PDA

View Full Version : WWE Expected To Release Several Wrestlers

Watson
06-28-2005, 10:51 PM
From WrestleZone.com:

Breaking News: WWE Expected To Release Several Wrestlers

"Source: PWTorch.com Audio

Reports from backstage indicate that WWE management will be cutting several members from the talent roster in the coming weeks. Although no names are available, wrestlers are said to be on alert for a potential release.

While some past release threats did not materialize, the belief is that WWE will definitely be following through with releases in the coming weeks.

The upcoming move to USA is undoubtedly the driving force in the decision to make cuts. With WWE set to gross less from USA than Spike TV on RAW, and the loss of two weekend shows, the need for budget limitations is imminent."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions anyone?

Shadow
06-28-2005, 11:02 PM
SHANNON MOORE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOO

Volchok
06-28-2005, 11:08 PM
10k Triple H is the first to go.. :shifty:

KingofOldSchool
06-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Bye Bye Dancin Stevie

Mayo
06-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Some of those shitty divas from Smackdown
Many of the guys from heat, which I am unsure of because I don't watch it

Hired Hitman
06-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Christy Hemme
Candice
Joy Giovanni
Maria
Michelle McCool
:shifty:

KingofOldSchool
06-28-2005, 11:16 PM
In a backstage meeting held at last night’s RAW/SmackDown! Supershow, management informed the talent that there would be several superstars released from their contracts within the next month. There was nobody individually singled out during the meeting, but it is expected that there will be 5-10 cuts made.

There are several reasons behind the upcoming layoffs. When WWE jumps from SpikeTV to the USA Network in October, they will be losing HeAT and Experience, with Velocity being the only regularly scheduled weekend programming. Additionally, with the domestic house show business in a slump and the recent acquisitions of Juventud, Psicosis, Super Crazy and CM Punk, they simply can’t have as many superstars with downside guarantees on their payroll.

El Santo
06-28-2005, 11:23 PM
C'mon, Hardcore Holly.

Marcyo
06-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Although that is sad, we can kiss Akio goodbye.

Zen v.W.o.
06-28-2005, 11:32 PM
They seem to do this whenever they have diva searches. Making roster cuts to sign all the damn divas? God I hope not. Seemed that way last year.

Hired Hitman
06-28-2005, 11:38 PM
I like Akio. *bows with fist in palm*

Innovator
06-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Bye Val

Batsu
06-29-2005, 12:12 AM
The cuts will be sure to piss us off, for sure.

What's so different about USA and Spike TV? Velocity and Heat are going bye-bye?

M. Banana
06-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Fuckin' hell....

Jaded-Dragon
06-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Yes... it is around this time we all ask ourselves this question, "You need to make talent cuts because business is down, yet you are spending 250k on another silicon filled waste of space?"

Ruien
06-29-2005, 12:24 AM
I swear they better not let Maven go.

Marcyo
06-29-2005, 12:30 AM
I swear they better not let Maven go.

Sorry, but I don't see him staying where he is. :(

Scootie Stankers
06-29-2005, 12:32 AM
they are so retarded

they shouldnt make cuts. they should take Velocity and Heat, combine the two hours together and start up ECW on saturday nights. I would totally watch it. Have the ECW guys go at it but then they should incorporate the soon to be cut wrestlers into the shows too

KayfabeMan
06-29-2005, 12:34 AM
Good move, take guys off the road who have children to feed.

Replace them with single women who have the minds of children.

Children could do a better job of running the WWE.

Therefore the Diva Search is a good idea. :shifty:

weather vane
06-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Get rid of ---

Visera
Tomko
Rosey
Maria
Scotty 2 Hotty
Michelle
Heindreich
Funaki
Bashams

Innovator
06-29-2005, 12:56 AM
NO

NOT GOATBOY

Watson
06-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Bye Val

SuperSlim
06-29-2005, 01:00 AM
for some reason I think I'm going to be saying bye bye to Charlie Haas :'(

Hired Hitman
06-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Maven will be good, look how far he has came, in the next 5 years he will be atleast midcard with a title.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Haas will be safe, as will Akio. ( Haas seems to be in good with Holly, and was teaming with him recently, so I doubt it'll be him.) And WHy would they release Akio when they're obviously trying to build the cruiser division up.

Corkscrewed
06-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Christy Hemme
Candice
<s>Joy Giovanni</s>
Maria
Michelle McCool
There we go. I need Joy. :D

But yeah... they need spots for the new Divas, so they've gotta let people go of course.

That's why they HIRED the Godfather on Sunday (unless that was a one time only thing). http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/meh.gif

Mister Sinister
06-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Come On, Release The Masterpiece!

Hired Hitman
06-29-2005, 03:45 AM
There we go. I need Joy. :D

But yeah... they need spots for the new Divas, so they've gotta let people go of course.

That's why they HIRED the Godfather on Sunday (unless that was a one time only thing). http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/meh.gif
Maybe you're right, She does have a nice butt.

Shaggy
06-29-2005, 08:27 AM
That would be funny as hell is they release The Masterpiece before someone breaks the Masterlock

SuperSlim
06-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Masterpiece can never be let go. He finally had a watchable segment Monday. Maybe next MOnday it can continue

RottingFreak
06-29-2005, 10:25 AM
The cruiserweight division is looking good. I hope to god they don't release any of the talent...

Evil Vito
06-29-2005, 10:44 AM
<font color=goldenrod>For some reason I can see JBL begging Vince to release Stevie/Simon Dean just to piss off Blue Meanie.</font> :(

Anybody Thrilla
06-29-2005, 10:48 AM
I really don't want to see Heat go. This is super shitty.

Anybody Thrilla
06-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey, maybe they can alternate Velocity between Raw and Smackdown stars from week to week?

KingofOldSchool
06-29-2005, 10:59 AM
My predictions to be released.

Funaki
Steven RIchards
Billy Kidman
Shannon Moore
Kezo Suzuki
Ivory

Nark Order
06-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Bye Val

The Mackem
06-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Going to be more divas than wrestlers soon and I still don't know any of their names.

PorkSoda
06-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Funny how the WWE is going to probably release Val, Moore, Akio, and other wrestlers while they keep the diva search going on.

Actually, maybe the current divas in the diva search are the ones to go. Vince might just realize that this whole diva search thing is pure BS and announce on Raw that they're all FIIIIIIRRRRRREEEEDDDDD.

Just John
06-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Kidman - I really dont want him to go,.... but

And for some really bad gut feeling I think Jericho will, which I would die if he was.

oh and Maven

NoRoolz
06-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Akio :(:(
Shannon Moore
Mark Jindrak
Scotty 2 Hotty
Val Venis :(:(
Steven Richards :(:(
Simon Dean :(:(.

They're my predictions, I really hope the majority of them DON'T go. It's stupid releasing the heat and velocity guys, because then if they're released - who gets demoted to Velocity and Heat?

6to1
06-29-2005, 02:00 PM
well if usa does not pick up heat and velocity then there is 2 hours less wwe can use. i just hope tna can get a better deal so they can get some of these wrestlers.

Crashnburn
06-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Kidman - I really dont want him to go,.... but

Why, God, Why? He is an uncharasmatic bore! He has no personality and his ring work as of late to say the least isn't the best its been. This guy is top of my list to be released. Besides when he's gone London can finally start doing the London Calling.

I'm also begging WWE to finally drop the axe on the worm. Get rid of Scotty 2 Hotty. There's no reason to keep him on board.

Amaroqwolf
06-29-2005, 02:18 PM
I'll be sad to See Shannon Moore go..but hey WWE's Loss is TNA X-divisions Gain. What I remember of Moore from WCW He was pretty damn good. But I might be wrong I was 13 and that was 10 years ago and he was 16 so...(shrugs) Yeah, I'm tired as heck and I'm rambling and I don't want Shannon to go because that only leaves Shane Helms whose worth watching from NC. Cause Lita can go to hell.

Peace,

Chavo Classic
06-29-2005, 02:41 PM
...And WHy would they release Akio when they're obviously trying to build the cruiser division up.

because Vince just loves his cruiserweights.

Chavo Classic
06-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Why, God, Why? He is an uncharasmatic bore! He has no personality and his ring work as of late to say the least isn't the best its been. This guy is top of my list to be released. Besides when he's gone London can finally start doing the London Calling.

I'm also begging WWE to finally drop the axe on the worm. Get rid of Scotty 2 Hotty. There's no reason to keep him on board.

So basically, get rid of those cruiserweights who aren't really cruiserweights because of their style. I gotta admit that makes sense. I probably wouldn't shed a tear if guys like Kidman, Hotty and Spike are released, because their styles aren't really cruiserweight as opposed to the styles of London, Rey Mysterio and Super Crazy.

However, this might also mean they'd have to get rid of Chavo too, because he's more of the brawler type of cruiserweight. A mistake like this would bother me, I would be very upset and probably I would more or less sob until i was dehydrated.

Watson
06-29-2005, 03:02 PM
I doubt they'll release Billy Kidman because of Torrie Wilson. If they got rid of Kidman then Torrie would be unhappy and probably want to leave herself and you know WWE can't afford to lose a diva. http://tpww.net/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Chavo Classic
06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Are they still dating? Fuck, i'm tired of all this nepotism in the WWE.

Crashnburn
06-29-2005, 03:03 PM
So basically, get rid of those cruiserweights who aren't really cruiserweights because of their style. I gotta admit that makes sense. I probably wouldn't shed a tear if guys like Kidman, Hotty and Spike are released, because their styles aren't really cruiserweight as opposed to the styles of London, Rey Mysterio and Super Crazy.

However, this might also mean they'd have to get rid of Chavo too, because he's more of the brawler type of cruiserweight. A mistake like this would bother me, I would be very upset and probably I would more or less sob until i was dehydrated.

I agree with you I like Chavo as well and would hate for him to go. But you read too much into my post. The fact that both men are Cruiserweights is just a coincidence. The reason I want Kidman gone is because he is uncharasmatic, his in ring performance is not up to par, he's injury prone, and he's prone to injure other wrestlers. The thing I mentioned about the London Calling is just a bonus to Kidman leaving.

I want Scotty 2 Hotty to leave because I feel he's just a waste of a spot on the WWE roster all together. His gimmick is like 5 - 6 years old, he gets very little reaction from the fans, he has not been involved in any storylines in years, he also is injury prone, and finally I've always hated watching one of his matches... just nothing to write home about.

Crashnburn
06-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Are they still dating? Fuck, i'm tired of all this nepotism in the WWE.

They're married.

Chavo Classic
06-29-2005, 03:07 PM
On the other hand, why would this stop them? When they fired the Kat a few years back, Lawler decided he was going to walk out in protest. 9 months later he was back because he realised it was the better career option.

If they really fired Kidman, why would Torrie have to leave? Sure, it would be a great sign of loyalty to Billy but she'd have to weigh up the pros and cons. The biggest con being that she would be out of a well paid job, and that there are very few alternatives. She couldn't make it in Hollywood and she's too much like all the other models to make a living from Playboy etc.

Chavo Classic
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
I agree with you I like Chavo as well and would hate for him to go. But you read too much into my post. The fact that both men are Cruiserweights is just a coincidence. The reason I want Kidman gone is because he is uncharasmatic, his in ring performance is not up to par, he's injury prone, and he's prone to injure other wrestlers. The thing I mentioned about the London Calling is just a bonus to Kidman leaving.
I was Scotty 2 Hotty to leave because I feel he's just a waste of a spot on the WWE roster all together. His gimmick is like 5 - 6 years old, he gets very little reaction from the fans, he has not been involved in any storylines in years, he also is injury prone, and finally I've always hated watching one of his matches... just nothing to write home about.

I agree with both your points. It's also co-incidental that these two both have the 'alternative' style in the cruiserweight division. The addition of Spike Dudley to that list is perhaps my own wishful thinking.

For the reasons you've mentioned above, I'd probably say that Holly and Maven would be favourites to leave also. They have little natural charisma and no definitive gimmick.

Crashnburn
06-29-2005, 03:10 PM
On the other hand, why would this stop them? When they fired the Kat a few years back, Lawler decided he was going to walk out in protest. 9 months later he was back because he realised it was the better career option.

Yeah, that and the Kat left him. :lol:

Chavo Classic
06-29-2005, 03:15 PM
but you didn't see him slagging her off on his website now did you, Matt?

Crashnburn
06-29-2005, 03:18 PM
For the reasons you've mentioned above, I'd probably say that Holly and Maven would be favourites to leave also. They have little natural charisma and no definitive gimmick.

I don't know if they'll let Maven go. I think WWE still has hopes of proving that Tough Enough was worth it.

Crashnburn
06-29-2005, 03:19 PM
but you didn't see him slagging her off on his website now did you, Matt?

lol

Chavo Classic
06-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Word is that management believes Maven doesn't pull his weight in the ring. It's a bad sign for him when the guy from Tough Enough 3 is already a champion, and the closest Maven's been to a real championship was a 25 second joke of a match with Shelton.

Innovator
06-29-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey Kat leaving was awesome, we had Heyman announcing for 9 months.

Torrie can leave, what else can she do besides pose in Playboy for the 3rd time? WWE already milked her for everything, so her and Kidman are expendable.

Londoner
06-29-2005, 07:17 PM
My prediction for the roster cuts are..erm..the whole of smackdown!(somebody had to do that joke..)

But seriously, this seems to be like a yearly thing now, and i partly blame the diva search. No wonder they're having to have cuts when they waste all that fucking money on some dumb bitch no one gives a flying fuck about.

vampiro03
06-29-2005, 07:35 PM
doesnt the big show have like 105 years left on his contract? cuts hummm id say spike, scotty, simon dean, and hopefully mervin(mavin). mervin will never be cool

Somebody's Gotta Die
06-29-2005, 07:55 PM
In my opinion, the following people should be released to add room to buy more talents like Juventud and Sabu:

1. Rosey - sloppy worker, stupid gimmick, out of shape
2. Maven - he's nothing spectacular and has gotten pretty old with the fans
3. Mark Jindrak - very generic worker, good physique+dropkick, that's about it
4. Scotty 2 Hotty - has got a good run, nothing left for him really
5. Shannon Moore - contributing nothing at this point, would do better in TNA
6. Candice - nobody cares about her, contributes absolutely nothing
7. Maria - forgot her lines on a RAW segment = not deserving of the job
8. Lauren - another useless diva search competitor

- Bring Hurricane back to the cruiserweight division
- Put Tomko+Morgan together as a legitimate tag-team
- Put Snitsky+Heidenreich together as another legitimate tag-team
- Put Haas on RAW somehow and give him a push
- Keep Holly around, don't give him any major wins of any kind
- Masters is going over pretty well and he's all right as a "Luger"-type persona
- Viscera seems to get a good pop from the crowd so Vis=ratings
- Christy, Joy and Michelle are the only tolerable, somewhat over diva search people

The Answer
06-29-2005, 08:47 PM
My predictions to be released.

Funaki
Steven RIchards
Billy Kidman
Shannon Moore
Kezo Suzuki
Ivory

If they release Kidman and think Torrie will walk to....

My predictions

Funaki
Shannon Moore
Akio
Tomko(no more captain charisma on raw so....)
Val Venis
Kenzo Suzuki
Hardcore Holly
Spike Dudley
couple of divas

FourFifty
06-29-2005, 10:10 PM
<i>*Somewhere in WWE HQ...*</i>

<b>Vince:</b> <i>*over the PA*</i> I need 5 random lower mid card wrestlers who believe they have earned a push to report to my office.

<b>HHH:</b> *snickers* This'll be great, Dad!

<i>*Val Venis, Scotty 2 Hotty, Mark Jindrack, Shannon Moore, and Chris Masters all come up to the office*</i>

<b>Mid Carders:</b> Yes, oh high and mighty Vince whom we adore!

<b>HHH:</b> Well, as you all know, with WWE going back to the USA network, some changes have to be made, and we believe that we found the right way to make sure all of you get ahead in this company.

<i>*the midcarders look hopeful*</i>

<b>Vince:</b> YOU"RE FI.... Chris, please leave my office... <i>*Chris Masters leaves*</i> REEEEEEED! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE BEFORE I CALL SECURITY AND I HAVE MY MAGIC ROBOTS KILL YOU!!!!

<i>*the midcarders look sad*</i>

<b>HHH:</b> BWA HA AH AH AH AHA HA AHA HA!!! I LOVE DOING THAT!!!!

darkpower
06-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Actually, I think that was more of a work than a botch. They are doing good with her "dumb blond" thing, I think. Plus, she's not as hard to look at as, say, Todd Grisiam.

Anyway, I don't see how they should have to lose two shows like that. Isn't UPN wanting to try a Saturday night lineup? Maybe they can take Velocity, although knowing their current trend of demographicing, I doubt this would be a possibility. and then Experience and Heat can air on Saturday mornings and Sunday nights, respectivley. Or, use USA's partnership with NBC to it's advantage and try to get Velocity onto NBC or something like that.

I dunno who I would want to be released besides Triple H (and you know that isn't happening). I just hope neither Eddie or Angle are.

Fryza
06-30-2005, 01:24 AM
In my opinion, the following people should be released to add room to buy more talents like Juventud and Sabu:

1. Rosey - sloppy worker, stupid gimmick, out of shape
2. Maven - he's nothing spectacular and has gotten pretty old with the fans
3. Mark Jindrak - very generic worker, good physique+dropkick, that's about it
4. Scotty 2 Hotty - has got a good run, nothing left for him really
5. Shannon Moore - contributing nothing at this point, would do better in TNA
6. Candice - nobody cares about her, contributes absolutely nothing
8. Lauren - another useless diva search competitor

- Bring Hurricane back to the cruiserweight division
- Put Tomko+Morgan together as a legitimate tag-team
- Put Snitsky+Heidenreich together as another legitimate tag-team
- Put Haas on RAW somehow and give him a push
- Keep Holly around, don't give him any major wins of any kind
- Masters is going over pretty well and he's all right as a "Luger"-type persona
- Viscera seems to get a good pop from the crowd so Vis=ratings
- Christy, Joy and Michelle are the only tolerable, somewhat over diva search people

Not really predicitions, but this is honestly what I'd like to see. If this were the case, trade Morgan with Snitsky, and Haas with Hurricane. Use Hardcore as a jobber to get people over. Bam, everything works out. The roster is smaller, allowing more air time (the A and B shows) for everyone, so a lot of wrestlers aren't left in the dark.

Though, I could see them dropping Akio, Kidman, Dean, Richards, Ivory, and (sadly) La Résistance. Wouldn't mind seeing Spike and the Dudleyz go...

Deceit
06-30-2005, 01:30 AM
I'd drop:

Maven
Jindrak
Tomko
Rosey
Kenzo
Val
Scotty

And basically the ideas that Somebody's had.

.44 Magdalene
06-30-2005, 01:31 AM
They should release all the current diva search contestants.

Just trying to save you money here, Mr. McMahon. :y:

The Highlander
06-30-2005, 02:20 AM
Wish List (Ain't gonna happen):

Triple H
Batista
John Cena
JBL
Big Show
Romeo
Antonio
Kenzo Suzuki
Matt Morgon
Stacy Keibler
Christy Hemme
Candice
Joy Giovanni
Maria
Michelle McCool
Randy Orton

Fryza
06-30-2005, 02:25 AM
Triple H
Big Show
Romeo
Antonio
Kenzo Suzuki
Christy Hemme
Candice
Maria

Much better. :y:

KingofOldSchool
06-30-2005, 02:55 AM
Wish List (Ain't gonna happen):

Triple H
Batista
John Cena
JBL
Big Show
Romeo
Antonio
Kenzo Suzuki
Matt Morgon
Stacy Keibler
Christy Hemme
Candice
Joy Giovanni
Maria
Michelle McCool
Randy Orton

You're a moron.

ianpoole
06-30-2005, 04:49 AM
Bye bye Rene Dupree
See ya later Tomko
No more Scotty 2 Hotty
Au revoir Sylvain Grenier
And Mohammad Hassan should be cut for just being an idiot

Though if that was the case, everyone except Benoit would be cut

Shannon Moore definitely
Akio maybe but I think he will be champ soon
The Bashams
Simon Dean will be cut and they will bring Nova back, Nova ruled all

Eunos
06-30-2005, 05:47 AM
Sadly i can see Rene Duprees time in WWE Slipping away.

Also:
Jindrak
Nunzio
Shanoon Moore
Maven

Impact!
06-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Bye bye Rene Dupree
And Mohammad Hassan should be cut for just being an idiot
Though if that was the case, everyone except Benoit would be cut
Akio maybe but I think he will be champ soon
Simon Dean will be cut and they will bring Nova back, Nova ruled all
Yeah........... :|

Impact!
06-30-2005, 07:57 AM
sylvian Grenier
bIlly kidman
Val venis
Eugene

shannon Moore
hardcorE holly

Rosey
kEnzo Suzuki
sPike Dudley

vampiro03
06-30-2005, 05:45 PM
I think hassan makes an awesome iron sheik ripoff. the people LOVE to hate him. he is a really good heel. cutting him would be a mistake because just like roddy piper always says "they wouldn't have loved you so much, if they hadn't hated me so much". you need good heels to make big stars.

LK
06-30-2005, 06:50 PM
My predictions for job cuts are:

Kenzo Suzuki
Shannon Moore
Scotty
Val Venis
Jindrak

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
lol at Walters selling the "BIG Release" on the front page. I'm thinking it's a wrestler and it's some guy named Marc Floyd.

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 07:01 PM
or Loyd or whatever

Cooler Tom Schuler
06-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Goodbye Al Snow. :(

KayfabeMan
06-30-2005, 07:16 PM
I can't really give my opinion on releases within WWE.

1/2 of their roster is shit, and with the way that they switch talents lately it doesn't really matter who they cut. A portion of the roster who is actually good will never get a push within the company, so at least they can be let free to do something on their own. The other portion of people who are major shit don't even deserve to be on the indy scene, so let them go. Then you have guys who are crap and have no chance of getting cut due to connections, etc.

This all stems from three things:
1) WWE's mis-use of the majority of their current actual talents.
2) The lack of decent talents on the independent scene -AND-
3) WWE's constant inability to sign any of the good talents that are available.

tucsonspeed6
07-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Realistically, who I'd cut:

The Bashams - Never really stood out to me. Solid wrestling, but no charisma. In a company with a TV deal, guys like them come a dime a dozen, but ones who can cut a good promo are worth tons more.

Miss Jackie - Every other female wrestler can wrestle already, can be taught to wrestle, or has enough charisma to hold her own weight. Plus, it's pretty bad when your name has become a term used to define the worst of all possible matches.

Rosey - He was originally paired up with Hurricane to use Hurricane's charisma to help him get off the ground. Now, the pair has been teamed up with Stacy to use her charisma and other assets to help the both of them get off the ground. How large will this stable have to become before they can carry Rosey's "weight"?

Hardcore Holly - The man's been around since the mid 90's and hasn't been worth ANYTHING since he came. He's bad news backstage, works stiff, and his push to ME blew up in the company's face. When a guy has been around that long, has proven he can't draw one fan, and can't pull off a real gimmick, it's time to go. If Lance Storm could pull off a no-gimmick gimmick, Holly could at least try to do something with himself.

Chris Masters - How long will they continue to do this "Masterlock Challenge" before the fans begin to realize that management is avoiding puting the guy in a real match? His physique isn't extraordinary, despite the WWE's claims that it is, his gimmick and the masterlock challenge could be picked up by somebody else (not that I expect it to draw fans no matter how long it lasts), and did I mention he's so stiff, he's injured almost every opponent he's wrestled?

Who the WWE will probably cut, and why they shouldn't:

Victoria: Management probably feels that she's injury prone and doesn't have the charisma to stay on TV. Watch a backstage promo between two non-wrestling divas and you'll understand why this is such a mistake. The non-wrestling diva's ONLY make their appearances in backstage promos, and the majority of the time they mumble to each other so you don't know what they're saying. Injury prone and a lack of charisma vs. Never wrestling in the first place and no charisma at all? Hmm....

Val Venus: Management probably feels that his gimmick won't work anymore because it's out dated. It never occured to them to ever CHANGE his gimmick, so they'll fire him. Truth is, he's a solid wrestler, and has the charisma and mic skills to pull off ANY character they give him.

Any ground-based cruiser: Ask management who the cruiserweights are and they'll reply "Those are the guys who do high-spots, right?" The ground based cruisers have larger move sets than hosses, many are more charismatic, and their matches can last a lot longer than a hoss's and be more entertaining.

Scotty 2 Hotty: Same as Val Venus. A good writer could use his true life "cancer survivor" story and make it into a profitable gimmick. If they booked it just right, they could actually get millions and millions of people to boo a cancer survivor right out of the building as one of the biggest heels in the business. Of course, it'd require a good writer, and that's not something the WWE wishes to pursue at this time...so what do they do with him? Immediately after his return, he vows to win the Royal Rumble....and never makes it to the ring. Yes, the cancer surviving underdog got beat up before he could even make it to the ring and was eliminated before he could even enter the Rumble. Now, some people say that the WWE dropped the ball when they left a storyline unfinished, but if you want a real example of dropping the ball, it's allowing a guy use a grossly outdated storyline even after given the oppertunity to turn him into the next JBL. Fuckin' idiots.

William Regal: Yes, he's been on TV a lot lately, and yes, he has been holding on to a title as well, but he's nothing more than a filler to the WWE. They have him moving from tag team to tag team in a division that's being phased out. Somebody's gonna say that he can't draw, or that he's too lazy in the ring, or that he has no charisma. Why can't the WWE learn that having an accent doesn't count as a gimmick. He can help sell out any arena in the UK, and even when he's not wrestling he makes great promos backstage. Having him as commish was a good thing. Having him be Eugene's manager was a good thing. Having him in a nonspeaking role wrestling for a defunct title is a BAD thing.

Cool King
07-01-2005, 06:33 PM
The people I think will go are:

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/chris_masters_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/ivory_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/maven_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/the_hurricane_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/todd_grisham_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/akio_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/dawn_marie_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/funaki_small.jpg
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/219704
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/shannon_moore.jpg

Just John
07-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Joey mercury and Randy Orton??? That would make no sense!?

Oh right I see what you're getting at... :shifty:

Corkscrewed
07-01-2005, 06:44 PM
If http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/Superstars/29278/akio_small.jpg goes, there will be hell to pay.

NoRoolz
07-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Yeah Akio is one of the most under-rated wrestlers in the WWE, he is an amazing performer and doesn't need a microphone, just let him go in the ring and he will pull out ***** matches, if he goes I will really be pissed off. He has so much to offer and would do wonders for the Cruiserweight division.

Cooler Tom Schuler
07-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Joey mercury and Randy Orton??? That would make no sense!?

...Randy Orton isn't up there...

LK
07-01-2005, 08:23 PM
It's a little insider joke

The Answer
07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
If they release Kidman and think Torrie will walk to....

My predictions

Funaki
Shannon Moore
Akio
Tomko(no more captain charisma on raw so....)
Val Venis
Kenzo Suzuki
Hardcore Holly
Spike Dudley
couple of divas

4 down 5 more to go....