PDA

View Full Version : Bigger fan base: Star Wars or Star Trek

The Answer
05-07-2005, 01:55 PM
With Episode 3 on it's way the Star wars fanatics are coming out of the wood work. Now does it compare to the Trekkies?

bigdaddysuperfreak
05-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I dont think you can compare them, at least until they come out with a Star Wars television series.

Sickboy
05-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Yeah, Star Wars has more of an legendary image than Star Trek. There are like 123 Star Trek movies and same amount of tv series.

Kane Knight
05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Trekkies.

Star Wars fans only come out of the closet when there's a new movie.

Trekkies aren't ashamed to dress up like their favorite Klingon Commander for any given occasion--Wedding, ballgame, even to go see a Star Wars movie.

Gertner
05-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Trekkies by a long shot

bigdaddysuperfreak
05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
If there was a starwars tv show it might be different, when was there a huge line of people to go see every startrek film?

Kane Knight
05-07-2005, 03:59 PM
If there was a starwars tv show it might be different, when was there a huge line of people to go see every startrek film?
When was the last time Trekkies had to wait 20 years between releases?

YOUR Hero
05-07-2005, 07:59 PM
There was a Star Wars TV show before. Something to do with Ewoks or whatever they were called.

loopydate
05-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Bigger fan base: Star Wars
More dedicated fan base: Star Trek

You just have to look at the box office numbers for the Star Wars movies to see that there are more Star Wars fans. But they're not as rabidly obsessive about those movies as Trekkies are about Star Trek.

slextremely
05-08-2005, 01:18 PM
There is going to be a star wars tv series. It takes place between E3 and E4. Lucas has confirmed he will direct the first season. I'll look for a link later...

DaveWadding
05-08-2005, 01:18 PM
I think the question is: Who are the bigger dorks?

Kane Knight
05-08-2005, 01:29 PM
There is going to be a star wars tv series. It takes place between E3 and E4. Lucas has confirmed he will direct the first season. I'll look for a link later...
There will be 2, actually. If you want to play "matter of fact," get it fucking right.

Kane Knight
05-08-2005, 01:31 PM

You just have to look at the box office numbers for the Star Wars movies to see that there are more Star Wars fans. But they're not as rabidly obsessive about those movies as Trekkies are about Star Trek.
Again, you have to take in consideration that there have been 50 Star Trek movies in the past 20 years, and concurrent TV series' running solid since the late 80s.

Which are you going to flock to first? The commonplace, or the trilogy 20 years in the making?

Ogen
05-08-2005, 02:55 PM
I would have thought they'd both love both

mitchables
05-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Nah, most Trekkies and Star Wars fans hate the other franchise and each other. Get a Trekkie and a Jedi together and they'll argue the semantics of Warp Drive vs. Hyperdrive, the Delta Quadrant vs. Alderaan, and the Force vs. Phasers set to 'stun'.

Or occassionally you will get a geek like me who does love them both. :$

Kane Knight
05-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Nah, most Trekkies and Star Wars fans hate the other franchise and each other. Get a Trekkie and a Jedi together and they'll argue the semantics of Warp Drive vs. Hyperdrive, the Delta Quadrant vs. Alderaan, and the Force vs. Phasers set to 'stun'.

Or occassionally you will get a geek like me who does love them both. :$
You forgot "The Borg would Assimilat the Jedi" and "The Sith would pwn the Klingons."

mitchables
05-09-2005, 02:37 AM
That too. :(

UmbrellaCorporation
05-09-2005, 07:29 PM
"The Sith would pwn the Klingons."

You better believe it. :p

Star Wars > Star Trek

The Diva
05-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Exactly that. Star Wars seems to have the more universal appeal that pretty much anyone can find atleast one thing interesting in but as for Star Trek, you have to be pretty geeky :-\ . On a personal note, I loved Star Trek: TNG, DS9, and Voyager (the original and Enterprise were kinda, well boring) and have only seen Attack of the Clones but Star Wars is technically more entertaining. It takes a special kinda person to be a heavy Star Trek fan.

road doggy dogg
05-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Star Wars is cooler because their resident black man (Lando) could kick Star Trek's (Geordie) ass.

Hired Hitman
05-16-2005, 05:45 AM
I'm not interested in either, star wars seems really corny and Star Trek seems to be future historic (not in a bad way, but I wouldn't be able to watch more than one episode at a time).

El Santo
05-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Star Wars is cooler because their resident black man (Lando) could kick Star Trek's (Geordie) ass.

By resident black man, you of course mean Mace Windu, right? ;) I mean ... c'mon ... Samuel L. Jackson.

And yeah, he'd pretty much take Geordi's scrunchie band and feed it back to him.

PullMyFinger
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Star Trek sucks, and their fan base is filled with the biggest pack of virgins alive.

Star Wars is really for everyone....even a normal person can watch it and enjoy it.

road doggy dogg
05-20-2005, 12:54 AM
By resident black man, you of course mean Mace Windu, right? ;) I mean ... c'mon ... Samuel L. Jackson.

And yeah, he'd pretty much take Geordi's scrunchie band and feed it back to him.

Nah Lando would fuck him up.

MoRcHeEbA
05-20-2005, 01:06 AM
even I like star wars :$

Loose Cannon
05-20-2005, 01:12 AM
even I like star wars :$

heh, this quote is money