PDA

View Full Version : Check out the band I'm playing for

Joeleosis
05-27-2005, 05:30 PM
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/ilvestgrol">Ilvestgrol</a>

Hey what's going on. Haven't been on here for a while, been incredibly busy with work, school, my girl, and of course, this band. My buddy Bryan has been looking for a session bassist for a while now, so I figured I'd give the band a shot. Its sort of a blend of thrash and black metal, we like to call it Wasteland metal because basically Castro Valley is a fucking wasteland of a town and we are trying to build a style that's beyond your basic grim and kvlt, blood, guts, and worshipping Satan style of metal. There's four songs up the on the site and you can buy the demo on blackmetal.com... OR you can email me and I'll send you a free copy.

Its nothing incredibly technical or flashy. Unfortunately we are without a drummer right now because the normal guy's hella flakey, so we've been stuck using a drum machine for the demos. But we have a few people looking to audition so it should work out in the end. I hope it does anyway, because Andrew (the guitarist) is from Norway and some of the ties he has back there wants to put the band in the Hole In The Sky festival this summer.

Anywho, let me know if you enjoy the band and I'll hook you up with a demo :y:

The Destroyer
05-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Ugh, Myspace. It's player disagrees with my connection, so I'll have to go without. :(

Ninti the Mad
05-27-2005, 07:33 PM
So thats what you've been busy with.

Nice to hear from you, man.

road doggy dogg
05-27-2005, 09:16 PM
<3 Joel

Not really my type of music but I'll give it a listen 4 u

mitchables
05-27-2005, 09:52 PM
That Beetlejuice kid is fucking everywhere. I see him on all the emo kids' profiles all the time. MySpace is so random. We signed up there and within a week we had like 25 people we didn't even know asking to be our friend. Ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I, too, am trapped in the 1990s world of 56k, so I can't do the MySpace player thing either. :( Downloadable and I'm there though, anything to support the eosis. :love: :love: :love:

Danny Electric
05-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Sounds cool but why does everyone say Hail or hailz to you?

Joeleosis
05-28-2005, 06:28 AM
Its a black metal thing. We try to stray away from the whole typical corpsepaint and trendy black metal vocab, but a lot of it is fun to play around with. Not for the gimmick aspect, but all for a good laugh. Like walking through public and randomly screaming, "HAIL ILVESTGROL" is good times.

Joeleosis
05-28-2005, 06:30 AM
BTW I was informed today that our band is number one on myspace in the metal rankings or whatever. Dunno where those stats came from, but sounds good to me. :y:

As for everybody who can't get a stream from the myspace player, I'm going to make an attempt to rip the demo on this shitty computer so everyone can check it out. Also, if you have any friends who enjoy metal or even hard rock/punk/hardcore, just anyone who may take a liking to Ilvestgrol, please direct them to the site. I will suck cock for anyone whose a fan :shifty:

MJD
05-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey Joel :wave:

Ninti the Mad
05-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Send me a demo. :'(

YOUR Hero
05-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Awesome.

Glad you are doing productive things.

bigdaddysuperfreak
05-28-2005, 12:26 PM
:y: rock on :y:

JJ Moore
05-28-2005, 04:58 PM
lol, I say tell the guys to concentrate alot more on the music rather then the image, swap that sword for a guitar.

Get some awesome music behind you and then portray yourselves as the sword weilding, mace swiging gods of wasteland metal.

Sickboy
05-28-2005, 06:05 PM
So am I suppose to be able to download your songs online somehow? :?:

The Destroyer
05-28-2005, 06:33 PM
You can only stream them via MySpace's shitty player.

Sickboy
05-29-2005, 04:39 AM
Okay

Joeleosis
06-02-2005, 07:30 PM
lol, I say tell the guys to concentrate alot more on the music rather then the image, swap that sword for a guitar.

Get some awesome music behind you and then portray yourselves as the sword weilding, mace swiging gods of wasteland metal.
We don't waste our time doing that corny black metal shit, they were bored one day and one of our photographer friends did them up in corpse paint and took some pictures.

We're not an epic, Norse black metal band aiming for some sort of pathetic image, we're just a couple of guys with a thirst for metal trying to get on the scene. We are perfectly happy with the style of music that has been developed, not looking to jump into something technical.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
06-06-2005, 01:47 AM
My music is the best.

THE BEST THING EVER (http://devnet.thetma.com/cd.shtml)

Disturbed316
06-06-2005, 03:08 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/warriornemesis/headbang.gif

Baio
06-06-2005, 03:38 PM
This is ok bue I have to say - if you're gonna create your own style do something different. However that being said - it might be hard for me to get a good feel for it with those recordings, so honestly its hard to tell. Also it reminds alot of this band I know called Rizen, who seems to be like your band but a little better.
http://www.myspace.com/rizen

Baio
06-06-2005, 03:39 PM
also I am great at writing band bios so if you need one let me know

JJ Moore
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Yeah those Rizen guy's do sound better. Fair play to you though Joel, the music scene that you guy's are falling into, it's hard to be original because alot of the band's DO sound the same. Random fast picked rythm guitar plus blast beat's = Uninspiring and unoriginal, lol can you guess im not a huge Black Metal fan. Althoguh saying that, Behemoth pwn.

JJ Moore
06-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Some band's that are worth a mention of looking up are Goratory, Nailed, Condemned and Desecretion. The last 3 are from over the pond this side and Goratory over from the US. These guy's got it right...