PDA

View Full Version : Watching Smackdown (Spoilers, Part Deux)

Batsu
07-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Whoa, this opening segment, sans beeps and blank-outs, is pretty cool!

M. Banana
07-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Definately, JBL is awesome.

M. Banana
07-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Capcom is too.

Xero
07-07-2005, 08:22 PM
One of the best openings in a while. I hope that the bWo is here for good. They can be a strong midcard/upper-midcard stable.

M. Banana
07-07-2005, 08:23 PM
One of the best openings in a while. I hope that the bWo is here for good. They can be a strong midcard/upper-midcard stable.

Fuck yes.

Batsu
07-07-2005, 08:25 PM

Yes. LMFAO @ "Bluewheat".

the bWo rules. And seeing this match between Benoit and Booker... SmackDown looks like it's on the right track.

The Answer
07-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Quite down you gringos!!!! The Juice is speaking :lol:

The Answer
07-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Holy crap some terrorists are beating up Taker bad....... Where's Chuck Norris and the Delta Force when you need them.

Face Heely
07-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow. I knew JBL got busted open the hard way, but from the looks of it, Stevie cracked open the top of his damn head with that chairshot.

PorkSoda
07-07-2005, 08:58 PM
I didn't see the beginning, I always miss the first 10 minutes of Smackdown, but I marked out when I saw the bWo

It fucking pisses me off though, they made the Blue Meanie look weak right now to JBL. The only thing Meanie did was a DDT and a moonsault, and JBL got shots in on all the bWo. It's fucking stupid. They don't want the Meanie, Richards, and Nova, they just want them to look bad. That's what they are probably going to do, make Meanie look bad like they did with the Road Warrios back in like 02 or 03, whenever it was. I just don't have the high fuggin hopes that WWE will do this right with the bWo, they better. I didn't see the first 10 minutes, so I don't know what happened.

I wanted to say that while I was heated. I need a cheeseburger. But still, WWE is probably going to fuck it up.

Batsu
07-07-2005, 08:59 PM
I have to say, that this theme music has probably been the best Eddie's had since entering WWE. That cellphone intro is genius.

In reference to bWo, for those that missed it...

bWo interrupts a JBL rant. Stevie Richards did all the talking, dressed as "Bluewheat", and Meanie had the "Kurt Angle" cowboy hat on, pretending to be "JBL". After Richards gets JBL's goat, JBL goes nuts...there was a lot of bleeps and largely unaltered banter between the two...then they spraypaint JBL's limo. LMFAO!

Shadow
07-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Can Melinia please shut...the..hell...up!

Batsu
07-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Gay, the disclaimer about what's happening later is showing at the bottom of the screen.

Batsu
07-07-2005, 09:07 PM
LMFAO @ Eddie laying back on the top rope!

Batsu
07-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Double LMFAO @ the "Asshole" chants at Eddie. They're trying to cover that up...

Face Heely
07-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Gay, the disclaimer about what's happening later is showing at the bottom of the screen.

As noted in my other SD-spoiling thread. :p

Anyway, Eddie has been freakin' gold this entire match. He's so slimy, pulling out all the cerebral heel tricks - breaking his own pinfall, taunting his own tag partner (especially after pretending to cheer for him). This is what every feud should aspire to.

Shadow
07-07-2005, 09:16 PM
You need a speical pair of people to make this fued be gold like it is.

Batsu
07-07-2005, 09:19 PM
L O L @ Christian!

Not as funny as his "Cocoa Puffs" comment, but he brings the "heckle the interviewer" to the kind of heights not seen since The Rock left.

Batsu
07-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Wait a minute... Regal got traded to SmackDown, but Tajiri has to stay on Raw?! GTFOHWTBS, WWE!

EDIT: LMFAO, Mexicools rule, but that name SUCKS.

LOL @ Juvi!!!! L M F A O ! ! ! !

This will be CRIMINAL if they don't keep these guys around.

LMFAO @ PSICOSIS!!!!!

Face Heely
07-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Well, Eddie and Rey both have a phenomenal blend of natural charisma and wrestling sense, and that makes their feud particularly special. But there's also something to this feud that's been lacking in recent WWE under- and mid-card feuds: a feeling that it matters. Remember when the IC and US titles were actually worth holding, and mid-level superstars went after 'em with the same fervor that they would if they happened to be going for the top gold? Or those personal feuds that actually resonated with the audience as well as the performers? That's the kinda feeling you want in your undercard. That's the kinda feeling Eddie and Rey have to their feud.

Kane Knight
07-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Too bad it was heavier edited than an Eminem "Clean" album.

SuperSlim
07-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Too bad it was heavier edited than an Eminem "Clean" album.

yeah those clean albums bein sayin all sort of shit like shit and shit

whoops I mean *censored*

Batsu
07-07-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm actually laughing at this Hassan segment, that it's so bad...

...and there's the music, LMFAO!

Joey Slugs
07-07-2005, 09:45 PM
That was pretty fucking cool. Remindes me of the "Austin Crucifixion" a few years back.

Controversial. Yes. But fun to watch.

Batsu
07-07-2005, 09:48 PM
That was pretty fucking cool. Remindes me of the "Austin Crucifixion" a few years back.

Controversial. Yes. But fun to watch.

Hmm, true, it was sort of reminiscent of that Austin crucifixion...

and there's Christian!

Face Heely
07-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Is it just me, or has there not been a dull segment at all tonight?

Not only that, but each match/segment was executed without unnecessary and sloppy cross-over - the matches and stars were enough to carry the segment without a rub from a star further up the card. Perhaps that's an effect of having a pared-down roster and fewer "huge" stars - the closer-to-equal footing allows for a card that feels more solid overall? (No unnecessary jobbers, etc.)

Joey Slugs
07-07-2005, 09:52 PM
agrees w/Face Heely

Gouda
07-07-2005, 10:37 PM
bWo vs. Mexicools.

M. Banana
07-07-2005, 10:42 PM
bWo vs. Mexicools.

bWo vs. Mexicools > Rey vs. Eddie

Corkscrewed
07-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Dude... this is why I love Eddie. He was DESPICABLE in that match. Doing EVERYTHING right. THIS is how you should be a heel.

Also, I liked the indirect rub JBL gave to Eddie at the beginning of the show when he said he "began the greatest reign on SmackDOWN ever by beating one of the greatest wrestlers ever." He beat Eddie of course, last year.

But yeah, SD has been awesome these past few weeks, and the parity is really helping. Pretty much every angle is interesting, and they've done some awesome job of building feuds up and making logical sense of everything. You don't feel like they just did something because they couldn't think of anything else, or that they threw the story together, or that things make zero sense.

See what happens when you put thought into these things? Lets hope this can continue on. The only thing that can complete this recent trend would be Paul London actually finishing a match....

Corkscrewed
07-08-2005, 01:04 AM
WOOT! Batista booked as unstoppable = RATINGS. :D :D :D :D

snakeboss
07-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Smackdown OWNED Raw this Week. No Question.

Azriel
07-08-2005, 10:13 AM
About time that happened

DominateR
07-08-2005, 03:52 PM
My thoughts exactly Gouda--maybe start something between these groups and have a 6-man tag match at SSlam.