PDA

View Full Version : Latest on the 'Brock Lesnar vs WWE' case

Nark Order
06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
On June 9, attorneys for Brock Lesnar filed a memorandum opposing World Wrestling Entertainment's motion to extend the court's time before issuing a final summary judgment in Lensar's lawsuit against the company. This would allow WWE to conduct a discovery period on a number of issues they claim would help their defense.

Lesnar's attorneys informed the court that they wished to clarify the issues bought by WWE's response to their request for the judgment, noting that they felt the entire case boils down to whether the release Lesnar signed in May of 2004 prevents him from "working in or being associated with the businesness of 'professional wrestling,' 'ultimate fighting,' and/or 'sports entertainment' anywhere in the world until June 2010."

They also noted that despite WWE's claims, there is no dispute over the parties signing the agreement that WWE had initially implied. They also claimed that none of the issues that WWE wishes to conduct in a discovery period have any bearing on whether the release is enforceable or not and thus slowing down the legal process. In addition, they also noted that WWE is ignoring a planned phone conference to "iron out their differences" as the case currently moves forward.

The memorandum saw Lesnar's attorneys close out by saying that while they would not be opposed to giving WWE an additional 20 days to present their defense, they do not want an extension issued regarding when the court will issue a summary judgment. Again, we will continue to keep everyone posted on this always developing situation.

Credit: Mike Johnson @ PWInsider.com (http://www.pwinsider.com/)

What does everybodt think about this whole "no compete" policy that the WWE has nowadays. I can see why they do it but I can also see the arguement that it prevents athletes from making a living after they leave the WWE company. What do you all think about this?

Savio
06-15-2005, 05:14 PM
its terrible.

Nark Order
06-15-2005, 05:19 PM
They probably do it so asshole like Jarret won't jump to another promotion one day after they quit.

Astley316
06-15-2005, 05:38 PM
if they get fired, then they should be able to head on the first bus to whatever fed they want.

However i have no sympathy for brock because he chose, to leave, he knew the consequences, he knew that was there, and he knew that should his nfl dream fade, that he would not be able to work, good on brock for doing what he wanted to do, but dont bitch about it when it doesnt work out, lifes all about taking chances, and he did, now if he needs money so bad go work at mcdonalds

PureHatred
06-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Yup. That no compete clause was put in immeditaley after JJ jumped to WCW. But if the athlete doesn't like the terms, they should renegotiate. Brock (and hi agent) was an idiot to sign a 10 year no compete clause.

Nark Order
06-15-2005, 05:46 PM
lol. 10 year no compete

Vince is a genius. If Brock loses this case (Which he will), he'll have no alternative but to beg for his job back. Wouldn't be that hard to do, had he not completely shit mouthed the company after he left.

Lamuella
06-15-2005, 06:26 PM
actually, it's a 6 year clause. He's only out until 2010

unless it's a 10 year from date of hire thing

Kane Knight
06-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Yup. That no compete clause was put in immeditaley after JJ jumped to WCW. But if the athlete doesn't like the terms, they should renegotiate. Brock (and hi agent) was an idiot to sign a 10 year no compete clause.
:y:

jerichoholic169
06-15-2005, 08:36 PM
if you're gonna be so short-sighted to sign a no -compete clause for that long, you deserve to be bitten in the ass by it. sorry but it serves him right.

FourFifty
06-15-2005, 09:07 PM
lol. 10 year no compete

Vince is a genius. If Brock loses this case (Which he will), he'll have no alternative but to beg for his job back. Wouldn't be that hard to do, had he not completely shit mouthed the company after he left.

If he somehow gets his job back, I'd like to see him come back with a zit faced pizza driver gimmick, or see him get kicked in the nuts by Eugene.

Kane Knight
06-15-2005, 09:18 PM
if you're gonna be so short-sighted to sign a no -compete clause for that long, you deserve to be bitten in the ass by it. sorry but it serves him right.

Corkscrewed
06-15-2005, 11:39 PM
actually, it's a 6 year clause. He's only out until 2010

unless it's a 10 year from date of hire thing
Both, I think. I want to say that Lesnar signed into OVW around 2001, which would make this make sense.

Anyway, 90 day no compete clauses are fine. Multi-year clauses are ridiculous, but it's your own idiotic fault for signing it. So I don't really have sympathy for Brock.

I supported him when he left, but I said that if he crawls back, then he's a laughable moron, because it would mean that he was just in it for the money.

Let him sit. Let more deserving stars take the time that he'd normally occupy.

PureHatred
06-15-2005, 11:42 PM
The shit thing about this is that I really enjoyed Brock in the ring and I thought he had just scratched the surface of how good he could be.

Kane Knight
06-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Both, I think. I want to say that Lesnar signed into OVW around 2001, which would make this make sense.

Anyway, 90 day no compete clauses are fine. Multi-year clauses are ridiculous, but it's your own idiotic fault for signing it. So I don't really have sympathy for Brock.

I supported him when he left, but I said that if he crawls back, then he's a laughable moron, because it would mean that he was just in it for the money.

Let him sit. Let more deserving stars take the time that he'd normally occupy.
Lesnar was probably so sure he could just walk into the NFL.

I forget; was this for the duration of his remaining contract, or is this longer? Since they were letting him out of his contract so he could play football, I can see the former. Anything else is just ridiculous...

...But so is Brock for agreeing.

Kane Knight
06-16-2005, 01:38 AM
The shit thing about this is that I really enjoyed Brock in the ring and I thought he had just scratched the surface of how good he could be.
I agree. I really like Brock in ring.

The Cerebral Assassin
06-16-2005, 03:17 AM
Brock Lesnar can eat shit! I can't wait to see him jobbed to every man and woman on the WWE roster when he comes crawling back like a bitch, starting with Triple H pinning him in five seconds!

Dave Youell
06-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Thing is, say he does come back (granted lower wages and no benefits like before) what would you do with him? Seriously? The guy got pushed to the moon and had 3 title runs in 2 years, it's not like you can put him back in the mid card as it wouldn't make any sense, but you can't put him in the title picture as IMO he's gonna get shit on for at least the first year of his (possible) return.

Plus if you push the guy what kind of message does that send to the lockeroom, you've got guys who deserve a spot on the upper card (like Christian) and a return of Lesner would more than likly take that spot.

I think having him back is more trouble than it's worth, moral will be low, plus he's proven that he's now a liability who could take his ball and go home again.

Sickboy
06-16-2005, 05:42 AM
Brock Lesnar can eat shit! I can't wait to see him jobbed to every man and woman on the WWE roster when he comes crawling back like a bitch, starting with Triple H pinning him in five seconds!

Don't be an idiot. If they would ever bring him back they wouldn't make him a jobber, he's draws too much. And unlike Triple H he knows how to wrestle.

The Cerebral Assassin
06-16-2005, 06:35 AM
Draws too much? I'm sure people are just rushing out to see Brock "Granny shagger" Lesnar dance in the ring with a sombrero on his head and a tear in his eye.

That man couldn't fill a bingo hall.

Dave Youell
06-16-2005, 06:49 AM
He didn't have any real drawing power to be fair, the ratings show that, he basically pulled in the same as any other shmo with the belt. His mike work was average and because of his size it's tough to book him working other styles other than a powerhouse.

So sod him!

Batsu
06-16-2005, 02:18 PM

Seriously.

They pushed him down our throats...and while he was cool (largely due to the F5), his rise to the top SUCKED. He was getting better treatment than the freakin' Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin ever got, and for what?

If he comes back, he should have to eat shit and like it, just like HHH had to for about 2 years.

Corkscrewed
06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Thing is, say he does come back (granted lower wages and no benefits like before) what would you do with him? Seriously? The guy got pushed to the moon and had 3 title runs in 2 years, it's not like you can put him back in the mid card as it wouldn't make any sense, but you can't put him in the title picture as IMO he's gonna get shit on for at least the first year of his (possible) return.

Plus if you push the guy what kind of message does that send to the lockeroom, you've got guys who deserve a spot on the upper card (like Christian) and a return of Lesner would more than likly take that spot.

I think having him back is more trouble than it's worth, moral will be low, plus he's proven that he's now a liability who could take his ball and go home again.
As much as I admittedly loved him as a wrestler, I agree. It's too many problems, plus he doesn't really deserve it.