PDA

View Full Version : Worst Interviews and Backstage Segments ever

thuganomicalcrippler
04-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Name the worst promos or vignettes you've ever seen in the "thespian-rich" world of pro wrestling.

This intellectually staggering backstage conversation between Goldberg and Scott Steiner just popped into my head. I think it was somewhere in December 2003.

Steiner: Hey Goldberg! You think you're great don't you? But I'm the best. You can't beat ME.
Goldberg: (menacing look) : I CAN beat you.
Steiner: Oh yeah? Next week, we go O-N-E on O-N-E
Goldberg. No. Lets get it on. TONIGHT.
Steiner. No I fight you when I'm ready, Bill. (walks off)

The "I CAN beat you" line did it for me. :D

thuganomicalcrippler
04-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Hey, just thought of something that would have made me like Goldberg:

Cena: You can''t see me!
Goldie: (menacing look) I CAN see you.

Fignuts
04-30-2005, 12:36 PM
One word: Shockmaster

LK
04-30-2005, 12:40 PM
The infamous Psycho Sid promo

SuperSlim
04-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Sid

Azriel
04-30-2005, 01:01 PM
care to elaborate fore us non WCW fans?

PureHatred
04-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Sid was liable to drop some knowledge any time he spoke:

"I am twice the man you are, and I have half the brain you do!" - Sid Vicious speaking to Kevin Nash

Lamuella
04-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Sid got halfway through a promo, did something wrong, said "I screwed that up, can we go again?" to which Gene Okerlund replied "Sorry buddy, this is live"

Londoner
04-30-2005, 01:39 PM
What about that Matt Morgan backstage segment on Raw recently?

Mayo
04-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Sid got halfway through a promo, did something wrong, said "I screwed that up, can we go again?" to which Gene Okerlund replied "Sorry buddy, this is live"LMAO, I didn't know he was THAT terrible.

Marcyo
04-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Sid got halfway through a promo, did something wrong, said "I screwed that up, can we go again?" to which Gene Okerlund replied "Sorry buddy, this is live"

:rofl:

Marcyo
04-30-2005, 02:07 PM
oops, ditto from Mayo's post. Ah well.

Nark Order
04-30-2005, 02:15 PM
The whole gimmick where Tommy Dreamer would do or eat anything had some pretty damn horrible vignettes tied to it.

Nark Order
04-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Also, "That 70's Guy" Mike Awesome.

Which really hurts my heart because Mike Awesome ruled before they turned him into a laughing stock.

Evil Vito
04-30-2005, 02:45 PM

<font color=goldenrod>Actually it was Jim Ross that replied to him, but nevertheless that's gotta be one of wrestling's most classic interview fuck ups.</font> :lol:

Innovator
04-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Beaver Cleavage, only good segment was where he quit the character and walked off

Innovator
04-30-2005, 02:46 PM
When Mean Gene dropped the F bomb and walked off, leaving Rude and Heenan laughing their asses off

KillerWolf
05-01-2005, 05:23 AM
Rey Misterio challenges Brock Lesnar for Heavyweight title (or any time Rey Misterio has a mic in his hand)

That deal on Smackdown where JBL wound up getting a box of pig guts dumped on him. that whole thing played out like Bugs Bunny Shit.

This entire Heidenreich Face Turn

LITA LITA LITA

"at Wrestlemania 21, Randy Orton WILL REST IN PEACE" :roll: sheesh

newly turned heel, Sid Justice with manager, Harvey Whippleman- "Mean Gene, I am sick and tired of hearing about Hulk Hogan and his commandments! Harvey, if you would, read them to me ONE by ONE!

Shaner
05-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Worst Backstage Segment - anytime HHH is interviewed

Tornado
05-01-2005, 06:51 AM
What about that Matt Morgan backstage segment on Raw recently?
*Smackdown

Also, that backstage skit with Eddie and Rey from last weeks Smackdown, went on WAY too long.

Chuck Jones
05-01-2005, 11:43 AM
This was sometime in 2003. Smackdown was at MSG. Vince McMahon, Stephanie, and Zack Gowen were in the ring. Vince McMahon mentioned that he had pimped, talked down to, pulled his pants down in front of, and said he personally felt like he had "deflowered" his daughter. I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet. I actually had to flip the channel a few times as some of the stuff that Vince was saying was getting disturbing.

XL
05-01-2005, 12:12 PM
I found the segment when Booker dropped th 'N' bomb hilarious!

His reaction after was priceless!

PullMyFinger
05-01-2005, 12:16 PM
The whole gimmick where Tommy Dreamer would do or eat anything had some pretty damn horrible vignettes tied to it.
or who can ever forget this one...

After Headbanger Mosh and that Beaver Cleavage character failed...

"My name is Chaz, I'm here to have a great time and wrestle. I'm not pulling a ridiculous gimmick here." - or something around those lines...

PullMyFinger
05-01-2005, 12:19 PM
When Mean Gene dropped the F bomb and walked off, leaving Rude and Heenan laughing their asses off
hahhahaha, and damn you mentioned the Beaver thing...I should've read yours first...ah well

Londoner
05-01-2005, 01:58 PM
*Smackdown

Also, that backstage skit with Eddie and Rey from last weeks Smackdown, went on WAY too long.

Hmmm,i'm sure it was on Raw.I didn't watch much of Smackdown.

Anybody Thrilla
05-01-2005, 02:22 PM
This one hits home for me because I was actually there, but whenever Vince was about to wrestle Stephanie and the loser was supposed to leave...at the Smackdown before it in Cincinnati, Stephanie went on for like ten minutes about lord knows what. AND she started crying. It was fucking boring as hell. I'm not sure, but it almost looked like people actually were LEAVING the show in the middle of it.

The One
05-01-2005, 02:29 PM
I don't know why I even mention this...since I honest to god can't remember who did it or what company at the time, but I DO remember watching some show and a wrestler actually farted (quite loudly) during a backstage segment. My friend and I were barly paying attention and that just sent us into a laughing fit.

Gertner
05-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Rick Steiner yelling at a Chucky Doll

Anybody Thrilla
05-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Didn't Rick Steiner yell at Chucky?

LK
05-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Not a bad segment or anything but Gertner mentioning Steiner just reminded me of his debut when he had beaten up Matt and Nowinski and he went over to the corner and yelled "GIVE ME A FUCKING MIC".

Apocolyptik1
05-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Anything Linda Mcmahon did. That woman does not need to be involved with WWE camera's in any way, shape, or form.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Beaver Cleavage, only good segment was where he quit the character and walked off

...ROFL.

He just quit out of nowhere and walked off camera?

Innovator
05-01-2005, 11:04 PM
pretty much

UmbrellaCorporation
05-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Oh God, I wish I remembered that.

I remember the Beaver Cleavage segments, because I was laughing insanely about how they were black and white.

I think they should try that again. It's 2005, dammit, and technology is getting better. Time for Cleavage V. 2.0.

Savio
05-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Alpha Male monty browns promo on someone with a small head.

PullMyFinger
05-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah, the Alpha Male promos are terrible. Tryton is the king in the land of little people....wtf?

Also hahahahahahahah does anyone remember in WCW when Luger turned into the Total Package..and dropped his name? They did a promo in the back..and it was being recorded. However, during the promo, the lip movement was being slow or something like that...so the sound and the lip movement wasn't even in sync. Afterward, you heard the cameraman say "cut!" and both Lugar and Miss Elizabeth were laughing and saying they screwed up. Basically, they really really really fucked up. LOL :rofl: It was the funniest shit I ever saw.

Gertner
05-02-2005, 01:08 AM
sorry Thrilla, you are right, my bad.

Another one is Hogan doing a promo for his Yappapi strap match with Lex Luger. lol if you actually listen to Hogan's promo's they go nowhere.

Hornicane
05-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Anything involving 'Planet Stasiak' was ridiculously horrible.

Corkscrewed
05-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Hmmm,i'm sure it was on Raw.I didn't watch much of Smackdown.
No, Morgan is a Smackdown guy. I'd bet anything on it.

The only way you could have seen it on RAW was if it was a SmackDOWN rebound or something.

Anyway, the Psycho Sid live messup, Shockmaster debut, and Mean Gene f-bomb were the first ones in my mind, so nevermind. http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/meh.gif