PDA

View Full Version : Zelda:Orcarina of Time Question/problem...

Kris P Lettus
05-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Ok, I recently (re)bought a copy of this at Game Trader.. Dominating it so far without dying.. I get to the Water Temple, beat the "Refection Link", get the long shot, and see the box of time.. Here's the problem, the box of time won't dissapear.. I've played the song of time 37 different times and it still there..

WTF

I can not beat the level without making it disapear..

WTF

Is it a glitch??

I'm stumped and frustrated..

Any help??

:mad:

King Jericho
05-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Hmmm, think I had a similar problem when playing through it not long ago, but not to your extent. Erm, have you tried saving and quitting the game then going back in? Or tried playing the Song of Time on top of or behind/far side of the Stone?

Kris P Lettus
05-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Saved it a few days ago and came back to it today..

Tried it from every angle..

:wavesad:

King Jericho
05-25-2005, 03:43 AM
Ok so you fight and defeat Dark Link and get the long-shot from the chest, the Blue Temple of Time stone is in the floor behind the chest yeah?

Have you done everything else there is to do in the temple up to this point? Cos it's not a definate thing but you could need to do something else. This is weird though.

Kris P Lettus
05-25-2005, 03:53 AM
There are two boxes left in the whole temple.. I've tried every single way to get to them.. One is behind a locked door.. The only way I see to get to the second is through that Box of Time.. There is a second way, but it's in the room with the swirling water with the dragon statue (you had to shoot a crystal from under water, hookshot to a platform and get under a gate before it closes to get a key).. In that room there's a passage up near the ceiling but it's filled with a rock.. On the map, the second bow is right there.. It's the exit to where I need to be..

:'(

King Jericho
05-25-2005, 05:21 AM
I do remember something similar happening to me, but like it worked after a 3rd attempt or something like that. Have you tired standing on the stone while playing the Ocarina?

When you stand near/infront/behind the stone and get out the Ocarina of Time does the little 'Jingle' come up, that happens throughout the game? Because when you get out the Ocarina at a certain time (Like in-front of the Waterfall to get into Zora's Domain) that little tune plays to indicate that you need to play a song and that its important. I think the tune that indicates this plays when you get out your Ocarina out for the stones of time.

Tornado
05-25-2005, 07:07 AM
I HATE the Water Temple, took me about a week to get through the first time I played it...:mad:

King Jericho
05-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Yeah I'm not a big fan of it, but it's hard so makes me love the game even more. The thing about the Water Temple is that it's hard but also that you keep having to go into the menu staus screen to keep taking your Iron Boots on and off :mad: that's what fuck's me off about it.

Savio
05-25-2005, 05:16 PM
I remember the second time I played through that temple I couldn't find that stupid key under the floating platform.

Savio
05-25-2005, 05:17 PM
and "reflection link is a bitch to beat when he has the mirror shield"

El Vaquero de Infierno
05-25-2005, 05:50 PM
I HATE the Water Temple

Word

road doggy dogg
05-25-2005, 05:57 PM
I know this doesn't help you much, but OoT's Water Temple is my least favourite level in any LoZ game EVER. HATE that vile wretch of a dungeon. RAR

King Jericho
05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
It's mad easier to beat Dark Link, just use the Megaton Hammer. He doesn't have it, so you hit him, he'll reappear behind you and simple hit him again.

Shadow
05-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Try playing the song right behind the chest. That's how I got past them.

Kris P Lettus
05-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Finally worked.. I left the temple and came back and it worked on the first try..

Tat was the most frustrated I've ever been towards a game..

It's mad easier to beat Dark Link, just use the Megaton Hammer. He doesn't have it, so you hit him, he'll reappear behind you and simple hit him again.

While trying to figure out this problem I read some walkthroughs and it kept saying how hard Dark Link was.. And how you should use Din's Fire and all this bullshit..

Megaton Hammer=domination

He never even hit me and it took like 15 seconds..

:-\

King Jericho
05-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah Dark Link is piss easy with the megaton Hammer, he never touches you.

:love:

I can't remember how I found it out, but I was probably pissed off because he was blocking everything I used, then just tried the Goron Hammer as it's just another weapon in the inventory.

Y2Ant
05-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Fuck the megaton hammer, Biggoron's Sword > Dark Link :cool:

I sometimes had a bit of trouble with those blocks in general, sometimes you just have to stand in a certain place to get it to work.

King Jericho
05-26-2005, 11:49 AM
Just gotta listen out for the little tune.

McLegend
05-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Frist time I beat the Water temple took me 1 weekend.

Second time I beat it which was like 3.5 year after the first time It took 3 hours to beat it. :cool:

Kris P Lettus
05-27-2005, 12:32 AM
[b Biggoron's Sword [/b]

Could someone walk me through getting that.. I remember it has something to do with an old woman and getting dude some eyedrops..

Kris P Lettus
05-27-2005, 12:33 AM
And this time beating the Water Temple was mad easy minus not being able to remove that block..

:cool:

Y2Ant
05-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Which item do you have in the trade sequence?

I can't remember most of it :(

Kris P Lettus
05-28-2005, 01:14 AM
None..

Y2Ant
05-28-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda5TradingSequence.php :cool:

Kris P Lettus
05-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Wooooo..

:love:

Not gonna do that shit today cause I just bought Ninja Turtles III: Manhatan Project and Duck Tales II for my NES..

Y2Ant
05-29-2005, 12:58 AM
the first TMNT platform game on NES > all

Kris P Lettus
05-29-2005, 06:40 AM
the first TMNT platform game on NES > all

I own that also..

The second is uber hard to find because it was an arcade game and they didn't make many for NES.. "Manhattan Project" is somewhat rare too.. It cost like $20..

:wavesad:

King Jericho
05-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Yeah that game ruled, though the electrocuting sea-weed used to piss me off in the water levels.

Jaton
05-29-2005, 10:18 AM
I remember the second time I played through that temple I couldn't find that stupid key under the floating platform.

I was stuck for like a year on that.

Kris P Lettus
06-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Who do I give the bunny hood(third mask) to??

Vietnamese Crippler
06-04-2005, 04:06 AM
The mailman that runs around in Hyrule Field

road doggy dogg
06-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Yeah I think he's there like near dawn, running near Lon Lon Ranch

Kris P Lettus
06-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh yeah..

Thanks..