PDA

View Full Version : HEard on the Radio yesterday that the Simpsons' actors have signed on for another...

Kane Knight
04-30-2005, 11:30 AM
3 seasons. This will, according to the statement make them the fourth longest running TV series...Which is odd, because I thought there were like a dozen soap operas that ran longer than it.

Anyway, that scares me, with the total lack of quality of the last couple of seasons.

UmbrellaCorporation
04-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah...The Simpsons used to be good, but it got stale.

MORE FUTURAMA, DAMN IT. :foc:

Seriously, I'm sitting there :| when the Simpsons are on, but Futurama never fails to get an 'LOL' out of me at least one time during an episode, usually more.

The funniest thing I think I've ever seen on Futurama is the first episode where Fry is the only one that can stop those giant brains, and he writes a book to confuse the brain.

"A crummy tale filled with plotholes and spelling errors!"

"Me are giant brain, and I are winning! Now I will leave Earth for no RAISIN."

Pure quality. :p

Tornado
04-30-2005, 06:30 PM
The Simpsons is a cash cow, and while Fox still think it can draw, they will milk it for all it's worth.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Yeah, exactly.

I'll be glad when Family Guy and American Dad get the respect they deserve. Family Guy does already for most people, but I thought American Dad was pretty hilarious too.

Gouda
05-01-2005, 01:50 PM
3 seasons. This will, according to the statement make them the fourth longest running TV series...Which is odd, because I thought there were like a dozen soap operas that ran longer than it.

Anyway, that scares me, with the total lack of quality of the last couple of seasons.

They mean fourth longest running comedy series. Read in article about it in the newspaper today.

The Adventures of Ozzy and Harriet is number one. I forget the rest.

Drakul
05-02-2005, 12:29 AM
MORE FUTURAMA, DAMN IT. :foc:
The canceled it and I doubt it'll come back :'(

Corkscrewed
05-02-2005, 04:49 AM
I never understood why... except for the fact that Futurama got its time slot moved more often than a cheap prostitute has sex... but that show never should have been cancelled. I still gaffaw when I watch it on Adult Swim.

AareDub
05-02-2005, 12:42 PM
I never understood why... except for the fact that Futurama got its time slot moved more often than a cheap prostitute has sex... but that show never should have been cancelled. I still gaffaw when I watch it on Adult Swim.

I can't count the number of times the first half of Futurama got cut off for the end of a football game out here. It was one of the "joining regularly scheduled shows already in progress" things. How can they expect it to get a good following after that? I didn't like it when it was on back then, but since adult swim and the dvds it's like my favorite cartoon show ever now.

samichna
05-02-2005, 12:45 PM
They mean fourth longest running comedy series. Read in article about it in the newspaper today.

Nah I don't think that show was on longer, it just had like 4,000 episodes.

Kane Knight
05-02-2005, 01:15 PM

K. That makes more sense.

The people on the radio reported it as the fourth longest running series (with these three seasons), so apparently they called it wrong.

Kane Knight
05-02-2005, 01:19 PM
I can't count the number of times the first half of Futurama got cut off for the end of a football game out here. It was one of the "joining regularly scheduled shows already in progress" things. How can they expect it to get a good following after that? I didn't like it when it was on back then, but since adult swim and the dvds it's like my favorite cartoon show ever now.
They didn't want it to succeed. They wanted to push all those best sellers Peter Griffon mentioned last night on Family Guy.

samichna
05-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Pea Tear Gryphon

Savio
05-02-2005, 04:52 PM
"The pitts" was the Greatest show! :shifty: Greg the bunny?