PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nash Sucks

Marc the Smark
05-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Well that's my humble opinion anyway. Agree or disagree?

Thriller
05-15-2005, 11:03 AM
When he wrestled he was average and could be carried to a good match.When he talked he was very entertaining so i would disagree.

foodstampchamp
05-15-2005, 11:05 AM
The last thing I heard about Nash was that he wasn't even able to Jackknife Jeff Jarrett. It's pretty pathetic when you botch your own finisher.

M. Banana
05-15-2005, 11:12 AM
In a word....

DUH

The Fugitive
05-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Wrestling-wise, he's slightly above average.

However, on the mic, he's goddamn hilarious at times.

Ol Dirty Dastard
05-15-2005, 11:43 AM
To say he is close to average or above average in the ring is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He was okay on the mic.

The only thing entertaining about him was that he knew he had no place at the top, but he was gonna be there anyway.

James Steele
05-15-2005, 11:47 AM
I think his in-ring skills were enough to get him over, but that's not really saying much. (When you look @ the Goldbergs, Batistas, Hogans, and such). His mic-skills are either comedy or bust. However, I think Kevin Nash would be an awesome announcer.

Kane Knight
05-15-2005, 01:52 PM
When he wrestled he was average and could be carried to a good match.When he talked he was very entertaining so i would disagree.
Notice this is in present tense: Kevin Nash Sucks.

He was an average wrestler, he was very entertaining...Why not look at him currently, or over the recent years?

Thriller
05-15-2005, 02:52 PM

He was an average wrestler, he was very entertaining...Why not look at him currently, or over the recent years?

Ok how this? When he wrestles he IS average and can be carried to a good match.When he talks he is very entertaining so i would disagree.

Is that more to you liking Mr Negativity

Mayo
05-15-2005, 03:07 PM
He's slow, uses power moves most of the time and his matches aren't very fast paced. Not bad on the mic but slow on that as well. Typical big man I suppose.

PorkSoda
05-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes.

The One
05-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Disagree...he is entertaining enough on the mic, and isn't so terrible in the ring that he makes me need to piss. You put him in a match with someone with talent and he can get the job done.

Mr. JL
05-15-2005, 03:41 PM
His series of matches against Bret Hart in 1995 should go down as classics. Those matches had so much psychology with the classic BIG MAN versus the Technical Wrestler.

Diesel was always admitting that yeah, if the matches go long he's at a disadvantage but how he's not paid by the hour and is going for the early knockout. While Bret Hart needed the match to go long in order to wear down the big man. Then when they wrestled they actually kept their game plan. With Diesel hitting a bunch of hard hitting moves early and kept going for the big blow knockout. While Hart would occasionally get a flurry of offense towards the knees/back in order to slowly wear down Diesel.

SO, you asked if he sucks right? You should be more specific.

I will, however, say that I agree he has had his sucky moments, but he has had quite a few great entertaining moments as well.

jerichoholic169
05-15-2005, 03:43 PM
funny, funny guy but his wrestling skills weren't amazing. Not as bad as some in the ring but at his peak he was far below others. So he doesnt suck, but he aint amazing either.

Bad Company
05-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Kevin Nash is the man.

BigDaddyCool
05-15-2005, 10:54 PM
:mad:

BigDaddyCool
05-15-2005, 10:58 PM
but seriously *mad*

BigDaddyCool
05-15-2005, 11:00 PM
I truely disagree. Sure Big Lazy was lazy in the ring, but come on with that. At least he is lazy in an entertaining way.

Evolution
05-16-2005, 09:36 AM
This is so strange. About half an hour before I came here today I was thinking about how best to use Nash.

I know this is quite unrelated (and for anybody curious, I thought he would be best in a Tomko/Jesus role, the huge intimidating guy protecting the cocky/scared heel) but I don't think Nash sucks.

Like it was said already, entertaining on the mic, average skills. Not up with Christian, not down with Hogan.

Shaner
05-16-2005, 09:39 AM
I never really liked Nash. There was no specific reason, he just didn't seem to entertain me. Besides all he was ever used for in WWE was as a jobber.

KillerWolf
05-16-2005, 09:58 AM
I never really liked Nash. There was no specific reason, he just didn't seem to entertain me. Besides all he was ever used for in WWE was as a jobber.
:?:

Shaner
05-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Nash = used as a jobber in WWE and i never really liked him.

The Gooch
05-16-2005, 10:16 AM
Nash's body is too run down to be an active wrestler nowadays. He is very good on the mic so a managers position or even a commentary position (heel of course) would be a good fit for Big Sexy.

Kane Knight
05-16-2005, 10:47 AM
:?: meant that it made no sense in this case. He wasn't used as a "jobber."

wwe2222
05-16-2005, 10:57 AM
how in blue hell was he a jobber? He was world champ for nearly an entire year, and won multiple IC and Tag Team titles.

SuperSlim
05-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I think Shaner was high when he posted

Shadow
05-16-2005, 12:43 PM
No...no he's not high. I know what a post is like when someone is high. Shaner is just an idiot.

That or he only saw Nash when he was jobbing in the WWE. Back in the dizay...Nash was the man. I remember watching him on Saturday mornings get his ass kicked and I was like, "No! Get up BDC! Get up!"

Then I stopped watching when they got rid of the Saturday morning shows.

PureHatred
05-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Is this a present tense question or a career perspective question.

Because, right now, Nash is a total waste of space and the WWE would have to be insane to even consider bringing him back.

If you look at his career, Nash peaked in the ring as Diesel, and then coasted on his reputation and mic skills. For his entire tenure in the WCW he was never even average in the ring. He was awful. He was entertaining when playing himself; an arrogant asshole. But that only went so far, especialy when his injuries and politics meant that storylines kept having to be shifted every few weeks. Hell. Face. Heel, agains. But now he's a face.

Nash has had his moments. I'm not sure if suck is really the right word. But over all, his negatives far outweigh his positives.

BigDaddyCool
05-16-2005, 11:40 PM
This is so strange. About half an hour before I came here today I was thinking about how best to use Nash.

I know this is quite unrelated (and for anybody curious, I thought he would be best in a Tomko/Jesus role, the huge intimidating guy protecting the cocky/scared heel) but I don't think Nash sucks.

Like it was said already, entertaining on the mic, average skills. Not up with Christian, not down with Hogan.

Um...so he would be a body guard type deal? Could the cocky heel be, I don't know, Shawn Micheals? Oh wait, already happened dipshit. They kinda invented that gimmick with Nash.

KillerWolf
05-17-2005, 05:02 AM
have you not been watching wrestling for long or do you just have your head up your ass?

TheNamelessOne
05-17-2005, 07:18 AM
"You got a guy like Kevin Nash, 40 years old, trying to act like a teenager.
Far as I'm concerned, the biggest "no-talent" in the business. He's got six
moves, no mobility, and enough timing to cover-up for some of it. But what
he does is he goes around and manipulates. Kevin Nash had a multi-million
dollar promotional company, the WWF, push him to the moon to make him a
star, and what does he do? He leaves... After he gives his word he's
staying, so by the way, he's a liar, too... He leaves and he goes to WCW for
a big contract." - Jim Cornette.

I just think he summed up my feelings entirely.

Shaner
05-17-2005, 07:26 AM
Allow me 2 explain what i meant when i referred to Nash as a "jobber". I stopped watching wrestling for a couple of years. I started watching again about Summerslam 2003. Nash was jobbing to Y2J and he was the first to be eliminated from the Elimination Chamber.

Shadow
05-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Allow me 2 explain what i meant when i referred to Nash as a "jobber". I stopped watching wrestling for a couple of years. I started watching again about Summerslam 2003. Nash was jobbing to Y2J and he was the first to be eliminated from the Elimination Chamber.

Yeah...thought as much.

tucsonspeed6
05-17-2005, 01:47 PM

Notice the adjective there: "Nash"....

Sorry. I had to make fun of Nash's lack of grammar syntax knowledge.... check out his first appearance on WCW on Monday Night Wars sometime to get what I'm saying if you don't already.

Bischoff187
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Nash is the suck, the Jackknife was cool whenever he didn't botch it.

The One
05-17-2005, 01:53 PM
"This is where the big boys play...look at the adjective...'Play'...well we arn't here to play"

Give the guy a break...

I am sorry, no I'm not sorry. I fucking love Nash. I have ALWAYS said I am a sucker for charisma. You know I am actually a sucker for something different. If someone can bring something to the table that others can't I love them for it. Probably why I am not gushing over Shelton right now becuase he is good in the ring yes, but nothing that a ton of thers couldn't do. Nash has enough natural charisma to sit on his ass, do nothing, make a few sarcastic comments and get over. I hate when people try to promote him as a big monster, he isn't, he is laid back and "2 kool 4 skool"...sorry I couldn't resist.

Bischoff187
05-17-2005, 02:03 PM
Classic Nash Moment : July 8, 2002.

Kevin Nash makes his big return from the injured list, tags in, knocks down Booker T, trips over him, and get's his shit completely ruined.

What a trooper.

The Gooch
05-17-2005, 02:12 PM
"This is where the big boys play...look at the adjective...'Play'...well we arn't here to play"

Give the guy a break...

I am sorry, no I'm not sorry. I fucking love Nash. I have ALWAYS said I am a sucker for charisma. You know I am actually a sucker for something different. If someone can bring something to the table that others can't I love them for it. Probably why I am not gushing over Shelton right now becuase he is good in the ring yes, but nothing that a ton of thers couldn't do. Nash has enough natural charisma to sit on his ass, do nothing, make a few sarcastic comments and get over. I hate when people try to promote him as a big monster, he isn't, he is laid back and "2 kool 4 skool"...sorry I couldn't resist.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The One again."

Sorry dude I couldn't rep you for that. I may disagree with you regarding Shelton as I believe his athleticism will make him very special wrestler in the future, but you are bang on IMO when it comes to Nash.

His assets may not have been in the the ring, but he entertained the hell out of me with his antics outside of it. NWO was one of the greatest gimmicks ever and Big Kev played a vital role in that.