PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Wrestling

Ruien
06-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Does anyone watch Spanish Wreslting, or even get it on your spanish channel? I have no idea what the channel is called becasue I do not know Spanish, but I still watch them wrestle. It is amazing, all the fans are on their feet basically the whole time (I think its because the seats at though hard metal ones though). One time they went in the crowd and busted some seats in half, so I have no idea what thoughs fans did. Anyways just wondering if I was the only one who acaully watched this? It is some good wrestling and the crowd seems mostly like a family crowd of what I can tell.

Dave Youell
06-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Spanish?

Are you sure it isn't Mexican?

egoslam
06-07-2005, 03:00 AM
I've never seen any Mexican wrestling on TV, but when I was in Dominican Republic I got to watch Raw in Spanish, and no matter what the language, Randy Orton getting a beat-down is sweet.

Dave Youell
06-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Well i'm sure there is wrestling in Spain, but I doubt it's big enough to get TV in the states, as far as i knew the biggest wrestling markets in Europe were:

UK
Germany
Finland
Holland

Mexican wrestling is pretty big and is an quired taste as the pyschology is out the window with alot of the matchesthey tend to be 6 mans with a best 2 out of 3 falls stipulation. They do ahve one on one's sometimes, but mainly 6 man's (in CMLL anyway)

And if some of you guys think ROH is a spotfest promotion you have got to watch some of that!

I've yet to really see any AAA (the promotion, not the web host), i've seen like 2 matches from there so I can't really comment on them

Shadow
06-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Mexican wrestling has only one rule.

But since they annouce it in Spanish I have no clue what that rule is!

Innovator
06-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah I've caught Lucha Libre on Espanol Televicion a couple times. Basically there is no ring psychology and makes ROH undercarders look like Ric Flair.

M. Banana
06-07-2005, 10:38 AM
El Santo

Gertner
06-07-2005, 10:41 AM
yeah I watch CMLL on saturday's in the afternoon once in a blue moon

Chavo Classic
06-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Well i'm sure there is wrestling in Spain, but I doubt it's big enough to get TV in the states, as far as i knew the biggest wrestling markets in Europe were:

UK
Germany
Finland
Holland

FINLAND!? you serious? I'm not being weird but i just can't see it. Mind you, British wrestling ain't too hot neither.

Londoner
06-08-2005, 06:53 AM
Whenever i watch CMLL i see alot of high flying moves, it just seems odd to me, i can never get into it.Maybe if i understood the language they were speaking i would enjoy it more, but then again i can get into the japan stuff abit and i don't know a word of japanese...

El Santo
06-08-2005, 06:59 AM
El Santo

Yes?

Gone Mad
06-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I watch AAA (once again, the promotion, not the guy) and I like it oddly enough. Sure, there is basically a spotfest, but it amazes me how crazy Mr Aguila (yea, Essa Rios) and Taka Michun-you-know-who-I-am-talking-about really are, outside of WWE.

Oh, and I love to see stupid random gimmicks, from Chucky, the doll played a crazy little person, to Charly Manson, basically it's Marilyn Manson from acouple of years ago. I know spanish and I still don't get that... oh, and they have a Goldust character there too, just fatter.

Dave Youell
06-08-2005, 07:31 AM
FINLAND!? you serious? I'm not being weird but i just can't see it. Mind you, British wrestling ain't too hot neither.
Purely based on where the WWE go to do there european tours, why would they go there if there's no market?

And British wrestling is on the up, it's probably the hottest it's been for the last 15 years right now

Shaggy
06-08-2005, 07:41 AM
I love watching the Lucha Libre stuff on the mexican channels. What I love the most is here they have wrestlers that are like 300 pounds...Hair all over....and yet they flip off the ring and land on people and jump in the crowd like there little Rey Mysterios. I love watching it. Sure I dont understand anything they say besides the names but I think its cool to watch.

They do have a few people from old WCW and TNA which is pretty cool.