PDA

View Full Version : Will Charlie Haas ever get a push?

dalegendkilla
05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin were at the height of their career, both impressive and incredibly talented. Then Shelton got drafted, beat Triple H, got a huge push and is Intercontinental Champion. At the beginning, WWE tried to keep Haas around, with Rico. But now it seems they've given up on him and have thrown him with Hardcore Holly, they can never be tag team champions. They don't go and they had no build up together. I am hoping that Haas will be drafted to RAW and feud with Shelton...or he stays on Velocity before being released. Can you ever see Charlie Haas getting a push?

The One
05-31-2005, 03:34 PM
No, honestly, Charlie just doesn't have the charisma to get that big umph push. I disagree about the comment that he ahd Hardcore could never be champs. In fact my money is betting that they WILL hold the belts at some point, but I don't see him in any major feuds or even potentially holding a singles title any time in the future. Which is a real shame since he is talented in the ring, but again nothing special.

Gouda
05-31-2005, 03:40 PM
I think Haas could at least get to US title level if he had a manager to talk for him. Maybe after Angle retires he can "coach" Haas again.

dalegendkilla
05-31-2005, 04:39 PM
I was thinking that seeing as Chris Jericho may be having a feud with Shelton and he said he'd be interviewing the first smackdown superstar drafted. If it were Haas, it could further Jericho's and Shelton's feud if Haas insults Jericho or something and Jericho is assaulting him and Shelton comes to help Haas.

Nark Order
05-31-2005, 05:25 PM
Haas doesn't deserve a push (Although I wouldn't mind one.) He's mediocre in the ring and is horrible on the mic.

He's lucky he has a job.

M. Banana
05-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Haas doesn't deserve a push (Although I wouldn't mind one.) He's mediocre in the ring and is horrible on the mic.

He's lucky he has a job.

Masters....
Hardcore....
Big Show....
Need I go on?

Shadow
05-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Will Charlie Hass ever get a push?

No because you touch yourself at night.

The CyNick
05-31-2005, 05:57 PM
Its tough to compare him to Shelton.

Shelton got a big push, whereas Haas has been pushed backwards since WGTT broke up.

The angle with Jackie actually got over, but they never did anything to follow up on it.

I think him and Shelton need each other. Shelton really doesn't have very many people to fued with, and Haas could use a program to establish him as an upper mid card guy.

If it was me, I'd put Haas on RAW, and do a quick WGTT reunion, maybe with a PPV match. And then have Haas do the turn right away. Then have Haas and Shelton trade the IC title over a few months.

I also like the idea of putting him back with Angle in a mentor/protege type role.

Nark Order
05-31-2005, 07:15 PM
Masters....
Hardcore....
Big Show....
Need I go on?
Masters is appealing solely due to his physique and can be sold well on those grounds.

Big Show is appealing solely due to his size and can be sold on that.

....Fire Holly and Haas. No need for them.

PorkSoda
05-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Haas probably wont. They might get him in an angle where he is on TV for a month like they did with Kidman and London, but then he'll just dissapear once again. He's a good wrestler though.

KingofOldSchool
05-31-2005, 09:02 PM
I kinda like where dalegendkilla is going with this, but instead of Jericho insulting Haas, he can antagonize him. Put thoughts in Haas's head like...

"Look at where Shelton's gone in the last year. He's beaten Triple H three times, he's been IC Champion for SEVEN MONTHS! He wrestled at Wrestlemania 21. And where have you been for the last year Haas? Tag teaming with lifetime curtian jerkers. While everyone has been ranting and raving about how great Shelton's doing, you've been held down and not even noticed over on Smackdown. Now you're on Raw, so are you going to make a name of yourself like Shelton has or are you going to be forever know as 'Shelton Benjamin's former tag team partner?"

Then have Haas question this for weeks, then during a tag team title match Haas turns on Benjamin.

Kane Knight
05-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Haas is damn good in the ring. Who are you trying to fool?

Marcyo
05-31-2005, 09:39 PM

Kane Knight
05-31-2005, 09:57 PM

Gouda
05-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Yes. Haas is good.

Also, I like KingofOldSchool's idea. Have Jericho use Haas against Benjamin.

Plus it would allow Jericho to act as the microphone for Haas, if only temporarily to get him initially over.

M. Banana
05-31-2005, 10:08 PM

Mr. Nerfect
06-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Charlie Haas on RAW after the draft is something I'm hoping for. I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Shelton Benjamin & Chris Benoit vs. Charlie Haas & Chris Jericho feud.

Primetime
06-01-2005, 12:27 AM
I realize on SD Hass does not show that much charisma, at least not as much as shelton, but when i saw him live at a house show, man he was on fire. He got no pops at the start of the match, but when he was tagged in and starting showing his stuff for a few secs, the place went nuts and was into him the whole match. As for his mic skills, i seem to remember some of his skits back stage with team angle that were very good, even some of his WGTT promos were better than some other wrestlers getting pushes atm.

Right now, i think the only way to get him over would be to get him on the same show with shelton and have a series of matches over a few months over the IC title. The trick would just to let them go in the ring, its worked for shelton for getting over, it can work for hass as well because he is damn good imo. I also believe that this could do wonders for giving more meaning for the IC title, just having 2 guys just fighting for it all the time, putting on some great matches. Kind of like some old WCW US, Curiser, TV title matches, i remember that those titles really meant something when WCW was just getting hot, just remember Jericho vs Rey, or Booker vs Benoit, or even DDP vs Raven, these guys all had great feuds over titles through fantastic matches and these got them over with the crowds.

Kane Knight
06-01-2005, 12:50 AM
I realize on SD Hass does not show that much charisma, at least not as much as shelton, but when i saw him live at a house show, man he was on fire.
People forget that in the WGTT, Shelton didn't exactly show off charisma either.