PDA

View Full Version : Potentially upsetting WMXX *SPOILER*

AareDub
01-15-2004, 11:26 PM
Credit the quotes to ProWrestlingScoops.com

I was checking out the latest news and stuff like usual when I came across something about the backstage politics for Benoit's move to Raw. To this point I thought it would be a great thing, but then I read the following.

Triple H wants a strong in-ring babyface who can work a mathold and submission based type of match, but also someone who he can beat clean without much controversy.

To me that says HHH is tired of wrestling the current faces on Raw, so he's bringing Benoit over to job to him at WMXX. Now I'm a HUGE HHH mark, probably the biggest (that will admit it) on this board, but even I think that is going too far. The article goes on to say things like they wanted a superstar on Raw who could be in the main event and not out shine HBK.

Sounds like this big push they've been hyping up for Benoit isn't what it was all cracked up to be. Somebody please tell me I'm misunderstanding this or something.

natureboycv
01-15-2004, 11:27 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>DAMMIT

*takes out torch and bow and arrows set*

*goes out to hunt down HHH*

brb

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, send reinforcements.</font></b>

Splaya
01-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Credit the quotes to ProWrestlingScoops.com

I was checking out the latest news and stuff like usual when I came across something about the backstage politics for Benoit's move to Raw. To this point I thought it would be a great thing, but then I read the following.

To me that says HHH is tired of wrestling the current faces on Raw, so he's bringing Benoit over to job to him at WMXX. Now I'm a HUGE HHH mark, probably the biggest (that will admit it) on this board, but even I think that is going too far. The article goes on to say things like they wanted a superstar on Raw who could be in the main event and not out shine HBK.

Sounds like this big push they've been hyping up for Benoit isn't what it was all cracked up to be. Somebody please tell me I'm misunderstanding this or something.

This is ****ing bullshit. God I'm so sick of this. He ruins wrestling and everything now. He is the game in the ring but outside the ring he can go to hell.

I'm sorry im ok now

Mr. JL
01-15-2004, 11:37 PM
If this happens, I WILL stop watching the WWE in my own little protest. I've said that before, but I will be very very disappointed if Chris Benoit doesn't come away with the belt. He probally deserves it more than anyone. Damn, he's the best technical wrestler in the WWE today! .....AND I COULD RANT ON ABOUT THIS ALL THE WAY UP TO WRESTLEMANIA but meh, if the WWE allows this to happen, Wrestle Mania XX will be the last WWE event I watch for a long long while.

Fox
01-15-2004, 11:38 PM

Well, all I can say is, don't believe everything you hear on the internet.

The facts stand: Benoit has been getting a dominant face push on Smackdown lately, he's been in store for a title run for years, and Trips is apparently going to be taking some time off after Mania to be in some movies. Logic suggests that Benoit would win the possible HHH/Benoit match.

Of course, there's still that other fact: Triple H is married to the daughter of the WWE Chairman.

At this point, it's still completely up in the air, but if this rumor is true, then **** Triple H. **** him in his dirty ass.

natureboycv
01-15-2004, 11:44 PM
<font color=8307ff><b>HEY, I was just thinking, imagine you went to Triple H's house, and the gravity was like 5 times the normal earth amount because of his hold down aura.

I bet he has glass ceilings in his house, too, and he puts voodoo dolls of people like RVD and Booker T underneath, then goes upstairs and laughs at them.

i have no clue what im talking about</font></b>

Innovator
01-16-2004, 12:26 AM
if everyone pitches in about 10-20 bucks, i'm sure we can hire a hitman

Splaya
01-16-2004, 12:32 AM

I'm down

KayfabeMan
01-16-2004, 12:39 AM
I'll throw in $500 on my behalf....

AareDub
01-16-2004, 01:02 AM

:lol: that's hilarious. Is there any way a hitman can kill the ego and not the man?

Something has to be wrong here though. What the hell would make Trips think he could win clean over Benoit without causing controversy? I think that will cause more controversy than a clean win over anybody else in the company. A lot of people are going to be seriously pissed off if that happens.

Well, I guess there's really no way to be sure until it actually happens. I just have a bad feeling about this. Who knows, maybe the WWE is leaking false info on purpose to get people all worried then they'll surprise us and give Benoit a main event win at WMXX... yea, that has to be it! :shifty:

Corkscrewed
01-16-2004, 01:14 AM
As much as I want to overreact to that rumor, it sounds too much like a spoofy satirical nightmare to be true.

At least I hope it's not true. :(

Pegasus Crawford
01-16-2004, 02:05 AM

Triple H will hold em down, anyway. :'(

blueskies
01-16-2004, 02:11 AM
I'd like to see HBK win the belt against HHH @ the Royal Rumble. Have Chris Benoit win the Royal Rumble. Then have Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels at WMXX.

Corkscrewed
01-16-2004, 02:52 AM
That'd be fun, actually.

Hired Hitman
01-16-2004, 05:16 AM
:shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Bad Guy
01-16-2004, 05:30 AM
They should just fuc</>king send his ass to smackdown so the whole damn roster can job to him. Fu</>ck HHH. Seriously there are some hard working talent out there that deserve the title (and don't have much time left), and he wants to play fun and games. "Let's see who's going to job to me tonight!"

Bad Guy
01-16-2004, 05:31 AM

Evil Vito
01-16-2004, 06:09 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Oh my f</>ucking God..........

If he makes Benoit job to him at WresleMania, I'm gonna laugh my ass off if he gets seriously injured and can never wrestle again. I don't care how cold anyone thinks I am, but he'll deserve it.</font>

Sephiroth
01-16-2004, 07:06 AM
<font color=8307ff><b>HEY, I was just thinking, imagine you went to Triple H's house, and the gravity was like 5 times the normal earth amount because of his hold down aura.

I bet he has glass ceilings in his house, too, and he puts voodoo dolls of people like RVD and Booker T underneath, then goes upstairs and laughs at them.

i have no clue what im talking about</font></b>

:lol: yeah but i would help you with the torch thing and going to HHH house :p

Tornado
01-16-2004, 08:53 AM
That would suck, BIG TIME.
We've waited for years for Benoit to get the push and the recognition he deserves, and I swear, if Triple H ruins it by burying Benoit to more solidfy his status, then i'm ****ing done with the WWE. I know one person switching off won't make a difference, but I have a feeling, that if they do indeed job Chris Benoit out to HHH, the WWE's ratings problems will get a hell of a lot worse.....

Ricky
01-16-2004, 09:06 AM
LOL

Cactus Sid
01-16-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm not willing to believe it at this time

If we do see Benoit going to Raw and facing him for the title, I might become a little more concerned

If Benoit jobs cleanly to Triple H at Wrestlemania, I will make sure that everyone in the section I am sat in, riots.

Splaya
01-16-2004, 09:24 AM
I'd like to see HBK win the belt against HHH @ the Royal Rumble. Have Chris Benoit win the Royal Rumble. Then have Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels at WMXX.

That would probably be the best case scenario. My Favorite wrestler in Michaels wins the gold and we get a high quality main event for WMXX.

Savio
01-16-2004, 09:26 AM
If HHH still holds the title after mania I'm going to quit watching raw.

SuperSlim
01-16-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm not a total believer yet, but if it happens, then I only got three words.

Piss on WWE

Splaya
01-16-2004, 09:53 AM
I cant remember where but i even heard a rumor that Trips would not go over Beniot just once. But at both WMXX and the next raw only PPV he would defeat him twice. Now if that happens I won't stop watching just Raw but Smackdown too. Not Velocity though. I need to watch my weekly matches of Rhyno and O'Haire.

Oxstar
01-16-2004, 11:06 AM
everybody hates triple h!

KingofOldSchool
01-16-2004, 01:13 PM
I hope Triple H faces Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, John Cena, and Kurt Angle at WM XX and beat them all cleanly.

The CyNick
01-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Personally, I would have Benoit go over at Mania and then have him beat HHH a second time at Backlash in Edmonton. However, as I said last year with Booker T, it wouldn't be the worst idea if HHH wins in a way that makes Benoit seem like a star, and then he goes into Edmonton and wins the title the next month. But like i said I proposed the same scenario for BT last year, and they ended up burying him at Mania, and he was a non factor when he got to his hometown PPV.

The other problem is that as it is planned you have a heel Lesnar facing a babyface Goldberg for the SD title. So that means a heel is going over. If Hunter also goes over that means you have both top matches ending in disappointment, which isn't a good way to end the 'biggest show of all time'. Now one could argue that the MSG crowd will favor Lesnar over Goldberg, but I dont think its a good call to book based on a guess.

Therefore with two heel champs going into Mania someone has to lose, Lesnar cant lose to Goldberg, so that leaves Hunter who really should be forced to finally make a new star for the first time in his long selfish career. Especially now that the company's future is also his future and his family's future.

I haven't heard that rumour, and until its in the Observer I take it with a huge grain of salt, so we'll just have to wait and see.

PoisonIvy
01-16-2004, 01:19 PM
It'll probably be Jericho. Open up old wounds. :'(

EazyMack
01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
He'd be ok if he didn't hog the title.

Corkscrewed
01-16-2004, 02:15 PM
He'd be okay if he didn't bury other people complete while hogging the title.

AareDub
01-16-2004, 06:47 PM

I don't hate him. I don't even mind him being the champ, I just don't like the idea of bringing over somebody like Benoit from Smackdown just to do the job.

Cynick has some good points though, it would be a VERY bad idea to have both heels win in the title matches.

Savio
01-16-2004, 08:23 PM
If I don't make It to mania and HHH walks out champ please chant something like:
1)WWE sucks
2)That match sucked

Vega
01-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Is anyone suprised? I think we all know HHH all to well by now to be suprised by this.

TO be honest, it's better than not being in the main event at all. And since all I currently get is RAW, I would welcome Benoit to change shows.

Avenger
01-17-2004, 03:45 PM
this will sound stupid, but if wrestling were, Triple H could not beat Benoit at WMXX. It's a simple fact.

plus, I think now, for the first time, Triple H should pass over the title to someone and give them a good reign. It's been near 2 years since anyone but HHH has had a credible title reign on RAW.

Mikey
01-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Benoit will never get a chance to wear a World Title again :(

BLaZeR-
01-17-2004, 04:11 PM
**** Triple H. **** him in his dirty ass.

LoL :rofl:

Even though HHH is a nuisance and as selfish as a small child, it's believable but at the same time it's not...Triple H would pull a move like that but I think it's something him and Vince probably started to get the internet fans all riled up....I wouldn't be surprised at all if Vinman is laughing his little pea brain off thinking how mad he has made a few people. :nono:

*This has been brought to you by the "Push Booker T Foundation" *

Nowhere Man
01-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Well, Benoit jobbed to Triple H his first day in the company, so I guess it's only fitting that he jobs to Triple H the last time the fans give a shit about him.

All that's left is John Cena, and then HHH will have made sure no one can ever get over, EVER!!! He must've had special training from Verne Gagne.

Champion of Europa
01-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Benoit damn well better job to HHH. If he doesn't I boycott.