PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Eugene

Innovator
06-25-2005, 02:57 PM
I've been thinking for a while, and it would be pretty awesome if Eugene snapped out of being retarded one day. I don't mean snap out of it like he gets hit on the head, snap out of it like Kevin Spacey in The Usual Suspects.

Something happens to Cena or Batista, or any other likeable face. He gets knocked out backstage, but no one knows who did it. Then Eugene comes down the ramp while the face is in the ring after the main event. The face is getting beat down, and you see Eugene walk like his little special self. Then over the next couple steps, he starts acting normal. He then brutally attacks the face. Next week he can cut a promo, even using the line "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Corkscrewed
06-25-2005, 03:10 PM
So basically, it was an act all this time, and he's really a psychological genius?

I've been saying that since he debuted. :lol: But it's obviously a great way to change his gimmick. He could come out the following week totally clean cut and stuff too... a mad but sophisticated psycho fiend or whatever.

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Gay.

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Sophistication doesn't cut it in the WWE.

Brain Games are for fags. Wrestling is about campy T&A, big hosses, and straightforward homoerotic drama.

Corkscrewed
06-25-2005, 03:13 PM
:'(

(it would have worked if they'd done it a couple of months after his debut, as his face pops were dying down)

Corkscrewed
06-25-2005, 03:13 PM
^ That reply was written before your second post btw, so nvm I guess?

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 03:22 PM
^ That reply was written before your second post btw, so nvm I guess?
The problem these days is that there are plenty of great ideas that are really too advanced for the WWE.

In order for this to really be sellable, the WWE'd have to get seriously cerebral, or it'd just be another bland heel swerve.

OMG YOU MEAN HES NOT RETARTED!!!!!!!

It's a dumbed down ballet. No real underlying themes, very little above the level of a soap opera, but with a ton of testosterone injected, because men don't want to deal with feelings or other things chicks make up. It's a hick program for simple people. IT's clichéd, over the top, and downright campy.

Don't get me wrong. I still watch it. But this wouldn't entertain the fanbase, because it's sorta new, it's over their head, and requires more thinking than "I best Austin's gonna stun someone."

tucsonspeed6
06-25-2005, 03:22 PM
The problem used to be that it was common knowledge that Eugene was Bischoff's nephew, and turning him would suggest that Bischoff was either in on it as well, or that Bischoff and the rest of his family were being fooled from Eugene's birth. The latter idea isn't really feasable in storyline sense.

However, knowing the WWE's way of thinking they'll probably second guess our intellect and completely ignore his relation to Bischoff. Remember, the WWE thinks we're so stupid that they replay an entire segment that aired just before a comercial break after the same break...in case we forgot.

So yeah...I think it's feasable to do something like this. The turn might end up in Wrestlecrap someday, but it's pretty likely that Eugene's gonna end up there either way.

Another idea would be to have a love story build up between a wrestler and a diva, then have Eugene constantly "accidentally" walk in on their promos. He'll do something innocent and cute, and the diva will swoon over how cute it is. Eugene will continue the cute act until the diva starts in with the hugs and kisses on the cheek. The wrestler boyfriend will start to get jealous of the whole thing and will start to appear like a heel.

THen in a massive turn, Eugene starts with his act again but he'll say that his family is going on a trip and he'll have to spend an entire week by himself at home...and he'll be aaallllll aloooonne. :( "I guess I can stay with you, Eugene" says the diva, completely ignoring her plans with the wrestler to go to a special resort or on a cruise throughout the week. The wrestler will be burning up, but he can't say anything because his diva girlfriend has yelled at him once already about his jealousy problem. Then, when the diva leaves, Eugene stands there biting his thumbnail and watches her walk away. When she's gone, he completely breaks character and says, "DAMN! That's one FINE piece of ass!" Slaps the wrestler on the shoulder and walks away with a "Smell ya later, chief!"

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 03:24 PM
PFFFT. Eugene will reveal he's not really Bisch's nephew, and that he used a minf control device to trick him.

In fact, he is a parasitic creature from an advanced species, who demand servitude from the Tauri.

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Those minf control devices are tricky.

LK
06-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Well he needs a way to get out of that character but I'm not sure how they do it.

Kane Knight
06-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Howabout Eugene gets "caught" backstage, being himself instead of "Eugene?"

Then after getting heat for lying, he can come out and pull a VI, Milli Vanilli, Extreme line. "They told me...If I didn't...I'd never be a wrestler."

He can then go on to blame the fans for enjoying the "special" gimmick.

And THEN he admits he's an advanced parasite with glowing eyes.

tucsonspeed6
06-25-2005, 04:19 PM
If you want him out of the gimmick, there's two ways to do it:

1) You can pull a Russo and confuse your audience with Kayfabe shoots and shoot kayfabes and sometimes shoot kayfabes that appear to be kayfabe shoots, but I'd probably advise against that.

2) Have him come back in a match against Uncle Eric in a loser retires forever match. Eugene will lose. Give him a month vacation, bring him back with a shaved head, mask, overcoat, and the inability to speak and throw him on Smackdown to be Bobcore's bitch.

Or if you don't like either of those ideas, you could make him into an advanced parasite with glowing eyes...

Better yet do that, but also bring back Cheatum, the midget from WCW, to be his manager.

Disturbed316
06-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Nah, either do it with a sick chair shot to the head or come out and say he did it for sympathy.

Innovator
06-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Nah, either do it with a sick chair shot to the head or come out and say he did it...for the Rock.fixed

Corkscrewed
06-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Howabout Eugene gets "caught" backstage, being himself instead of "Eugene?"

Then after getting heat for lying, he can come out and pull a VI, Milli Vanilli, Extreme line. "They told me...If I didn't...I'd never be a wrestler."

He can then go on to blame the fans for enjoying the "special" gimmick.

And THEN he admits he's an advanced parasite with glowing eyes.
Actually, that would work too.

Disturbed316
06-25-2005, 05:00 PM
If it was with a chair shot, have the effects last about 3/4 months or something, really build up his transformation from retard to normal guy.

The Icon of Elisim
06-25-2005, 06:02 PM
If you want to turn him just make him less of a lovable retard and more of a hatable retard.

Imagine if after he returns from injury he brings a lawyer with him who threatens to sue Raw if Eugene isn't given special treatment because of his special status. He gets to wrestle his opponents in unfair circumstances, he gets choice title matches, he can attack people without repercussions, etc.

He'd still be retarded (the comical part being more or less gone) and we'd be reminded about it week in week out and constantly boo him cause he's being an asshole about it and getting away with it.

Nark Order
06-25-2005, 07:06 PM
lol. "I FAKED IT, GOD DAMNIT!!"

Nark Order
06-25-2005, 07:08 PM
If you want to turn him just make him less of a lovable retard and more of a hatable retard.

Imagine if after he returns from injury he brings a lawyer with him who threatens to sue Raw if Eugene isn't given special treatment because of his special status. He gets to wrestle his opponents in unfair circumstances, he gets choice title matches, he can attack people without repercussions, etc.

He'd still be retarded (the comical part being more or less gone) and we'd be reminded about it week in week out and constantly boo him cause he's being an asshole about it and getting away with it.
Good idea. His lawyer could be his manager of sorts too. Cutting promos for him and such.

That would be cool...

El Santo
06-25-2005, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't get him out of the gimmick. Hacksaw Jim Duggan basically made a career out of being a character similar to Eugene. The whole Eugene thing is unique, at least.

I don't know. It's kinda like me being turned off to Andy Kaufman on "Taxi" after he dropped the Latka schtick.

FourFifty
06-25-2005, 09:32 PM
A few ideas from me, sorry for any repeats

Two words- Beaver Cleavage!
Have him cut a promo, and then “I can’t do this!” Have him come out as “Slick” Nick Dismore (or something) the next week, and offer his apology to the fans, and have him end it with how he’s a great wrestler. Let him face Val Venis one week, then Maven, see how the fans respond. Watch him out house shows VS faces and heels. If the fans like him, have him feud with Simon Dean as he cuts into one of his promos. If the fans don’t like him, have him either cut a promo where he says “I already said I’m sorry for lying, what more do you idiots want!!!” or have him interrupt Big Vis.

It was blackmail!
Let’s bring back GTV. You can call it GTV, call it Backstage TV, call it anything, just bring it back. One day we see Eugene talking to another wrestler after losing a match against someone he has never been in the ring with. The other wrestler leaves, and a cell phone rings. Eugene looks around nervously, and then picks up the phone. “Hey—yeah, it’s me—didn’t you just see?—Damn it, how much longer do I need to keep this up?—Dude, that’s messed up…”
Next week, Raw opens up with a distraught Eugene, have him cut an interview, skip the first part of the first idea, and there you go.

Recycling is fun!
Give him a total make over, maybe a mask, have him on SmackDown, deny Eugene ever existed. Maybe start him out as Nick Dinsmore, Eugene’s older brother as a dude that does interviews backstage, and then after someone says “Hey, at least your little brother can’t mess with us anymore” he attacks.

…looking at this thread now, wow, I think they’re all basic repeats…

Just John
06-26-2005, 02:25 PM
I can actually see that happening

Lamuella
06-26-2005, 03:21 PM
not sure I understand the "We should make wrestling dumb because wrestling is dumb" argument.

Just John
06-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Dumb people make the dumb arguement about how dumb this dumb thing is. lol shows how dumb they are

Chavo Classic
06-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Just bring him back with a whole new gimmick. We're all too stupid we won't know the difference anyway. I don't even remember there being a moving briefcase at the King of the Ring 1999 or that Edge never got the person back who attacked him, or that a hand popped out of the earth when Booker T went to the graveyard. I don't remember any of that stuff, never mind that Eugene was a retard.

PureHatred
06-27-2005, 04:39 PM
:lol: hatable retard

PureHatred
06-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Maybe he can have an evil baby seal as a mascot.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Just bring him back with a whole new gimmick. We're all too stupid we won't know the difference anyway. I don't even remember there being a moving briefcase at the King of the Ring 1999 or that Edge never got the person back who attacked him, or that a hand popped out of the earth when Booker T went to the graveyard. I don't remember any of that stuff, never mind that Eugene was a retard.

You can sort of explain those things, though. '98 King of the Ring could have been any employee in the WWE that Vince told to screw Austin.

Edge may not have seen the person who attacked him, although it would have been nice to have seen Edge get letters or pictures of Edge when he was down at No Way Out '03 in a taunting kind of way.

Maybe Mae Young was just going for her early morning walk when Booker T went to the graveyard. :shifty:

Nah, seriously the WWE has dug themselves into some deep holes. Eugene may be one, but I think an even more serious one is Matt Morgan. The guy seems genuinely good on the mic, promos and his mannerisms, etc. He seems like a solid worker, too. The WWE has gives him this stuttering gimmick that prevents him from being much at all.

Is Rob Conway just going to become a proud American, again? I can easily see him wearing the American colours stating that he is the greatest thing to come out of America, and thus he represents it, slightly changing his gimmick from Un-American to Cocky/Arrogant.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 05:03 PM

That sounds REALLY good on paper, but I'm not sure of the publicity the WWE would get. My dad came over one day, and we watched RAW, and then Eugene came out and my dad just said "Oh God, this is so distasteful.". I tried to explain to him the WWE had taken a mature approach to things, and tried to convince him he was as popular as The Rock, but he still seemed unsure.

If you turn Eugene heel, A LOT of people will be offended. Ron Howard is copping a lot of shit for making the Silas character in the The Da Vinci Code movie he's making albino. Some media whores are just waiting for someone like the WWE to slip up and create a character portraying retards as "evil".

I can see Eugene being manipulated by an evil manager. Maybe have him play Eugene's "best friend that Eugene can tell anything", when in truth he is a psychologist paid by Bischoff to try and focus Eugene as a respectable member of society. So basically this manager and Eric Bischoff are working together to turn Eugene into a classy heel, and focus him to aiding their own agenda. Have the psychologist change Eugene's name to "Nick" to try and psychologically change the way Eugene sees himself, etc. You could use this as a chance to either turn William Regal further face, or continue him down the heelish path he's been walking recently.

Have Regal demand to know what Bischoff is doing to Eugene, and have Eric try to buy Regal off with title shots, pay-rises, and the such. Either have Regal refuse them and try to keep Eugene as he is, or have him take the chance to try and help Eugene into becomming a respecable member of society.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 05:08 PM
I think the easiest way to turn Eugene heel is to just have Eugene come out, snap out of his current state, and say "I bet Uncle Eric I could convince all you idiots I was retarded.". It would be worth it just to hear JR say "That's because you are retarded.", pissed off Dinsmore is a heel.

Maybe have Nick say that Eric agree to give him 25% control of RAW if he could convince you all for a six months, and he did it, so you're looking at your new "Assistant GM", Nicholas Eugene Dinsmore. Nick then goes through with that whole specal treatment scenario, where he is now spoilt and gets control over his career. One guy who is particularly pissed is William Regal, sparking Nicholas' first major feud as a heel.

PureHatred
06-27-2005, 05:16 PM
I can't imagine JR calling anyone 'retarded.' Ever.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2005, 05:32 PM
I can't imagine JR calling anyone 'retarded.' Ever.

That's why it would be priceless.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
06-27-2005, 05:45 PM
3 words for ya...

SCREW THE FANS!

Then we'll forget he used to be retarded, since he's now so bad.

Bischoff187
06-28-2005, 01:22 AM
i fucking hate you i hate the fans i hate nick donsmrore i hjate hisd cocksucking charactrer and attiudte ! I GARE YOU ALL < NICK DINSMR E+SUCKS!