PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown is completely dead... *RAW Spoilers*

Nark Order
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Honestly, with the addition of Kurt Angle to RAW... Smackdown is completely buried into the ground. Angle was their only saving grace. What can they doo to possibly redeem Smackdown at this point? The next 4 draft picks would all have to be major main eventers for SD! to start getting a pulse again and RAW would have to basically get nobody. What would you do at this point in time to save SD!?

Hee would be my next 4 draft picks:

SD! gets:

Triple H
HBK
Orton
Edge

RAW gets:

Haas
Renee Dupree
Big Show (does nothing for SD! anyways)

Corkscrewed
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
No. They're not equal to Kurt Angle (well, HBK, but Angle's in better shape).

Nark Order
06-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Exactly, but that's their best chance at redeeming themselves.

darkpower
06-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Read http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=894564#post894564 and you'll see what my take on all of this is.

Mayo
06-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Well Smackdown got a great wrestler in Benoit last week, so that *somewhat* helps in replacing Angle. Now seeing as how Raw got the franchise John Cena in the first week, Smackdown would need to get something similar in return, so they should pick up someone like HHH and/or HBK in order to balance out the big names on both shows. Sending over Batista would also be pretty good for Smackdown and would solve the title situation (if HHH loses at Vengeance), but I would keep Batista on Raw until the next year's draft since there are still many matches he could have on Raw.

Also, send Taker over to Raw since he is getting old on Smackdown (as well as in real life :lol: ), and I think sending Edge over to Smackdown would be cool as well.

KingofOldSchool
06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Smackdown:

Randy Orton
Rob Conway
Chris Jericho
Batista

Raw:

Charlie Haas
Renee Dupree

Nark Order
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Since RAW is freakin out about getting all of these awesome draft picks I think we should see Smackdown start getting all the picks as RAW gets mediocre guys the next couple of weeks.

Gouda
06-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah Smackdown really seems to be getting "the shaft".

However, I was kinda hoping for Angle to switch shows.

I would have been deadset against it before, but that whole angle he was in on Smackdown was kinda ruining him. He needed to get away from that.

darkpower
06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Yeah Smackdown really seems to be getting "the shaft".

However, I was kinda hoping for Angle to switch shows.

I would have been deadset against it before, but that whole angle he was in on Smackdown was kinda ruining him. He needed to get away from that.
They were, in a way, doing that by having him go after Tazz, which would've been sweet if they could've continued that feud after ONS.

Kane Knight
06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm trying to withold judgement until the draft is finished and the rosters are solid.

But damn is it hard.

Gouda
06-15-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm trying to withold judgement until the draft is finished and the rosters are solid.

But damn is it hard.
Yup.

Cena gets drafted- My thoughts at the moment "WHAT?! They take away Smackdown's franchise player? They built him up so much... just so he could go to Raw?!"

Bentoit get drafted- "Alright... this is nice. If you get Smackdown to revolve around Bentoit/Eddie/Angle you could have some amazing matches right there"

Angle gets drafted- "DAMMIT. There goes a Bentoit/Angle match!"

Kane Knight
06-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeah, they need a huge coup for Smackdown this week.
The unfortunate thing is that I think Cena on Raw is a necessary evil. They can't let him cut loose on SD, but they can on Raw. So hopefully he ends up less vanilla.

KingofOldSchool
06-15-2005, 01:53 PM
If things end up going the way I see it (I know Raw would get three more picks, not just two but I'm trying to figure out who should goto Raw.), this is how things would line up.

Raw:

Heels-

Triple H
Kurt Angle
Edge
Christian

Faces -

John Cena
HBK
Shelton Benjamin
Kane

Smackdown:

Heels -

Randy Orton
JBL
Chris Jericho
Eddie Guerrero

Faces -

Batista
Chris Benoit
Rey Mysterio
Booker T

Now The Big Show and The Undertaker are wild cards, Taker hasn't done anything since Mania and Big Show has virtually no room at the top of the pecking order on either show unless someone gets injured. Actually, whatever show Big Show ends up on, he could play the monster tweener who will go after any and everyone.

Jonster
06-15-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm thinking Jericho or Christian could beat Cena, and then go to Smackdown to get the title back across.

dalegendkilla
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
I agree with Jonster. I have a feeling that Cena will be traded back to Smackdown. I think somehow Christian (or Jericho) will win the title. Be traded to Smackdown in the draft, and Teddy Long will then announce that he traded some superstars for John Cena. And they fight for the title.

The sad thing is, I don't think Smackdown will get anyone good tonight, because all the really good guys have to stay on Raw for Vegenance.

Kurt Angle.
John Cena.
Batista.
Triple H.
Edge.
HBK.
Kane.
Christian.
Chris Jericho.

All have to stay on Raw until Vegenance. So I don't have a clue who Smackdown will get tonight.

KingofOldSchool
06-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Randy Orton.

El Santo
06-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Raw is taking Eddie Guerrero next. He got bigger pops than Cena when he was a face and his feud with Rey is pretty much wrapped up.

Also, an Orton trade to Smackdown would be nice. Smackdown is better than Raw IMO at developing main eventers. I mean, this was the show where a guy with the rap gimmick and the guy with the re-hashed DiBiasi gimmick ended up vying for the WWE Championship. I think it's because there's no HHH-hold down effect.

Savio
06-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Better not take eddie next!

Corkscrewed
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I would absolutely cry if Eddie was taken.

Jonster
06-15-2005, 04:01 PM
The sad thing is, I don't think Smackdown will get anyone good tonight, because all the really good guys have to stay on Raw for Vegenance.
Didn't they say that if someone from Raw gets traded they'll still do the Vengeance match anyway?

dalegendkilla
06-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Really Jonster? That's cheered me up a bit. Perhaps Smackdown will get Christian after all...I hope.

Lamuella
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
why do they never want to give me my Benoit/Angle feud? Why does Jesus hate me?

Schoenauer
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Nah, SmackDown! will get Chris Disasters.

Face Heely
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Does anybody else have a slight suspicion that the huge picks are going to RAW early in the draft so they can stock Vengeance with heavy matches, and boost the buy-rate? The major matches, besides 'Tista/HHH, have been added with very little time for build-up, so they're being sold as "dream matches" (or rematches of dream matches - I'm lookin' at you, HBK/Angle).

The x-factor ( :p ) here is the brand-only PPV. If it was a SD PPV occurring in the middle of the draft, we may have seen an opposite result - huge moves to SD before the PPV, with some balancing acts done afterwards. As is, SD's losing momentum, but a big finish in the draft will pick them up a lot; RAW, on the other hand, doesn't need later picks, because it can coast through the next few weeks on post-Vengeance sizzle.

The Dub
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Randy Orton will be the LAST draft pick seeing as that he is injured and it would be pointless to write him into the storylines unless they do that RNN crap again

Anybody Thrilla
06-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah, they need a huge coup for Smackdown this week.
The unfortunate thing is that I think Cena on Raw is a necessary evil. They can't let him cut loose on SD, but they can on Raw. So hopefully he ends up less vanilla.

That's what I was thinking, especially after his Raw debut on the Highlight Reel. He seems like he can be a lot more *cough* raw now, and I think he'll be more entertaining than he was on Smackdown.

KingofOldSchool
06-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Raw is taking Eddie Guerrero next. He got bigger pops than Cena when he was a face and his feud with Rey is pretty much wrapped up.

No it's not.

PureHatred
06-15-2005, 05:39 PM

But damn is it hard.

El Santo
06-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Does anybody else have a slight suspicion that the huge picks are going to RAW early in the draft so they can stock Vengeance with heavy matches, and boost the buy-rate? The major matches, besides 'Tista/HHH, have been added with very little time for build-up, so they're being sold as "dream matches" (or rematches of dream matches - I'm lookin' at you, HBK/Angle).

The x-factor ( :p ) here is the brand-only PPV. If it was a SD PPV occurring in the middle of the draft, we may have seen an opposite result - huge moves to SD before the PPV, with some balancing acts done afterwards. As is, SD's losing momentum, but a big finish in the draft will pick them up a lot; RAW, on the other hand, doesn't need later picks, because it can coast through the next few weeks on post-Vengeance sizzle.

Not a bad theory. Not bad at all. :y: Post-Vengeance may be the time we see trades for Jericho and the Heavyweight Champ (Batista or HHH).

Or... here's a thought... Jericho wins the Undisputed Title at Vengeance and then gets traded to Smackdown. The title picture is solved and Jericho breaks into the main event.

KingofOldSchool
06-15-2005, 10:49 PM
All have to stay on Raw until Vegenance. So I don't have a clue who Smackdown will get tonight.

Randy Orton.

:cool:

darkpower
06-16-2005, 12:20 AM
WTF on the Eddie/Rey thing being done? If I were them, I would prolongue that thing. It was just that both of them or injured right now and can't really do anything major WITH it. Give them a few weeks.

And sending Eddie to RAW next would really make it too obvious of what Vince is doing.

Corkscrewed
06-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Randy Orton will be the LAST draft pick seeing as that he is injured and it would be pointless to write him into the storylines unless they do that RNN crap again
So much for that theory. You forgot to bank on the "Hey, We're the Writers and We're Gonna Fuck the Fuck Outta SmackDOWN" factor. ;)

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2005, 05:32 AM
I agree with the Vengeance buyrate theory. To be honest, I think the WWE Championship will end up back on SD!, probably with Chris Jericho as its bearer.

I'd say next week we see some directionless talent get the draft to RAW (Rene Dupree?) and we'll see Shelton Benjamin defend the IC Title against them. Benjamin wins the match by DQ when Muhammad Hassan runs in and attacks Shelton.

At Vengeance, we'll see Shelton Benjamin drop the IC Title to Muhammad Hassan. Rob Conway walks out of the ring in a Loser Leaves Town Match against Sylvain Grenier, getting himself a trip to SD!. Chris Jericho beats John Cena and Christian in the Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship. The next week we see Chris Jericho getting drafted, and the following week we see Shelton Benjamin join SD!. This is followed up by Kurt Angle getting sent back to SD!.

Angle's matches on RAW seem pretty rushed. HBK vs. Angle II seems like something to pop the buyrate, and they're already putting Angle in the ring with Batista. It seems like they're rushing through this venture on RAW with Angle. It is a breath of fresh air for Kurt, and takes nothing away from SD!.

Ideally at the end of the draft you have Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Shelton Benjamin, Rob Conway & Charlie Haas on RAW with Triple H, Shawn Michaels, John Cena, Batista, Kane, Edge, Christian, The Undertaker & The Big Show on RAW.

Things probably won't go like that, but the more I think about it, the more I think Kurt Angle might be heading back to SD! before this draft is done. Hell, maybe they'll even have Chris Jericho win the US Championship on SD! (as well as the WWE Championship) and have another Two-Fall Triple Threat Match at The Great American Bash with one-fall being for the WWE Championship, and another being for the US Championship.

El Santo
06-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Alienoid: I agree with most of the above except for the Kurt Angle thing. I think Kurt was brought into Raw to provide a credible threat to the World Heavyweight Title. Batista (who I assume will retain after Vengeance) can only feud with Trips for so long. While a feud with Edge would be the next logical step, he doesn't provide the level of credibility like someone of Kurt Angle's caliber.

Altar of Helmsley
06-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Two world titles being defended on a B ppv means they knew HHH/Batista 3 (even if it was in HIAC) wouldn't draw and they switiched the titles for buy rates

They'll switch it back before the Great American Bash for even more buy rates.

They could draft both Cena and Y2J to keep that feud going,
i'd like to see that

Londoner
06-16-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm thinking Jericho or Christian could beat Cena, and then go to Smackdown to get the title back across.

Holy shit, damn you for posting my idea first! lol. I was thinking about this,and posted it in the smackdown spoilers thread before i read this thread, it really has to happen to save smackdown. SD! looks weak without a top title.And it would also mean smackdown has the last laugh in the draft lottery over Raw.

Londoner
06-16-2005, 11:37 PM

Again, i was thinking this exact same thing. The Raw show from Monday i imagine has got alot of people wanting to order Vengeance now,like me for example because i didn't get to see angle/hbk at wrestlemania.