PDA

View Full Version : Chris Candido has passed away

rob11
04-29-2005, 12:49 AM
http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=22534

i didnt see anything on this on the 1st page here so sorry if it was posted

Chris Candido passed away Thursday night after collapsing earlier in the evening and being rushed to a hospital by ambulance. The cause of death is unknown at this time.

Candido had suffered a serious ankle injury at the Lockdown pay-per-view on Sunday and had surgery to repair the injury on Monday evening. Candido appeared at TNA's iMPACT taping on Tuesday night in Orlando just hours after being released from the hospital.

The news comes as an absolute shock to all of us who have worked with Chris in recent months. On behalf of everyone at 1wrestling.com, our thoughts and prayers are with Tammy and his family and friends

RIP, this sucks

weather vane
04-29-2005, 12:51 AM
This is just craziness. How did this happen?

RIP

Splaya
04-29-2005, 12:52 AM
whoa, you gotta be kidding me.

James Steele
04-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Damn, another great wrestler falling victim to his inner demons. I heard he was on the road to recovery so this is really a shame. RIP

Londoner
04-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Damn..RIP...that's shocked me.:|

Shaggy
04-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P

Innovator
04-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Jesus Christ I didn't see this coming...wow....wow

RIP Candido *holds up Triple Threat sign*

KingofOldSchool
04-29-2005, 01:03 AM
I wonder how much weight Tammy Sytch will gain now...

Nark Order
04-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Holy shit...

RIP Candido....

Bad Company
04-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Oh my god. That's terrible.

RIP :(

My mood went from :D to :'( just like that.

PureHatred
04-29-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah I just saw this on PWinsider.com

TNA star Chris Candido passed away suddenly this evening in New Jersey. Candido, 33, had suffered a myriad of injuries to his ankle at the TNA Lockdown PPV last Sunday. He was said to have been in good spirits following surgery on Monday, where a metal plate and screws were inserted to fix a dislocated ankle, a broken tibia, and a broken fibula.

Candido had appeared at the TNA taping in Orlando, Florida this past Tuesday, just 24 hours after the surgery, managing the Naturals from a wheelchair to the NWA Tag Team championships. The episode is scheduled to air tomorrow on the Fox Sports Network.

It should be noted that the police department in Candido's hometown of Matawan, New Jersey would not confirm his passing.

TNA posted the following message on their website "TNA joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely death of Chris Candido on Thursday."

PWInsider.com wishes to send our deepest condolences to the family, friends, and fans of Chris Candido

This is just odd. When I saw the story I thought "He died from an ankle?" but it looks like it could've been his old habits catching up with him. Very sad.

McLegend
04-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Damn

Danny Electric
04-29-2005, 01:14 AM
I used to love the Body Donnas when I was a kid, that's how I will always remember him. As someone who brought me entertainment.
I remember reading a couple of days ago about him hopefully being part of the ECW Reunion PPV's. I hope they go in tribute to a great worker.

RIP

Funky Fly
04-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Whoa, holy shit. :(

asphyXy
04-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Not cool.

Psycho C
04-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Sheesh. The first real casualty this year.

RIP

PullMyFinger
04-29-2005, 01:41 AM
WHOA. Literally, this came out of NOWHERE. How exactly did he die? No word on that yet?

Mr. JL
04-29-2005, 01:43 AM
Fuck, he was only 33!

R.I.P.

Corndad
04-29-2005, 01:53 AM
R.I.P. Sad. just sad.

Watson
04-29-2005, 01:54 AM
I am absolutely stunned.........:(

What makes it all worse is I have an old ECW Tammy Sytch t-shirt hanging in my room that I bought recently at a old school wrestling nostalgia show and I looked up at it earlier and said: "Candido, ha......". Referring to how lucky he was that he was with Tammy back when she was hot. Now I come on TPWW and find out the guy's dead. I can't describe how bad that sucks. As JL said he was only 33, not even 10 years older than me and he just suddenly dies. That's crazy. Hard to grasp that he's gone just like that. My condolences go out to Tammy and the rest of his family.

Rest In Peace, Chris....................

KayfabeMan
04-29-2005, 02:05 AM
WoW.

That was out of the blue. I read on a few sites that he may have had a staph infection, but there is obviously no confirmation of that yet. Sad that Candido was only 33, and seeing the effects of his choices catching up with him - as he looked quite a bit older than that.

Anyhow, RIP Chris, and I'm sure they'll do something nice for him at the 'Hardcore Homecoming' show this summer - where I heard there was speculation of a Triple Threat Reunion. Guess that won't happen now :(

Aussie Skier
04-29-2005, 02:11 AM
wow! this is shocking

truth b known, i know little about Candido. In fact, i have only seen him in one match, and that was on the Mick Foley DVD.

However, after I saw that match, i remember posting on here "why doesn't the WWE hire Chris Candido, and i got mainly positive responses about them hiring him.

terrible news, RIP

RGWhat316
04-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Wow, I'm actually not all that familiar with Candido since I don't usually watch TNA. But any death of a wrestler is horrible news. Dying so young is even worse. R.I.P. Chris, you will be missed.

RGWhat316
04-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Just got an update from wrestling-edge.com

Chris Candido's brother, Johnny Candido, made the following statement in regards to his brother's death.

"I find it only fitting you hear the truth from me about the death of my bestfriend, brother, and soulmate. Chris died tonight due to a blood clot brought on by complications with his surgery. I just want to tell everyone that in their sorrow, find a way to be happy that he went out the way he wanted to...on top of the world, blonde, tan, and loving life up until the last minute. Every ounce of my brother loved this sport, and for him to go out 2 or 3 years ago wouldn't have been a fitting end to the life of such a determined, passionate, and benevolent human being. I truly view my brother as an angel as will all who knew him. Thanks to everyone for all your positive press, Chris went out a happy man and will forever live on as the(one of) greatest of all time. He would have had it no other way."

LK
04-29-2005, 02:45 AM
Wow I totally didn't see this coming.

RIP

Dave Youell
04-29-2005, 02:58 AM
RIP

Rammsteinmad
04-29-2005, 03:33 AM
R.I.P :(

RP
04-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Wow. For some reason i'm more moved by this death then the others in the past couple of years. What a unfortunate event.

Hitman84
04-29-2005, 03:45 AM
:'( *stunned silence* :'(

R.I.P. Chris Candido :wavesad:

Eunos
04-29-2005, 03:51 AM
Another Young Wrestling Death :(

Tornado
04-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Woah. That sucks.

The Fugitive
04-29-2005, 05:52 AM
I echo everyone's sentiments. Rest in Peace. :(

Jesus...

Jonster
04-29-2005, 06:20 AM
Woah, RIP.

Evil Vito
04-29-2005, 06:21 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Holy shit, where the fuck did that come from?

R.I.P, he was way too young (33), and was a great worker. He will be pissed.</font> :(

The Fugitive
04-29-2005, 06:29 AM
Pissed?

DMI
04-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Same thing happened to my mother. My prayers go out to his family.

Volchok
04-29-2005, 07:10 AM
RIP... :( :'( :wavesad:

Xero
04-29-2005, 07:43 AM
RIP. :(

Cactus Sid
04-29-2005, 07:44 AM
Absolutely awful news, my heart goes out to Tammy and his family

R.I.P

I hope Sonny Siaki doesn't take this hard

Hired Hitman
04-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Why would Sonny Siaki take this hard?

Cactus Sid
04-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Well I heard he was kind of responsible for breaking Candido's ankle, I'm just suggesting that if that is the case, people sometimes take on a lot of guilt, even if it really isn't their fault

SuperSlim
04-29-2005, 09:32 AM
man, just browsin and then I see this and I'm takin by complete surprise.

I really don't know what much to say. Seen him doin Body Donnas, loved him in Triple Threat. Thought it was awesome seein him in the ring again in TNA and now he's passed on.

You shall be remembered.

Loose Cannon
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
This is ashame. The guy was just starting to get his life together again and it's over.

Was never a fan of his, but he was a great preformer hands down.

Blue Demon
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
wow...surprise there...that really sucks :(

The One
04-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Now I haven't been a big fan of his since his arrival in TNA, but man was he the shits in ECW. More then being awesome in the ring and entertaining on the mic, from my understanding he was just one of the boys who loved to hang out and have a good time. A genuine nice guy. In an industry like this, to be able to have any leve of sucess and still maintain yourself to be a good person is hard. To his family and friends they will be in my thoughts. Good bye, you will be missed.

Rest in Peace.

JT
04-29-2005, 09:45 AM
In September 2004, here in my hometown of Edison, I recall going to the annual Family Day Fair (a small carnaval placed on by the town each year), and apart of it was some small wrestling promotion. When I got there, it was the first thing that had caught my attention, and one of the first wrestlers I saw here was Chris Candido. At first glance, I was like "wow, how the mighty have fallen" being this was a free show being placed on in a baseball field with an incredibly small, dull audience. However, he was the one guy to get a good reaction out of them, and even keep me entertained enough to go over and sit down at ringside.

When I had heard tha TNA had hired him, I was happy. I felt that this was a second chance or so for Candido to do his craft on a decent stage. However, that my also be the reason I feel sad now. I got to see Chris go from working a baseball field in Edison, NJ with people who couldn't give a rats ass, to being a member of the second biggest federation currently in the nation. It makes me sad to see him pass away just as his life was coming back together.

King Jericho
04-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Jesus Christ. This is certainly a shock.

R.I.P Chris Candido.

wrestlingking
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
i really cant beleive this happend

R.I.P. Chris Candido you wil be missed

rob11
04-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Im hearing that it was from a blood clot due to complications from the knee operation. Has anyone else heard this?

Disturbed316
04-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Holy shit! That was completly out of nowhere. R.I.P Chris :'(

And yes, on TNA's website they have said that it was a blood clot that caused it :'(

Just John
04-29-2005, 10:05 AM
gone but never forgotten.....R.I.P Chris... :'(

rob11
04-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Holy shit! That was completly out of nowhere. R.I.P Chris :'(

And yes, on TNA's website they have said that it was a blood clot that caused it :'(

Damn, thats ashame. I think he was a talented wrestler and remember his ecw days and his wwf days. He will surely be missed :'(

Boondock Saint
04-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Whoa. That's terrible.

R.I.P. Chris Candido :(

YOUR Hero
04-29-2005, 10:35 AM
People rush themselves atfer injuries far too much. Your body needs time to recover, if he flew after the surgery, then he was fucking stupid. All respect to his dedication, and may he rest in peace.

Gertner
04-29-2005, 11:44 AM
r.i.p chris candido. 33, so young.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-29-2005, 11:52 AM
:( :wavesad: :'(

Shaggy
04-29-2005, 11:54 AM
He was definently becoming one of my favorites again in TNA. His character had so much potential and its sad to see this happen....

I wonder what will happen to The Naturals now that this has happened. He was sorta there partner and mentor for the past few months.

Rob
04-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Massive shock for me hearing this news. It just fucking sucks that a man can try so hard to get his life back on track and start winning his battles for something so unfortunate like this to happen. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and family and friends.

Crashnburn
04-29-2005, 12:32 PM
R.I.P.

Just last night I was showing my fiance the video of Candido breaking his leg... now I feel bad for showing it.

:wavesad:

Mayo
04-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Wow that is very sad news. All of these wrestlers dying young, its a very stressful lifestyle I suppose. RIP

Mike the Metal Ed
04-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Wow, R.I.P Chris. :'(

Sepholio
04-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I don't really know much about Chris Candido, but I've always heard nothing but praise for him.

Regardless, it is terrible to see him go when he was finally getting his life in order, and at such a young age too. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

R.I.P.

Evil Vito
04-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Pissed?

<font color=goldenrod>Damn, wrote that this morning just minutes after I got out of bed, made a mistake. Happens all the tiem with me. :(

Anyways, obviously the word I was looking for was "missed"</font>

PorkSoda
04-29-2005, 03:08 PM
This news just came out of nowhere. And he was only 33. Damn, people can go just like that.

RIP Chris.

foodstampchamp
04-29-2005, 03:47 PM
One of the most depressing tragedies of the wrestling business. This man had just overcome all of his personal demons, he was in the best shape of his life, and about the enter the prime of his wrestling career. I fondly remember watching him while I was growing up and am really sad to see him go. There is a wonderful Video Tribute over at the ROH Fan Creations Forum that I recommend all of you watch.

RIP Chris/Skip You will be missed

Just John
04-29-2005, 04:00 PM
Well I'm sure he'd appriciate you all showing your support so on his behalf good rep for you all

ive good repped half of you but ive got to wait before I will rep more people but you will be repped dont worry

R.I.P Chris Candido

Cool King
04-29-2005, 04:06 PM
It's on WWE.COM.

Chris Candido passes away - 1972-2005
April 29, 2005

World Wrestling Entertainment is saddened by the passing of Chris Candido.

Chris appeared in WWE as Skip of the Bodydonnas in the mid 1990s. He also competed for ECW and WCW, and held both the WWE and ECW World Tag Team titles and the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. He was an amazing athlete and a gifted performer, and we offer our deepest condolences to his family and friends.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/20050429_chriscandido.jsp

LK
04-29-2005, 04:07 PM
CHRIS CANDIDO
1972 – 2005

TNA Wrestling joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely death of Chris Candido on Thursday night.

TNA is deeply devastated by the loss of Chris, who touched the lives of millions of fans around the world during his successful career.

We hope everyone will keep Candido’s friends and family in their thoughts and prayers as we say goodbye to a friend

Early Friday morning, Chris Candido's brother Johnny posted the following message to fans on the USAProwrestling.net website:

"I find it only fitting you hear the truth from me about the death of my bestfriend, brother, and soulmate. Chris died tonight due to a blood clot brought on by complications with his surgery.

I just want to tell everyone that in their sorrow, find a way to be happy that he went out the way he wanted to...on top of the world, blonde, tan, and loving life up until the last minute. Every ounce of my brother loved this sport, and for him to go out 2 or 3 years ago wouldn't have been a fitting end to the life of such a determined, passionate, and benevolent human being.

I truly view my brother as an angel as will all who knew him. Thanks to everyone for all your positive press, Chris went out a happy man and will forever live on as the(one of) greatest of all time. He would have had it no other way."

www.tnawrestling.com

Once again RIP Chris

M. Banana
04-29-2005, 04:24 PM
Damn, that sucks.

RIP Candido.

You were the man.

Triple A
04-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Damn. :(

samichna
04-29-2005, 04:28 PM
fuck

KayfabeMan
04-29-2005, 04:32 PM
You know, not to change the focus off of Chris - because obviously it needs to be, but it needs to be mentioned [if Siaki is responsible for said ankle injury as well] that someone should take Siaki out of a wrestling ring - for the safety of everyone else.

Siaki is the same guy who crushed Alan Funk's face, literally, and basically killed the heat off the man's career, almost ending it, and in the process cost him lots of $$$ and causing him to have facial surgeries that obviously cause a great deal of pain. He's also injured countless others. :nono:

Anyhow, back to discussing Chris. RIP.

Gone Mad
04-29-2005, 04:42 PM
This was quite a shock. Anything I could say has already been said, but I will say that I've watched him since the Body Donnas to some of his ECW stuff and just caught up to his time in TNA (in fact, I was watching the show as I read the story so it just hit me hard) and he was a hell of a worker. I wasn't a big fan but I respect his dedication to the end for the business and it is just sad when it happens to someone who works so hard through so much in their life.

My condolensces go out to Tammy and his family. RIP Candido.

LK
04-29-2005, 04:47 PM
You know, not to change the focus off of Chris - because obviously it needs to be, but it needs to be mentioned [if Siaki is responsible for said ankle injury as well] that someone should take Siaki out of a wrestling ring - for the safety of everyone else.

Siaki is the same guy who crushed Alan Funk's face, literally, and basically killed the heat off the man's career, almost ending it, and in the process cost him lots of $$$ and causing him to have facial surgeries that obviously cause a great deal of pain. He's also injured countless others. :nono:

On this Funk guy, could you elaborate on the situation which led to the facial injuries?

Loose Cannon
04-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Really Great ending to Impact. Candido delievered a nice promo hugging the tag belts from the floor. Then the screen freezed with him holding the belts and he had a joyous look on his face and did the date of birth-date of death thing.

KayfabeMan
04-29-2005, 05:14 PM
On this Funk guy, could you elaborate on the situation which led to the facial injuries?

Alan Funk, for anyone wondering, is also known as 'The Funkster', Bruce (in NWA-TNA) or as he's best known - "Kwee Wee", formerly of WCW. Anyhow, Funk is working a tag match with Siaki (I believe back in 2003) overseas in the UK or somewhere.

Siaki totally fucks up a top rope moonsault, and lands square on Funk's face - from the fucking top rope. He cracked his orbital bone, and I believe broke his jaw, nose, some other bones, and I believe his eardrum was injured as well. I remember this when it first happened, as I had e-mailed Alan my best wishes. I have also read a great deal of reports of Siaki injuring indy workers, and you can tell (if you've ever wrestled) that he is totally sloppy in the ring.

MVP
04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Did NOT see that coming.

RIP and condolences to his family.

Fryza
04-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Fuck... Hot damn, poor guy. RIP. I only saw Candido's WCW stuff, he seemed decent. I heard from someone that they were trying to book him for the ECW up-coming PPV...

foodstampchamp
04-29-2005, 05:49 PM

This thread isn't about who injured Chris Candido. It should be a post about your fondest memories of Chris or sending condolences to his family. Something has to be seriously wrong with you to try to stir shit at a time like this.

Smitty
04-29-2005, 06:38 PM
*Takes out Chris Candido ECW Action Figure and puts in on the mantle* RIP man :(

Jacko
04-29-2005, 07:05 PM
As Carlito would say..

Chris Candido passing away? That's not cool.

R.I.P young one.

The Fugitive
04-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Damn, wrote that this morning just minutes after I got out of bed, made a mistake. Happens all the tiem with me. :(

Anyways, obviously the word I was looking for was "missed"
It's cool. I suppose 'pissed' could work as well, hell, I'll be pissed as well, if I just found out I kicked the bucket.

SammyG
04-29-2005, 07:25 PM
R.I.P Chris Candido. You will be missed :(

Jaded-Dragon
04-29-2005, 07:28 PM
I have many fond memories of the Triple Threat as Douglas, Bigelow, and Candido. I always thought that is when they were at their strongest. When I first saw the topic, I was thinking to myself, "Damnit, another one that couldn't stop with the drugs." 33... he was still in his prime as a wrestler.

I'm sure Shane will have a 10 bell salute at the reunion show. I really wish I could go... even more than I wished I could before.

RIP Mr. No Gimmicks Needed

KayfabeMan
04-29-2005, 07:41 PM
This thread isn't about who injured Chris Candido. It should be a post about your fondest memories of Chris or sending condolences to his family. Something has to be seriously wrong with you to try to stir shit at a time like this.

I won't even say what I'd like to to you out of respect for the topic.

However:
A) I stated that I wasn't changing the subject in my post, and
B) I'm not trying to stir shit. Apparently you are by posting that.

I would say that who injured Chris would be a main topic for discussion as well, considering the fact that the thread is about Chris' life, and events that occured during it, including the injury that may / may not have indirectly lead to his unfortunate death. I meant no harm by providing discussion.

Now then; I remember a while back Chris worked a show in Florida with Norman Smiley and a few others. It was one of his first shows back from being over in Puerto Rico for a spell. Anyhow, everyone who worked the show had nothing but nice things to say about him - and couldn't get over how he changed his ways. Shame that it had to happen now when he was back on track.

I remember talking with Dr. Tom Prichard once about Chris. Dr. Tom said that it was unfortunate that Chris was all over the place, because he was a solid worker, and had potential, but he continuously shot himself in the foot at all the turns. He said he wished that he would've had more time to work with him, and that they could've done more. I guess it shows that even when his life was 'out of control', people could still see through to the potential of the guy underneath.

At least Chris gets to go out on a good note, and he didn't pass away (as a great deal of people speculated he would) under shadier circumstances with his life in ruin.

den1982
04-29-2005, 07:58 PM
what the fuk RIP CHRIS

YOUR Hero
04-29-2005, 08:17 PM
I won't even say what I'd like to to you out of respect for the topic.

However:
A) I stated that I wasn't changing the subject in my post, and
B) I'm not trying to stir shit. Apparently you are by posting that.

I would say that who injured Chris would be a main topic for discussion as well, considering the fact that the thread is about Chris' life, and events that occured during it, including the injury that may / may not have indirectly lead to his unfortunate death. I meant no harm by providing discussion.

Now then; I remember a while back Chris worked a show in Florida with Norman Smiley and a few others. It was one of his first shows back from being over in Puerto Rico for a spell. Anyhow, everyone who worked the show had nothing but nice things to say about him - and couldn't get over how he changed his ways. Shame that it had to happen now when he was back on track.

I remember talking with Dr. Tom Prichard once about Chris. Dr. Tom said that it was unfortunate that Chris was all over the place, because he was a solid worker, and had potential, but he continuously shot himself in the foot at all the turns. He said he wished that he would've had more time to work with him, and that they could've done more. I guess it shows that even when his life was 'out of control', people could still see through to the potential of the guy underneath.

At least Chris gets to go out on a good note, and he didn't pass away (as a great deal of people speculated he would) under shadier circumstances with his life in ruin.
Like I made mention of, if you want to discuss the factors of his death, look at Chris' decision to travel so soon after surgery. IMo, that's far more incriminating than the person that wrecked his ankle.

I'd rather, mind you, see another thread discussing these issues. I've always preffered leaving tribute threads as they're intended to be. Tribute threads.

So no more talk about the cause/the effect in this thread.

Deceit
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
WOW.

That is fucking creepy. I was just talking to my mom about 20 minutes ago and she says to me, "Do you know of a wrestler named Chris Candido?" and I was like, "Uhh, yeah". Then she told me. Well, to make a long story short, my mom is apparently pretty good friends with his mother as they went to the same medical school where my mother teaches. Why couldn't she have told me when he was alive goddamnit!?

RIP Chris

olympic hitman
04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
I was looking at the main rumor page and seen right away "Chris Candido passes away" and "Candido's brother speaks on his death" and I was like "what the hell?".....

It's definetely a shock. While I won't go in-depth about how good I thought he was or wasn't, I will say it was a shock. You don't expect young healthy wrestlers to die all of a sudden. Damn shame and big loss for TNA. Candido was one of the high points of watching their actual wrestling matches[nevermind the horror they call "entertainment"]. RIP, Candido[damn, will the pro-wrestlers' death list EVER stop? I dread to even think about who will be next :wavesad: ]....

Azriel
04-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Damn, that blew me away.

I really hope Tammy will be okay from this. RIP Chris.

And that was real classy WWE making a mention of him.

Watson
04-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Just thought you all might like to read this.

----------------------------------

From declarationofindependents.net

One of Chris Candido's best friends, who actually grew up with Chris, "The Hardcore Chair Swinging Freak" Balls Mahoney, made these comments, regarding Chris's death:

I am sorry that this has happened. I am in a state of, well, I haven't slept, eaten or anything. I am in Milwaukee Wi. working for another old friend of ours, Carmine DeSprito/Mid America Wrestling. The only reason I am here instead of home with the Candidios is because when Chris and I were little kids, Carmine was a slightly bigger kid around the biz. We have been friends for almost 20 years. If this was any other promotion I would be home crying still.

Chris is, was and always shall be the greatest professional wrestler I have ever seen. The fact that we were brothers and shared each others families only made our relationship stronger.

My thanks to all those wrestlers and fans who have gone out of their way to give their sympathies to myself, Johnny, Tammy, Peggy, Greg the Stinger, Don Candido (Chris' father) Jizelle and the sisters and all the family I give my uncoditional love to.

To Johnny, you are my brother and I will always love you. Tammy, I will always be there for you. You are my sister. Now and forever.

Last night I went to the Church where I was molested when I was a child, knelt on the steps and said a Christian prayer for my best friend in this world. Chris, if somehow you know what is going on now and what I am writing well I will always love you. My body will have CC No Gimmicks Needed forever tatted on my person so I will never let anyone forget you.

I love you Chris and my life is richer for having been your friend partner and brother.

Later on man

Jonny Rechner (Balls)

James Steele
04-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow. That made me even sadder.

mike627
04-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Candido RIP :wavesad:

Corkscrewed
04-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Wow.

Just plain wow. Suffice to say, I didn't see this coming. For a young star who'd overcome his personal problems to suddenly take flight from this world is just tragic.

I'm glad that it wasn't his former habits that caught up to him. At the same time, I'm speechless to hear that he's passed, so young in his life. My sympathies go out to his family and friends, and I can only say Rest in Peace as well. I suppose he would have wanted to go out this way, and for that, I think we can be happy for him.

:wavesad:

Rob
04-30-2005, 02:56 PM
You can't blame Siaki. Everyone who steps in the ring knows the dangers before hand. It wasn't the injury but the surgery which cause Candito's death. Just an unfortunate accident.

Innovator
04-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Most northeast indy companies have done a 10 bell salute over the past couple days in remembrance of Candido.

6to1
04-30-2005, 03:10 PM
i liked his last tna show he ended it with the tag belts over his shoulder, an a smile on his face.