PDA

View Full Version : Rey v.s Chavo on Smackdown!

Jordan
05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Holy shit what a match, and Eddie G. has got to be the best heel in the buisness. This angle is flippin sweet, Judgement day is gonna be awesome. God that beatdown afterwards was brutal (as if the match wasnt brutal enough). Thats probably the best match I have seen Chavo in, he was awesome, what did you guys think?

McLegend
05-05-2005, 09:57 PM
That suplex on the stairs was sick.

Jordan
05-05-2005, 09:59 PM
And the camera angel when Eddie rammed his head into the ring post was insane.

Azriel
05-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Eddie is at a whole new level with this heel persona. Do you think next week he's going to completely take Rey's mask off, almost like what happened tonight?

Oh, and I was laughing at the serious reactions of the crowd. Poor naive people thinking its all real.

YOUR Hero
05-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Eddie has always been a great 'actor' in terms of his character. His great wrestling ability makes him all that much greater. I found SD! tonight on my local TV network (didn't think I got it) I was impressed by Angle ( :heart: ), The Rey/Chavo match, Eddie and of course, HardCore Holly.

Ok, not HardCore Holly.

M. Banana
05-05-2005, 10:16 PM
And I missed it...

:-\

Gouda
05-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Yeah it was a great match. Not Shelty/HBK great but great nontheless.

One of the best televised Smackdown matches in a long time.

M. Banana
05-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Man, that fucking sucks..

I'll be expecting videos. :mad:

Shadow
05-05-2005, 10:54 PM
I think Eddie only tore the mask so we could all see the blood.

Also...that one fan screaming, "Why Eddie Why?" He had to be a plant.

Fenix122
05-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Man, that fucking sucks..

I'll be expecting videos. :mad:

me too...the stupid portable TV i watch SD! on because only one TV has cable decided it didn't want me to get reception so i couldn't see it. :n:

YOUR Hero
05-05-2005, 11:12 PM
I hope this is a new trend of good wrestling on TV.

Kane Knight
05-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Fucking sick.

And Hero, shut up you gay ass commie, we don't need any of your touchy feely liberal ideals here. Good wrestling on TV? FUCK THAT. USA USAUSA

YOUR Hero
05-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Canada and it's communist partisan rebels shall swarm the lesser States and assume control of all things USAish. When this happens, you will no longer be allowed to type such derogatory comments.

Kane Knight
05-05-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry sir. Mayu I have a position in your ranks?

Innovator
05-05-2005, 11:49 PM
America Jr standing up to America..........wait for it...........nah

Kane Knight
05-06-2005, 12:08 AM
The 51st American State standing up to America..........wait for it...........nah

Jaded-Dragon
05-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah, that suplex on the steps was brutal. Good segments tonight. Even Cena's rip on Chris Farley's old skit.

Innovator
05-06-2005, 12:21 AM
KKK! KKK! BAHGAWD!

PullMyFinger
05-06-2005, 12:43 AM
People still chanted EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

Kane Knight
05-06-2005, 01:39 AM
People still chanted EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!
And the negative reactions were weak at best most of the night.

Gouda
05-06-2005, 01:40 AM
So how about them booking Carlito against Bob Holly again. What, did they want him to get injured again?

Nervous Ferret
05-06-2005, 01:43 AM
grr I missed SmackDown! :mad: I fell asleep, when I awoke I totally "Smacked my TV"!

Kane Knight
05-06-2005, 01:54 AM
So how about them booking Carlito against Bob Holly again. What, did they want him to get injured again?
Prolly. Though Carlito's paid his dues...Shovelling snow? :shifty:

Corkscrewed
05-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Man, seriously, I was telling my friends how much I loved Eddie at the beginning of the show. And when Eddie ran in and commenced the beatdown, I mentioned in a chat about how this was shades of his beatdown of Tajiri... except no auto nearby.

And then he did that SICK stalling vertical suplex onto the steps... that was just brutal.

Eddie Guerrreo is THE best overall package the WWE has. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he does EVERYTHING well. And tonight had me marking out and getting chills. The man is an unbelievable actor, a great wrestler, gold on the mic, and a respectable guy in real life as well. A total five star persona.

:y: :y: :y: :y: :y:

BTW, they have vid of it on the SD! results page.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/smackdown/results/index.jsp

The CyNick
05-06-2005, 07:25 AM
Yeah Eddie has stepped up his game huge, and Rey is doing well too.

The only problem I forsee is whether or not the fans will go with booing Eddie on a regular basis.

This almost seems like a repeat of Austin, where Austin did an awesome job as a heel (some of his all time best stuff IMO), but it was death at the box office because people wanted to cheer Austin.

Regardless, the angle itself has played out brilliantly. Whoever has laid it out should get more power in creative.

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Um, I hated the end ot the match. Spoiler past here:

Chavo destroyed Rey, with huge move after huge move. I'm fine with that. But then out of no where, Rey hits a senton. I'm fine with that, despration move. Then Rey gets the pin, 1, 2, 3. I'm not fine with that, Rey had virtually no offence the entire match, pulls off a decent move, but it didn't look that powerful. I mean, I could see it turning the tide, but not ending the match. Plus, this match was a street fight, and in the end, with what this match was suppose to be, that kind of finish seemed cheap. Techincally Rey won the match, but Chavo easily won the fight.

Gouda
05-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah. Chavo hit Rey's head on a chair twice and then hit his finisher and Rey still kicked out. I was like "Oooook.... Way to kill a guy's finisher".

Kane Knight
05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Um, I hated the end ot the match. Spoiler past here:

Chavo destroyed Rey, with huge move after huge move. I'm fine with that. But then out of no where, Rey hits a senton. I'm fine with that, despration move. Then Rey gets the pin, 1, 2, 3. I'm not fine with that, Rey had virtually no offence the entire match, pulls off a decent move, but it didn't look that powerful. I mean, I could see it turning the tide, but not ending the match. Plus, this match was a street fight, and in the end, with what this match was suppose to be, that kind of finish seemed cheap. Techincally Rey won the match, but Chavo easily won the fight.
Can't really argue.

Kane Knight
05-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, I would, but the finish felt cheap. Still, it got massive pops and moved the storyline (Though I similarly disliked the over-done Eddie shtick), so it wasn't a total wash.

SammyG
05-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Remember when he had devil horns

Londoner
05-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Wow, a reason to look forward to watching smackdown tonight, hopefully the WWE continues in this form. they're getting something right for once.

The One
05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
A new shinny nickle for anyone who can find the match online! :)

BigDaddyCool
05-06-2005, 01:15 PM
I have the nickel anyways. BTW, the Gorybomb is probably the sweetest finisher in WWE bar none, Rey kicking out if it is a crime. I hate Rey Mystiro Jr.

Mr. Nerfect
05-06-2005, 06:21 PM
That match was so awesome! Hopefully the WWE keeps pouring out the goods in coming weeks.

Chavo & Rey put on a good show, and I must admit I liked this match better than HBK/Shelton, just because I wasn't expecting a five star affair from these two (I'd heard about the HBK vs. Shelton match, and had high hopes for it).

Both Guerrero and Mysterio came off looking like main eventers here. I don't really have a problem with the finish, because that senton on Chavo looked like it could snap a guy in half. I have no problem with Chavo not kicking out.

It is s very rare that you get a match like this, though. Most TV matches these days are two guys going at it. I can't remember the last time an ediiton of RAW or SmackDown! actually produced a story through the course of a show, that had a beginning and an end on that same show. Chavo and Rey go way back, but if they had just come out and had a Street Fight, it just wouldn't fit as well as the one on SmackDown! did. As far as I am concerned, that was a feud completely built into that particular show, and I am grateful to the WWE for doing that.

The more and more I think about the match, the more andmore it reminds me of the Paul London vs. Michael Shane Street Fight. Although I am unfamilair with the storyline of London/Shane, I can got the same vibes from it as I did from Rey Mysterio/Chavo Guerrero. Chavo Guerrero/Mysterio was about the rivarly these two guys have had their entire careers, and about their relationships with Eddie Guerrero. I did not know the story between Michael Shane and Paul London, but while watching the match, I just thought about what Shawn Michaels' character would think about this. I thought about the past these two guys must have had, and how over the years a srong rivalry must have built-up. Michael Shane must be jealous of the relationship Shawn Michaels and Paul London share, and he must want to kick London's ass, repelling Paul, and bringing Shawn closer to him at the same time.

That's what good story-telling is about. Whether or not I knew the story, I could connect myself to the wrestlers in the match, and I could see some point to their violence beyond what was being said on commentary, or beyond what they said to each other.

Good work, guys, and I can honestly say I'm looking forward to Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio and Paul London vs. Chavo Guerrero at Judgment Day. Hopefully they include the Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio Street Fight and Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio match at Halloween Havoc '96 as special features on the DVD.

Seeing this match has given me hope for the Gold Rush tournament on RAW. HBK vs. Edge should have a good match, and Kane vs. Benoit could be better than what people think. Seeing as the brands seem to share ideas, I hope they do something like Chavo/Rey did, and build-up the final match in the tourny so it feels like a PPV blow-off match.

I wonder if they'll pair Los Guerreros together again? Chavo Guerrero obviously wants to be at his uncle's side again, well either that or he REALLY hates Rey Mysterio. And Eddie Guerrero could easily realise how Chavo Guerrero really is his familia. Los Guerreros, even as a temporary teaming, could realy help boost the tag team division. Part of me wants to see John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero in the near-future, though.

BigDaddyCool
05-07-2005, 02:24 AM
You know, now that Eddie is heel again...it would be nice if he grew back that long greasy black mullet, like this:

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling2/kblunt/eddie.jpg(sorry if it is a red x)

He just looks so evil and unsavory with that mullet, with the frosted short hair cut he has now, he just looks so, hey, everyone one loves me. Lets go party! But that long greasy mullet, just says "don't fuck with me, essay, don't you know that I'm loco."

Mr. Nerfect
05-07-2005, 05:54 AM
I remember in 2001 when my dad used to come over and wrestling was on, he would always talk about how he hated Eddie Guerrero because of his mullet, so I think bringing it back wouldn't be the worst move.

I don't care how popular Eddie is, he has the potential to become a top heel here, and the WWE shouldn't scew it up. Whether or not he gets cheered doesn't matter, just don't quit on his savageness yet.

Kane Knight
05-07-2005, 09:44 AM
You know, now that Eddie is heel again...it would be nice if he grew back that long greasy black mullet, like this:

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling2/kblunt/eddie.jpg(sorry if it is a red x)

He just looks so evil and unsavory with that mullet, with the frosted short hair cut he has now, he just looks so, hey, everyone one loves me. Lets go party! But that long greasy mullet, just says "don't fuck with me, essay, don't you know that I'm loco."
ANd you won't feel so alone. :p

PorkSoda
05-07-2005, 10:08 AM
The only complaint I have is that Mysterio bladed. We see blood like every other week. BLAH!

Jordan
05-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Blood rules, plus when was the last time you have seen Mysterio blade? IT WAS TIGHT

Kane Knight
05-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Blood rules, plus when was the last time you have seen Mysterio blade? IT WAS TIGHT
I think it's the fact that it's done so often IN GENERAL it had no effect.

Just John
05-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Prolly. Though Carlito's paid his dues...Shovelling snow? :shifty:

LOL and the little piddle of water that was thrown at his face that was made to look like a car 'drove in a puddle' :shifty:

Kane Knight
05-07-2005, 02:24 PM
LOL and the little piddle of water that was thrown at his face that was made to look like a car 'drove in a puddle' :shifty:
Definitely paying your dues. :D

Nark Order
05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I thouroughly enhjoyed that match. In fact, I think it's the only Smackdown main event that I had ever been excited about seeing.

Too bad Vince damns all the cruiserweight to midcard hell...

The Naitch
05-07-2005, 04:14 PM
I recorded it. I never record things these days anymore, but this one is a keeper :y:

Mr. Nerfect
05-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Now if they let Paul London vs. Akio headline SmackDown! this week, it could really boost the cruiserweight division. BTW, check out Velocity for another great London vs. Akio match. Funaki & Nunzio are gold too. And there's an appearance by The Maximos. :shifty:

Anyway, maybe eventually we'll see a Los Guerreros vs. Rey Mysterio & Paul London tag team match. I would pay money to see that.