PDA

View Full Version : NWA Title situation *contains Lockdown spoilers*

Innovator
04-25-2005, 12:10 AM
For the next ppv, it will be Jeff "Poor Man's HHH" Jarrett vs. AJ Styles.

In my opinion, there is no way in hell TNA can stay in business with Jarrett walking out of the next ppv with the title. AJ Styles is TNA and should hold the title.

With Jarrett out of the title picture, what does everyone think of an AJ Styles/Fallen Angel Title feud.

Londoner
04-25-2005, 12:13 AM
JJ still holds the fucking title? What the fuck...

Mr. Nerfect
04-25-2005, 01:22 AM
I hope they do some kind of three-way Ladder Match or something at the next PPV. Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles vs. Abyss (who uses the title shot he won in another match a while back). Have AJ Styles pick up the win when someone like Monty Brown, Lance Hoyt or Apolo distracts Abyss. Then at the next PPV, have NWA World Heavyweight Champion vs. NWA X-Division Champion solely for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship while Abyss faces the guy who distracted him at the last PPV, and Jeff Jarrett faces another monster like Monty Brown, Lance Hoyt or Apolo.

PullMyFinger
04-25-2005, 01:26 AM
AJ Styles!!!!!

PureHatred
04-25-2005, 01:49 AM
Daniels/Styles would be money. They're the best workers in the company and Daniels could carry the fued promo-wise.

But as I said in another thread, it just seems like TNA management isn't wiling to give Daniels a huge push while he's still such a prominent part of other feds like RoH and PWG.

Corkscrewed
04-25-2005, 02:15 AM
So... how long has he held the title? Has it been a continuous year yet?

Corkscrewed
04-25-2005, 02:16 AM
Jeff Jarret: Poor Man's <s>HHH</s> JBL

RemyRed
04-25-2005, 07:20 AM
I don't think he'll drop the title till June (which will mark his year long carrying of the the title.).

Shaggy
04-25-2005, 11:12 AM
im betting he drops it to Styles....when you think about it for TNA that would be the perfect person for him to drop the belt to right now.

Londoner
04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
im betting he drops it to Styles....when you think about it for TNA that would be the perfect person for him to drop the belt to right now.

Totally agree. Otherwise, they'll go out of business. They are running it completely the wrong way, they arent in a position to keep a champ like JJ holding the belt for so long, yet they seem to think they're bigger than they actually are.

Mr. JL
04-25-2005, 01:02 PM
NWA World Heavyweight Championship
AJ Styles V. Jeff Hardy

Their first match was pretty good and Jeff Hardy actually looked interested in the match. Another match given 30 minutes and no outside interference could be a strong main event.

SammyG
04-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Styles should win the title next pay per view, jarrett's title run is becoming boring

James Steele
04-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Styles should win the title next pay per view, jarrett's title run <s>is becoming</s> has been boring since 2002.

:yes:

wrestlingking
04-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Styles need the belt he is the image of a champion that TNA needs. Someone who can be in the main event spot and have solid entertaining matches. Since he could work with the Monty Brown, the outlaw, daniles, petey williams, abyss, just much more variety with Styles then Jarrett.

Londoner
04-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Styles should win the title next pay per view, jarrett's title run is becoming boring

...Becoming?

Mr. Nerfect
04-26-2005, 07:26 AM
TNA's next PPV is "Hard Justice" right? TNA may be thinking of creating a theme for this PPV, like they did with Lockdown. Why not some kind of "if anyone interferes, they're fired and a disqualification or countout loss to a Champion means they lose the title" stipulation?

Add a Special Guest Referee to the main event to make it seem special, and you can create an epic end to Jeff Jarrett's title reign, with him finally having to face the music.

With Monty Brown, Raven, Jeff Hardy, Lance Hoyt, Abyss (already with a title shot) and Apollo all made to look like threats, and the possible inclusion of Test soon, you have a prety decent set of contenders lined up.

Dave Youell
04-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Daniels/Styles would be money. They're the best workers in the company and Daniels could carry the fued promo-wise.

But as I said in another thread, it just seems like TNA management isn't wiling to give Daniels a huge push while he's still such a prominent part of other feds like RoH and PWG.
He's only just started working for ROH with the past few months and Daniels is currently getting the biggest push of his tenure in TNA right now. Which is the only positive thing that Rhodes has done as booker.

I reckon AJ should have the title now, he deserves it and is far more marketable than Jarrett now, only because Jarrett was champ for the recognition of someone who used to be on TV to draw in fans, they can't draw with Jarrett anymore now, time for a change and AJ is the best man for it.

As for future feuds, doubt that they will go down the Daneils route only becuase they just finished the feud last month over the X title

Kane Knight
04-26-2005, 10:03 AM
TNA's next PPV is "Hard Justice" right? TNA may be thinking of creating a theme for this PPV, like they did with Lockdown. Why not some kind of "if anyone interferes, they're fired and a disqualification or countout loss to a Champion means they lose the title" stipulation?

Add a Special Guest Referee to the main event to make it seem special, and you can create an epic end to Jeff Jarrett's title reign, with him finally having to face the music.

With Monty Brown, Raven, Jeff Hardy, Lance Hoyt, Abyss (already with a title shot) and Apollo all made to look like threats, and the possible inclusion of Test soon, you have a prety decent set of contenders lined up.
Hard Justice will be all special Referee streetfights.

Mr. JL
04-26-2005, 10:08 AM
...and if you lose you have to spend the night in prison

Kane Knight
04-26-2005, 10:10 AM
...and if you lose you have to spend the night in Dusty's house getting prison sex

MVP
04-27-2005, 05:58 PM
IF TNA were to put the title on AJ and keep Jarrett out of the title picture, but still in the main event/upper midcard, and utilized all the proper talent (I don't think I need to mention whom), then MAYBE their fanbase will return. Otherwise they're fucked and are a lost cause. Thank you Dusty.