PDA

View Full Version : My comments on Raw

Savio
06-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Opening segment Highlight Reel. Cena on Raw? Bad in my opinion if Cena stays on Raw HHH will never let him get over. Plus this also cock blocks Christians from getting the title.

Hassan not getting the title? fine I guess. Seems like JR Really doesn't like him he gives off a huge bad vibe. Hassan should NOT get Stunned next week.

6 man tag was terrible

Tables match: The dudleys got the biggest pop in a long time that I have seen.

ECW vs RAW:

Great but one thing that could have made it better was if after heyman said "Oh Mr. bishoff we never back down" before the big fight. Kid Kash, Benoit, Tajiri, and Lance Storm came down from the ramp behind Eric. then they beat the hell out of all the raw guys.

PullMyFinger
06-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Best thing to happen to both Cena and Raw IMO. I hope he doesn't get traded back.

RP
06-07-2005, 08:26 PM
If Tazz chokes Cole out on Smackdown. I'll seriously cream my pants irl.

darkpower
06-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Opening segment Highlight Reel. Cena on Raw? Bad in my opinion if Cena stays on Raw HHH will never let him get over. Plus this also cock blocks Christians from getting the title.FINALLY...someone who actually is GETTING IT right now.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle><!-- main error message -->You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Savior again.

<!-- / main error message -->

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:y: :y: :y: :y:

PullMyFinger
06-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I despise your avatar, rectar.

Gerard
06-07-2005, 08:37 PM
If Tazz chokes Cole out on Smackdown. I'll seriously cream my pants irl.

Preferably if he does it in the one of middle of coles little weekly rants he does.

darkpower
06-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Preferably if he does it in the one of middle of coles little weekly rants he does.
Tazz choking out Angle would be better, though...on the ECW ONS.;)

Kane Knight
06-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Like the WWE booking team is sitting there going "You know, I think Christian should have the title, but now that John Cena's here, we CAN'T give it to them."

Cena will be good for Raw. Raw will be good for Cena.

darkpower
06-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Like the WWE booking team is sitting there going "You know, I think Christian should have the title, but now that John Cena's here, we CAN'T give it to them."

Cena will be good for Raw. Raw will be good for Cena.
Besides the censor thing, which can be easily overlooked, how else can this be a GOOD thing, because I'm not seeing it. Too many things can go wrong with this.

Cena will just become Chris Masters or Heat material because of clever burying.

Savio
06-07-2005, 09:23 PM

Cena will be good for Raw. Raw will be good for Cena.I don't see it working. I see them moving cena back or if they don't do that they'll move Batista to SD! and then HHH will go after Cena.

However one thenig that could work that will not happen is next week have CC go to SD! and then they start some sort of tourny to crown a new champ.

Corkscrewed
06-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Man... Sandman got like.... REALLY fat. :lol: He barely made it over the barricade!

Kane Knight
06-07-2005, 09:47 PM
I don't see it working. I see them moving cena back or if they don't do that they'll move Batista to SD! and then HHH will go after Cena.
Assuming Trips himself is not traded. Or he doesn't "DEMAND" to go after the WHC. Remember, htere are trading possibilities.

Innovator
06-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Man... Sandman got like.... REALLY fat. :lol: He barely made it over the barricade!prison/rehab would do that to you

Supermark101
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM

GREAT POINT
If it works out to were Cena and Christian have a program, it would be great for Christian. Working a main event program could be the start of a main event push for him.

Assuming Trips himself is not traded. Or he doesn't "DEMAND" to go after the WHC. Remember, htere are trading possibilities.

Thats the great thing about this, there are a lot of possibilities. Someone said it in the RAW thread, I think it was LC, that we need to wait until the draft is over before we critize or praise. I completly agree.

RP
06-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Batista will be drafted on smackdown.

Extreme Angle
06-07-2005, 10:35 PM
it carn't work no matter what! they will have to trade him back, because at the summerbash tour its that triple threat match for the title, john cena vs kurt angle vs jbl and special guest enforcer stonce cold!
If they don't trade him back it will be false advertisement.
I think that smackdown will pick eric bishoff or someone like that then eric will trade his self back over for john cena :). Your Not Safe, Anything Could Happen!

Mr. Obvious
06-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Moving Cena to Raw was the smartest thing they've done in ages. I can simply no longer stand watching Cena blurt out the same ass-kissing kiddy garbage week after week. With those nasty censors out of the way, if the WWE plays its cards right (yes I know, that's a pretty big if), this move to Raw could truly elevate him to the next level.

Are we on the verge of witnessing the rebirth of the John Cena of 2003? It's still too early to tell. His promo tonight (the part on Christian at least), while not as great as the stuff he used to come up with (I guess he's rusty?), was a step in the right direction though.

The One
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
EA, if you note, EVERY SINGLE CARD has a disclaimer at the bottom reading "Card subject to change". I am seriously hoping that Hunter takes the title from Batista at Vengence and then goes to SmackDown with it. Honestly that is what would make me happiest. As for ECW, I am REALLY hating this invasion bullshit. NO Angle should not be on the show, NO Bischoff, Masters, Maven, etc. should not be on the card. But hey I am old fashion I guess. It just seems like for a reunion show they might not want to use people who have nothing to "RE" about...but hey, that's just me.

(And don't bother pointing out that Angle was at one of the ECW shows, that doesn't count. For the same reason that Dusty Rhodes wouldn't count either)

Mr. JL
06-07-2005, 11:08 PM
I guess I'll have to wait until the draft is completely over before I comment on whether or not I think the WWE are fucking morons.

Man,
Axl Rotten looked huge
Balls Mahoney looks like he lost 50 pounds
Tommer Dreamer looked a bit heavier than usual
Rhino looked JACKED
Sandman got pretty big since, in his TNA run he looked pretty skinny
D-Von looked like New Jack before I saw Bubba with him
Bubba just looked the same

darkpower
06-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Moving Cena to Raw was the smartest thing they've done in ages. I can simply no longer stand watching Cena blurt out the same ass-kissing kiddy garbage week after week. With those nasty censors out of the way, if the WWE plays its cards right (yes I know, that's a pretty big if), this move to Raw could truly elevate him to the next level.

Are we on the verge of witnessing the rebirth of the John Cena of 2003? It's still too early to tell. His promo tonight (the part on Christian at least), while not as great as the stuff he used to come up with (I guess he's rusty?), was a step in the right direction though.
We DO, though, have a slight possibility that if UPN does do what I'm thinking they will do for SmackDown now it's on at a different time (relax the censors and allow a live show), then what you just said would be pointless.

Mr. Obvious
06-07-2005, 11:41 PM
We DO, though, have a slight possibility that if UPN does do what I'm thinking they will do for SmackDown now it's on at a different time (relax the censors and allow a live show), then what you just said would be pointless.

What makes you think Smackdown will go live and the censors will back off just because the show's moving to Friday nights? No credible sources have even suggested anything of the sort.

Besides, that move is still a few months away. I say the sooner Cena can cut out the bullshit he's been spitting for the past year and a half (particularly these last six months) and the sooner he can go on to being as great as he once was (knock on wood), the better.

Londoner
06-08-2005, 06:28 AM
I can actually see Batista going to smackdown as the World heavyweight champion. I can't see HHH going there, but it would make sense.
As then smackdown would've picked a big star from raw, aswell as getting a world title back.I can't honestly see HHH going to smackdown, which is why i don't see him winning at Vnegeance. He'll probably feud with cena after Vengeance, only this time for the wwe title.

Anyway as for my thoughts on Raw:

I thought this was a great show, definately up from last week. I truly marked out in the ECW bit, i was expecting them to sneak up behind the raw guys but that would've been viewed as cowardly so i can understand why they didn't do that.

Cena/Y2J's promo was good, i was surprised the WWE allowed him to recall christians past career in the wwe, was funny as fuck, but i thought we were taught not to remember that stuff?

Excllent handicap match, with the added twist of the ref making a mistake, i was thinking 'oh shit, it's not sheltons time to lose just yet' when he counted the 3.And it still means Hassan hasn't lost a match on Raw, he will get the title eventually i just didn't think this was the right time, Shelton needs some noticeable wins with the title.

Didn't really care about the mixed tag team match, Christy is showing a new side which is good, though its embarressing when you look at her 'serious face'.

Heyman once again though was briliant on the mic, that doesn't even need a mention.I can see raw going upwards, though my biggest fear is if Cena faces HHH and then loses the title straight away.That would be the worst possible thing they could do right now, unfortunately i see it happening.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-08-2005, 06:45 AM
why not keep both champs on raw and have lightning strike twice for Jericho?

The Gooch
06-08-2005, 07:28 AM
why not keep both champs on raw and have lightning strike twice for Jericho?

I'd love it, but Jericho's character seems to be in the middle of a transition at the moment so I think they should concentrate on this first prior to putting him in the World title scene.

If they plan on having 2 World Champs going into WM and unifying the titles then I am definitely on board with your idea. :drool:

Shaggy
06-08-2005, 07:36 AM
When Cena's music hit I was very surprised....but then I realized how crappy the future is gonna be. I dont like Cena's character. Its one of the reasons I really dont watch Smackdown. Now I have to sit through Raw and here him. I can sit through a 30 minute promo of Triple H but not Cena.

Im hoping that this is sorta a test or something. Hopefully by the end of the draft Cena will somehow go back because Smackdown is where he is needed. I think they way they might make him back is that now that Cena is a Raw superstar. He is eligible for Smackdown to get him back by pulling his name out in that ball. So my guess is that on the last day he will be the final pick for Smackdown.

Londoner
06-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Hmm yeah, great idea if you want to bury smackdown even more, if you want to unify the titles you have to join the shows togteher again, which wont happen.

NoRoolz
06-08-2005, 07:40 AM
Raw overall was a great show, the one thing that annoyed me however, is when backstage Coach and the Security handcuff the Dudleys (and un-handcuff) the Security Guard with long blonde hair looked at the camera like 30 times. Did anyone notice this? Or if you taped it (I did :D) then have a look.

Another thing good about WWE at the moment, is usually I can predict what is going to happen, and all this draft/ecw stuff, I'm really unsure of the outcome. I'm really impressed with the WWE as of late :y:.

Londoner
06-08-2005, 07:40 AM
When Cena's music hit I was very surprised....but then I realized how crappy the future is gonna be. I dont like Cena's character. Its one of the reasons I really dont watch Smackdown. Now I have to sit through Raw and here him. I can sit through a 30 minute promo of Triple H but not Cena.

Im hoping that this is sorta a test or something. Hopefully by the end of the draft Cena will somehow go back because Smackdown is where he is needed. I think they way they might make him back is that now that Cena is a Raw superstar. He is eligible for Smackdown to get him back by pulling his name out in that ball. So my guess is that on the last day he will be the final pick for Smackdown.

You can sit through a 30 minute HHH promo, without turning the channel or anything? Yeah, right.Cena's promo last night was one of his best in recent history, if he continues like that, then he should have a good future on Raw. I don't think he is eligible for smackdown, i think its kinda like once your name is picked, then that's it.

Londoner
06-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Raw overall was a great show, the one thing that annoyed me however, is when backstage Coach and the Security handcuff the Dudleys (and un-handcuff) the Security Guard with long blonde hair looked at the camera like 30 times. Did anyone notice this? Or if you taped it (I did :D) then have a look.

Yup, i remember that.

1000th post, atlast.:cool:

Shadow
06-08-2005, 09:50 AM

I'm with you on Cena being annoying....when he can't fucking say what he wants to say. Last night on RAW, Cena just let lose with everything he had and basically delivered the best promo I've ever heard him spit since the days of the heel Doctor of Thuganomics. That's what happens when the censors aren't riding your ass like they were.

James Steele
06-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Cena is annoying, but I can handle him when he's not spewing a bunch of childish gay innunendos. That was the best John Cena promo in awhile, and I think they should keep him on RAW and move Batista AND Triple H to SmackDown!. I know it would change Vengeance a lot (the HIAC would still happen but storyline wise it would fuck things up).

Shaved Monkey
06-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Cena was truly awesome last night, and I'm looking forward to next weeks tag match.

If it happens.

Somehow, I can see Jericho getting drafted to Smackdown on Thursday, and Bischoff forcing Cena to take on Christian and Tomko in a handicap match, in which Christian would get the win over Cena, setting up the feud we all want to see.

Kane Knight
06-08-2005, 10:31 AM
it carn't work no matter what! they will have to trade him back, because at the summerbash tour its that triple threat match for the title, john cena vs kurt angle vs jbl and special guest enforcer stonce cold!
If they don't trade him back it will be false advertisement.
I think that smackdown will pick eric bishoff or someone like that then eric will trade his self back over for john cena :). Your Not Safe, Anything Could Happen!
They've advertised a TON of matches which never happened, some even TV matches. Cards are subject to change, check the adverts.

Team Sheep
06-08-2005, 10:35 AM
I have a funny feeling Batista might get drafted on the last week of the draft after Vengeance. Which would basically mean that the World Heavyweight and WWE titles switch shows.

Chavo Classic
06-08-2005, 10:43 AM
I have a funny feeling Batista might get drafted on the last week of the draft after Vengeance. Which would basically mean that the World Heavyweight and WWE titles switch shows.

...to the excitement and amazement of absolutely no-one. LOL.

Team Sheep
06-08-2005, 10:45 AM
...to the excitement and amazement of absolutely no-one. LOL.

Aye, I just realised it wouldn't be that much of a shocker. :$

Kane Knight
06-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Cena was truly awesome last night, and I'm looking forward to next weeks tag match.

If it happens.

Somehow, I can see Jericho getting drafted to Smackdown on Thursday, and Bischoff forcing Cena to take on Christian and Tomko in a handicap match, in which Christian would get the win over Cena, setting up the feud we all want to see.
I hope he's not drafted. I bet he'll simply end up being "late" because of his "Fozzy engagements."

Chavo Classic
06-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Aye, I just realised it wouldn't be that much of a shocker. :$

Not so much that it wouldn't be shocking - I'm sure it would be one of the bigger storylines of the year, but would anyone really give a flying f**k?

Team Sheep
06-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Well I guess it makes sense though. Smackdown! has no champion. Pretty simple.

tucsonspeed6
06-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Smackdown will lose Angle, Taker, and Guerrero and will take three jobbers. They'll unify the belts on Raw and JBL will be the Smackdown Champion for the rest of its run as it turns into a worse Thunder than Thunder was.

[/pessimism]

PullMyFinger
06-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Good, who cares about SD!

darkpower
06-08-2005, 10:33 PM
So, let me ask you? How would you handle the roster situation if everyone stops giving a fuck about SD and they unify the two brands? Can you think of something better?

Oh, and from the fact that SD continues to be UPN's highest rated show, I figure ALOT of people care about SD.

Kane Knight
06-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Nobody, despite the fact that their ratings are on par with Raw.

Kane Knight
06-08-2005, 10:42 PM
So, let me ask you? How would you handle the roster situation if everyone stops giving a fuck about SD and they unify the two brands? Can you think of something better?

Oh, and from the fact that SD continues to be UPN's highest rated show, I figure ALOT of people care about SD.
To be fair, drawing the best ratings on UPN is about as good as being the richest hobo in your gutter. This is a network that was persuaded to keep Enterprise on for like two consecutive seasons.

ddpBANG
06-08-2005, 10:58 PM
HEY! Don't diss. UPN's got Chaotic. :D

That's sarcasm in case you didn't know.

darkpower
06-09-2005, 01:32 AM
To be fair, drawing the best ratings on UPN is about as good as being the richest hobo in your gutter. This is a network that was persuaded to keep Enterprise on for like two consecutive seasons.
It's still not in all markets, though, which also is hurting them. Like, for instance, for like, 10 years, UPN was not made avaliable in Wheeling, WV. It was only in December of 2004 that Wheeling FINALLY got a UPN station (WVTX channel 28. However, the Ohio side of this area got the Pittsburgh UPN station, WNPA). And some of the smaller markets, in which wrestling is rather popular (like Wheeling), UPN isn't even on the radar screen on some cable systems, since they can't get a UPN affiliate in those markets (I make it a point to follow these things). West Virginia, besides WVTX, doesn't even HAVE a UPN station in its state.

Look how long it took FOX to finally find its footing, as well. It was only in 1997 that they started to get considered as a major broadcast station (the earliest I could remember that people were starting to call FOX that). And don't forget the dish people. Many of the satallite customers are responsible for finding their own way to pick up locals, and most of the time, it's only one or two stations that get picked up (they might be making new ways, but none that I'm aware of). Also, Neilson ratings are somewhat weird, and only represent somewhat of a minority (should we ALL become "Neilson families"?)

Maybe UPN isn't as bad of shape as one might imagine. They've been starting to get some critics attention by Top Model, Veronica Mars (which is an underrated show), and by this new Chris Rock thing that is supposed to be a part of their "new Thursday lineup." Not sure just yet if it'll be in vain or not.

But yeah, I still think people care about SD, or at least WANT to care about SD.

darkpower
06-09-2005, 01:34 AM
HEY! Don't diss. UPN's got Chaotic. :D

That's sarcasm in case you didn't know.
Brittney Spears, last I heard, was a wrestling fan back in 2000-2001. Not sure about now.

That's the case of the summer reality shows. Right now I'm cursing FOX for putting Hell's Kitchen opposite of RAW.

darkpower
06-09-2005, 01:38 AM
What makes you think Smackdown will go live and the censors will back off just because the show's moving to Friday nights? No credible sources have even suggested anything of the sort.

Besides, that move is still a few months away. I say the sooner Cena can cut out the bullshit he's been spitting for the past year and a half (particularly these last six months) and the sooner he can go on to being as great as he once was (knock on wood), the better.
This is just a form of wishful thinking. And since it does seem that the powers that be actually DO watch the internet, this possibility might become reality. The building blocks are there...just have to act on it.

PullMyFinger
06-09-2005, 06:31 AM

like KK said, people care about SD! on UPN b/c the rest of their lineup is shitty.

Also, WWE stopped caring about SD! a while ago, and now that it's moving to Fridays, look for their ratings to dip slightly. Therefore, due to the fact that I'll rarely watch SD! with the move now...I want all their top stars on RAW.

Sounds selfish? Of course! :)

PureHatred
06-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Since when did the success of a television network depend on whether or not they show up in West Virginia? The entire state doesn't even come close to approaching the impact of large market cities like L.A. and N.Y. where SD does rsather well.

People are missing the point that its not the ratings in wrestling -which have always traditionally been strong in relation to their networks. The WWE had the best ratings on Spike. SD still dominates UPN. The problem is that sponsors just don't have any desire to advertise on wrestling shows because they believe that wrestling is still basically for yokels and rednecks. Spike wanted to focus on its new CSI repeats and original drama programming, whihc are cheaper, draw comparable ratings, and draw huge sponsors.

And UPN's new tagline next year is going to be "Where the Girls Play." They're going to spin off that America's Top Model show (agains, decent ratings plus huge sponsors)and a ton of those cheesy chick sitcoms. SD just doens't jibe with that image. It's gone. And it will probably get zero marketing while its still around.

So what does all this have to do with Raw? From a business standpoint, Cena is the WWE's biggest draw right now. As much as I think that SD needs and deserves some help, RAW is the only show that has a stable, foreseeable future. Maybe if SD had a TV deal past next year, you could make long term plans. Until then, putting the biggest draw on the flagship show makes perfect sense.

Now comes the real question: what wins out, Vince's desire to make money off Cena or his loyalty to his son-in-law? Or as KK put it, nepotism v greed?

darkpower
06-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Since when did the success of a television network depend on whether or not they show up in West Virginia? The entire state doesn't even come close to approaching the impact of large market cities like L.A. and N.Y. where SD does rsather well.
I was using my area as a firm example for my point. The midplain states probably don't have many stations, either.

People are missing the point that its not the ratings in wrestling -which have always traditionally been strong in relation to their networks. The WWE had the best ratings on Spike. SD still dominates UPN. The problem is that sponsors just don't have any desire to advertise on wrestling shows because they believe that wrestling is still basically for yokels and rednecks. Spike wanted to focus on its new CSI repeats and original drama programming, whihc are cheaper, draw comparable ratings, and draw huge sponsors.
The thing with that is, they have to remember the boom periods in 98-99. Surely, they would want for something like that to happen once more, which could happen if Vince stops fucking up everything,

And UPN's new tagline next year is going to be "Where the Girls Play." They're going to spin off that America's Top Model show (agains, decent ratings plus huge sponsors)and a ton of those cheesy chick sitcoms. SD just doens't jibe with that image. It's gone. And it will probably get zero marketing while its still around.
I'm still hopeful that something is going to happen that is good for SD. Like it or not, SD is half of the WWE right now, and they need to get it to succeed just as much as RAW does.

So what does all this have to do with Raw? From a business standpoint, Cena is the WWE's biggest draw right now. As much as I think that SD needs and deserves some help, RAW is the only show that has a stable, foreseeable future. Maybe if SD had a TV deal past next year, you could make long term plans. Until then, putting the biggest draw on the flagship show makes perfect sense.
I think just because SD is on Fridays now doesn't necessarily mean that it's domed for failure. But SD is not just UPN. It's their brand exclusive PPVs, and the arenas they have to sell tickets for. They need to get buyrates and shit like that. For them to focus just on the ratings it gets on UPN is just foolish.

Now comes the real question: what wins out, Vince's desire to make money off Cena or his loyalty to his son-in-law? Or as KK put it, nepotism v greed?

That is one of the main reasons WHY Cena cannot be on RAW right now. HHH/Batista is dominating RAW as the top feud right now. Cena's popularity could disappate VERY fast.