PDA

View Full Version : TNA release numbers for first download of Impact

Dave Youell
07-08-2005, 03:04 AM
Press Release on TNA Impact! Stream Drawing over 100,000 downloads
» Reported by Adam Martin of WrestleView.com
» On Friday, July 8, 2005 at 12:55 AM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following was issued on TNAwrestling.com:

iMPACT! STREAMING WIDELY VIEWED

Nashville, TN (July 7, 2005) TNA Wrestling streamed its first episode of iMPACT! on Real Broadcast Network last week and reported over 100,000 downloads in the first 48 hours.

New episodes are available every Friday on TNAWrestling.com and previous shows are archived on the site.

TNA’s office has been flooded with phone calls from fans wanting to keep up with iMPACT! since TNA left its timeslot on FSN at the end of May.

The streaming of iMPACT! was initially tested a week earlier, but due to heavy download volume, the show had to be re-launched the following week on Real Broadcast Network using larger servers that could handle the intense traffic.

TNA programming is seen in 118 countries worldwide and fans are gearing up for the next pay-per-view, “NO SURRENDER,” that will air live on July 17, 2005.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If these numbers are true, that's pretty dam good all things considered

PullMyFinger
07-08-2005, 03:49 AM
I know, damn. 100,000 views? Holy shit...I gotta hand it to their fans.

Mr. JL
07-08-2005, 08:17 AM
:y:

El Santo
07-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Maybe. But did all of them get it to work? I DL'ed it to my laptop, and I quit playing it after watching the first minute or so because it was screwing up my speakers.

Joey Slugs
07-08-2005, 11:13 AM
i d/l it as well, but it was in a weird .flv format. now that's a real networks stream it 100x better.

Kane Knight
07-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Maybe. But did all of them get it to work? I DL'ed it to my laptop, and I quit playing it after watching the first minute or so because it was screwing up my speakers.
One of my friends tried to DL it, and had to do it 3-4 times to get it right.

That's the problem here with these ratings:

TV ratings: Each household means at LEAST one person watched, possibly more. A lot of people tend to watch wrestling in packs.

Downloads: You may have to download it multiple times, and there's a far greater chance that only one person's watching it.

Shaggy
07-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I downloaded it but couldnt get it to run. So I never had a chance to watch it yet.

I guess I will just have to wait untill the ppv and catch up on everything

The Mackem
07-08-2005, 12:48 PM
One of my friends tried to DL it, and had to do it 3-4 times to get it right.

That's the problem here with these ratings:

TV ratings: Each household means at LEAST one person watched, possibly more. A lot of people tend to watch wrestling in packs.

Downloads: You may have to download it multiple times, and there's a far greater chance that only one person's watching it.
I was going to say that plus I wouldn't be suprised if TNA die hards downloaded it multiple times on purpose for higher rating for the show :shifty:

Kane Knight
07-08-2005, 01:24 PM
I was going to say that plus I wouldn't be suprised if TNA die hards downloaded it multiple times on purpose for higher rating for the show :shifty:
That wouldn't surprise me.

SuperSlim
07-08-2005, 01:44 PM
I had to mess with it a few times before it worked

KayfabeMan
07-08-2005, 05:41 PM
I was going to say that, plus I wouldn't be surprised if TNA wrestlers downloaded it multiple times on purpose for higher rating for the show :shifty:

PureHatred
07-08-2005, 07:25 PM

Loose Cannon
07-08-2005, 09:16 PM
KK said what I was going to type. Yea, people probably had to DL it a number of times and that kills credibility of the number.

Marcyo
07-08-2005, 09:27 PM
still... that's like 25 000 viewers... :-\

Kane Knight
07-08-2005, 10:52 PM
still... that's like 25 000 viewers... :-\
Which is good, but means nothing because the numbers are less reliable than TV numbers (which still aren't horriblky accurate)

Marcyo
07-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Do you have to download it twice to listen to it twice?

If that's the case, there must be no more than 32 viewers. :(

Kane Knight
07-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Since it's streamed, you have to DL it every time you want to see it...

Fox
07-09-2005, 01:34 AM
That 100,000 is a hoax.

Most people probably downloaded it and re-downloaded it after it fucked up several times, making that number far lower in reality.

Chavo Classic
07-09-2005, 05:29 AM
I would have to agree. Very few people are TNA fans. Very few people are TNA fans with the knowledge that Impact is donwloadable on the internet. Even fewer fans want to watch TNA impact on their computer and go through all the hassle of downloading when Raw and Smackdown is on the tele-box.

Rob
07-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Could have been downloaded a billion times. Still doesn't mean shit. They aren't on major TV and they still only sell something like 30,000 PPV's per month.

Kane Knight
07-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Could have been downloaded a billion times. Still doesn't mean shit. They aren't on major TV and they still only sell something like 30,000 PPV's per month.
And unless I'm missing something, there's no revinue in these webcasts.

Rob
07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Exactamundo

Kane Knight
07-10-2005, 06:06 PM
YEah, didn't know if they had ads or anything, but I doubted it.

So far I've avoided a webcast DL, because it's not gonna be the same. And that's sad, considering Impact! Wasn't that great to begin with.

Rob
07-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Even if they did have ads, what are they worth? WWE's ad rates are the lowest of every single show it goes up anywhere near on Thursday nights network TV in any prime time slot. Why? Because it's wrestling. And they draw like 4 million people. Who in the real world is gonna give a shit about 100,000 wrestling fans downloading a show?

It's harsh but it's true.

Kane Knight
07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Even if they did have ads, what are they worth? WWE's ad rates are the lowest of every single show it goes up anywhere near on Thursday nights network TV in any prime time slot. Why? Because it's wrestling. And they draw like 4 million people. Who in the real world is gonna give a shit about 100,000 wrestling fans downloading a show?

It's harsh but it's true.
Well, moveon.org would get about 50,000 times the hits for that, but I think they're about it.

Naw. I know they would be horribly unlikely to get any ads or even revinue off of it, but I didn't want to assume...