PDA

View Full Version : RTW Championships - Day 2 - First Round - Jushin Lyger v. Ricky Steamboat

Mister Sinister
05-13-2005, 03:43 AM
Welcome to the 2nd Day of The Rate The Wrestler Championship, and sadly, the first Wrestler of the 64 was eliminated tonight...Who that Man Was, you're have to read below to find out...Then We'll Move on to the 2nd Match of the Night featuring, New Japan Legend, Jushin "Thunder" Lyger, v. Former Intercontinental and NWA World Champion, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat!

(1) Bret "Hitman" Hart v. "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith

Bret and Bulldog are standing inside the ring as, Earl Hebner checks both men for foreign objects, He finishes his search and rings the Bell, Bret and Smith goe to the Center of the Ring and Shake Hands in a Show of Respect since they are family...They Then Lock-Up, After a Breif Lock-up, Smith throws Hart backwards onto his ass, Hart dusts himself off and locks up again and Takes the advantage with a Hammerlock, Smith breaks the hold with a back elbow, then reverses into a Hammerlock of his own. The Hitman, then takes control, with a Drop Toe Hold and quickly applies a Arm-Bar on Smith...

Helmsphere: Here we are and welcome to the first ever Rate The Wrestler Tournament, and what should be a classic, much like there match at Summerslam 92, When The Bulldog won the Intercontinetal Championship from Hart in a great match....Hart is slowly setting the place for this match.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/brethart/50.jpg

Hart continues to Applie Pressure to the Arm...Davey Boy Replies and battles up to his feet, and then Throws Bret over his shoulder and to the mat to break the Hold. Hart get's to his feet, as Davey Boy bouncers off the Ropes, Hart ducks under as Smith bounces off the far side ropes, Hart leap-frogs the incoming Smith, Hart waits as Smith bounces off the ropes once again, He tries to Leap-Frog again, but Smith catches him and lifts him up for a Military Press, Hart quickly slides out and lands on his feet, Smith turns around and is take down with a quick arm-drag, followed up by another Arm-Bar.

Hart, then grabs Smith Wrist and tries to Sit Back into a Cross-Arm Breaker, but Smith, escapes and get's to his feet.Bret goes to grab the arm again but takes a forearm to the face....

(Commerical Break)

We Come Back From the break, following some High-Lights, Bulldog nailed a Delayed Vertical Suplex, and also nearly won the match with a Superplex from the Top Rope and has been in control for the most part from then...Bulldog throws Bret off the ropes and hits a Powerslam into the cover....1....2....Bret kicks out at the last possible second. Bulldog poses to the crowd and picks Hart up and places him on his shoulder for the Running Powerslam...Bret seems to be done for but get's a second wind and slides off and lands on the Middle Turnbuckle...Before Bret can take control, Bulldog comes off and attempts to toss him off...Bret fights him off and comes up with a Sunset Flip....Bulldog Rolls Thru and Crables his legs....One.....Two.....Bret rolls the Pin back over but doesn't go for the pin, and instead, grabs Bulldogs Legs and locks on the Sharpshooter!!!!

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/brethart/83.jpg

...Bulldog tries to free himself but Bret sits back on it....Bulldog stuggles and tries to power up from the hold and almost has it broken but his back gives out on him......He screams in agony before giving up the fight and finally tapping out to the Sharpshooter, after about 20 seconds.

Winner: Bret' Hitman" Hart

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/b/brethart/71.jpg

Earl Hebner raises Bret's Hand in Victory, when all of a Sudden, Bret sweeps Earl's Legs from under him and gives him a Knee to the Groin Area, Earl moans in sweet agony, before Bret Yells he been waiting for this moment as he locks the Sharpshooter on Earl Hebner who starts tapping as soon as the hold is applied....Bret however refuses to release the Hold as Earl continues to scream...Finally Earl just passes out from the pain, before Bret finally leaves with a smile on his face.

With British Bulldog gone, the heavily favorite to win the Tournament, Bret Hart moves into the second round to face the upcoming winner of the following Match....So Let the Voting Begin, Who will move on to face the Hitman in the next round?

The One
05-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Ricky Steamboat

Eunos
05-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Definitly Ricky Steamboat.

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2005, 04:05 AM
Ricky Steamboat.

Danny Electric
05-13-2005, 08:02 AM
Steamboat

The Fugitive
05-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Lyger.

Fenix122
05-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Steamboat

RemyRed
05-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Jushin Lyger

BatistaBomb
05-13-2005, 10:51 AM
the dragon

What Would Kevin Do?
05-13-2005, 11:20 AM
Lyger

The Fitz
05-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Steamboat

HankScorpio
05-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Ricky Steamboat

Gouda
05-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Steamboat.

Innovator
05-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Steamboat

mike627
05-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Aw,damn Helmsphere I'm a fan of both these guys I call for a double countout.

Supermark101
05-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Ricky Steamboat

DaveWadding
05-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Steamboat

Mister Sinister
05-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Lyger....Steamboat is awesome and such, but I'm more of a fan of Lyger's then I was of his

KingofOldSchool
05-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Steamboat

The Answer
05-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Steamboat

redoneja
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, Lyger has always been a favorite of mine, but I look at Steamboat as the model for my chopsso I'm gonna go w/......

Ricky Steamboat

John la Rock
05-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Ricky Steamboat duh

SuperSlim
05-14-2005, 01:09 AM
Steamboat gets the win in this one

BigDaddyCool
05-14-2005, 01:19 AM
No contest due to time limit. So they are both out giving who ever the winner is suppose to fight a by.

KayfabeMan
05-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Jushin

Also, :lol: @ how overrated Steamboat is.