PDA

View Full Version : HHH--King of the Mountain...

Kane Knight
05-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I was reading an interview recap dealing with Billy Gun/The Outlaw the other day, and he issued his thoughts about Triple H. Several times, he used the phrase "King of the Mountain" to describe Triple H. He uses it as a metaphor for how he has stepped on people to geth to the top, and how the trip back down will nto be pleasant.

The real reason I bring this up is less to bash Triple H and more to ask--Do you think the Outlaw is using HHH as a safe way of talking about Jeff Jarrett, or is it a coincidence that he's using JJ's phrase? It's common enough (The term), but the fact that he's working under someone who uses this phrase onscreen makes me wonder. It sounds like a lot of it could refer to Jarrett, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Here's a link I just googled up for it, so you can read his comments instead of taking my word for it.

http://pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=10394&p=1

SuperSlim
05-20-2005, 11:34 PM
that is very interesting. he probably means it both ways... both referring to Jarrett and HHH without specifically mentioning Jarrett.

Darkone
05-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Perhaps its a metaphor for the craptastic nature that both Triple H and Double J have?

mike627
05-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Good interview,man I think The Outlaw was indeed useing the term to address HHH and Jarret wonder how that went over at TNA?

The One
05-21-2005, 12:16 AM
I too think is was in reference to both superstars. And on a side note I love me my Billy Gunn.

Marcyo
05-21-2005, 12:19 AM
I like Billy Gunn too. He's great :D

V
05-21-2005, 12:57 AM
maybe he just remembered the phrase from jj and thought it just popped into his mind that, that would be a good way to describe what he's trying to say about triple h

then again maybe it isn't

James Steele
05-21-2005, 01:03 AM
HMMMM!?!?!?!?

I wonder what it was like being the second most worthless King Of The Ring ever?

Shame too, I think Billy Gunn could have been a great upper midcard/occasional main event guy.

Ruien
05-21-2005, 01:21 AM
I doubt he meant it. Their is no way he would be dumb enough to make it that obvious, especially when JJ owns the company.

PureHatred
05-21-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm actually wondering about this whole "trip back down" thing....Because, realistically, with Shane becoming more involved in the corporate sponsorship and marketing of the WWE, barring an ugly divorce Trips will probably become the head of boking and talent relations once Vince retires. He will really and truly run the WWE.

So unless Gunn is talking about baldness or calcium deficiency when Trips is a senior citizen, I don't see him getting any comeupance.

Hired Hitman
05-21-2005, 02:21 AM
I too think is was in reference to both superstars. And on a side note I love me my Billy Gunn.
He's an assman... dun dun.

Kane Knight
05-21-2005, 11:38 AM
maybe he just remembered the phrase from jj and thought it just popped into his mind that, that would be a good way to describe what he's trying to say about triple h

then again maybe it isn't
It's possible, especially with the brain damage it takes for you to work for TNA. :Shifty:

Kane Knight
05-21-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm actually wondering about this whole "trip back down" thing....Because, realistically, with Shane becoming more involved in the corporate sponsorship and marketing of the WWE, barring an ugly divorce Trips will probably become the head of boking and talent relations once Vince retires. He will really and truly run the WWE.

So unless Gunn is talking about baldness or calcium deficiency when Trips is a senior citizen, I don't see him getting any comeupance.
Depends on how far he drives the biz into the ground.

The One
05-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Shame too, I think Billy Gunn could have been a great upper midcard/occasional main event guy.

*Pulls out a Shotgun*

Take two steps back from my god damn Gunn/Outlaw Banwagon mother fucker. I am the only asshole who gets to like him you dick! :foc: :yes: :kiss:

SuperSlim
05-21-2005, 11:50 AM
the only time I could really stand Gunn was when he was a part of the OUtlaws. man that team was the best.

Loose Cannon
05-21-2005, 12:00 PM
yea. that was the BTR interview and I would really reccomend you guys listening to BTR each week. It's a live radio show on Wed nights in Florida and they have the internet cast up on the site.

Anyway, listening to the interview, I was saying the same thing to myself. Billy really put down HHH through the interview, but there were times in there where I was saying, "well wait a minute, isn't JJ doing the exact same thing?" So maybe he was a little.

I loved Billy's interview though. With what he was saying, he knows exactly what TNA needs to do and that's create stars. Problem is, JJ is stopping that right now.

Kane Knight
05-21-2005, 12:59 PM
I doubt he meant it. Their is no way he would be dumb enough to make it that obvious, especially when JJ owns the company.
Then why say it period, when it could be taken as such?

Nark Order
05-21-2005, 01:06 PM
lol @ everyone kissing Gunn's ass after he's gone. When he was still in the WWE people gave him shit every single day.

The One
05-21-2005, 01:09 PM
See...deadlyheaven sees it...you god damn ban wagon jumpers! I had to spend 6 pages of a tread defending Billy Gunn to everyone...six mother fucking pages. Billy Gunn is god and all of you realise it too damn late. :mad:

Kane Knight
05-21-2005, 01:10 PM
lol @ everyone kissing Gunn's ass after he's gone. When he was still in the WWE people gave him shit every single day.
Errrr...I'm not.

He still sucks. I just sourced an article dealing with his comments and asked if people thought he was using a double entendre of sorts?

Nark Order
05-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Wasn't refferring to you KK.

Anybody Thrilla
05-21-2005, 01:11 PM
It sounds like Jeff Jarrett was holding a gun to Billy's head (or ass in his case) during the entire interview.

The One
05-21-2005, 01:12 PM
That's right Knighty...you stay on your side...I have the entire "Love Billy Gunn" side to myself...I build a huge ass house on it and I don't like company. :love:

Kane Knight
05-21-2005, 01:15 PM
See...deadlyheaven sees it...you god damn ban wagon jumpers! I had to spend 6 pages of a tread defending Billy Gunn to everyone...six mother fucking pages. Billy Gunn is god and all of you realise it too damn late. :mad:
The bandwagon's on Fire, The One.

The One
05-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Then I'm going down in a blaze of glory. :p

Kane Knight
05-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Then I'm going down in a blaze of glory. :p
I always knew you and Billy were flamers...

Nark Order
05-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I always knew you and Billy were flamers...
:rofl:

The One
05-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Bazing...2 points.

SuperSlim
05-21-2005, 02:08 PM
like I said I only liked him in the OUtlaws days. nothing beyond that. no bandwagon jumpin for me. :D

V
05-21-2005, 09:00 PM
who's billy gunn?

seriously, i didn't even know he was in TNA till this thread :D

James Steele
05-21-2005, 09:13 PM
Are you guys talking about The Outlaw™? He does a lot of things like Billy Gunn™ though. :p

Chavo Classic
05-22-2005, 11:42 AM
I swear that the WWE also owns the rights to that gay hair cut too.

Loose Cannon
05-22-2005, 11:45 AM
I'll always remember marking out when Gunn ran in with a pipe and drilled The Rock with it at one of the PPV's.

Kane Knight
05-22-2005, 11:49 AM
I swear that the WWE also owns the rights to that gay hair cut too.
Actually, they sold it to Rico as part of his severence package.