PDA

View Full Version : Now that Maven is released...

PureHatred
07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
...can we admit the whole reality TV concept just does not do anything for the WWE?

I can understand the argument that the Diva Search at least brings ratings. Fine. But what about the fact that now the roster is dragged down by all these useless tramps who can't do shit but demand big money?

And what the hell has Tough Enough brought to the table? During the MTV years, TE was watchable, but it never made huge money for the company. And now the segments on SD are worth a tiny boost in the ratings....but what the hell did it do in the long-term?

Maven. Injury prone bust who never developed from day one. Nowinski. Nothing special, then injured. Josh. Announcer. Bad Announcer. Nidia. A career highlighted by being a trailer trash slut. Linda & Jackie. :nono:

The most successful graduates of this show have been Johnny Nitro ( who I swear to god you could go to any indy fed in the country and find someone better) and Matt Morgan (?!) and Cappotelli who has an incomplete at this point.

I'm not even counting thie guys form this last TE since both fianlists had national exposure before the show and the WWE would've 'discovered' them no matter what.

Stop the reality TV. It does nothing but give TV time to a group of people who will never do a thing in the WWE that could be going towards building up the characters of workers who might actually, you know, contribute.

Kane Knight
07-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Are you kidding? While the fad is still running?

Chavo Classic
07-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Bad news that Matt Morgan has been dropped as well. The management has fiannly realised that the yields of Tough Enough are desperate, and that myabe - just maybe - they should concentrate their time, efforts and money towards grooming stars with true potential such as Orton, Cena, Conway and Dupree

Team Sheep
07-07-2005, 03:56 PM
I can't stand the damn diva search. During that segment on RAW we could have seen 1 or 2 extra matches on the card. I just played on my DS through it.

Corkscrewed
07-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I can't stand the damn diva search. <s>During that segment on RAW we could have seen 1 or 2 extra matches on the card. I just played on my DS through it.</s> Without it Akio, Matt Morgan, Charlie Haas, and the Dudleys could still be employed.

Kane Knight
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
With about 1/8 of a million less to employ others.