCool
04-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Chrsitian rules.

redoneja
04-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Christian is probably my favorite wrestler in WWE now(even beating out my man Kurt Angle) but I believe that Christian needs that one match to really stamp his name in the main event. This could come before or after the draft(assuming he goes to Smackdown). I think Christian needs a clean win over someone established to really make his mark. If it occurs before the draft, I would let him defeat a post-Last Man Standing(and therefore injured) Chris Beniot or Shawn Michaels. If it occurs after the draft, I'd put him over Mysterio or Guerrero, before he challenges Cena. I think Xtian needs to have a solid 15 to 20 match with one of these guys right before or after the draft, so he doesn't get lost in the shuffle or major wrestlers switching brands.

Jaded-Dragon
04-20-2005, 10:41 PM
I can't remember, I know Christian won a title in his first televised WWE match, which one though? I almost want to say he was the first person to beat Taka Michinoku.

Jaded-Dragon
04-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh, and The Brood did join the ministry at one point. They were quickly overshadowed by the other stars in the group though. Rock, Undertaker, Ken Shamrock was getting an IC push, etc.

redoneja
04-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Christian won the WWF Lightheavyweight Championship with an inside cradle vs Taka at the October 1998 In Your House

Londoner
04-21-2005, 01:28 PM
^wasnt that his debut?

Londoner
04-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Bumpin this thread, someone confirm what i asked please!

Lamuella
04-21-2005, 05:37 PM
christian's strength is that you can put him in the crappiest angle, in the worst spot on the card, and he will still work his balls off and get results.

The problem he has is that WWE KNOWS he will work his balls off wherever he is so they don't feel the need to give him good angles to motivate him

Kane Knight
04-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Christian's strength is that he can walk on water.

Londoner
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Thank you bastards for ignoring my question damnit, will rep whoever answers!

Lamuella
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
What? They mention Kane and Taker are brothers all the time.

They've mentioned it with Edge and Christian too. Just not as much.

They also never mention that Matt and Jeff are supposed to be brothers http://img17.paintedover.com/uploads/17/emotv.gif (http://paintedover.com/uploads/show.php?loc=17&f=emotv.gif)

Gone Mad
04-21-2005, 05:53 PM
*** PEEPS UNITE! IT'S A CAPT. CHARISMA APPRECIATION THREAD! ***

Christian has become my top favorite over the years, from his time with his whinning and crying on the mat every match, to DDP teaching him to be positive, to now. He totally reeks of awesomeness. **pats chest**

And Thuglife, I do believe that was his first match. It was mentioned somewhere that he won a title on his first night, which I am sure it was the Light-Heavyweight title.

Gouda
04-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Gail Kim won a title in HER first match and look where it got her. Look!

Lamuella
04-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Didn't Hogan win a title in his first WWF match? Or have I gone insane?

UmbrellaCorporation
04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Gail Kim won a title in HER first match and look where it got her. Look!

LOL.

YOUR Hero
04-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Christian debuted in the WWE against/with a Edge program. (The whole Gangel 'Brood' thing) I don't think he won the lightweight championship for awhile.

On a side note, he only had it for a short time, he wanted to move away from that title ASAP.

MVP
04-21-2005, 11:32 PM
I've gotta say that Christian can easily hold his own feuding with Cena. It'd make one of the best long-running feuds in a long time.

Gone Mad
04-21-2005, 11:32 PM
I wanted to find out myself about the title win so I got this from the Obsessed with Wrestling site:

October 18, 1998 - Judgment Day: Christian defeated Taka Michinaku to win the Light-Heavyweight title in his 1st WWF match!

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/e/edgeNchristian.html

Kane Knight
04-22-2005, 01:57 AM
I've gotta say that Christian can easily hold his own feuding with Cena. It'd make one of the best long-running feuds in a long time.
No doubt. Christian's got the goods, and I'd rather see him stay as a heel and work up a decent fued with Marky Mark.

Londoner
04-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks gonmad, i thought that was correct, rep for you!

Innovator
04-22-2005, 12:25 PM
No doubt. Christian's got the goods, and I'd rather see him stay as a heel and work up a decent fued with Marky Mark.So many Vanilla Ice/Marky Mark jokes Christian can make

Lamuella
04-22-2005, 02:30 PM
So many Vanilla Ice/Marky Mark jokes Christian can make

if a tag team match gets made, he can say to Cena and his partner "So are you guys called The Funky Bunch?"

The One
04-22-2005, 02:55 PM
Christian + Jericho = The only good thing on RAW
Commercials = The only good thing on SmackDown

Christian is gold...WWE is crap...Wrestling is crap...YEA FOR CHRISTIAN! (And Jericho)

Gouda
04-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I bring to your attention a comparison.

Randy Orton:
- Given lots of big wins.
- Given a long decent title reign as IC champ.
- Given plenty of microphone time
- Got over from allof this and got big time cheering as a heel.

Christian:
- Given practically no big wins.
- Hasn't had a long and decent title reign in a long time.
- Lately (excluding the past two weeks) he hasn't even gotten very much microphone time.
- However... he is freaking over. The cheers he's getting.... and he doesn't even need to be shoved into our face like Randy Orton was.

So in conclusion... Captain Charisma > Legend Killer.

Kane Knight
04-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Christian was on fire last night. Good deal.

The CyNick
04-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Christian's really great, Angle is better.

Aussie Skier
04-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Christian debuted in 1998 during an Edge match. Edge was feuding with Gangel at the time and all of a sudden Christian (nobody knew who he was) just appeared on the ramp and stared at Edge. Not sure if Gangrel was standing beside him. I think he might of been alone and joined with Gangrel like a week later. Then it was made known that he was the brother of Edge.

CHRISTIAN'S FIRST MATCH WAS AGAINST BRIAN CHRISTOPHER I BELIEVE, WHEN HE WON THE LIGHTWEIGHT TITLE RIGHT?

sorry bout the caps

redoneja
04-26-2005, 08:36 PM
Aussie, read post 68

Fox
04-27-2005, 12:13 AM
I love that Christian was getting more cheers than Batista in the UK. Unfortunately, with the WWE's ignorance, they will probably take this as simply a "backwards crowd in a backwards country" and fail to realize the potential they have on their hands.

Christian is the man. Christian is World Heavyweight Champion material. But chances are, he'll never go past Intercontinental Title/US Title achievement (much like Booker T, Mr. Perfect, and RVD before him). Edge will be the one of the two to get the major main event push.

I wish this weren't true, but I'm afraid that's the way the WWE thinks and operates.

If he did win the WWE or World Heavyweight Title, would he be the first former Light heavyweight/Cruiserweight Champion to become World Champion?

Gouda
04-27-2005, 12:30 AM
If he did win the WWE or World Heavyweight Title, would he be the first former Light heavyweight/Cruiserweight Champion to become World Champion?

Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero were cruserweight champs in WCW.

Fox
04-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Touche'. But like the WWE gives a crap about WCW title lineage.

Would Christian be the first WWE Superstar to previously hold the Lightheavyweight or Cruiserweight Title in WWE to win a World Title?