PDA

View Full Version : How to go about booking a WCW One Night Stand... Good or bad idea?

Somebody's Gotta Die
04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
I think that with the ECW One Night Stand coming up, a WCW One Night Stand would also be a great idea... The ECW show has the potential of going down as a classic and I think a WCW PPV has equal potential...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

WCW One Night Stand
Announcers: Jim Ross & Bobby Heenen

Main Event - WCW Legends Match
Sting vs. Ric Flair

- Match speaks for itself... Both guys represent WCW/NWA and this main event would get a huge reaction from the crowd... Sting is the guy to put over... I think Sting would agree to showing if it was for a WCW-style show...

Special War Games Cage Tag-Team Main Event
nWo (Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & X-Pac) vs. Steiner Brothers, Diamond Dallas Page & Big Show

- All the guys in this match would get a great reaction out of the crowd... I'd put the nWo over... This match could easily be disaster but WCW marks would still mark out at seeing the nWo back together WCW-style against the Steiners, DDP and Show... Seeing War Games again is a mark out moment in itself...

Goldberg Squash Match
Goldberg vs. Luther "Horshu" Reigns

- You know he's only showing if he gets to squash somebody so this seems like a good way to go about getting him to appear... He can squash "Horshu"... This is just for the benefit of getting a huge reaction out of the crowd...

Special Challenge Match
Booker T vs. Chris Benoit

- Those that remember the "Best of 7" series remember that these guys could put on a clinic... Give them plenty of time... Put Booker over, preferably... This show can give some of the buried WCW guys like Booker and Show some heat with solid appearances...

Special Challenge Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho

- Should be an awesome match... I'd definitely put Jericho over... Enough said... I remember plenty of awesome matches between these two in WCW...

Cruiserweight Challenge - Elimination
Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman vs. Psicosis vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. Ultimo Dragon

- The list of cruiserweight talent here is huge and the match could definitely be a classic... Rey should win though, in my opinion...

Tag-Team Cruiserweight Challenge
Shane "Hurricane" Helms & Shannon Moore vs. Akio & Jamie Noble

- Representing the dying days of WCW and their cruiserweight tag-team division... This is 3 Count vs. Jung Dragons... The match could be pretty good... I would open the show with this one and let them fly...

WCW-Style Hardcore Rules Match
Fit Finlay vs. Bill Demott

- WCW-style hardcore match... Put either one over... Seems like a decent match to have on the card...

Divas Gimmick Match
Torrie Wilson vs. Stacy Kiebler

- Divas match on the card is pretty standard... Give it a gimmick stipulation... Both girls will get nice pops...

HEAT

Grudge Match
William Regal vs. Mark Jindrak

- Yep, seems pretty standard to me... Put either guy over... Could be a good way to start the show on HEAT...

Having Austin, Cactus Jack and Roddy Piper appear on the show in non-wrestling roles could be very good... An appearance from Randy Savage could also be good... Something with Jack, Austin and Piper could get a huge reaction out of the crowd in a segment or whatever it would be... Obviously, none of them are fit to put on singles matches that will be classics but segment-wise, they could all contribute a lot to a show that already seems pretty stacked to me...

For my show to work, WWE would have to hire the following to one-time appearances:

Sting - should be tough since the man has never worked for WWE

Goldberg - should be tough unless the money is right

Hulk Hogan - shouldn't be a problem

Nash, Hall, Waltman - I know WWE would prefere not to, but the nWo is such an important part of WCW's history

DDP - seems unlikely unless the money is right

Steiner Bros - seems unlikely unless the money is right

Jamie Noble - I don't know why he was released to begin with :-\

Juventud Guerrera, Psicosis, Ultimo Dragon - would be awesome as permanent members of the SD! cruiserweight team

Well, that's my WCW One Night Stand...

PullMyFinger
04-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Won't happen. Simple as that.

1. money
2. some wrestlers hate WWE....pretty much Sting and most likely Goldberg
3. vince's ego
4. age

and plenty plenty more

Mr. JL
04-25-2005, 01:05 PM
NO!

PureHatred
04-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Vince has a soft spot for ECW. Like the loser cousin that he has to explain when company comes over.

Vince HATES the WCW and did everytihng he could to piss on its legacy and history. It won't happen.

Somebody's Gotta Die
04-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Vince has a soft spot for ECW. Like the loser cousin that he has to explain when company comes over.

Vince HATES the WCW and did everytihng he could to piss on its legacy and history. It won't happen.

I pretty much agree... However, I'm simply saying that a WCW-style show somewhere down the road might be a good idea for a lot of fans like myself that enjoyed both the WCW and ECW eras... I see very little possibility of something like this actually happening due to what Vince has done with a lot of WCW stars, however guys like Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero and Big Show have got big pushes and title reigns at points in their WWE stint, so you can't really say Vince has gone out of his way to bury WCW stars, maybe just the legacy of the company... Guys like Booker T, Jindrak, most of the cruisers (most have been released) and plenty more that have been misused or released have suffered from a lack of a push... DDP didn't last long, Kronik, Palumbo, Stamboli, they're all gone... But none were really spectacular, although I think more could have been donew ith Jindrak, Stamboli and DDP, however it's just due to repetitive, pointless booking... This could be a good way to get guys like Booker T, Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho and Big Show over again, as well as plenty of others... :-\ It won't happen...

Xero
04-25-2005, 01:46 PM
I see very little possibility of something like this actually happening due to what Vince has done with a lot of WCW stars, however guys like Jericho, Benoit, Guerrero and Big Show have got big pushes and title reigns at points in their WWE stint, so you can't really say Vince has gone out of his way to bury WCW stars, maybe just the legacy of the company... Guys like Booker T, Jindrak, most of the cruisers (most have been released) and plenty more that have been misused or released have suffered from a lack of a push...
The difference between the likes of Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, etc and Booker T, Jindrak, etc, is that EVERY wrestler, bar the Divas, who's contract was bought out by the WWE, have either been released or shit on.

I honestly cannot name one wrestler who's contract was bought out that the WWE really utilized after the Alliance era, besides MAYBE Booker T, but that's debatable.

Shaggy
04-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I think the ECW ppv is a way to show that eventually they might bring ECW back in a way.

Wont ever happen with WCW just for the fact that it could never be the same...

PorkSoda
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
If they're gonna have a WCW One Night Stand then you got to have matches and segments with tons of screwups in them. Read the Death of WCW and you'll find out.

Like in the main event for the WCW One Night Stand, have a first blood match with, lets say, Flair and Hogan, and have Flair get cut open, but the match continues, then have Flair whack Hogan with a lead pipe and bust Hogan open, then have a run in from the NWO, and have Flair knock Hogan again in the head with the same lead pipe he did earlier and get DQ'ed. WCW was like that :wave:

Disturbed316
04-25-2005, 03:17 PM
How can you put Mark Jindrak on the card, yet leave Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire off it?

Somebody's Gotta Die
04-25-2005, 03:49 PM
The difference between the likes of Jericho, Benoit, Eddie, etc and Booker T, Jindrak, etc, is that EVERY wrestler, bar the Divas, who's contract was bought out by the WWE, have either been released or shit on.

I honestly cannot name one wrestler who's contract was bought out that the WWE really utilized after the Alliance era, besides MAYBE Booker T, but that's debatable.

Well, a large part of the talent roster was accountable for driving the company out of business... More could have been done with guys like O'Haire, DDP, Jindrak, etc. They can't give all their built young standouts a generic moveset and gimmick and expect them to go somewhere jobbing on Velocity... The creative team needs to incorporate more ideas and feuds, even if they are Velocity/Heat-exclusive feuds...

Somebody's Gotta Die
04-25-2005, 03:53 PM
How can you put Mark Jindrak on the card, yet leave Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire off it?

Palumbo was a decent midcard jobber and very limited in talent... O'Haire had more to offer, both in the ring and on the mic... Jindrak is definitely better than Palumbo since he has a better look and can probably get over better on the mic... Chuck & Billy was good, in my opinion... But after that short run, there's not much that's going to be left for a guy like Palumbo...

Lamuella
04-25-2005, 03:56 PM
terrible idea.

ECW as a brand still has some street cred.

All of WCW's memorable players are either

1) retired
2) old and crappy
3) working for TNA
4) shells of their former selves after years being jobbed out by WWE

Rammsteinmad
04-25-2005, 04:27 PM
And WWE would probably try and piss on WCW by giving us Lex Luger VS Hulk Hogan as the main event or something.

Ruien
04-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Plus, most the people on that card, the WWE use right now. We can see them anytime.

Nick Venom
04-25-2005, 05:36 PM
They could add a match like this to the card:

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/catchascatchcan.html

Somebody's Gotta Die
04-26-2005, 08:38 PM
terrible idea.

ECW as a brand still has some street cred.

All of WCW's memorable players are either

1) retired
2) old and crappy
3) working for TNA
4) shells of their former selves after years being jobbed out by WWE

:-\ It would be all right if the company still had credibility but at this point that can't even be said...

redoneja
04-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Don't do a WCW PPV just incorporate two WCW Matches in WWE:
War Games
Triple Tiered Cage

Hell, I liked the Lethal Lottery Challenge that was at Slamboree one year.(The heels in one lockeroom, faces in the other. One name randomly picked from each to be in a team. 8 teams total. Winning team faces each other that night to determine *insert vacated title* champion)

Savio
04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
The Blue handle wrench!