PDA

View Full Version : legends of wrestling showdown

wrestling_god
01-17-2004, 06:05 PM
Just reiceived my Gameinformer magazine today and would you guess it a interveiw with macho man randy savage and the ultimate warrior on the 3rd legends of wrestling game. Unlike the 2 before which were dissapointing in my opionon this one is said to have a new combat engine, more wrestlers, bigger arenas and a new create a wrester mode with feud based story lines.. the screen shots that came with the article include both nwo hogan and savage as well as normal? if thats the right word attire. DDP ,Lex luger,and andre the giant. Sting and Bret hart are mentioned. realese date is april

Kane Knight
01-17-2004, 09:39 PM
It's like he's trying to talk to me. I know it!

Kapoutman
01-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Lex Luger, a legend?

moshingfreak
01-18-2004, 02:38 AM
It better be WAYYYYYY better than the first one.

Head
01-18-2004, 08:52 AM
The 2nd one sucked, so I'm definatly not too exited for this one.

But earlier Smackdown games sucked too, and look at HCTP.

I'll give it a rent when it comes out, if for nothing else to look through all the legends.

Sephiroth
01-18-2004, 09:16 AM
It better be WAYYYYYY better than the first one.

Kenny
01-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Just reiceived my Gameinformer magazine today and would you guess it a interveiw with macho man randy savage and the ultimate warrior on the 3rd legends of wrestling game. Unlike the 2 before which were dissapointing in my opionon this one is said to have a new combat engine, more wrestlers, bigger arenas and a new create a wrester mode with feud based story lines.. the screen shots that came with the article include both nwo hogan and savage as well as normal? if thats the right word attire. DDP ,Lex luger,and andre the giant. Sting and Bret hart are mentioned. realese date is april

This sounds a lot like what they said about the second one. Didn't they say the second one had a new combat engine too? Then it was exactly like the first.

The only problem I have with the LOW games, is I'll buy them, play them for a few weeks, then never touch them again.

I don't see a challenge in the game. I don't even feel like I'm playing a wrestling game. It feels more like I'm playing Golf because of that damn "line up the bars" system.

How are they going to change it this time? Let me guess... the old Mario is Missing idea. You'll answer History related questions, and for every question you get right you pull off a move?

Kane Knight
01-18-2004, 11:12 AM
The 2nd one sucked, so I'm definatly not too exited for this one.

But earlier Smackdown games sucked too, and look at HCTP.

I'll give it a rent when it comes out, if for nothing else to look through all the legends.

What he said.

It MIGHT be imporved, but I sure as Hell ain't holding my breath...

SuperSlim
01-21-2004, 09:34 AM
the first one sucked so much that I am offerin to sell mine for 5 bucks. the game is in pretty much mint condition. played at the most 10 times in over a year.

but this third one is supposed to be good. We'll see.

Kenny
01-21-2004, 10:54 AM
the first one sucked so much that I am offerin to sell mine for 5 bucks. the game is in pretty much mint condition. played at the most 10 times in over a year.

but this third one is supposed to be good. We'll see.

The only reason I bother buying the games are the legends. It's my need for that "old school" feeling.

The best thing about the first one was Rob Van Dam. I liked playing as Bret, but RVD had a pretty cool move set. Plus at the time that was the only game on PS2 where RVD was available.

Funky Fly
01-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Am I the only who actually looks forward to this game?

Kane Knight
01-21-2004, 12:53 PM

No. But quite likely the only one with a brain.

I knew you were lost once you were subjected to American MEdical care...

Kenny
01-21-2004, 12:59 PM

I'm actually looking forward to it. I'll trade LOW 2 in to save me a whopping 2.50 - 5.00 at my local EB.

I didn't get into wrestling until about late 90, early 91... so I don't even know a good bit of legends on the first 2.

This game's addition of people like DDP and the Ultimate Warrior have me interested.

Also if Sting IS in the game that's going to be a pretty cool roster.

SuperSlim
01-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm lookin forward to rentin this one. I wasn't nowhere near interested in the second installment.