PDA

View Full Version : Why couldn't the WWE....

darkpower
05-01-2005, 01:37 AM
instead of turning Eddie heel again, as he has done in the past, (and this is going to be an unpopular suggestion, I'm sure) throw a swerve and make REY heel? From my memory (I've never seen his ECW days, so I can't speak for that), he has NEVER been a heel, so tthat could be a change for him to play the bad guy, and would be somewhat refreshing to see. I don't know how the WWE coud play a heel Mysterio, and it would be a BIG risk, but I think it could pay off in the end. Thoughts?

McLegend
05-01-2005, 01:38 AM
He was a heel in WCW.

The One
05-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Rey can't be heel...he isn't strong enough on the mic (can't be a mastermind evil man without speaking well), he is too small to get over as an imposing evil guy...just too many problems to come up. But I like the fact that you are looking for something different...maybe WWE could do that once in a while.

darkpower
05-01-2005, 01:43 AM
He was a heel in WCW.
HAD to be during Russo's massacre of whatever was left of WCW, because I don't remember it.

Ruien
05-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Nice sig, but you should have blended it in a little bit, make it look like it is acually their.

darkpower
05-01-2005, 01:49 AM
Nice sig, but you should have blended it in a little bit, make it look like it is acually their.
Making the canvas from Adobe to be exactly perfect was harder than all hell to do. I was lucky I got it THAT good. Thanks, though. ^^

John la Rock
05-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Rey can only be a face

Hulk Hogan
05-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Hey dudes,

The WWE shouldn't have turned Eddie heel. The Hulkster feels that the WWE really dropped the ball on this one!

Unless the WWE has plans to make Eddie Guerrero boring and uncool, then there's no way the fans will cheer against him. If they make Eddie boring and uncool however, then he'll generate 'X-Pac' heat......instead of nWo Hogan heat brother! :cool:

Nick Venom
05-01-2005, 03:03 AM
He was a heel in WCW.
For all of two months.

Kane Knight
05-01-2005, 10:50 AM
instead of turning Eddie heel again, as he has done in the past, (and this is going to be an unpopular suggestion, I'm sure) throw a swerve and make REY heel? From my memory (I've never seen his ECW days, so I can't speak for that), he has NEVER been a heel, so tthat could be a change for him to play the bad guy, and would be somewhat refreshing to see. I don't know how the WWE coud play a heel Mysterio, and it would be a BIG risk, but I think it could pay off in the end. Thoughts?
They could still salvage things. Rey should go berserk on Eddie, who is feeling depressed because Rey always seems to attack him. ;)

Evil Vito
05-01-2005, 11:32 AM
HAD to be during Russo's massacre of whatever was left of WCW, because I don't remember it.

<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, pretty much. In late 1999, the face stable Filthy Animals (Eddie Guerrero, Konnan, unmasked Rey Mysterio, and Billy Kidman) went heel for reasons I can't remember. Didn't work too well as Eddie was the only one that could play a good heel, so they went face again in the beginning of 2000. Eddie left for the WWF, but the stable stayed...

Then the New Blood era started, and Billy Kidman, Konnan, and Rey ended up joining the heel group for no real reason. Kidman was one of the main members of the group, so Konnan/Rey were left to find two other heels to join them. Who did they get? Disco Inferno and Juventud Guerrera. :|

Then when WCW realized that Disco was the only good heel in the group now, they turned the group face again and left Disco heel...the group tapered off in early 2001, so Kidman/Rey ended up back as a face tag team as WCW died off.

Damn, can't believe I remembered all of that. Just goes to show how big of an idiot Russo was.</font>

Kane Knight
05-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Rey sh ould join JBL's Cabinet. He can head the "department of attack midgets."

Mr. Nerfect
05-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I think Rey would make a nice heel actually. Have him and Eddie do their stuff at Judgment Day, with Rey just a little more aggressive than usual (faster spots, etc.), and Mysterio actually getting the win with the Drop of the Dime.

On SmackDown!, the draft is taking place and Eddie says incase he doesn't get another chance to see Rey ever again under a SmackDown! backdrop, he's sorry, and he's been going through tough times, like he occasionally does. Mysterio then assaults Eddie Guerrero with a tire-iron or something.

Then have him dress completely in black attire, and adopt a more devilish attire theme. His matches are more aggressive, and his moves are sold like death. Mysterio then either gets Heyman as a manager, or it is revealed RVD and he have been planning a refocus of their talens, and become a new heel tag team.

Mr. JL
05-01-2005, 07:35 PM
The WWE is not going to be ble to turn Eddie heel, same for Mysterio. The fans will cheer for these guys regardless. They tried turning Eddie heel a few years ago and the fans didn't give a fuck and kept cheering him.

I say before you turn anyone heel...why not try to FULLY capitalize on their face popularity. Then, when/if that diminishes turn them heel in order to re-fresh the character.

Eddie gets the loudest cheers of the night, yet JBL gets to be champion for 9 months.

SammyG
05-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Rey would still get face pops from the crowd I think, it wouldnt really work. Kinda like Hogan's wwe NWO stint, what, did he even last a month as a heel

Shadow
05-01-2005, 07:48 PM
You know...that would be entertaining.

Unfortunetly...this is the WWE we're talking about. There is no way in hell are they going to turn somone who's such an obvious face when they've got a very natural heel on their hands.

That being said, if they unmasked Rey and gave him something decent to talk about, he could probably get over as a heel.

Gerard
05-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Rey as a heel could strike terror into the faces, if he was armed with an m16 or something.

Kane Knight
05-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Rey as a heel could strike terror into the faces, if he was armed with an m16 or something.
Awwww...It's so cute...A kid with a toy gun....

Corkscrewed
05-02-2005, 04:19 AM
:lol:

I was thinking that this idea is just like making a Chihuahua heel in some weird dog wrestling federation.

It just wouldn't work unless he had rabies and his finisher was biting people in the gonads and stuff.

Aussie Skier
05-02-2005, 04:41 AM
rey gets pops because of his moveset.

u expect ppl will boo the 619?

dalegendkilla
05-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Eddie gets the loudest cheers of the night, yet JBL gets to be champion for 9 months.

I did hear 'Eddie Sucks!' chants the past two weeks he's turned his back on Mysterio, though I wouldn't be surprised if some WWE employee was in the crowd and started that off.

Kane Knight
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
:lol:

I was thinking that this idea is just like making a Chihuahua heel in some weird dog wrestling federation.

It just wouldn't work unless he had rabies and his finisher was biting people in the gonads and stuff.
It's funny, because I alsways used to call Eddie the "Rabid Chihuahua."

Kane Knight
05-02-2005, 10:40 AM
I did hear 'Eddie Sucks!' chants the past two weeks he's turned his back on Mysterio, though I wouldn't be surprised if some WWE employee was in the crowd and started that off.
Yeah, the "Eddie Sucks" chants were pretty weak, and even after that, there were a lot of people chanting "Eddie...Eddie...Eddie..." As he was backing away from his beaten partner.

I'm not sure they CAN turn Eddie heel right now.