PDA

View Full Version : The White Sox

BCWWF
04-24-2005, 03:43 PM
WTF, I am kind of worried. This isn't the White Sox teams of the past, where they have shitty power hitters like Carl Everett leading their lineup, this is a real Twins style lineup, and Freddy Garcia, Mark Buehlre, and Jose Contreras make up one helluva 1-2-3.

I'm just confident that they will end up getting Roberto Alomar, Matt Lawton, and Cliff Floyd though.

Loose Cannon
04-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Joe Garland is there best pichter right now. He's putting up career year type numbers.

RoXer
04-24-2005, 05:26 PM
With all these threads, I'm not going to make my A's thread this yaer. :( Don't wanna clog up thr forum.

They probly won't do too well anyway. They'll do okay, but not own-thread-worthy.

Nervous Ferret
04-24-2005, 05:28 PM
we get the point R0Xer

Jesus Shuttlesworth
04-24-2005, 05:40 PM
Real Twins style line up lol

BCWWF
04-24-2005, 06:56 PM
But its true, they are playing "Small ball" now, and thats what the Twins have been doing.

They have been trying to play the same type of game that the Yankee's and Red Sox play, but they just didn't have the players. They were just underachieving power hitters. Now they give up Magglio, Lee, Alomar, and the Big Hurt hasn't played yet, this is a new type of lineup, and the same type that the Twins have been using.

Also, R0xer, I made a post about how the only team threads that should be made should be Boston, New York, Minnesota, and a few others, because there weren't enough people to support threads like "Nationals" or "Carolina Hurricanes", but when everybody flamed me and started making every other team in the world, I decided that it was a failed effort.

Ruien
04-24-2005, 09:47 PM
WTF, I am kind of worried. This isn't the White Sox teams of the past, where they have shitty power hitters like Carl Everett leading their lineup, this is a real Twins style lineup, and Freddy Garcia, Mark Buehlre, and Jose Contreras make up one helluva 1-2-3.

I'm just confident that they will end up getting Roberto Alomar, Matt Lawton, and Cliff Floyd though.

Ya, because Maggs, Lee, Frank, and Paulie are all shitty players to.... right... please do not speak again.

DaveWadding
04-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Ya, because Maggs, Lee, Frank, and Paulie are all shitty players to.... right... please do not speak again.
So tell me how Maggs and Frank are doing this year? OH YEAH BOTH INJURED.

and where Lee? Oh MILWAUKEE...right!

Ruien
04-24-2005, 09:54 PM
So tell me how Maggs and Frank are doing this year? OH YEAH BOTH INJURED.

and where Lee? Oh MILWAUKEE...right!

He said in the years past. Ya, Magg and Lee are not in the line up. Just saying what our order was like last year.

DaveWadding
04-24-2005, 10:00 PM
and Ordonez and Thomas were still injured...so what's your point?

YOUR Hero
04-24-2005, 10:29 PM
It's always about pitching people.

MVP
04-24-2005, 10:35 PM
They're playing in a shitty division. We'll see what happens when they play all the other teams.

DaveWadding
04-24-2005, 10:38 PM
It's always about pitching people.
Yeah, like remember that one time the D'Backs won the World Series when they had Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling??

...me neither :'(

BCWWF
04-24-2005, 11:20 PM
If you knew anything about baseball you would know that they are doing good because they have a balanced lineup instead of power hitters, but I guess I've lost my right to speak to somebody who doesn't know the difference between "to" and "too"

Ruien
04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
If you knew anything about baseball you would know that they are doing good because they have a balanced lineup instead of power hitters, but I guess I've lost my right to speak to somebody who doesn't know the difference between "to" and "too"

Then please, correct your first post.

BCWWF
04-25-2005, 05:46 PM
No I stand by my post. Power hitters are for the most part shitty. There are some that are great, but if you aren't great you are just a burden to your team. Sure, you get 30 home runs, but you strike out most of the time.

That being said, neither Magglio or Carlos Lee are shitty players, but when you put them in the lineup they have been in, they are shitty. You like up all-or-nothing guys and it doesn't add up unless they are really good.

You can have one or two of these average/above average power hitters and be good, but when you line them all up you won't be successful. If you need proof just go look at the Sox record for the past few years.