PDA

View Full Version : Ken Shamrock returns to wrestling

wrestling_god
01-15-2004, 07:03 PM
The following are excerpts from an exclusive interview with Ken Shamrock over at BoxingInsider.com:

BoxingInsider.com: Is it true that you plan to make a return to the world of professional wrestling?

Ken Shamrock: Yes, it is. For what company, I don't know yet. I know I'll do some stuff with Japan and maybe some other independent stuff. But right now, that's what's in the works.

BoxingInsider.com: What about Dan Severn? I've heard rumors that he's getting ready to retire at the end of this year. He recently ducked out on a pro-wrestling commitment with you. Are there any chances that you'd like to fight him again?

Ken Shamrock: Dan Severn is just a punk. That guy is straight-up punk. He talks the talk but he won't walk the walk. At least with Tank Abbott, Tito Ortiz, they step up -- or did step up. Tank Abbott hasn't yet, but he will. But Dan Severn? A pro-wrestling match -- he wouldn't even get in the ring, he wouldn't come to the awards thing at the UFC for the greatest fighters of all time. Because I was there. He's afraid of me. He doesn't want to be in the same room with me because he's afraid! He's a chicken.

Boxinginsider.com: Actually, I believe the reason he didn't show up was that he felt that he was passed over for the Hall of Fame. I think he feels that he should have gotten it before you.

Ken Shamrock: Yeah. He thought he should get it before me and I'm the one that beat him. On our very first fight, I beat him. And then, I was there two years before he ever got there. Royce Gracie and I started that UFC. And then he got pissed off because he didn't get inducted into the Hall of Fame before Royce and me? Where does he think he's coming from? He's not God. The guy is not even close to it. In fact, he's like a dog. He's not a god, he's a dog. He's one of those kind of guys who walks around, talks fast because he's jealous of me; he's jealous because of my success, he's jealous of what I've got, he wants to be me. That's what he wants. He wants to have what I have, he wants to be me. Dan Severn is a punk. Dan Severn is a guy who stands behind his Mom and talks trash. Dan's behind his little girlfriend and talks trash. That's the only thing he knows how to do -- is talk. Now, let's see if Dan Severn can talk the talk or walk the walk. I'll put out a challenge to him right now. Any time he wants to step up and fight me, that's an open challenge. He can fight me any time. If he wants to come to my gym, it's there. If he wants me to come to his gym, it's there.

This Monday Ken Shamrock will share his thoughts UFC 46 exclusively on BoxingInsider.com, in the following weeks Ken will comment on the Lions Den, UFC, the launch of his new website and more! To keep up on the latest with Ken Shamrock, check out his exclusive column on BoxingInsider.com.

Corkscrewed
01-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Why don't you become a news reporter and post this stuff on the main page? :D

wrestling_god
01-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Why don't you become a news reporter and post this stuff on the main page? :Dlol good idea.....who do you talk to for a job around here? :wtf:

Rob
01-15-2004, 07:13 PM
They already have other people who are capable of copying and pasting on the main page so they don't need him.

Head
01-15-2004, 07:15 PM
<TABLE borderColor=#a8000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Chris Sabin Speaks On His X Title Win, Ultimate X 1 & 2, More

By Tim Brown (tim@w3bsite.com) on January 12, 2004 at 10:24 PM EST</B> Show: The Interactive Interview (Courtesy of ProWrestling.com)
Guests: Chris Sabin & Frankie Kazarian
Date: 13th January 2004
Your Hosts: Daniel Edler & James Walsh
Recap by: James Walsh & Daniel Edler

[NOTE: You need the Real One Player to hear the show, which you can download by Clicking Here (http://uk.real.com/freeplayer_r1p.html)]

The Interactive Interview is a revolutionary concept in the world of broadcasting. While we always can be considered the wave of the future, we really should be this week as we present "The Show of the Future" with guests Frankie Kazarian and the new NWA TNA X Division Champion, Chris Sabin.

This is Chris Sabin's first in depth interview since capturing the X title just a few days prior in Ultimate X2. We also catch up with Frankie Kazarian and get his take on the initial Ultimate X match.

Chris Sabin

-- Chris says he is sore after the Ultimate X2 match. His back is sore but otherwise he feels good.

-- "I didn't think it was ever going to come down," said Sabin about the X belt from the match mentioned above. He added, "I had a death grip on that thing. There was no way I was coming down without it."

-- The last Ultimate X match saw 2 pauses in order to put the belt back up in the cross of the X. To avoid this happening again, they put electrical tape on the belt. "Electrical tape isn't that strong. I guess they assumed if I hung from it, it'd break, " said Sabin. It took a good 5 to 10 seconds to break.

-- Sabin has been a wrestling fan for as long as he can remember. Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior were his two favorites as a kid. Later, Bret Hart became his favorite. In later years and to this day, Dean Malenko is his favorite.

-- Growing up, Sabin always wanted to be a wrestler. It was always his dream and he followed it.

-- Sabin played soccer, ran track, and wrestled in school.

-- Sabin had trained at a school for a stint but it ended up folding. He was refereed to Scott D’Amore who finished up his training.

-- When asked about his first match, he says "the only thing I can really recall is how nervous I was."

-- Sabin has been wrestling just over 3 years."

-- Sabin was the NWA Great Lakes Heavyweight Champion. Other than winning the belt, Sabin shares little by way of memory of holding that title. "The company kind of stopped running shows," said Sabin. James and Dan then proclaim that Sabin is indeed still the NWA Great Lakes Heavyweight Champion!

-- In the eyes of the fans, Sabin wants to be considered a cruiserweight. "It's always been considered a curse to be a cruiserweight," said Sabin. But, he does not feel he is big enough to be considered a heavyweight.

-- Daniel then asks Sabin his take on the WWE's attitude towards cruiserweights. "The two examples I can give you are Paul London and Spanky who are two of the best wrestlers North America has to offer and they're not even getting used on TV. I don't really know how everything is run there, but I can give you that as an example," said Sabin.

-- Sabin would not entertain an offer from the WWE right now due to a long-term contract with NWA TNA. But, he would certainly like to go there in the future. "It's hard to turn your back on something you grew up watching. It's hard to turn your back on something you wanted to do since you were a kid. So, I would consider it," Sabin said.

-- The XWF tag titles that Sabin held is not the same XWF that Jimmy Hart ran and operated. "It was a small promotion here in Michigan," said Sabin.

-- Everybody is "cool" backstage at TNA. "As it went on, everyone became just like a family," Sabin said.

-- He loved being given the X title the first time. He also loved being put in an angle by joining SEX. He does say he wishes he could have faced Red one on one, though.

-- The WWA tour was something he looks back upon fondly. "They hadn't had wrestling in New Zealand in many years so the crowd was really into what we were doing, plus, it was my first time in front of a really big crowd," said Sabin. He feels the match with Jerry Lynn, Johnny Swinger, and Frankie Kazarian that made it on the pay per view may have been his best match to date.

-- When asked about Vince Russo, Sabin says, "I really don't have anything bad to say about him. A lot of people do, I don't."

-- "The first time we actually got to hang up there was when the match actually started," said Sabin when asked for his thoughts on the original Ultimate X match. Michael Shane, Frankie Kazarian, and Sabin himself were flown in early to prepare for the match. They had poles rather than the giant lighting grids that you saw in both Ultimate X matches. Kazarian reached up to hang from one of the wires and the pile it was attached to bent in. "Everybody was freaking out," said Sabin. But, it turned out to be good in his opinion.

-- The Interactive Interview is the very first to bring you Chris Sabin since his Ultimate X2 victory capturing the X title, as said directly to us by Sabin himself, just like we were first to bring you Michael Shane after his win in the original Ultimate X match.

-- A ring announcer at a Michigan show kept calling Sabin "The Future." On the website promoting upcoming shows, he'd advertise "The Future" Chris Sabin. Sabin liked the name and it ended up sticking.

-- When asked about the Super X tournament, Sabin said, "That was one of the best things I've done in my career." He added, "Being able to work with Juventud
was really cool. I'm not that old. I mean, I'm only 21. So, I remember sitting in high school watching WCW Nitro and seeing Juventud on there. Just to be able to wrestle him was really cool."

-- When asked about Ring of Honor, "I always enjoy working for them. The fans there are great because they always appreciate wrestling ... Wrestling more than anything else."

-- Sabin was not at the Ring of Honor show when the Teddy Hart incident discussed heavily on The Interactive Interview took place. He says, "I wish I was just so I could have seen what happened."

-- When you listen to the audio, you can also hear Sabin's upcoming events calendar read on the air. Download the audio at http://www.theinteractiveinterview.com. (http://www.theinteractiveinterview.com./)

-- http://www.chrissabin.com (http://www.chrissabin.com/) is up and running. You can keep up with the latest in Chris Sabin's career. You can also book him for shows through that site or at http://www.tnabookings.com. (http://www.tnabookings.com./)

-- James asks, "If you were to put together a "Best of Chris Sabin" video, what would be on the tape?" Sabin says one of his matches with Truth Martini would be on the tape. Also, his match with AJ Styles from IWC a month and a half ago would make the tape as well as his match with Kazarian from the Super X tournament, his TNA match with Paul London, and the 4 way dance with Jerry Lynn, Johnny Swinger, and Frankie Kazarian at the WA tour would as well.

We then do "Word Associations" with names like Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Jarrett, Trinity, Michael Shane, Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, and many more!

Frankie Kazarian

-- Frankie has been working locally in Southern California recently, and plans on going back to Japan for Zero-One at the end of the month.

-- As a young child he was a fan of Tito Santana, Hulk Hogan and Ricky Steamboat, and then as he got older he enjoyed Bret & Owen Hart, Shawn Michaels & Sean Waltman.

-- His first match was really unexpected, and he had no time to get nervous, as he wasn’t supposed to be wrestling. A guy on the show had car trouble and couldn’t make it. There were a couple of thousand people at the show, and he thinks that it was the perfect way to make his debut as it was a big test for him.

-- In his earlier years he worked for feds like EWF (Empire Wrestling Federation), started teaming with Nova on the indy scene, and UPW who he’s been with since. Daniel brings up how he sometimes deputises as a trainer for UPW schools, which Kazarian says he really enjoys.

-- On the topic of Nova, Frankie still talks to him on a weekly basis and really feels he should have been on television in WWE a long time ago.

-- Kazarian said he’d be lying if it wasn’t a goal of his to go to WWE, and even though he hasn’t been on TV for a while he’s happy where he’s at now, working places such as NWA:TNA where he’s under contract.

-- Nothing really came of all of his dark matches and TV tapings. They just told him good work, keep on doing what he’s doing.

-- Talk then turns to Frankie’s WWA Tour match with Sabin, Jerry Lynn and Johnny Swinger. It’s not only one of Sabin’s favourites, but is one of Kazarian’s too. “The crowd was very very hot, and it was just a very good match, very very fun”.

-- Frankie says he really hopes to see Jerry return to TNA as soon as possible.

-- Scott D’Amore and Glenn Gilberti put in good words for him in TNA and he was brought in pretty much right away. Speaking on his pretty immediate push in the company to a title match with AJ Styles, Frankie exclaimed how talented Styles is.

-- During that match however, Styles’ Styles Clash went horribly wrong; “botched moves you know, this aint ballet its wrestling”. He says luckily he’s alive to talk about it.

-- The way that Frankie got the nickname The Future was that before he got into wrestling he envisioned that name for himself. He had a logo and everything. Another factor was that he always was a big fan of the “Back To The Future” trilogy.

-- Of course, since Ultimate X 2 was last week on NWA:TNA, James now asks Frankie for his thoughts on the first Ultimate X that he, Michael Shane and Chris Sabin was involved in. He says they got nothing but positive feedback from it and feels proud to have been a part of it.

-- On the topic of future gimmick matches to be in, he cant think of anything original, but he’ll perform in anything they throw at him.

-- Before he was taken off of television, Frankie was just entering a gimmick as a ladies man. That idea was a combination of an idea he had and what the writing team wanted for him. This was during the spell where the writers wanted to add more character to some of the X Division guys.

-- He’s not sure why he’s not on TNA now. They’re always trying to switch things up and bring in new faces but he’s really not sure why he hasn’t been on.

-- Frankie clears up a rumor about his involvement with the Learning Channel’s Wrestling Reality show. He was offered something by the group, but he had a scheduling conflict that day. However, they still threw his name out there as being a part of it – he never was!

-- Fans who want more information about Frankie can check out www.thefuturefrankiekazarian.com, which is the same resource anybody looking to book Frankie can use.

-- We then roll into word associations with names such as Shark Boy, Christopher Daniels, Rob Van Dam, Sean Waltman, Jeff Jarrett and many more. The answers to these can only be known by listening to the audio of the show.

-- Frankie then gives out a message to all of his fans listening to the show, and one to the hosts.

-- The interview itself closes off with a question on whether anybody’s ever told Frankie how much he looks like Antonio Banderas. Frankie says he gets that almost every day. Daniel then asks if he’s ever thought about going in as a celebrity look-alike, and while he’s not too sure about that, the idea of acting is something he really wants to follow and he’s been doing some acting workshops, and has decided to look into that a lot more in 2004.

-- We then move into our after-show recap where the hosts talk about such things as upcoming interview names and give their thoughts on “The Show Of The Future” that you just read the transcript of.

***We at The Interactive Interview are very keen to know if readers enjoy the product we, and this website, provide you with in these regular interviews. We also like feedback on each individual interview and what bits you liked and didn’t like or felt could’ve been added. Thus, please send through feedback (positive or negative) to us at daniel@theinteractiveinterview.com (daniel@theinteractiveinterview.com) & tiikingofnoise@hotmail.com. (tiikingofnoise@hotmail.com)

<LI>To Download The Show In Streaming Media: Click Here (http://www.theinteractiveinterview.com/cgi-bin/load.cgi?shows/archives/sabinkazarian.ram)
<LI>To Download The Show To Your Desktop: Click Here (http://www.theinteractiveinterview.com/cgi-bin/load.cgi?shows/archives/sabinkazarian.rm)

Click Here To Go To The Official Website Of The Interactive Interview [>>] (http://www.theinteractiveinterview.com/cgi-bin/track/track.cgi?tim)

Send feedback to tim@w3bsite.com (tim@w3bsite.com)

<CENTER>[ tpww.net (http://www.tpww.net/) | send news/results (http://www.tpww.net/misc/sendresults.html) | discuss (http://www.tpwwforums.com/) | headlines (http://www.tpww.net/headlines/) ]</CENTER>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<CENTER><TABLE borderColor=#a8000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%" background=http://64.227.53.186/tpww/images/backline.gif><CENTER>http://64.227.53.186/tpww/images/features.gif</CENTER> (http://www.tpww.net/features/)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER><CENTER><TABLE borderColor=#a8000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

Column: What it's all About (1/14) (http://www.tpww.net/features/1074112607.html)
Is Smackdown receiving second class treatment? I think so... >>> (http://www.tpww.net/features/1074112607.html)
Captions: WWE Raw (1/12) (http://www.tpww.net/features/1074057739.html)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></CENTER>

Head
01-15-2004, 07:17 PM
By Triple A (TripleA99@aol.com) on January 15, 2004 at 2:17 AM EST</B>

There are more rumors of a huge Chris Benoit push on the horizon. This time, rumors are that Benoit will be moving over to the Raw roster sometime soon, according to Dave Scherer. As of now, Benoit is scheduled to be taking on Triple H on a WWE Raw tour of Japan after the Royal Rumble.

Again, as reported yesterday, we may see Benoit win the Royal Rumble and go on to face Triple H at WrestleMania for the title. But of course, it's just speculation and rumor at this time.

Edge is expected to return to action from his neck injury soon, most likely in the next couple of months. However, Edge's upcoming return has sparked some backstage controversy, according to Dave Scherer. Both Raw and Smackdown creative teams are battling for Edge. He was a Smackdown superstar before his injury, but the Raw team reportedly wants him bad. However, he may end up on Smackdown, since they are in need of a big babyface wrestler.

Another management/talent meeting took place at Raw on Monday, with Vince McMahon and Jim Ross "speaking to the troops", according to Dave Scherer. They were basically told the same thing as the Smackdown staff from last Tuesday, i.e. times are tough, you need to step up, etc.

Wrestlers were reportedly told to look at the recent Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels match to see what their definition of a "good match" is, and were told to step up and seize opportunities. However, some wrestlers resented this, of course, since many of them receive absolutely no opportunities and it is difficult to step up when you are given no television time, while the Triple H/HBK match got 30 minutes.

In a funny and interesting note from the meeting, Vince McMahon told wrestlers that it shocks him when wrestlers have the nerve to turn their backs on their opponents during matches. Many wrestlers apparently found this funny, since one person who is probably the most guilty of this is Triple H.

The meetings are expected to be a weekly thing, as another was held at the Smackdown tapings on Tuesday. Nothing really noteworthy from the Smackdown meeting, though.

wrestling_god
01-15-2004, 07:20 PM
AND this has what to do with Ken Shamrocks wrestling return?

mzda_rx7
01-15-2004, 07:22 PM
thats alot of long posts in a row

Corkscrewed
01-15-2004, 07:25 PM
AND this has what to do with Ken Shamrocks wrestling return?
They already have other people who are capable of copying and pasting on the main page so they don't need him.

He's proving he can copy and paste from a web site just as well as you. :)

wrestling_god
01-15-2004, 07:29 PM
He's proving he can copy and paste from a web site just as well as you. :) well couldnt he do it to tie in with the topic?? Also not everything comes from one site or all copied.

Head
01-15-2004, 07:30 PM
credit to tpww.net btw

wrestling_god
01-15-2004, 07:34 PM
credit to tpww.net btw
uh no...

this came from boxinginsider.com

Ricky
01-15-2004, 08:19 PM
I've been thinking for a while that he should face Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 20 in an ankle lock match, where to win you have to make the other person tap out using an ankle lock. I'd like to see that.

Rob
01-15-2004, 08:27 PM
well couldnt he do it to tie in with the topic?? Also not everything comes from one site or all copied.

Seriously, what have you ever posted as your own? I do it very, very ocassionally because I'll find something out before the big websites report it. If it's on the main page then why post it here unless you are only doing it to boost your post count?

wrestling_god
01-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Seriously, what have you ever posted as your own? I do it very, very ocassionally because I'll find something out before the big websites report it. If it's on the main page then why post it here unless you are only doing it to boost your post count?
riiiiiiggggghhhht geez Rob your ontop of things arnt you? Your the man you so figured it out...lets give Rob a round of applause....anyone? Rob have you read my topic post? All of them? if you have youd see only 25% are not my own but are of things not posted. Do you think this is the only forum i write in? I get info from other places and put it here but most of the topics i have are opinions.

Rob
01-15-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm the man? News to me pal. You didn't copy and paste this from somewhere did you?

wrestling_god
01-15-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm the man? News to me pal. You didn't copy and paste this from somewhere did you?
not likely i dont think anyone thinks highly enough of you to say that i was just trying to make you feel superior looks like it worked simple minds are so easy to toy with :nono: