PDA

View Full Version : Moments you thought were real but weren't

PorkSoda
06-07-2005, 03:34 PM
What are some moments you thought were real, not planned, but were actually in the script and was a planned event?

One for me was when Stacy Kiebler was managing Test and someone, I think Steiner, attempted to hit Test with a chair and Test ducked, hitting the ring post into Stacy. JR and the King dropped their headsets and everything was quite. Test's acting wasn't very good, but I thought she really got hit.

Anyone have any?

LK
06-07-2005, 03:35 PM
That was Jericho who had the chair

M. Banana
06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Can't remember many...

SuperSlim
06-07-2005, 03:38 PM
well back in my younger days when Austin busted in Pillman's place with teh gun. yeah that was somethin :eek:

Xero
06-07-2005, 03:48 PM
That Stacy Keibler one seemed WAY too real. They did an awesome job there. I was honestly worried that Stacy had been horribly injured, because that shot was VERY close to her head, and Jericho hit the post at full force, nothing like when he would hit someone with a chair.

One that I remember was when Test was facing someone, it may have been Steiner, and he collapsed after going for a Big Boot, holding his leg. The ref flashed the 'X' sign and everything. It then went to commercial. When they came back, Test was being helped up, then hit a Big Boot for the win.

Gouda
06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
When Papashangoe made the Ultimate Warrior puke.

ddpBANG
06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
When "Sting" "fell"

I used to think Ultimate Warrior was a good wrestler...He was one of my favorites as a matter of fact. Poor poor stupid me. :nono:

Marcyo
06-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I wasn't on TPWW at the moment so I don't know if this WAS indeed real... but when Batista hit Jericho with a clothesline last summer, I thought Jericho was really injured, since he had to quit the match.

Zen v.W.o.
06-07-2005, 03:59 PM
well back in my younger days when Austin busted in Pillman's place with teh gun. yeah that was somethin :eek:

lol. Doesnt that make us feel weird when it's obviously not real, due to the fact a dude with a camera is following Austin around the lawn, and then there are more cams inside the house. :lol:

Yet we forget that while we're younger or really in the moment.

It's like when they do these "secret" plans backstage on raw, yet they have a guy with a camera standing right next to them taking it all in for us.

I thought earthquake really squashed Damien while it was in the bag.. and back in the days without the net, I thought alot of things that went down were at least somewhat legit.

Xero
06-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I always thought that Jericho had a chance at being the best multi-time champion of all time.

:(

Loose Cannon
06-07-2005, 04:29 PM
when HBK collapsed

when Earthquake killed Damien

when the Outlwas pushed Cactus and Terry off the stage

when Warrior got locked in the casket

when Pillman stabbed the fan with a fork

when Martel blinded Jake with the arrogance

when Luchifer bit Savage

when HBK threw Jannetty threw a window. I thought he was dead

there's more too

egoslam
06-07-2005, 04:41 PM
when Warrior got locked in the casket

LOL!! I thought the same thing, I was all screaming at the TV and going crazy.

RGWhat316
06-07-2005, 05:02 PM
That Stacy Keibler one seemed WAY too real. They did an awesome job there. I was honestly worried that Stacy had been horribly injured, because that shot was VERY close to her head, and Jericho hit the post at full force, nothing like when he would hit someone with a chair.

I agree with you there. I thought it was real. The announcers were saying that accidents can happen when someone is ringside. Plus Bischoff and a few other crew members came yelling at Jericho. Jericho was even pleading his case, saying he was sorry and she was in the way. Even when I looked at the tape, the chair came damn close.

thefu14
06-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I remember seeing Trips get bit in the face by a rattle snake when he was feudiing with Austin. I thought that was real. Kids are gullible.

RGWhat316
06-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Just remembered HHH's snakebite. He shows up and SmackDown and his face looks terrible. But he rips it off at the end.

LK
06-07-2005, 05:30 PM
I remember seeing Trips get bit in the face by a rattle snake when he was feudiing with Austin. I thought that was real. Kids are gullible.
There was obviously glass between HHH and the snake. It was so blantant that it was almost sad.

PullMyFinger
06-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Everytime HBK blades. LOL

Loose Cannon
06-07-2005, 05:40 PM
HHH is a pussy. Lucifer actually bit Savage

Shadow
06-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Gotta go with the Stacy chair shot. Was so damn scared when that happened.

El Santo
06-07-2005, 08:45 PM
When Rick Martel sprayed Jake the Snake's eyes and caused him to go blind, I was almost certain that was real. Of course, I was much younger back then and didn't know that the all white eye effect could be accomplished with contact lenses.

The One
06-07-2005, 11:16 PM
Tommy Dreamer hurting/blinding Sandman. Good god I would have sworn to high heaven that it was real.

Also Steve Austin walking out of WWF :shifty:

Pegasus Crawford
06-08-2005, 02:23 AM
Macho Man getting bit by that king cobra.

I didn't know at the time the snake was de-venomed.

Dave Youell
06-08-2005, 05:06 AM
Ludwig Borga and Yoko doing a number on Tatanka to cause him his first lost, he did a great job of selling it.

Also when Yoko made Duggan bleed out of the mouth

Chavo Classic
06-08-2005, 07:09 AM
Tommy Dreamer hurting/blinding Sandman. Good god I would have sworn to high heaven that it was real.

Also Steve Austin walking out of WWF :shifty:

Lol, Dreamer's so stiff I'm not surprised if everyone he wrestled against was hurt somehow.

PerfectOne
06-08-2005, 09:23 AM
When Jerry Lawler "ruptured" Tommy Dreamer's "testicle." I mean, come on - we all know Tommy Dreamer has no testicles! :shifty:

Innovator
06-08-2005, 09:41 AM
when HBK collapsed

when HBK threw Jannetty threw a window. I thought he was dead
yeah I agree with both of these.

Even though after reviewing it grown up, its clear to me that Jannety jumped through the window.

Chavo Classic
06-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Back in 1999, I really believed that Bubba really did have a stutter. On review of ECW tapes, I felt kinda stupid.

tucsonspeed6
06-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Jericho's so good at selling that there have been many times that I've thought he was really hurt, but he'd come back then next week in perfect health. That's about it really.

Edit: Oh, and for a while I thought that Zack Gowen's mom was really Peggy Hill, but then somebody told me that Peggy Hill was a cartoon character and couldn't be ringside. I felt stupid after that.

Gertner
06-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Dreamer on Sandman. That looked so real.

Everytime Paul London gets hurt in a match lately

Pete13
06-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Mine was the Austin/Tyson segment, when Austin gave Tyson the finger and was shoved in response..
everybody came out from the back and were seperating the both of them in a way that you could see Austin really trying to get away from all of them to go get him a can of whoop ass and open up some on Tyson!
that was planned, but it looked so real.

Zen v.W.o.
06-08-2005, 03:32 PM
"I respect you bookerman" And then Pillman walks on out of the match.

Gertner
06-08-2005, 03:47 PM
ric flair having a heart attack on nitro

Rain Man
06-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Shane McMahon getting his nards zapped by Kane

blake639raw
06-08-2005, 10:26 PM
when the Outlwas pushed Cactus and Terry off the stage This was the most real to me. It lasted for at least like 30 minutes straight. I really thought that they might be seriously hurt, or possibly even dead. I was relieved when they ran out at the end of the show, in their hospital gowns.

Xero
06-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I thought that when the Undertaker 'slit' his wrist during Mideon's sacrifice/rebirth was real. That was some scary shit. :(

Also when Kane used his now absent power to strike a camera man with lightning. :$

The Fitz
06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
The day Ultimate Warrior got locked in the casket was the day my dad told me wrestling was fake, I was going insane, apparently crying at the fact that my hero was going to die.

Man I was a stupid kid.

vampiro03
06-09-2005, 07:00 PM
1. Paul Heyman's "you stole my life" speach to vince during the invasion angle. then near the end of the interview he says "This sunday" and I punched myself in the leg!lol man, Paul can cut a workshoot.

2. the outsiders still worked for wwf.
3. warrior being a good wrestler.

XL
06-09-2005, 07:05 PM
I thought the Lesnar Big Show ring collapse was real!

KingofOldSchool
06-09-2005, 07:15 PM
When Sgt. Slaughter sided with Iraq.

When Hulk Hogan and Terry Funk retired.

Batsu
06-09-2005, 07:30 PM

One that I remember was when Test was facing someone, it may have been Steiner, and he collapsed after going for a Big Boot, holding his leg. The ref flashed the 'X' sign and everything. It then went to commercial. When they came back, Test was being helped up, then hit a Big Boot for the win.

Stacy Keibler for all her shortcomings, is a hell of a seller. Remember that RKO?

Bo
06-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Just remembered HHH's snakebite. He shows up and SmackDown and his face looks terrible. But he rips it off at the end.

Yeah I was at that smackdown in the second row and they did a good job on making that look "real".

alvarado52
06-10-2005, 08:36 AM
i gotta say when the whole Scott Steiner retirement think went down, they played that good

Extreme Angle
06-10-2005, 09:10 AM
when the undertaker chokeslammed mankind through the hell in a cell, i thought that was real.

XL
06-10-2005, 09:38 AM
when the undertaker chokeslammed mankind through the hell in a cell, i thought that was real.
and it was 'fake' how??

Chavo Classic
06-10-2005, 09:43 AM
That's actually a good question. I've always wondered whether that second spot was planned. From reading Foley's book and his interviews it's clear that his first 'descent' from the cell was premeditated, but i'm still at odds as to whether the chokeslam through the cage was. Can anyone shed closure on this for me?

XL
06-10-2005, 10:26 AM
I always thought the first one (through the announce table) was not planned! I'm sure in his book he says that he tells Taker to do it when their up there, in fact, from what I gathered it was Foley's idea to go to the top to start the match, so the first spot WASN'T planned.

The chokeslam however, I think, was planned, but I'm not sure if he was meant to go through the cell, he definately wasn't meant to get smacked in the face with a steel chair.

My question to ExtremeAngle was more along the lines of...how do you fake being slammed through a cell?? But I guess I miss read the question and the idea was what did you think was real but was actually PLANNED!

Fox
06-10-2005, 04:49 PM
That's actually a good question. I've always wondered whether that second spot was planned. From reading Foley's book and his interviews it's clear that his first 'descent' from the cell was premeditated, but i'm still at odds as to whether the chokeslam through the cage was. Can anyone shed closure on this for me?

Mick Foley had planned all along to do the throw off the top of the cage spot to begin the match. He talked about it with Taker several times before KOTR, and every time Taker said no. Finally, UT gave in when Foley told him that this was the only thing he could think of to revive his dwindling career. Being the crazy bastard he is, Foley did it, and then got up to finish the match.

The second spot was not planned. Foley wanted UT to chokeslam him on top of the cage, but he had no idea that the cage would rip and he would fall 10 feet to the ring. He was knocked out, lost several teeth and broke some bones. Had it been planned, I'm sure they would've taken more precautions (as they did at No Way Out vs. HHH several years later).

Fox
06-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Back on topic, I thought it was real when Kevin Nash got in the ring and then fell down and pretended to be hurt. Wait...

Bo
06-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Also remeber when Buff Bagwell messed up his neck?

Amaroqwolf
06-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Being a Kid was wonderfull. Lol, when Austin got smacked by the car I was like..OMG! NOOOOOOOO! hehehe, I was such a Mark....(sighs) I miss those days.

Nark Order
06-11-2005, 03:16 PM
when the Outlwas pushed Cactus and Terry off the stage
That's what I was gonna say. They treated it so real.

I was young then too. :D