PDA

View Full Version : Foley announced as Styles broadcast partner

Dave Youell
06-08-2005, 05:15 AM
:-\

I love Foley, but i can't see this working out, i pray Cyrus shows up and forces Foley into a match using his Network ties.

After all RAW is on TNN and he was TNN's Network rep :)

SuperSlim
06-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Styles as the one was awesome. BUt adding FOley to the mix really takes away from it. Hopefully it won't be permanent.

Goulet
06-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Meh, I think Foley will be fine, he's very knowledgeable and is fantastic on the mic... I'll wait to pass my judgement

Shaggy
06-08-2005, 07:44 AM
I just hope Styles talks more than Foley.

Karlsberg
06-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Foley has always been good on the mic so i will wait till after the event to either praise or criticise

The One
06-08-2005, 08:33 AM
The problem is, when I think Foley, I don't think the voice of ECW. I mean for the love of god Styles did commentary alone for MOST of ECW's run. He is the undisputed voice of ECW. Foley will do fine, but if the intent of this show is to capture the ECW felling one more time (something that they apparently arn't trying to do as this becomes more and more obvious every time they add a non ECW star in the mix) then the proper thing to do would be to have Styles call the matches alone.

Chavo Classic
06-08-2005, 10:28 AM
Foley is tremendous on the mic. His promo before his match against HHH, No Way Out 2001 is one of my favourites, but I'm not sure whether he can call a match. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Although this does mean Tazz is freed up from commentary and can take a more active role in the product.

KayfabeMan
06-08-2005, 11:51 AM
If it were me, and they were adamant about having Foley do some commentary - I'd do it like this. After the intro, Styles of course opens the broadcast. Introduces Foley as his broadcast partner, blah, blah, blah.

Foley calls commentary on the opening match - preferably involving someone like Mikey Whipwreck; who with Foley's history with, he could help get Whipwreck over big. After that match, a group of the WWE guys lead their little invasion deal, and mention on the mic about guys like Foley - who are ungrateful that WWE made him a star, not ECW - blah, blah. A few of the guys not majorly involved in matches hit the ring, and Foley leaves the broadcast area to hit the ring and help clear them.

I don't personally like the idea [not that I don't like Foley on commentary, because I believe he more than holds his own], but I think either Styles, or Styles/Gertner, or Styles/Cyrus would be better for this case.

weather vane
06-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Foley needs to not be a commentator.

KingofOldSchool
06-08-2005, 12:07 PM
I want Gertner.

KingofOldSchool
06-08-2005, 12:07 PM
BTW, smile for once you miserable motherfucker.

KingofOldSchool
06-08-2005, 12:08 PM
I think Candice Michelle has more facial expressions than you do.

alvarado52
06-08-2005, 12:09 PM
wait, what? Man, isnt Gertner gonna be there? WTF?

Gertner
06-08-2005, 01:10 PM
I want Gertner.

I want you tooo!!!!:heart:

KayfabeMan
06-08-2005, 01:33 PM
:lol:

John la Rock
06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
Foley should wrestle. We all know he can still go. remember his match with Orton?

Pepsi Man
06-08-2005, 03:41 PM
THIS isn't cool. Gertner's scheduled to be at the event. If someone has to be color, why isn't it Gertner?

alvarado52
06-08-2005, 03:45 PM
im definitly pulling for Joel 'Mama said knock you out, and i just did' Gertner. Good god, my all time fav: Joel ' I drink Vodka, i drink scotch, but your mother drinks from my crotch' Gertner! YES! ECW ECW ECW

Gone Mad
06-08-2005, 05:43 PM
OK, to be honest, I think everyone is getting alittle nitpicky with this PPV. I don't mind what Foley does now that Joey Styles is there. Styles, to me, is all I want from the commentating and we should be lucky to at least have him there.

But as for Foley... I'll be like Goulet and wait to pass judgement.

Londoner
06-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Well said Gonmad. Seems like everyone is being really cynical about it and want everything to be perfect, its not going to be perfect because for one thing it's under Vince's control, so you should be thankful for Styles being there. I am surprised people are actually doubting Foley, really surprised actually, i think he would do great as a commentator.Just because he wasn't your preferred choice doesn't mean he's going to do shit.Foley was a big part of ECW so i don't see how it takes away that 'ECW feel'.

Fox
06-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Agreed with Gonmad.

Just be glad it's not Joey Styles and Jim Ross or Joey Styles and Lawler.