PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing movies with big stars in it?

SukkaChump
01-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Like movies you thought were really gonna be badass, and had big name stars but the problem was when you saw it you instantly wanted to throw shit at the screen?

well not THAT dissapointed but you get what I mean
for me its was basically any recent family Eddie Murphey movie..

the phantom with the Billy Zane... and a few others i'll list later

Kane Knight
01-16-2004, 02:23 AM
Eddie Murphy's a good example. His old shit was grade A.

Robin Williams in recent years has been on a turkey spree.

The Matrix. I say this mostly because Laurence Fishburne is awesome, and these movies were hyped like Jesus in digital form. Woodshop "philosophy" propped up by cool effects. :|

Mel Gibson--Signs. At least the Matrix was pretty obviously going nowhere from the beginning. Signs actually mislead you into believing there was some sort of plot or something holding it together...Until the end, where the only surprise of the endingof this suspense movie is SURPRISE! You wasted 8 bucks to watch a train wreck.

Unbreakable.

John la Rock
01-16-2004, 03:48 AM
Planet of the Apes 2000- what a joke

YOUR Hero
01-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Signs was good. Kane if you read this consider yourself punched in the arm for saying that about Signs. *punch*

el fregadero
01-16-2004, 10:18 AM
<font color=teal>LOL I remember the Phantom.</font>

el fregadero
01-16-2004, 10:19 AM
<font color=teal>I would say most of Eddie Murphy's new movies.</font> :(

loopydate
01-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Vanilla Sky - Tom Cruise, Kurt Russell, Jason Lee...in a movie that made me grateful the girl I was with WORKED at the movie theater so I didn't have to pay.

Kane Knight
01-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Signs was good. Kane if you read this consider yourself punched in the arm for saying that about Signs. *punch*

Owwwwwwwww...

:(

Kane Knight
01-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Vanilla Sky - Tom Cruise, Kurt Russell, Jason Lee...in a movie that made me grateful the girl I was with WORKED at the movie theater so I didn't have to pay.

I liked that movie. Though it could have done without the last 15 seconds.

mitch_h
01-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Yea I thought Vanilla Sky was great.

Copland had a pretty awesome cast, bad movie though.

Kane Knight
01-16-2004, 12:43 PM
BTW, Hero, I was huge on the movie til it fell apart at the end. A good portion of the back end of the movie was utter shit, and I left the movie thiinking "If God does everything for a reason, why the fu</>ck did he let me piss away so much money on that?"

I'm sure that when aliens come to earth 30 or 40 years from now, the justice will be revealed, as I'll use techniques from Signs to battle them off effectively...

el fregadero
01-16-2004, 12:52 PM
<font color=teal>Didn't they use water or something?</font>

Kane Knight
01-16-2004, 01:29 PM
<font color=teal>Didn't they use water or something?</font>

Yup.

I remember that Carter actually nitpicks that at the beginning of an Episode of Stargate SG-1, too.

I dunno. I had a lot of problems with the ending. Not just the water bit (Though why you'd take over a planet that's tow thirs water is beyond me...BRB, ognna go conquer Venus without as much as a flight suit...), but the very corny "Everything happens for a reason" deal, the restoration of a man's FAITH only because fate shoots a was all over his face...

It had all this promise, felt like it was going somewhere great, then in the middle of nowhere, the train stopped and the conductor shouts "End of te Line!"

The Miz
01-16-2004, 05:08 PM
every hollywood movie ever

Supreme Olajuwon
01-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Anger Management
Mr Deeds
Little Nicky
Battlefield Earth cause Barry Pepper is usually the man
Knockaround Guys - cmon Barry

Danny Electric
01-17-2004, 01:11 PM
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Sean Connery
Oh and he's no longe a big movies star but any recent Corey Feldman movie.
Oh yeah and any recent movie that any memeber of the Brat Pack has made, except for Kiefer Sutherland in Dark City and 24 (but that was a series)

loopydate
01-17-2004, 02:33 PM
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Sean Connery
Oh and he's no longe a big movies star but any recent Corey Feldman movie.
Oh yeah and any recent movie that any memeber of the Brat Pack has made, except for Kiefer Sutherland in Dark City and 24 (but that was a series)

What about Kiefer in Phone Booth?

Danny Electric
01-17-2004, 02:36 PM
What about Kiefer in Phone Booth?

I forgot about that one. Thanks Loopy, it's a great film.

AareDub
01-17-2004, 03:18 PM
A.I.
It's not like the cast was loaded or anything. Haley Joel Osment, Jude Law, Robin Williams, Chris Rock. It's hard to remember exactly who else was in it, I seem to have blocked a lot of it out of my memory on purpose. That movie was just awful.

Bazooka
01-17-2004, 09:33 PM
haha A.I wasn't that great. But you're mixing this up with Bisextual man starring Robin Williams.

Jordan
01-17-2004, 11:49 PM
haha A.I wasn't that great. But you're mixing this up with Bisextual man starring Robin Williams.

No he is in AI.

Master and Commander was a huge dissapointment from where I sit.

AareDub
01-18-2004, 10:29 AM

No, Robin Williams played the stupid computer professor thing that they asked about the blue fairy.

wrestling_god
01-18-2004, 07:52 PM
punch drunk love and house of a thousand corpse

Kane Knight
01-18-2004, 07:57 PM
house of a thousand corpse

Who were the big stars in this?

MrMeJW
01-18-2004, 09:47 PM
I agree totally with KK on Signs.

AareDub
01-19-2004, 10:39 AM
punch drunk love

OH MY GOD!!! You earned so much respect for that one! I can't stand how so many people pretend to like that movie because they think its supposed to be good. Can't we all just admit that the movie was freakin awful? Not to mention boring as hell. I had to watch it in three or four parts because I kept falling asleep.

G
01-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Matrix Reloaded

wrestling_god
01-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Who were the big stars in this?
not so much star but a rob zombie film had hype

Kane Knight
01-19-2004, 09:47 PM
not so much star but a rob zombie film had hype

Ahh.

Well, this isn't exactly to the point, but it was a pretty horrible movie.

Jordan
01-20-2004, 09:15 PM
OH MY GOD!!! You earned so much respect for that one! I can't stand how so many people pretend to like that movie because they think its supposed to be good. Can't we all just admit that the movie was freakin awful? Not to mention boring as hell. I had to watch it in three or four parts because I kept falling asleep.

I loved Punch Drunk Love I don't pertend to like it, that would be stupid.

AareDub
01-20-2004, 11:20 PM
I loved Punch Drunk Love I don't pertend to like it, that would be stupid.

A lot of my friends are stupid :lol:

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Little Nicky is horrible