PDA

View Full Version : WWE Presents More E-Mail Spam: John Cena Too Hot For MTV

James Steele
05-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Too Bad, Bad for MTV

WWE Superstar John Cena's music video "Bad, Bad Man" is way too
hot for MTV! With its over-the-top action, MTV refuses to air this
hilarious parody of the classic 80's TV show, The A Team.

NO ONE should miss this!

*Check out the video link and forward it to ALL of your friends*

Bad, Bad Man Video:
56K (http://wmsvod.wwe.com/smackdown/200505/05badbadman56.wmv)
300K (http://wwe.ed10.net/h/9KHN/WOEA/CM/1FL1Z)

Forward to a Friend (http://f2f2.ed4.net/f2f/7AZOUC/WOEA/0OLTLI/EOZA9?e=j_steele13@yahoo.com)

You can also strengthen your link in the "Chain Gang" by demanding
your local radio station play Bad, Bad Man!

Listed below are some radio stations and their request line phone numbers

City

Los Angeles-------------------Power 106 --------- 818-845-1059
New York ---------------------Power 105 ----------800-585-1051
Chicago-----------------------107.5 --------------312-591-1075
Minneapolis-------------------B96 ----------------651-989-4296
Boston------------------------Jam'n 94.5 ---------617-931-1945
San Francisco-----------------106 KMEL -----------800-955-KMEL
Washington, DC----------------WKYS 93.9 ----------202-432-WKYS
Boston -----------------------Hot 97.7------------617-931-1977
Philadelphia------------------Power 99------------800-669-99FM
Atlanta-----------------------Hot 107.9-----------404-741-1079

John Cena's CD - "You Can't See Me" Available Now (http://wwe.ed10.net/h/JFA6/WOEA/CM/1FL1Z)!

To ensure delivery of your WWE emails, simply add
world_wrestling_entertainment@wwe.ed10.net to your Address Book.
Use this link (http://wwe.ed10.net/h/RHK3/WOEA/CM/1FL1Z) for step-by-step instructions.

You are receiving this email because you have indicated that you
wish to hear about the latest news from WWE. If you received this
in error or If you would no longer like to receive messages from
World Wrestling Entertainment, please use this link (http://wwe.ed10.net/us/7AZOUC/C5/WOEA/1FL1Z/al9zdGVlbGUxM0B5YWhvby5jb20=/) to unsubscribe.

The names of all World Wrestling Entertainment televised and live
programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans and
wrestling moves and all World Wrestling Entertainment logos are
trademarks which are the exclusive property of World Wrestling
Entertainment, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their
respective owners.

© 2005 World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc .All Rights Reserved
1241 East Main Street, Stamford, CT 06902 203.352.8600
Copyright http://www.wwe.com/help/copyright/ (http://wwe.ed10.net/h/CI85/WOEA/CM/1FL1Z)
Privacy Policy http://www.wwe.com/help/privacy/ (http://wwe.ed10.net/h/37N8/WOEA/CM/1FL1Z)
Terms of Use http://www.wwe.com/help/terms/ (http://wwe.ed10.net/h/WOQ1/WOEA/CM/1FL1Z)

``````````````````````

I actually think it has to do with MTV not showing music videos anymore. Either that, or they don't want to remind people of a time when MTV showed music videos. OR it could be because it blows. You decide.

James Steele
05-27-2005, 05:44 PM
I would unsubscribe, but their shitty emails give me instant comedy gold thread-wise.

M. Banana
05-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Too bad the thread's been dead for five hours, eh?

ANYWAYS: I think the reason MTV won't play it is because it sucks. Most of the music on MTV is a hit, why would they play shit like that?

Shadow
05-27-2005, 11:10 PM

ANYWAYS: I think the reason MTV won't play it is because it sucks. Most of the music on MTV is a hit, why would they play shit like that?

....MTV plays music videos?

mike627
05-27-2005, 11:31 PM
....MTV plays music videos? At one point in it's history it did. :nono:

SuperSlim
05-27-2005, 11:54 PM
I didn't even know theyu stopped

Shadow
05-27-2005, 11:56 PM
At one point in it's history it did. :nono:

I totally hate TRL.

Londoner
05-28-2005, 12:06 AM
I got this same email, i don't even remember subscribing, though this did make me laugh.

Kane Knight
05-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Remember when they played more than 5 videos a day?

Corkscrewed
05-28-2005, 12:36 AM
My thoughts exactly. :lol:

FourFifty
05-28-2005, 12:37 AM
Most of the music on MTV is a hit

How about you go fuck yourself and listen to Good Sucklet? I know this is a touch beyond the wrestling forum, and I'm more than sure that anyone who watched TRL within the last 2 years can say this, but MTV does not play good music. They lost touch with their roots, and most of what they play isn't music.

The fact that you think MTV plays hit music makes me sad :'( :nono:

Edit- Anyone who thinks that what's on TRL is "good music" is a god damn trend whore and no one should wear a "vote for pedro" shirt because that movie sucked as much as MTV. Since Paris Hilton wore a vote for being a trendwhore shirt, that movie, and MTV, can die.

Shaggy
05-28-2005, 07:23 AM
All TRL plays is what the little girls want that are in middle school. Its always the same old rap or the big boy bands or Justin Timberlake. It doesnt really depend on the music. Just on if the singer is hot. If the singer is hot then they the girls will vote for it.

Yea it pisses me off when a channel like MTV only plays about 3 hours of videos a day...not counting crappy TRL....and those hours are like from 4-7am. Sure I like the other shows that come on there like Cribs, Next, Room Raiders......but I want my damn videos. Many nights I spent just watching MTV and recording music videos. Sad yes but it what I did at the time.

but back on subject....

I dont think they want to show the John Cena video because its one of the worst vids I have ever seen. I get that they were trying to make it funny but they screwed up. Its not good....and the only people who care about it are people that watch wrestling and WWE already shoves it down our throats showing it on Smackdown or on there website or email.

James Steele
05-28-2005, 07:32 AM
Actually, I checked my digital cable schedule for MTV. Over 48 hours they will only play 2 hours of music videos. (I don't count the TRL and other countdown shows since they usually just play 10 seconds of the video :roll: ). If I did count those, it would make it 4 hours.

I also was at a friend's house recently and found out that MTV2 doesn't play music either.

M. Banana
05-28-2005, 08:18 AM
The fact that you think MTV plays hit music makes me sad

They do play hits you stupid mother fucker. Let's take a look at a few of the songs on the top 100 now... shall we?

2) Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
3) Oh - Ciara feat. Ludacris
4) Just A Little Bit - 50 Cent
6) Hate It Or Love It - The Game feat. 50 Cent
13) Incomplete - Backstreet Boys
16) Candy Shop - 50 Cent feat. Olivia
20) Wait (The Whisper Song) - Ying Yang Twins
22) Sugar (Gimme Some) - Trick Daddy feat. Ludacris, Lil Kim, & Cee-Lo
24) Errtime - Nelly feat. Jung Tru & King Jacob
25) Obsession (No Es Amor) - Frankie J feat. Baby Bash

I believe I've seen all of those videos on MTV at one point or another.

M. Banana
05-28-2005, 08:20 AM
MTV2 plays music. But that's dying too. And I thought MTV2 was supposed to be like a Rock station or whatever... what the fuck happened to that?! Now every day it's The Hip-Hop Show, T-Minus Hip-Hop, Direct Effect, Monster Mix..if I wanted that I'd fucking watch BET.

I like hip-hop, don't get me wrong. But we don't need 851981q stations that have it...

DAMN we're off topic.

blake639raw
05-28-2005, 08:26 AM
How about you go fuck yourself and listen to Good Sucklet? I know this is a touch beyond the wrestling forum, and I'm more than sure that anyone who watched TRL within the last 2 years can say this, but MTV does not play good music. They lost touch with their roots, and most of what they play isn't music.

Edit- Anyone who thinks that what's on TRL is "good music" is a god damn trend whore and no one should wear a "vote for pedro" shirt because that movie sucked as much as MTV. Since Paris Hilton wore a vote for being a trendwhore shirt, that movie, and MTV, can die. I don't think anyone said it was "good" music, just "hit"music, meaning that it's popular and sells alot of copies. You can't deny THAT, even if everything they play is crap.

M. Banana
05-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Also, according to your logic. If we the music TRL plays, then we are a trendwhore?

You my friend, are an idiot. :y:

James Steele
05-28-2005, 08:33 AM
I think I should PM Trips to move this to music forum. :lol:

M. Banana
05-28-2005, 08:38 AM
Nahh.. it's better here.

John Cena sucks. :y:

FourFifty
05-28-2005, 09:45 AM
Also, according to your logic. If we the music TRL plays, then we are a trendwhore?

You my friend, are an idiot. :y:

And you, mon ami, possess the articulation skills of a second grader. “If we the music TRL plays, then we a are a trendwhore?” Can someone please translate?

FourFifty
05-28-2005, 09:55 AM
They do play hits you stupid mother fucker. Let's take a look at a few of the songs on the top 100 now... shall we?

I believe I've seen all of those videos on MTV at one point or another.

If you have seen that list of videos, stop watching MTV. Get a radio. Read a book. Start a hobby. Get laid. Write a screen play. Play more videogames.

I have a buddy who watches NOTHING but MTV, and he hasn't heard of so many good bands and singers. David Lee Roth, The Beach Boys, Opeth, Frank Sinatra, HIM, he didn't know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings, Lacuna Coil, didn't know any of Guns & Roses old stuff, and the first time he heard of Pink Folyd is when he saw a shirt in JCPennys. Since he said one thing I've wished nothing but horrible ratings for MTV.

"Hey! This band is kinda cool! It's like a dark version of Evenesnece!"- Talking about Lacuna Coil.

One last note about the top 100 songs... Take that list, and shove it up your ass. Just because the lemmings enjoy it doesn't mean everyone does.

Oh, 50 Cent is on that list.....
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/234225

I guess back on the subject of WWE music, how come the WWE didn't try to get Jeff Jarrett's "hit" With My Baby Tonight or any of Fozzy's music on?

M. Banana
05-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Typos you god damned fucking moron.

And you said..
The fact that you think MTV plays hit music makes me sad

They do play HIT music. A HIT is when lots and lots of people like it. Don't get me wrong, I like HIM. They just aren't a hit.

RGWhat316
05-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah, MTV sucks. I usually listen to the radio to hear new songs by people. And since I'm mainly into Rock, I got no chance on MTV. The closest they get to Rock is Good Charlotte and Simple Plan, and I only consider them like Pop/Rock. So even when MTV shows videos, its around 4 am, and usually only includes Rap, Pop, and Pop/Rock.

I've seen the Fozzy "Enemy" video, but only online. And Cena's video was repeated enough on WWE programming.

DaveWadding
05-28-2005, 04:26 PM
"Hey! This band is kinda cool! It's like a dark version of Evenesnece!"- Talking about Lacuna Coil.

I'm just going to walk away slowly...

*whistles*

Shaggy
05-28-2005, 04:32 PM
If you have seen that list of videos, stop watching MTV. Get a radio. Read a book. Start a hobby. Get laid. Write a screen play. Play more videogames.

I wrote a screen play..... :shifty:

Not that it was directed at me

FourFifty
05-28-2005, 09:17 PM
If you want good music, get a sirius or XM radio. I was sick of MTV, sick of the local radio, and I wasn't going to sit in front of the computer and listen to on-line radio all day. You'll hear stuff before MTV gets ahold of it and rapes it (like The Killers) and a lot of stuff you normally don't hear. If you want halfassed TV, watch MTV. If you want music, geta sirius or XM radio.

Londoner
05-28-2005, 09:23 PM

The fact that MTV will play those videos and not John Cena's because his video sucks is kinda funny, and reveals how shit Cena's video actually is.(i don't know if that is the official reason for them not showing it, but what else could the reason be?)

Kane Knight
05-28-2005, 09:27 PM

Edit- Anyone who thinks that what's on TRL is "good music" is a god damn trend whore and no one should wear a "vote for pedro" shirt because that movie sucked as much as MTV. Since Paris Hilton wore a vote for being a trendwhore shirt, that movie, and MTV, can die.
Newsflash: Hit doesn't mean good. They play hit music. Doesn't mean I like it, but these songs are hits.

Hit comes from the Latin hitimus commonus moronicus, meaning "music with a lot of appeal to the retards."

Kane Knight
05-28-2005, 09:31 PM
The fact that MTV will play those videos and not John Cena's because his video sucks is kinda funny, and reveals how shit Cena's video actually is.(i don't know if that is the official reason for them not showing it, but what else could the reason be?)
MTV likes control of the products they push. So does the WWE. I'm guessing a conflict of egos/interests is partially to blame. They have NO PROBLEM showing crap, and (sadly) have shown worse stuff than Bad Bad Man.

M. Banana
05-28-2005, 09:50 PM
I agree with KK.

I mean, remember that Blue Da Boo Dee Da crap?

I'll stick to Yahoo! Launch for all my music needs.. then if I hear a song I like.. I'll download it. :y:

My Current Playlist consists of:
Breaking Benjamin
Relient K
Gorillaz
El Pus
Drowning Pool
Dead Milkmen
Group X
Linkin Park
Lamb Of God
Mudvayne
Lola Ray
Lostprophets
Mushroomhead
Papa Roach
Powerman 5000
System Of A Down
Taproot
Thousand Foot Krutch
Zebrahead

Kane Knight
05-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I mean, remember that Blue Da Boo Dee Da crap?
Eiffel 65 or something like that.

M. Banana
05-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Paris

Batsu
05-28-2005, 11:23 PM

Besides the fact that MTV is basically Clear Channel Payola Rotation, the video version -- MTV, with the weaksauce Practices and Standards team that sent Beavis and Butt-Head's "fiery" goldmine to a premature deathbed, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too pussy to show a video with that many guns (fake or not) in there uncensored...that's probably the reason why they aren't showing the video, besides the aforementioned "only these videos in rotation" silent policy.

FourFifty
05-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Lemme sum up what everyone is saying.

Fuck you fuck you fuck you.
MTV sucks.
They play hit music.
Hit music sucks.
Fuck you
This is what I listen to.
Should we be talking about Cena?
MTV sucks.
What I listen to is the only kind of music out there.
I like boy bands so I'm going to stick up for MTV without saying I like boy bands.
Fuck you.

Am I anywhere near what everyone is saying?

M. Banana
05-29-2005, 09:16 AM
God, and I thought Nervous Ferret was fucking stupid.

You got the gist of it, yeah. Two points for you. :y:

Who said they like boy bands?

No one has stuck up for MTV as of yet.

I don't remember anyone saying that their music is the only kind out there.

Nice try at an insult though.

Kane Knight
05-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Besides the fact that MTV is basically Clear Channel Payola Rotation, the video version -- MTV, with the weaksauce Practices and Standards team that sent Beavis and Butt-Head's "fiery" goldmine to a premature deathbed, is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too pussy to show a video with that many guns (fake or not) in there uncensored...that's probably the reason why they aren't showing the video, besides the aforementioned "only these videos in rotation" silent policy.
I don't think it's a silent policy.

Kane Knight
05-29-2005, 09:59 AM
God, and I thought Nervous Ferret was fucking stupid.

You got the gist of it, yeah. Two points for you. :y:

Who said they like boy bands?

No one has stuck up for MTV as of yet.

I don't remember anyone saying that their music is the only kind out there.

Nice try at an insult though.
Uhhh...MU music IS the only kind of music. :shifty:

M. Banana
05-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Mary Moo Cow

Batsu
05-29-2005, 11:41 AM
I don't think it's a silent policy.

Yeah, you're right.

If anything, Cena's video would more likely be played on MTV2 (since they actually show videos and those out of the norm), but I think their insipid Practices and Standards still apply there...despite a few throwbacks from bygone eras that existed before the hardlining.

DaveWadding
05-29-2005, 12:24 PM
If you want good music, get a sirius or XM radio. I was sick of MTV, sick of the local radio, and I wasn't going to sit in front of the computer and listen to on-line radio all day. You'll hear stuff before MTV gets ahold of it and rapes it (like The Killers) and a lot of stuff you normally don't hear. If you want halfassed TV, watch MTV. If you want music, geta sirius or XM radio.
Sirius is a beautiful thing.

Kane Knight
05-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeah, you're right.

If anything, Cena's video would more likely be played on MTV2 (since they actually show videos and those out of the norm), but I think their insipid Practices and Standards still apply there...despite a few throwbacks from bygone eras that existed before the hardlining.
For the most part, they've demanded videos be more tame. Most of the people have obliged. It doesn't hurt that the people who control MTV have a huge stranglehold on the music industry to begin with.

M. Banana
05-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I've got Sirius.. only because it came with our Dish though.

Only thing I've ever really listened to is Sirius Octane and Bam Margera's radio show.

RGWhat316
05-29-2005, 03:00 PM
I just finally saw the System Of A Down video for BYOB yesterday on MTV, albeit at 6 am.

M. Banana
05-29-2005, 03:01 PM
I saw it like.. 7541q times on MTV2... and I have it on my Computer.

Tornado
05-29-2005, 03:37 PM
LOL, he sings the first verse and thats about it. Terrible.

Kane Knight
05-29-2005, 04:08 PM
LOL, he sings the first verse and thats about it. Terrible.http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

Tornado
05-29-2005, 04:26 PM
http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gifhttp://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif
Unless i'm mistaken (which I probably am) he sings the first verse, then some other guy sings the courus, then Tha Trademarc does the rest.

James Steele
05-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Pretty much.

M. Banana
05-29-2005, 07:46 PM
:y: