PDA

View Full Version : NL East

The Miz
06-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Easily the most competitive division in baseball, it is the only one with 4 teams with a legitimate chance. The Nationals are currently on top and I like them to win and I'll talk about why. Here's about where I see them finishing

Washington 91-71 0 GB
Florida 88-74 3 GB
Atlanta 82-80 9 GB
Philadelphia 73-89 18 GB
New York 69-93 22 GB

Nationals: I like them because they're not the most talented but the most complete team in the league. They aren't stacked with power hitters but they get timely hitting which is all you need when you have great pitching. They really need Vidro back because I don't see Johnson and Church hitting quite as well in the 2nd half. The only thing that worries me is their starting pitching past Hernandez/Loaiza/Patterson. Drese is either gonna be a huge bust or a huge steal and they should probably look for a more reliable starter than Tony Armas. They have easily the best closer in the division which is why they've continuously won 1-run games, if Cordero pitches this well the second half I think they'll be in the playoffs.

Marlins: Easily most talented team in the division but they have alot of guys not playing up to potential. If Juan Pierre and Mike Lowell start playing like they have previous years I like them over the Nationals. Their rotation is solid but they need to figure out their bullpen situation, if they're gonna trade Jones or make Mota the closer or get a closer or what. Their bullpen and inconsistent hitting is why I ahve them in 2nd.

Braves: Had to happen eventually. They simply can't compete when 6 of their 9 starters were in AAA last year, even though they all have great potential they're too young. They should get better when Chipper gets back and Furcal decides he wants to be a leadoff hitter. And their bullpen is a joke. Dan Kolb should probably die.

Phillies: lol

Mets: The team with the worst manager in baseball will always finish last in their division. Call me when Willie Randolph moves their hitter with the highest OPS out of the #7 hole.

Thoughts?

BCWWF
06-25-2005, 12:44 AM
The Miz, you are such a stupid, ignorant, moron. Honestly, how could you even say that? Jeez, sometimes I wonder about you. "Lol"? I mean about the Phillies? They are a major league team with major league players, you can never count a team out in this league. Gawd.

Also, I'm going to have to assume that the Marlins win it, but it would be a cool story for Washington to, and they have a team of respectable guys. You have to like Nick Johnson. They seem to have a certain character to their team, Guillen just has to not fall off in the second half, and it might help if Guzman got over the Mendoza line.

RoXer
06-25-2005, 12:45 AM
This is the hottest division FOR NOW. I'm pretty sure they start feeding off of eachother withen the next few weeks when they play eachother.

Don't really have any predictions.

RoXer
06-25-2005, 12:47 AM
If the A's and Mariners make a run, the race in the AL west could be decent.

The Miz
06-25-2005, 12:49 AM
The AL West is wide open really. Angels = can't hit, Rangers = can't pitch, Mariners = can't do anything, A's = less talented than a couple of AAA teams. I see them probably finishing Angels-Rangers-A's-Mariners but any combination of those teams wouldn't surprise me.

BCWWF
06-25-2005, 12:51 AM
That is a pretty long shot. If the Mariners can unload Brett Boone and somebody fills in great, and the A's get unbelievably hot it could get close, but I see Texas falling off as usual and Anaheim winning quite easily.

It sounds like the Twins might trade Kyle Lohse for Sean Burroughs now. I would have liked Polanco better, but any help is needed. Also, isn't it rediculous that we could have traded Jacque Jones for Jake Peavy two years ago? Damn.

RoXer
06-25-2005, 12:51 AM
I think the Angels have a crazy offense (when they can get it gong). They also have the #1 bullpen in the league I believe.

I'm pretty sure the Angels will win it. :( Which mean the A's won't have a chance :( But who knows.

The Miz
06-25-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah I see los Los Angeles angeles de Anaheim winning by at least 6 games, Texas and Oakland sorta close, and Mariners in the cellar.

BCWWF
06-25-2005, 01:00 AM
The AL Central is where the bullpens live

samichna
06-25-2005, 01:05 AM
Go Expos

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-25-2005, 02:04 AM
What about the AL East? Red Sox, Yankees and Baltimore all have legit shots at winning it

RP
06-25-2005, 03:22 AM
I seriously think Willis will win 30 games this season. I dont care what you fuckers say. WADDING!

BCWWF
06-25-2005, 02:11 PM
read it wrong/edit

Rain Man
06-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Phillies=Playoff bound

DominateR
06-25-2005, 05:10 PM
All I really wanna see is the Tigers in the playoffs this season, don't care if they win the WS. I know they probably wouldn't this season anyway, but a few more seasons of steady improvement like this and you better watch out.

BCWWF
06-26-2005, 01:48 AM
The Tigers have absolutely no shot at playoffs this season. Behind the Indians and Twins, the world would have to start spinning backwards for them to get second, and the White Sox would have to be contracted for them to even think about first.

Like Dmitri Young said though, the AL Central is going to come down to Cleveland and Detroit. Minnesota and Chicago aren't factors :yawn:

Give them a year or two though, I wouldn't count them out. This year, keep dreaming.

YOUR Hero
06-26-2005, 03:27 PM
I'd say the AL east is a more competitve division.

The Miz
06-26-2005, 03:32 PM
All 5 teams are in the NL East race. Devil Rays are not.

BCWWF
06-26-2005, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't really say the Blue Jays are either.

YOUR Hero
06-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Being in the race does not make it more competitive, IMO. What makes it competitive is the caliber of the teams. Again, IMO, the AL East remains THE division.

YOUR Hero
06-26-2005, 04:55 PM
NL East, I conceed, is the closest race at the moment. So it's not like I don't understand your logic.

The Icon of Elisim
06-26-2005, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't really say the Blue Jays are either.
What a valid and interesting opinion