PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Homecoming Tonight

The One
06-11-2005, 12:29 PM
I assume that if any of you where going to this we would either A) know about it by now; or B) have already left to go to the arena early. But what the hell. Anyone have any last minute thoughts on it?

My only thought is I am so fucking pissed/sad about Saturn not being able to compete tonight because of his neck. Seeing the Eliminators would have been so incredible. But nothing they can do about it now...

Anyway, seeing as how this is "ECW Weekend" and this will be the first of 2 (3 if you count Extreme Heat) event with an ECW theme, let's get a talkin'. My opinion, HH will surpass ONS, and not because I am so anti-Vince McMahon that the sight of him makes me want to rip my leg off just so I have something to beat the shit out of him with, but rather I think Hardcore Homecoming will capture more of what the true feeling of it was. ECW wasn't about invading places or being invaded. ECW was about having pride, love for the business, and being there, down and dirty with the boys. I just have a feeling that everyone tonight will be there with pride beaming through. I can't wait to see the Triple Threat Match (though I guess I will have to wait some time before the DVD is released). Seeing Terry is always just so incredible for me. And I know that even though Paul Heyman won't be there, deep down I have a feeling that he would rather be there with them in Philly then with most of them on Sunday in New York. But that's just my opinion.

Mr. JL
06-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Hardcore Homecoming is definitely going to be filled with ECW fans, NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT!

Yeah, it REALLY sucks about Saturn having a broken neck and being unable to compete. The Eliminators reunion would have been awesome. Haven't seen or heard anything about Kronus in a few years though.

I agree and think that HH is going to surpass ONS.

The ECW fans alone with all the crazy unique chants will make my day once HH comes out on DVD. "E C Dub" "Fuck him up Mikey Fuck him up" "you Lost Weight" "Sit the fuck down" "fuck cheap seats" etc..

ONS will have WWE fans who'll just chant E! C! W! all night long and call themsleves extreme.

Shadow
06-11-2005, 05:49 PM
Hardcore Homecoming is definitely going to be filled with ECW fans, NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT!

Yeah, it REALLY sucks about Saturn having a broken neck and being unable to compete. The Eliminators reunion would have been awesome. Haven't seen or heard anything about Kronus in a few years though.

I agree and think that HH is going to surpass ONS.

The ECW fans alone with all the crazy unique chants will make my day once HH comes out on DVD. "E C Dub" "Fuck him up Mikey Fuck him up" "you Lost Weight" "Sit the fuck down" "fuck cheap seats" etc..

ONS will have WWE fans who'll just chant E! C! W! all night long and call themsleves extreme.

Broken neck? I thought his neck was filled with bullets.

KingofOldSchool
06-11-2005, 06:05 PM
One Night Stand card > Hardcore Homecoming card

Marcyo
06-11-2005, 06:06 PM
:y:

Cool King
06-11-2005, 06:08 PM

Cool King
06-11-2005, 06:09 PM

James Steele
06-11-2005, 06:11 PM
IMO, HH will be more about the true "bleed ECW" fans. While, ONS will be for all ECW fans (hardcore ECW fans to the WWE E-C-Dub-uhlyou! fans)

Mr. Nerfect
06-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Shane Douglas is apparently planning something big for Hardcore Homecoming. :y:

I personally am not favouring either one, but I'm pretty sure we Australians only have access to One Night Stand, and I'll definately be ordering that for the 3-Way Dance and Jericho/Storm match alone.

I think HH will capture the ECW feeling more, though.

Innovator
06-11-2005, 08:31 PM
THE 3-WAY IS NOW A BARBED WIRE MATCH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

M. Banana
06-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Can't wait til it comes out on DVD.

Loose Cannon
06-11-2005, 09:44 PM
They did a nice tribute to the guys that passed and Tammy was there throwing up the Triple Threat sign for Chris. Pretty cool.

Marcyo
06-11-2005, 09:45 PM
this is gonna rule.

AareDub
06-11-2005, 10:31 PM
SPOILERSSSSSS..... (or results... whatever)

Ring announcer introduces Tod Gordon. Tod is crying coming to the ring. He's glad to be here and can't belive people still care. Joey Styles and Cyrus come out. Both are crying. Joel Gertner interupts. He does his gimmick. Cyrus rips Gertner and they have a cat fight.

This is said to be one of the hottest crowds in history.

Match one: Mikey Whipwreck & Chris Chetti over Simon Diamond and C.W. Anderson in 7 minutes. Damn
this crowd is hot

Tracy Smothers vs. Blue Meanie. J.T. Smith is in Smothers' corner. Jim Mollineaux does double team with Meanie. Smothers challenges to dance off. They dance and Smothers pearl habor's
Meanie. Back to match. Meanie in sweat pants btw. Smith hits meanie with Knux and Smothers pins.

Pitbull Gary Wolfe, Tammy Sytch and Johnny Grunge come out to talk about everyone who died in the last four years. Doring and Roadkill interupt and a match starts. Heels are on top until 911 makes the save. Grunge does splash off top rope on Roadkill to end segment. Heels run. Faces celebrate.

2 Cold Scorpio with the GHC tag team title belt pinned Kid Kash

New Jack & John Kronus b Ian & Axl Rotten

Jerry Lynn b Justin Credible. This was the best match so far on the show.

Raven b Sandman when Mikey Whipwreck turned heel on Sandman

The original three-way dance before such a term existed will be an unadvertised barbed wire match.

Uh, oh. We have a problem.

The Crowd went nuts. They took down the ropes. At this point, the Pennsylvania commission objected. Barbed wire matches are illegal in the state. I know what you're about to say regarding No Way Out being in Pennsylvania, which is why they never used the barbed wire in a barbed wire match.

The barbed wire is now gone. CROWD PISSED. Worked barbed wire was brought out with bad parts covered. It's being put up now. Major heat on Jeremy borash from crowd. Wire
covered in stickey parts.

The big news of the night was Mick Foley showed up. He used Mr. Socko, and got booed, so he wrapped Mr. Socko in barbed wire and attacked Shane Douglas. Funk pinned Douglas and the show ended with Sabu pinning Funk to win. Funk is pretty banged up right now

SammyG
06-11-2005, 11:18 PM
The Crowd went nuts. They took down the ropes. At this point, the Pennsylvania commission objected. Barbed wire matches are illegal in the state. I know what you're about to say regarding No Way Out being in Pennsylvania, which is why they never used the barbed wire in a barbed wire match.

The barbed wire is now gone. CROWD PISSED. Worked barbed wire was brought out with bad parts covered. It's being put up now. Major heat on Jeremy borash from crowd. Wire
covered in stickey parts.

:wtf: :wtf:

Corkscrewed
06-11-2005, 11:37 PM
That was a sorta weird ending. :lol: