PDA

View Full Version : Highly unethical, probably illegal, but still it would be interesting...

The One
06-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Sooooo...if any of you heard Jerry Lynn did an audio interview about ECW Weekend, and he said that the sales for Hardcore Homecoming where through the roof. (From what I understand, more money was made at HH then at Barly Legal) Anyway he said that possibly Shane Douglas was going to start going on a Hardcore Homecoming tour, and visit the other places that ECW used to wrestle at. Well here is my idea, Rhino was the last ECW World and TV Champion, Doring and Roadkill the last Tag...now what if, since Douglas & Co. can't use the ECW letters, what if they all just started showing up at these rumored Hardcore Homecoming tour shows with the title belts and put them up for grabs in title defences. I don't really now what the perk for Rhino, Doring, or Roadkill would be, but it sure would be interesting if somehow these titles got revived and Joey could call that "The original Extreme World Title" while never actually using ECW or Extreme Championship Wrestling. Thoughts, concerns, question, jokes?

PureHatred
06-17-2005, 06:35 PM
Hmmmm...actually, considering the way wrestling companies in the past have used title, I wouldn't consider this unethical or unfair. Possibly illegal, but if they made no overt references to these being ECW Titles I think it would be a great hook for a HH tour. After all, Rhyno never lost those titles and if the WWE never had the good sense in the years he was with the company to use that as a storyline point, why not take advantage of it?

Xero
06-17-2005, 06:41 PM
They could probably get away with it for a few shows, but the WWE, I would imagine, owns the rights to all their title's designs, including ECW's. They could start out with the original titles, but I think that they would have to get different models that the WWE doesn't own to make it legal.

Also, if they planned on releasing them on DVD, I don't think they could show it. I'm actually not sure about this, since Blaze showed up on Nitro with the Women's title and I didn't hear about any lawsuits. (They probably sued to get the title back at least.)

PureHatred
06-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah, but the actual title belts themselves aren't whats important. Its the fact that they can promote the shows using Rhyno and Doring.Roadkil as the "true hardcore champions" or something like that since ECW fans are the ones who would attend those shows and they would get the reference. I think a Hardcore Homecoming tour headlined by Rhyno defending his "ECW Title" against guys like Douglas, Sabu, Raven, etc would be a brilliant idea.