PDA

View Full Version : Another huge Matt Hardy match announced...!

wrestlingking
06-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Credit iwcwrestling.com

Not many men have made as many headlines this past year as former WWE Tag Team, Cruiserweight, and European champion Matt Hardy. Since being unfairly dismissed, in many people’s eyes, from his previous employer, the name “Matt Hardy” has surfaced on the upcoming live event cards, or at the very least in the rumor mills, of virtually every major promotion in existence today. It’s no different here in Western Pennsylvania, as Matt Hardy has indeed signed to make his IWC debut on Friday night, July 29 at the Monroeville Sports Center!

Back on May 10, IWCwrestling.com first broke the news that Matt Hardy is indeed IWC-bound, although an opponent had not yet been named. Days later, Hardy made it known to IWC officials that Hardy is in search of the finest competition in the world, as he made clear that this was an open challenge to any regular or semi-regular member of the IWC roster! Now, rather than make the match themselves, officials would now have to sit back and wait for one of IWC’s elite to step up to the plate.

Through a series of e-mails and phone calls, word of Hardy’s challenge was spread throughout the IWC roster. However it didn’t take long for the responses to start pouring in. The first phone call we received was from “The Phenomenal” AJ STYLES!

Despite all the activity on his agenda already, despite his obligations to tour the country defending his newly-won NWA World Heavyweight Title, and despite the intense preparation he’ll no doubt be undergoing to prepare for his Steel Cage match against “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels on Friday night, July 1 at IWC Caged Fury 2 at Monroeville Sports Center, AJ continues to show why he is arguably the most competitive athlete in wrestling today, as he accepts yet another high-profile match.

Matt Hardy vs. AJ Styles will be the latest, and perhaps the greatest, in a long line of dream matches brought to you by the International Wrestling Cartel, and that plus so much more will take place Friday night, July 29 at the Monroeville Sports Center in Monroeville, PA!

Got my tickets already cant wait to be there I mean AJ Vs Matt this is a dream match going to be great!

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
I thought you said "huge" Matt Hardy match.

redoneja
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
:|

Matt Hardy on the mic > Matt Hardy in the ring

Zen v.W.o.
06-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Matt Hardy = blah.

He is average in everything. Dont see why all of a sudden people refer to him as an icon..oh wait sorry that was on his MB..or how anything involving him is a dream match, in anyone's mind but his most dedicated of followers.

DaveWadding
06-01-2005, 03:21 PM
So where can I get a copy of the Hardy/Daniels match?

Mr. JL
06-01-2005, 03:26 PM
So where can I get a copy of the Hardy/Daniels match?

redoneja
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
try ROHwrestling.com, they have a pretty good amount of videos from other indies, I think IWC is on there

The One
06-01-2005, 03:32 PM
So...if someone cheats on me do I become an Icon too? How do you like that, this guy is being booked as a legend simply because he couldn't hold on to his ugly girlfriend. What a world.

Savio
06-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Matt hardy is starting to call people who don't like him non-believers :lol:

Matt hardy fan (from his site):
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/IBsmokin4sarah/alexsig.jpg

Corkscrewed
06-01-2005, 03:49 PM
I'm sure the "nonbeliever" part is half kayfabe for his character...

Savio
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>MysticEvidence wrote:</TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>As I'm sure many of you do, I regularly get advertising emails from WWE. Today I received two and got an inspiration.

From now on, each email I receive from WWE will get a short, sweet reply. The two replies for today? On one reply I wrote "We want Matt," and on the other I wrote "You screwed Matt." Doing this put a nice big smile on my face.

It's easy. It's harmless. And while it won't change the world, at least they'll know I remember. Anyone care to join me?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thank you for being so supportive. You're on the money when you said it's easy and harmless, and it reminds them of their poor business and moral decisions. Any of you who truly believe in me, don't be swayed by the non-believers who try to belittle your efforts. I've never let anyone tell me that I COULDN't do something, especially when it is for an obvious good cause. Be well...

Matt

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I was a character of the heel V1 character, and that was the only time I ever enjoyed Matt Hardy. However, after this whole debacle, I've decided that he is without a doubt the biggest pussy of a wrestler to ever lace his boots. What a fucking loser. He needs to dry his fucking eyes, wipe his fucking nose, and get back on his fucking horse.

Fuck that guy.

Lamuella
06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
So...if someone cheats on me do I become an Icon too? How do you like that, this guy is being booked as a legend simply because he couldn't hold on to his ugly girlfriend. What a world.

Actually he's being booked as a legend because he's currently very newsworthy, was recently in a major federation, and is looking for work right now. Snapping him up and hyping the hell out of him is a good way to draw some extra fans to your show.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2005, 04:00 PM
That's true, Lamuella, but he's still a fucking bitch.

Lamuella
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
bitch or not, right now he's a draw for indy feds. It makes perfect sense for them to hype him.

Remember, these are feds that are hyping the hell out of TNA stars. Hardy right now is a bigger name than, say, Christopher Daniels, so in a fed where Daniels is a main eventer, Matt Hardy is the motherfucking Rock.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just trying to make it abundantly clear that he is a bitch.

Shadow
06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
And boy howdy you should hear him bitch.

James Steele
06-01-2005, 06:30 PM
I will say that Matt Hardy needs to get over it. I agree 100% with The One when he said awhile back in a thread that if Matt can't get past this it will kill his career, and it is killing a lot of respect I had for him.

Innovator
06-01-2005, 07:46 PM
So where can I get a copy of the Hardy/Daniels match?7/16, if you buy a camera I can hide on me, FBI style, I'll give it to you

The One
06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Being known doesn't warrent being over. Yes on a mass level Matt Hardy is more well known then say Christopher Daniels, but who goes to indy shows? People in the know. And currently Matt is loosing stock with people in the know at a rapid rate. Hell if you wanted to bring in people who aren't in the know, start booking Scott Steiner or a ton of other worse wrestlers who are more over.

Matt Hardy right now has the drawing power of Sean Stasiak right now in my opinion.

Mr. Nerfect
06-02-2005, 02:24 AM
I like Matt Hardy. The guy has always entertained me. It might just be because we have the same first name, or because he's smarter in the ring than Jeff, but Matt has always been awesome in my book. Not phenominal, or even excellent in the ring, but he's a solid performer, and he was EXTREMELY over with his V1 character, and he lost an unfair amount of heat when the WWE just dropped that character to put him on RAW, ironically so he could be with Lita.

Matt shouldn't have complained, and although he didn't come right out and say it, it might have been better if he had just said he and Lita have had a falling out. He might have GAINED points with the company if he had played the storylines in the WWE up, and have blamed it all on the Kane character.

I still think there's hope for Matt, and if he and Christohper Daniels/AJ Styles really put on some good shows, he could really perfect his game in coming months. Whether or not he ends up in TNA, ROH or back in the WWE, I think Hardy is in a "make or break" portion of his career now, and I think he's smrt enough to realise that.

Here's hoping that Matt Hardy buckles down, puts on some classics and becomes a talent that the WWE can't help but re-hire. Hardy's got the passion, he's just gotta channel it right.