PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Hell in a Cell Match?

Sadistic
06-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Overall, which was you're favourite hell in a cell match and why?

I feel that each one had something different about it that attracted different viewers.

Corndad
06-30-2005, 03:49 PM
I actually really like the 6-man Cell for the Title, but gotta give it up to the First Cell between Taker-HBK, that set the bar so high for the other ones.

While Im posting, the worst was Nash-HHH, just horrible.

Team Sheep
06-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Mankind vs Undertaker. Just for Foley's horrific bumps, absolutely incredible. I think that one and HBK/Taker set the standard for HIAC matches but the people were dissapointed in the Lesnar/Taker match because, if I recall correctly, that was the first HIAC match were they didn't actually go out of the cell. But they had to lower expectations of HIAC at some point, you can't expect a dive off the top in every one. It had to be done, and it was just a matter of time. Anyway, I kind of strolled off the point of the topic there. Foley/Taker hands down.

Crashnburn
06-30-2005, 03:53 PM
I think in all honesty the 6 man Aramaggeddon Hell in a Cell was my favorite.

edit - This is going to sound bad but I don't remember the HHH - Jericho HIAC. Can someone refresh my memory about it?

Nowhere Man
06-30-2005, 03:55 PM
The only genuinely bad ones were Taker/BossMan and HHH/Nash. Other than that, each one brought something a little different to the table.

If I had to pick one, though, I'd have to go with the infamous Taker/Mankind match. The big bump has been (unsuccessfully) recreated several times, but nothing quite compares to the sheer shock of seeing Foley get thrown off that damn Cell for the first time. KotR '98 is the match that set the standard for HIAC, and in terms of shock value, has yet to be topped (and considering how badly Foley got hurt in that one, I hope it never is)

Sadistic
06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
I voted for Triple H vs. Cactus from no way out. That match is what hell in a cell matches should be like. Now day's hell in a cell matches don't even go outside the cell. I also loved taker vs. Michaels, taker vs. mankind and triple h vs. Jericho.
The newer hell in a cell matches I don't like so much, they seem to be getting worse and more repetitive until I actually don't look forward to them any more. They used to be something unique and special but now they are just another boring gimmick.

Sadistic
06-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I think in all honesty the 6 man Aramaggeddon Hell in a Cell was my favorite.

edit - This is going to sound bad but I don't remember the HHH - Jericho HIAC. Can someone refresh my memory about it?
It was actually one of the better ones. They went up to the top of the cell, triple h got the barbed wire bat and the match ended when triple h pedigreed jericho on top of the cell. the ref had to climb up to the top to make the count.
Remember?

SuperSlim
06-30-2005, 04:01 PM
if Ihad to go with any it would have to be the first one tween Taker and HBK

Team Sheep
06-30-2005, 04:03 PM
The bad thing about HHH/Y2J though was that falls count anywhere was introduced without any word.

Crashnburn
06-30-2005, 04:05 PM
It was actually one of the better ones. They went up to the top of the cell, triple h got the barbed wire bat and the match ended when triple h pedigreed jericho on top of the cell. the ref had to climb up to the top to make the count.
Remember?

I'm not recalling it but I'm going to go check it out. When was this? What PPV?

SuperSlim
06-30-2005, 04:05 PM
I'ma try to upload it for ya. for those that haven't seen it

mike627
06-30-2005, 04:06 PM
Taker Vs. Mankind it is simply the best HIAC next too HBK Vs. Taker.

Team Sheep
06-30-2005, 04:08 PM
I'm not recalling it but I'm going to go check it out. When was this? What PPV?

Judgment Day 2002 I think.

Chavo Classic
06-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I think Hell in the Cell has finally turned the corner. Now that we're not waiting for some poor fuck to get thrown/jump off the top, the matches have gotten a lot better. It's got a whole new intensity and brutality about it. Good show from the bookers, match co-ordinaters and of course, the wrestlers (and that includes Triple H)

SuperSlim
06-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Judgment Day 2002 I think.

yeah that was when it was

Sadistic
06-30-2005, 04:15 PM
I think Hell in the Cell has finally turned the corner. Now that we're not waiting for some poor fuck to get thrown/jump off the top, the matches have gotten a lot better. It's got a whole new intensity and brutality about it. Good show from the bookers, match co-ordinaters and of course, the wrestlers (and that includes Triple H)
That makes no sense. Look back on the old matches where someone got thrown off the cell. They were far more brutal. The modern hell in a cell matches are just boring and repetitive. The last 4 have all been very similar.

Chavo Classic
06-30-2005, 04:27 PM
That makes no sense. Look back on the old matches where someone got thrown off the cell. They were far more brutal. The modern hell in a cell matches are just boring and repetitive. The last 4 have all been very similar.

Of course it makes sense! We had a few matches where all we did was wait for one of the competitors to get thrown off the roof of the cage and nothing else. Now that we've finally gotten over that little obsession we're finally beginning to see a new side to the Hell in a Cell match.

Naturally, I'm not referring to the early Cell matches because
A) They were awesome
B) People were getting thrown from the cage

In my experience, the more recent matches such as the previous encounter between HHH and Batista have been more enjoyable than those between HHH and Nash, Undertaker and Brock, for example. So quieten up boy.

Jordan
06-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Whatever, Hell in a Cell is about brutality not sick bumps. If they throw somebody off the top of a cell all the time then it would just be stupid and very fake. Batista/Triple H was what Hell in a Cell was all about, two men after a long intense feud battling it out with no rules and nowhere to go. Your telling me that using a barbed wire wrapped steel chair on the WWE Champion is boring? That is pretty out of the norm in WWE man. Hell in a Cell is a great gimmick match and THE BEST big feud ender in wrestling.

Jordan
06-30-2005, 04:37 PM
BTW my favorite is HBK/Taker

Chavo Classic
06-30-2005, 04:44 PM
... Batista/Triple H was what Hell in a Cell was all about, two men after a long intense feud battling it out with no rules and nowhere to go....

Dam right. It's called 'Hell in a Cell' for a reason, not 'Hell thrown off a Cell' or 'Hell on top of a Cell'. HHH and Batista tore it up in that cage and put on one of the shows of the year. I'm not ashamed to say it either - but Hunter put Batista over big time last sunday. Kudos to him :y:

SuperSlim
06-30-2005, 04:53 PM
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2FKSSCT4GVIF33D3Y99KPO0XX9
Jericho vs. HHH in the cell

Chavo Classic
06-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Cheers slim

Sadistic
06-30-2005, 05:35 PM
The newer hell in a cell matches are crap. What makes them different from no DQ and hardcore matches? A few Irish whips into the cage?
Hell in a cell matches used to be one of a kind. Hell in a cell matches used to be different. I would very much enjoy watching the old ones again but if you asked me in 5 years do i want to watch hhh vs. batista i would say 'fuck no.'
The newer ones don't reflect what hell in a cell is all about.
Anyway i resented batista going in the cell. It should be kept for hardcore guys, not guys that take shots with FAKE barbed wire.
The cell id for guys like Mick Foley, he knows that a hell in a cell match should go outside the cell and up to the top.
We should have a hell in a cell match around once every 2 years and make it amazing, make it spectacular like the old ones. Now when a PPV has a hell in a cell match I just don't care anymore.

Innovator
06-30-2005, 06:02 PM
You forgot Taker & Austin vs. Kane & Mankind, Kane vs. Mankind, and the infamous Kennel from Hell

Mayo
06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Taker/Mankind hands down.

vampiro03
06-30-2005, 06:19 PM
taker/mankind for the accident on top of the cage. ut's reaction was awesome! he looked scared for mick. it was the 2nd best reaction of wtf. hogan/russo/jarrett still owns that.

Anybody Thrilla
06-30-2005, 06:54 PM
I voted HBK/Taker, just because it had never been done before. Plus, I thought the debut of Kane was pretty slick.

And actually, the Triple H/Batista one that just happened at Vengeance was a hell of a lot better than I ever expected.

Bad Company
06-30-2005, 06:58 PM
wasn't there a mankind v kane?

Mr. Nerfect
06-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Its a toss-up between the 6-Man and Triple H vs. Batista for me. Personally I think they should do Batista vs. The Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell Match next year. 'Tista would be 100% switched on, and 'Taker would be at his best, too.

I agree with Hell in a Cell Matches being OK being confined, but they do need a little boost, IMO. The Triple H vs. Batista match held my interest, and was a great match. The use of original weapons made it much more interesting than what Nash vs. Triple H was (from memory).

There is still plenty of room for Hell in a Cell Matches. We haven't ever seen a technical HIAC Match. I don't mean confined technical, but just brilliant wrestling technical. Angle vs. Michaels in a Hell in a Cell would be perfect. Solid wrestling at the start, then disection in the later half. I can just image Angle putting HBK's leg in one of the holes used to climb the Cell, getting a steel chair, and going to town on his leg.

For some reason, I want to see Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho in the Cell. A Hell in a Cell with ladder is something that hasn't been done, and it is something I personally am iching for.

I think they should give the match a hiatus until they find a eud that can feed off it, though.

Loose Cannon
06-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Mankind/Taker was just incredible and definately a landmark in professional wrestling. Foley became a Superstar after thar match to the casual fans.

Nark Order
06-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Wow, never saw that HHH/Jericho HIAC. It's fuckin awesome!

SuperSlim
06-30-2005, 07:22 PM
yeah it is good :D

in the process of picking up Batista vs. Triple H in the cell right now.

need bout half an hour or more until it's downloaded then quite a while to upload it

*edit*
just watched the match tween Batista and HHH. It was surprisingly pretty good. Not as good as Taker/HBK or Taker /Mick but it was still pretty good.

LK
06-30-2005, 07:43 PM
The first one, HBK vs Taker

Scootie Stankers
06-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Original

nuff said

SuperSlim
06-30-2005, 09:17 PM
check the official video thread for the Batista/Triple H cell match

BatistaBomb
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
i voted for taker/foley that was the shit
i've saw all of those except hunter/nash but i have to say hunter/batista was pretty damn good sunday

Savio
06-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Wheres Kane vs Foley?

The CyNick
06-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Yeah this is a tough question, but its got an obvious answer IMO.

As has been said, its hard to pass up on Foley-Taker. It wasn't as good int he ring as some of the other matches, but the bumps and Foley continuing so long after the bumps, makes it likely the most memorable match in WWE history.

HBK-Taker was probably the overall best "match" but it doesn't hold the same place in history as Foley-Taker.

I also really liked the 6-way.

Lesnar-Taker is underrated. They managed to have a great match without going out of the cage. In a way going out of the cage is kinda like 'cheating' because the whole point of the match should be to keep the guys locked inside. I think Taker-Lesnar was the first one not to go outside and Taker did a great job making Lesnar look like a monster.

I haven't seen Batista-HHH yet, so I can judge that one yet.

I also agree that HIAC needs some new twist to make it interesting again. The Elimination Chamber is a more 'dangerous' structure, which makes HIAC look weaker. The one thing HIAC always had was the chance of a big bump. But as we all know, its downright stupid to risk major talent by having them take huge bumps.

Fox
06-30-2005, 10:45 PM
HHH/Cactus, hands down. Most innovative and entertaining of the bunch, not to mention that this was Mick Foley's chance to win the WWF Title and go on to WrestleMania to compete in the main event. There really was a lot of emotion before, during and after this match.

Of course, Mick didn't win, but got thrown into the WM main event anyway, where he also lost. Total fuck up storyline wise if you ask me.

*rant*

Savio
06-30-2005, 10:47 PM
I'd like to see RVD Jeffy hardy HAIC so they can put a ladder in there and do interesting stuff.

Flair1672
07-01-2005, 12:41 AM
HHH vs Cactus Jack was my favorite Hell In A Cell Match.

The One
07-01-2005, 12:44 AM
Have to put my tally mark in for Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. Totally blew me away.

The Ravishing One
07-01-2005, 03:38 AM
Taker Vs. Mankind it is simply the best HIAC next too HBK Vs. Taker.

The Fugitive
07-01-2005, 04:22 AM
Hard to choose between HBK and Taker and Taker vs Mankind, but I'm going to have to go with Taker vs Mankind.

Everytime I see Mankind get thrown off the top of the cell, I get shivers down my spine.

Bo
07-01-2005, 08:59 AM
The 6 man one. Because I was there and hell it was unbelieveable.

Disturbed316
07-01-2005, 09:10 AM
They need to stop doing HIAC matches for about 2 years. Also, Triple H has been in too many of them.

Marcyo
07-03-2005, 12:31 PM
6-way was awesome.

Just John
07-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Looking back, there have been some good ones (and some god-awful ones) but I'd go for HBK vs Undertaker and The 6 man one at armageddon wasn't too bad and the one at No Way Out HHH Vs. Catus Jack was quite good (see what I mean)

But there have been bad ones, HHH vs. Nash was a load of tits and the one at Bad Blood (HHH Vs. HBK) was boring.

Pete13
07-04-2005, 09:08 AM
Undertaker vs. Mankind
simply jaw dropping..

Since the 6 man hell in a cell, every Hell in a Cell match has been no more than a cage match.

Goulet
07-04-2005, 03:41 PM
LOL, who the hell voted for Taker/Bossman?