PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Comics

Cuzziebro
06-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Hey guys, i was watching some Movies that were made from the marvel Comis, the Hulk, Punisher and Spiderman and so on and so forth. Anyways i was thinking that has anyone else noticed how bad the Marvel movies are. Hey i love the comics i have heaps, wonder Woman and Flash, and when i heard there was going to be a Hulk Movie it was like christams (My favourite Marvel Character is The Incredible Hulk) and i went and so it the day it came out at the cinemas but i was real disappointed. I couldn't belive how bad a movie it was. Is anyone else with me on this?

House of Pancakes
06-22-2005, 09:10 AM
that's one movie.

Downunder
06-22-2005, 09:27 AM
The Hulk was better than Spiderman

Eric Bana > the short prick in Spiderman

TheNamelessOne
06-22-2005, 09:47 AM
The Punisher was pretty shitty.

Well....not shitty in that I hated everything about it, shitty in that you left thinking "It could have been so much better".

Thomas Jane is legendary though. Should have been more killing and more gritty.

Danny Electric
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Yean they gave him too much of a concionse.
Howver their has been more good Mrvel films than bad ones, for instance Howard The Duck :shifty:

egoslam
06-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey i love the comics i have heaps, wonder Woman and Flash
^ DC buddy. (sorry, I'm a big DC fan, and comic geek)

Anyway. Hulk was shit, I think even the most devote advocater for Comics2Film would say that, but Spiderman and X-Men were pretty good, and Fantastic Four looks kick ass.

Danny Electric
06-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Haha, yeah i didn't notice that. Not sure whether he meant he has loads of comics or loads of Marvel comics.
I'm a collectcor of teh X Men Universe.

Gouda
06-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Marvel had some good movies. Spiderman movies, X2. The rest were pretty average. Though I have yet to see Punisher.

Shaggy
06-22-2005, 01:47 PM
The Spiderman and X-Men movies are basically the greatness....well X-Men was as long as the new director doesnt screw it up....

Elektra wasnt that great which sorta lowered everything in a way...

I liked Punisher, it wasnt my favorite movie but I still liked it a little...except for the end

Now The Hulk was the biggest piece of crap ive ever seen. I had high hopes going into this movie only for them to be destroyed as I sat and wished it would all end really quickly. Dont think ive ever seen anything closely related to that bad that has come from a comic book......

ON a side note I havnt seen the old school Fantastic Four which I heard was just pure and utter mind blowing crap. The kinda movie that makes you want to kill yourself...u know...the same feeling you got when you watched Freddy Got Fingered or Dude Wheres My Car

Gonzo
06-22-2005, 01:53 PM
The Hulk was disappointing. He was a fucking monster, really blew his hulkness way out of proportion.

Lamuella
06-22-2005, 02:05 PM
some Marvel moves are bad, some are great.

Bad ones:
The Punisher
The Hulk

Meh ones:

Daredevil
Electra

Good ones:
Blade (1, 2 and trinity)
X-Men 1 and 2
Spider-Man 1 and 2

egoslam
06-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah, the Blade Trilogy was great. When I saw Hulk, the entire movie felt like the first half hour of any other movie. It felt like the whole time it was just setting up for something that never came.

Mr. Nerfect
06-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I feel like they made The Hulk WAY too dramatic. Spider-Man 2 has a great balance between both, and meshed humour in there as well. If there's ever a Hulk 2, throw the Grey Hulk in there and let's see some violence.

Danny Electric
06-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Isn't the Grey Hulk, the original Hulk. How he was originally drawn before they drew him green?

El Santo
06-22-2005, 09:52 PM
In the 80's, Marvel couldn't produce a good movie to save their lives.

In the 90's, everyone pretty much gave up on Marvel Comics ever coming out with a movie at all (especially with the whole fiasco where James Cameron abandoned directing the Spider-Man movie).

I'd say that, since then, the quality of Marvel movies have greatly improved.

Then again, I haven't see "Hulk" yet.

YOUR Hero
06-22-2005, 11:34 PM
Hulk was OK, I dunno, I liked a lot of it's look. Spiderman movies so far have been good and the Xmen, well they're the best of all, IMO

Shaved Monkey
06-23-2005, 12:04 AM
I hear alot of talk about how the newest Punisher is bad. But, has anyone seen the Punisher with Dolph Lundgren?

Now there's a piece of crap. Makes the newest one look Oscar worthy.

Disturbed316
06-23-2005, 08:16 AM
I liked the recent version of Punisher, Thomas Jane just seemed to fit the role perfectly. Spiderman and X-Men are the only great films they have done. Daredevil is ok, cant pass judgement on Electra or Hulk as they are so shit I didn't go see them.

egoslam
06-23-2005, 03:57 PM
I hear alot of talk about how the newest Punisher is bad. But, has anyone seen the Punisher with Dolph Lundgren?

Now there's a piece of crap. Makes the newest one look Oscar worthy.

I actually OWN it.

It was 3 in the morning, I was really drunk and at Wal-Mart, and it was in the $5.00 bin...'nuff said.