PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so is it alright to get hooked on these two shows?

darkpower
05-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Robot Chicken.

Both on Adult Swim.

ATHF: About the milkshake, fries, and meatball solving crimes and having to deal with each other. And Robot Chicken: Scientist creates a chicken clone (or whatever chicken thing it is) and forces it to watch TV that parodies pop culture.

Both of these shows have grown on me, even though ATHF seems to be the thing I'm watching most on Adult Swim right now (other than Inuyasha), and that's the show I've watched all the episodes on over and over again on the VOD service.

So am I insane for liking these series, or is there something about them that people should be liking? Or does anyone even know these shows exist?

Triple A
05-16-2005, 03:17 AM
Yes.

KillerWolf
05-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Robot Chicken.

Both on Adult Swim.

ATHF: About the milkshake, fries, and meatball solving crimes and having to deal with each other. And Robot Chicken: Scientist creates a chicken clone (or whatever chicken thing it is) and forces it to watch TV that parodies pop culture.

Both of these shows have grown on me, even though ATHF seems to be the thing I'm watching most on Adult Swim right now (other than Inuyasha), and that's the show I've watched all the episodes on over and over again on the VOD service.

So am I insane for liking these series, or is there something about them that people should be liking? Or does anyone even know these shows exist?
aqua teen hunger force is the best show on television. robot chicken is touch and go at times.

Triple A
05-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Robot Chicken is kinda shitty and tryhard.

Fignuts
05-16-2005, 01:17 PM

I should punch you in the face for questioning aqua teen's greatness. Trips is right about RC trying too hard though.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-16-2005, 04:48 PM
ATHF is always a killer. Along with Harvey Birdman and Sealab.

Robot Chicken...It's either a ROFL episode or a terrible episode.

Xero
05-16-2005, 06:42 PM
I've only seen one or two Robot Chickens, but I love Aqua Teens. You're not the only one. :y:

darkpower
05-17-2005, 12:17 AM
I should punch you in the face for questioning aqua teen's greatness.
Not questioning it...at least not now. :naughty:

But you know how some people are. "What a wuss, watching toons like that" and shit, looking for the first thing to crack on someone with. :nono:

Requiem
05-17-2005, 12:45 AM
You actually have to get approval from a message board as to what TV shows you're allowed to watch?

The Diva
05-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Don't think you'd have to worry about anyone ripping on you since it's adult cartoons and all, though the Inuyasha thing may be a different story. Also ATHF and Adult Swim has been mentioned several times here so I'm guessing you're not the only person watching it, I watch it 4/5 days a week myself as Futurama and Family Guy are just as funny the 60th time around as are most of the other shows. Robot Chicken is as everyone has said, touch and go at times and personally I don't find Tom Goes to the Mayor as interesting as they make it out to be.

DegenerationY
05-17-2005, 10:41 AM
I love ATHF, Robot Chicken is decent, Family Guy and Futurama are always good. But I hate Inuyasha and all those Anime shows (Super Milk Chan makes me homicidal and epileptic), and Tom Goes to the Mayor just isn't funny to me.