PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain to me

Impact!
05-09-2005, 07:04 AM
exactly how owen hart died.

by that i mean, was it a falty harness or did he get his cape tangled and tried to untie it and fell or what.

me and cuzziebro619 have been argueing about it and i figure someone here must know.

so any help would be appreciated :y:

thanks.

Dave Youell
05-09-2005, 07:44 AM
As i understand it, it was a faulty harness.

They did a test run earlier in the day and it worked fine i think.

But on the night something broke and he fell, he hit his head on the turnbuckle on the way down.

Cuzziebro
05-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Really have u heard other stories?

Kane Knight
05-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Yes actually, we've ALL heard other stories.

Shaner
05-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Yes actually, we've ALL heard other stories.
:lol: - definately. There have been THOUSANDS of stories throughout the net about Owen Hart's dead!

Kane Knight
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
:lol: - definately. There have been THOUSANDS of stories throughout the net about Owen Hart's dead!
Indeed. Even his Harness fall is attributed to different things. A couple of the people involved in the safety tried to blame it on him jumping off too soon, someone claime dhe was pushed, etc. etc.

It's sad how eager people are to make this into a bigger deal. It's already a pretty big deal, and it devalues the fact that someone died if you need some fantastical conspiracy theory.

The Gooch
05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
As i understand it, it was a faulty harness.

They did a test run earlier in the day and it worked fine i think.

But on the night something broke and he fell, he hit his head on the turnbuckle on the way down.

If memory serves me correct did not the WWE sue the makers of the harness after they settled the lawsuit with Martha Hart?

Anyone know for sure if they were successful? I thought they were, but received nowhere near the money paid out to Martha.

There is so much speculation about what happened that night. Unfortunately, I believe only Owen knows for sure what happened. However, when it comes to the issue of the harness, I wasn't sure if the harness was faulty or that it was too sensitive for the stunt. I believe it was in Martha's book that the sensitivity of trigger was brought up, which is why she filed suit against the WWE and not harness company.

Rob
05-09-2005, 01:43 PM
The harness broke and Owen Hart fell uncontrollably to his death. That's not debatable. What is debatable is who was to blame for putting a 235lbs man in a harness purposely made to carry weight not in excess of 20lbs (I think it was less actually).

Personally, I blame the WWF. And I'll never forgive them for it.

Kane Knight
05-09-2005, 02:07 PM
The harness broke and Owen Hart fell uncontrollably to his death. That's not debatable. What is debatable is who was to blame for putting a 235lbs man in a harness purposely made to carry weight not in excess of 20lbs (I think it was less actually).

Personally, I blame the WWF. And I'll never forgive them for it.
It's odd. For once, the safest, easiest, and smartest places to put the blame are all the same.

The One
05-09-2005, 03:05 PM
The onle thing that always confusses me, is that people in the audience reported seeing his cape fall first...that part always annoyed and baffled me...

But no the blame lies in WWF's lap for this one.

Dave Youell
05-09-2005, 03:42 PM
The onle thing that always confusses me, is that people in the audience reported seeing his cape fall first...that part always annoyed and baffled me...

Well going off what Rob said, yeah there is.

Kane Knight
05-09-2005, 04:49 PM

If the cape came loose as the harness was giving, it's possible it could have fallen first. Not really a HUGE chance, but not impossible.

Or the fans could be wrong.

weather vane
05-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I get fuckin sick everytime I think about him falling.

M. Banana
05-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Over The Edge.

Ruien
05-09-2005, 04:57 PM
In 1 story I heard Owen lived, he just wanted to collect insurance.

Cuzziebro
05-09-2005, 06:25 PM
In 1 story I heard Owen lived, he just wanted to collect insurance.
Are you serious? I cant believe someone would say that, thats just horrible.

Kane Knight
05-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Are you serious? I cant believe someone would say that, thats just horrible.
Everyone starts this wild rumours about dead people.

Impact!
05-10-2005, 05:52 AM
yeah it's awful, the poor guy just wanted to move in with elvis who lives next door and now everyone's starting these rumours, man people these days :nono:

:shifty:

Hired Hitman
05-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Tupac, Rumours

Kane Knight
05-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Tupac, Rumours
Exactly my point.