PDA

View Full Version : My 100 Favorite Songs of All Time: 60-51

Lotus
04-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Just continuing the list, I know its a few days late:

60. Cool Breeze ft. Dungeon Family (Outkast, others)- Watch for the Hook (Summer 1999): Man, I love this song. The 30 second intro of girls screaming is pretty funny. and from there, the song progresses to greatness. When I got the CD that this was on, I had no idea this song was on there, though I had heard of it (I just didn't know what it was called). The guys on this song just flow to the beat so beautifully. It's one of those rare songs that can be a head-banger, but could also be a "chill" and relaxing song.

59. Larissa- I Do Both Jay and Jane (2000): I guess you could call this song the "Bisexual Anthem", with lyrics like "Sometimes I'm down for Jane, but sometimes I need a man". In addition to badass lyrics (though there aren't much lyrics to this song, they're still badass), it has a nice synthesizer, or whatever the fuck it is called, the melody of the song is well, the reason why this song is #59.

58. Robin S- Show Me Love (Not sure, could have been way back, but could have been 2001): The reason I got this song was because it sorta resmembled this one house song that I had been searching for for years. Though it wasn't the song (you'll see it later on the countdown), it is still a great song. Usually for me, the melody is what makes a house song good. However, in this song, it's the singing that makes it so good (the melody isn't too shabby either).

57. Red Hot Chili Peppers- Scar Tissue (2001, Spring): Very nice, calm, and cool song. It's one of the few songs that has a music video that fits the song perfectly. I love the melody, and the singing is nice. If I have one harp on this song, it's that the verses are way too short and it gets a little repetitive. But nevertheless, the verses are nice and I like what gets repeated, so I guess those factors cancel each other out. Or something like that.

56. Prodigy- Breathe (heard it a very long time ago, but remember hearing the whole song completely Fall 2001): Every so often in my mind, I would hum the tune of this song or at least thing about the tune before I even heard the complete song. I guess I heard it somewhere a long time ago and it stuck with me. I thought I heard it in a Super Mario game or something like that. Or maybe a song in Super Mario sounds like the opening part of the song. The music video is wee-bit weird, but the song is sick. Break the pressure, come play my game; I'll test ya! Psycho-somatic, something something something! Coooooooooooooooooooooooooome plaaaaaaaaaaaaaay myyyyyyyyyyy game. Inhale, inhale, you know the rest (or maybe you don't, because I'm not sure I do).

55. Spiller or Groovejet (I'm not sure which)- If This Ain't Love (Fall 2000): Silent was the one who made me download this song, and I am forever greatful for that deed. I had heard it on the radio plenty of times, and I loved it, but I didn't know what it was called. Insert Silent, and you get another house song that cracks Kevin's Top 100. Great melody in this song, and the voice is great. Just a total chill song. Either Spiller is the song title or the album title, or Groovejet is the song or album title. That's why I did the "or" thing up there. Thank you, Derek.

54. Mo Thugs ft. some woman- It's All Good (May 1999): I actually got this song by accident. I told my friend to burn me "First of tha Month" from Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony, and instead I got a Mo Thugs song, "It's All Good". The first couple of times I listened to this song, I wasn't feeling it at all, and I would just skip past it to get to "Rosa Parks", but my feelings have since changed, obviously. Another one of those relaxing songs. Believe it or not, Mo Thugs' voice is very soothing on this song, and the woman sings pretty well also. It was as high as 40, but 54 is pretty good (might fall back a little more, but we'll see).

53. Canibus ft. Free and Pras- Patriots (Spring 2001): I got this song while chatting to somebody on Napster (don't remember who, seeing as it was 4 years ago, thought people who know me well are probably surprised that I don't remember who it was). I had recently gotten my first Canibus song (I liked it, you will see it pretty soon as it will be in the next installment), and I wanted more Canibus, so this guy on Napster recommended Patriot, except he called it "Navy Seals". And I downloaded it under that title. I didn't know that the song was called "Patriots" until I got the CD Christmas 2003. Huh, go figure.

52. Orgy- Blue Monday (Fall 2000): I don't really know to say about this one besides the fact that the first time I heard this song, it literally blew my mind. Seriously, the guitars, the electronics in it. Wooooooooooooo. This song really opened the door for me to rock-techno. Yeah, I'd heard Prodigy before, but I guess this sock kind of made me realize what Prodigy was.

51. Militia- Burn (Sometime in the '90s, but finally got my hands on it in January 2001, so take your pick): This is one of like 3 songs that literally took my years to obtain. They ALWAYS played this song on the radio (Wild 94.9), but they would never say what the song was, and who it was buy. It turns out that these guys haven't come out with another song since, and this is their only song that has gotten any play. Shit, I don't know if they even RECORDED another song. They call themselves Militia, but some of those guys sound familiar. So I don't know who is actually rapping. Nevertheless, the song kicks ass.

That's it for now. I have to watch the finish of the Phoenix/Memphis Game 2.

Gertner
04-28-2005, 09:03 PM
i am enjoying this outpour of electronic music choices by Lotus

Lotus
04-28-2005, 09:03 PM
Still more to come, Gertner.

Londoner
04-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Nice to see some electronic music fans here.

Danny Electric
04-29-2005, 12:26 AM
The song title is 'Spiller' I think. I had the single.

Oh and watching Prodigy play 'Breathe' live was awesome.

The Outlaw
04-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Lotus, get soulseek

Lotus
04-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Used to have it, not sure if I still do. But if you want some songs, I could hook you up.

Lotus
04-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Oh, I'll put up 50-41 on Friday.

Gertner
04-29-2005, 11:46 AM
lol you're talking to the head hancho of dance music here Thuglife.

Londoner
04-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Nice one, what stuff do you listen to then? I'm currently listening to infected mushroom, pm me if you want mate.

Sickboy
04-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Blue Monday by Orgy was simply great when I was a kid, but nowadays I find it quite boring. Btw, I think the song was released in 98-99 because I can remember listening to it while I was in confirmation camp and I was 14 then.

Anyways, Scar Tissue, Breathe and If this Ain't Love are good songs. :y:

The Destroyer
04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Screw Orgy's version, listen to the original. :y:

Gertner
04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
I have Infected Mushroom's "I'm the supervisor" cd. hmmmm you're into Psy-Trance. interesting. I'm into Hardstyle, Trance, Progressive House, Acid House, Breaks, a little Drum n Bass, and good ol Techno.

Londoner
04-30-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not only into psy trance, i'm into any dance music really, i just brought 'converting vegertarians' today, it aint that good to be honest..brought another cd also though called yellow sunshine explosion mixed by dj bim(never heard of him) and this is more my thing cos it keeps up the pace...more so than Infected mushroom does atleast, they seriously just fade away after the first three songs.

I was gonna get some techno but they didn't have much selection in the shop.

Sickboy
04-30-2005, 05:36 AM
Screw Orgy's version, listen to the original. :y:

Well it's actually not as good as Orgy's version

The Destroyer
04-30-2005, 07:58 AM
I beg to differ. :p

weather vane
05-04-2005, 12:14 AM
where's motley?

Lotus
05-31-2005, 02:36 AM
Just bumpin'. Sorry to do this (I ain't spammin'). But it's been so long since I've last done a list that for those of you who don't remember, I figured I should bump it up since I just put in my latest list, 40-31.