PDA

View Full Version : Bad Ass Referees

.44 Magdalene
06-18-2005, 01:07 AM
Don't ask me why I thought of this...when I'm at work, I think of alot of weird things to try and find my happy place. Anyway.

Why is it that all referees are pasty and out of shape? With as often as refs get knocked out, wouldn't it be logical for the WWE to start hiring like...super bad ass, pumped up Terminator refs?

And has this been done as a gimmick before?

Ninti the Mad
06-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeah, lets get rid of a crucial element in heel tactics!

Kris P Lettus
06-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Bill Alfonzo is a badass..

Corkscrewed
06-18-2005, 02:21 AM
I think it'd be hilarious to have just one ref be insanely ripped and badass. He can alternately turn face and then heel and stuff and just fuck around with people.

Vietnamese Crippler
06-18-2005, 04:06 AM
Use the referee from the UFC :o

King Jericho
06-18-2005, 05:54 AM
Extreme Referee H.C Loak(sp) from ECW.

HankScorpio
06-18-2005, 07:06 AM
For some reason Commisioner Morley comes to mind, although I don't recall any specific times where he's Ref'd :-\

FourFifty
06-18-2005, 10:32 AM
The Big Bossman was a ref for a little while, but this was a storyline where he wanted to be a ref since he thought The Million Dollar Man had the refs in his back pocket.

PullMyFinger
06-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Charles Robinson (?) I think thats the name....anyhow, LOL he's BAD ASS!!!!! muwahahaaaaaaaaa

Innovator
06-18-2005, 12:23 PM
John McCarthy > normal refs

The Show Off
06-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Charles Robinson (?) I think thats the name....anyhow, LOL he's BAD ASS!!!!! muwahahaaaaaaaaa

Lil' Naich is the man!

PullMyFinger
06-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Lil' Naich is the man!
Yeah, he was hilarious in WCW. I remember when this one chick pulled his shorts down, and he was just wearing boxers LOL.

I believe the boxers were University of Florida boxers!!!!! Reprezent!

The Fugitive
06-18-2005, 12:56 PM
If you ask me, that spear-dishing Mike Chioda is badass.

Vastardikai
06-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I think it's Summerslam '91, Sid Justice was referee for the Match Made in Hell. They tried to take him out, and he no sold...

Just John
06-18-2005, 02:53 PM
This is the thing though, Vince doesn't know the meaning of the word logic

Innovator
06-18-2005, 03:10 PM
http://www.knucklepit.com/John%20McCarthy%201.jpg

Now that is a ref that won't take shit

Disturbed316
06-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Not a ref, but remember when Steve the secruity guard got pissed off at Steve Blackman and speared him?

HHH = 3 H's Too Many
06-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Ripped refs seems like a good way to prevent crappy matches. Because refs aren't normally physically involved in the match, they could wear wireless earpieces... connected to the back. Wrestlers put up a crappy match, then the ref gives some kind of signal, and the two wrestlers get their asses kicked by a zebra. Then they get to go to sleep at night knowing that their character is forever tarnished. Heh, I suppose this would help give Smackdown wrestlers a bit more incentive, and give Raw wrestlers less ability to make fun of them, as they would play by the same rules...

Gouda
06-18-2005, 11:51 PM
I used to create badass referees in Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy.

parkmania
06-20-2005, 09:36 AM
OK, so maybe not an out-and-out badass, but I seem to remember back in the 80's Danny Davis was a referee who got a heel turn and became a wrestler. He even wore zebra-striped tights.

6to1
06-20-2005, 10:17 AM
they need to have nick patrick go heel again, he got as much heel heat as some of the wrestlers, now that is rare for a ref to get that, not the ref in the bret, hbk canada thing.

Just John
06-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Whos seen that ref that jumps about 3 feet whenever he counts?

cafctom
06-20-2005, 12:07 PM
I usually forget referees are in the ring nowadays because they have no real impact towards the unfolding of a match - Well, nothing that isn't predictable anyway.

Having a referee with character is something that can actually add an extra interesting factor to a match that doesn't even involve any of the competitors, storylines or stipulations.

Chavo Classic
06-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Lets keep refs as pussy, lard ass weirdos like they should be. Any attempt to make refs more than this only leads to BAD THINGS...

remember Nick Patricks VS Earl Hebner from Invasion?

EXACTLTY!

Anybody Thrilla
06-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Lets keep refs as pussy, lard ass weirdos like they should be. Any attempt to make refs more than this only leads to BAD THINGS...

EXACTLTY!

God, I saw this match leave and immediately started wondering why I dropped a hundred bucks on my ticket.

Stickman
06-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Remember when Jaqualine (spl?) was ref, she was pretty bad ass.

Chavo Classic
06-20-2005, 02:09 PM
No. That must have been terrible though.

All I think when I see her is BOOOOOBS!

Stickman
06-20-2005, 02:13 PM
No. That must have been terrible though.

All I think when I see her is BOOOOOBS!

No, it was actually decent, she'd get in somebody's face if they broke the rules. But yes, she has very big breastises

6to1
06-20-2005, 07:37 PM

EXACTLTY!
yea wwe screws up good heel ref angles, now wcw did good angles with the refs as long as they do not wrestle. the whole invasion sucked angle sucked so nothing was god in that. there needs to be a crooked ref like the old nwo ref.

Corndad
06-21-2005, 12:31 AM
Nick. Freakin. Patrick.

tucsonspeed6
06-22-2005, 10:11 AM
Umpires and other judges in other sports should look more like wrestlers. Have the refs at football games come out looking like the Road Warriors. That'd make them appear to have more authority over the game.

Come on, which is more believable: Skinny little pastey guy in a striped shirt bossing around a bunch of guys twice his size wearing football pads, or huge guys out there wearing spiked armor bossing around the guys wearing regular pads.

Chavo Classic
06-22-2005, 10:44 AM
This is why I love Rugby League. Although every fucker on that pitch is 16 stone plus, no-one ever dares to have a go at the referee. I think soccer/football can learn from that.

As far as the mat game, the writers have got to think of a better way to end a match than the typical ref bump. :mad:

tucsonspeed6
06-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Or at least make the ref bumps appear more legit. Having the ref get shoved out of the way or slapped by Stacy Keibler and laying outside of the ring for ten minutes is too phoney. If the ref took a badassed clothesline or an aerial move that missed would be better, and it isn't too inconcievable. The guys work in the ring, they could take a little training to take bigger bumps.

Chavo Classic
06-22-2005, 11:34 AM
I don't think it matters how the ref is knocked out at all. To be honest, we all know what happens when a ref gets knocked down...

Step one - Pussy ref knocked down by stray punch/clothesline/whatever
Step two - Ref rolls out of harms way and covers face with arms so not to show that he's actually yawning.
Step three - Face hits his signature move on opponent.
Step four - Face can't get 3 count because ref is 'out cold'

What ever happened to clean pins or submissions. Surely there are better ways for a heel to get heat during a match than having him escape a pin because the ref is a pussy.

:rant: