PDA

View Full Version : Wolves 1 Manchester United 0

Cactus Sid
01-17-2004, 09:39 AM
It needed its own topic :D

Come on you Wolves, fantastic result, result of the season.

'AVE IT

Wengerland
01-17-2004, 10:52 AM
How can Ferguson say they are better without Beckham after that,Fletcher and O'Shea must've put at least 5 poor crosses in.

Well done Wolves,you'll soon be above us.:(

packt up
01-17-2004, 11:04 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mr. Monday Morning
01-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Damn you for taking the creation of this thread away from me :mad:

But hey, I'm in a loving kind of mood :love:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*Prepares Mask/Rob Harvey/etc etc tauntage*

Cactus Sid
01-17-2004, 01:54 PM
I did think of you when I made the thread, but then I thought, sod it.

Also, we lost to a Helder Postiga goal.....

Dazz
01-17-2004, 01:57 PM

Yeah I was online when Wolves won, I was thinking about making this thread, but I didnt wanna 'steal your thunder' as they say on Friends.

Purpleduck and Mike also.

Y2Ant
01-17-2004, 02:02 PM
AHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

J O B B E D

WHOOOOOOOO HAVE IT :love:

Haha my mate is 21 today, and he HATES United, imagine how happy he will be :cool:

Mr. Monday Morning
01-17-2004, 02:49 PM
I did think of you when I made the thread, but then I thought, sod it.

Also, we lost to a Helder Postiga goal.....

Please play Cheyrou, Traore and Biscan against us :$

Wengerland
01-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah I was online when Wolves won, I was thinking about making this thread, but I didnt wanna 'steal your thunder' as they say on Friends.

Purpleduck and Mike also.

Apparantly Mike isn't bothered about football much now. :'(

Anyway we conceded 2 goals in injury time to draw. :mad: :mad: :n: :rant: :| :(

Rob
01-17-2004, 04:48 PM
How can Ferguson say they are better without Beckham after that,Fletcher and O'Shea must've put at least 5 poor crosses in.

Well done Wolves,you'll soon be above us.:(

Well we pissed our European group and are better positioned in the league now than we were this time last year so that's pretty much how he can say it.

Rob
01-17-2004, 04:48 PM

Fair enough. You should have got something at Old Trafford too.

How long have I been telling you about Kenny Miller though?

The Mask
01-17-2004, 07:21 PM
:'(

This'll make taunting you when you go down so much easier :mad:

Mr. Monday Morning
01-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Fair enough. You should have got something at Old Trafford too.

How long have I been telling you about Kenny Miller though?

Did you watch the game? :wtf: Miller was shocking through 40-70% of it. And to be brutally honest Howard should've saved the goal :$

But meh. If he can get some kind of form together and start hitting goals it'll be a huge help coming in to the latter stages.

Mr. Monday Morning
01-17-2004, 08:17 PM
:'(

This'll make taunting you when you go down so much easier :mad:

HI MASK!!!!!!!1!11!!

Mr. Monday Morning
01-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Just what the hell was Fergie thinking putting Ronaldo on the left?

Didn't make a decent cross all game

I'm surprised he never switched him to the right...he probably would've skinned Naylor alive :$

Wengerland
01-18-2004, 06:41 AM
Well we pissed our European group and are better positioned in the league now than we were this time last year so that's pretty much how he can say it.

k but after seeing some of the crosses being put in yesterday despite all the time given to them on the right i would think different,Beckham is world class and would make any team better,the better record could easily be put down to the defence working well and the new keeper.

Rob
01-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Did you watch the game? :wtf: Miller was shocking through 40-70% of it. And to be brutally honest Howard should've saved the goal :$

But meh. If he can get some kind of form together and start hitting goals it'll be a huge help coming in to the latter stages.

Nah didn't see the game but heard our crossing was awful. Miller needs a few games under his belt still (how they play Camara and Blake ahead of him baffles me) but he has the talent.

Rob
01-18-2004, 07:39 AM
k but after seeing some of the crosses being put in yesterday despite all the time given to them on the right i would think different,Beckham is world class and would make any team better,the better record could easily be put down to the defence working well and the new keeper.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to stay and I still think he is world class but the team had to evolve and Fergie said he had to go. I have learnt a long time ago never to doubt him too. I personally don't think he should play two under 20's on the wing at once (pick one or the other) but he knows them better than I do. Defence and goalie are the reason we are a better team than last year no doubt, but the point is we are still better as a team.

Dazz
01-18-2004, 07:54 AM

:wtf:, your European group is different to last years, and the league position halfway through a season is not greatly affected by one player, but accoreding to your logic does this mean if you don't retain the title then you should have kept Beckham?

And yes about Miller, years ago when I used to like Scottish football I saw Miller play some blinders for Rangers, and then was shocked to hear that he was at Wolves.

Rob
01-18-2004, 08:00 AM
Not at all but the fact still remains we are a better team now than we were last year and we don't have Beckham. For all we know, we could have been even better if we had Beckham this season but we don't but the fact still remains.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-18-2004, 08:45 AM
Meh, 1-0 loss against wolves isn't that bad, still top well until later this afternoon at least. Everyone of the big clubs drops points to one of the lesser teams who will be relegated.

<font color=black>

Only Joking, it's a game we expected to win and well we deserved to get beaten in the end.

</font>

Mr. Monday Morning
01-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Nah didn't see the game but heard our crossing was awful. Miller needs a few games under his belt still (how they play Camara and Blake ahead of him baffles me) but he has the talent.

It's mainly down to formation...a lot of games we tend to play 4-5-1 with Iversen or Blake as the target man (personally I'll take Iversen any day because he runs his heart out and is effective, as he was yesterday. Blake is a lazy bastard who isn't interested unless he has the ball). For those purposes Camara tends to be a better choice to fit into the midfield because for everything he lacks he's like frickin greased lightning when he gets going.

Personally I'd like to see us use Camara on the left instead of Kennedy in a 4-4-2 because I take back what I said at the start of the season...not only is he ineffective going forward but he doesn't protect Naylor at all (probably the fullback in the league who needs most protecting)...and he seems a bit stupid too :-\

Mr. Monday Morning
01-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Meh, 1-0 loss against wolves isn't that bad, still top well until later this afternoon at least. Everyone of the big clubs drops points to one of the lesser teams who will be relegated.

<font color=black>

Only Joking, it's a game we expected to win and well we deserved to get beaten in the end.

</font>

Coming from the guy who tipped Newcastle for the league and said we wouldn't get 10 points all season you'll forgive me for ignoring that :lol::lol::lol:

Wengerland
01-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to stay and I still think he is world class but the team had to evolve and Fergie said he had to go. I have learnt a long time ago never to doubt him too. I personally don't think he should play two under 20's on the wing at once (pick one or the other) but he knows them better than I do. Defence and goalie are the reason we are a better team than last year no doubt, but the point is we are still better as a team.

Yeah thats cool,just making a point.

I guess my comment was a bit of an unfair one,United as a team look better this season but it was just the amount of poor crosses coming in,and i think you've got to be disapointed when,imo,your 2 best crosses of the game came from Keane and Scholes despite the wide players having about 10 attempts.But i guess i was disspointed that United lost as i was hoping they would win.( MMM :( (}) ,but i had little confidence in Leicester without you being 2 points behind with a game in hand,and that wa before injury time in the Boro game).

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-18-2004, 02:44 PM
Coming from the guy who tipped Newcastle for the league and said we wouldn't get 10 points all season you'll forgive me for ignoring that :lol::lol::lol:
I'll take it you didn't read the full post then

Disturbed316
01-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Apparantly Mike isn't bothered about football much now. :'(

Sound familiar

:shifty:

Mr. Monday Morning
01-19-2004, 08:50 AM
I'll take it you didn't read the full post then

Oh, I see, too ashamed to properly admit defeat eh? :mad:

Mike
01-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Sound familiar

eh?

I am again now though, joined a mans team .. starting to get back into the lifestyle of it, so I'm kinda back into it again.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh, I see, too ashamed to properly admit defeat eh? :mad:
:D

Wengerland
01-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Sound familiar

You should like it if you play champ manager. :mad:

Disturbed316
01-19-2004, 04:51 PM
You should like it if you play champ manager. :mad:

I know :cry:

I love champ, but not still not as into footy as I used to be....or should be.