PDA

View Full Version : Andrew McMahon diagnosed with Acute Lymphatic Leukemia

mitchables
07-10-2005, 10:41 PM
From AbsolutePunk.net (http://www.absolutepunk.net) :

"Andrew McMahon, the energetic lead singer of Something Corporate and Jacks Mannequin, was recently diagnosed with Acute Lymphatic Leukemia. It is our goal bring everyone together to show support and solidarity for this incredible young man during this trying period. Furthermore, we hope you will be able to find information on this disease and raise awareness on different ways to help others."

------------------

Basically they have put together a site selling orange (official colour of leukemia) silicon bracelets with the words "I Will Fight" on them. You can find out more/buy a bracelet by clicking on the banner below:

http://images.absolutepunk.net/images/andrew.gif (http://www.absolutepunk.net/andrew)

This is really sad. :( Andrew has an amazing voice and is incredibly talented, it's upsetting when someone this young with a future so bright is struck down before his prime. :(

Danny Electric
07-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I read about this a few weeks ago, I hope he recovers because he is such a talented guy.

mitchables
07-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, they only just got the site up for the bracelets though, so I thought I'd try and spread the love. :(

Penner
07-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Apparently it's the most curable type of Leukemia.

And apparently he's already cured.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-10-2005, 11:15 PM
First, he'll be okay

Second, I don't know where they'd find another pop punk singer who sounds just like him to take his place.....

KingofOldSchool
07-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Second, I don't know where they'd find another pop punk singer who sounds just like him to take his place.....

Probably at your local Hot Topic.

Evil Vito
07-11-2005, 12:36 AM
<font color=goldenrod>A shame :(......get well soon Andrew</font>

FakeLaser
07-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Something Corporate sucks cock, but yeah this sucks, get well soon.

Looking for boobies.
07-11-2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah, hope he gets better... A friend of told me this about a month ago, but it's still upsetting.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Thats too bad. I'm not a huge fan but is Forget December is a fantastic song.

Silent
07-11-2005, 01:15 PM
That's mature, KOS.. a man has leukemia, but there was never a more appropriate time to make fun of the music he makes!

Penner
07-11-2005, 06:08 PM
lol calm down silent

What Would Kevin Do?
07-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Probably at your local Hot Topic.

That would require them to be motivated. Quick, steal their girlfriends, that'll give them some sad shit to right 25 albums about.

Danny Electric
07-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Shut the fuck up dick, he is a really talented guy. I'd like to see you play piano and sing at the same time, for example a song like Konstatine.
S

What Would Kevin Do?
07-17-2005, 03:53 AM
Lets be honest. There are a hundred people out there who can do the same thing just as well, or better. The difference is he got noticed. That's it. Can I do it, know. As someone who appreciates music though, I can recognize the fact that in this day and age of shitty music, this schmuck, and many other whiny little bitches like him, are pretty much ruining music. Ever tried listening to the radio? I can't. I'd rather have wisdom teeth pulled without the novicane.

Danny Electric
07-17-2005, 09:52 AM
I don't listen to the radio anymore apart from certain shows late at night and their not ruining music. Pretty ironic that you're moaning about them being whiny when you're the one whining.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-17-2005, 11:26 AM
No, Danny Electric, you're missing the point. There's not allowed to be more than one type of music in the world. People aren't allowed to think for themselves and decide if they like listening to a certain style of music. Personal opinion means nothing and everyone has to like the same thing. They sent out an email about it.

Danny Electric
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
:) I musn't apreciate music either because I didn't figure out that Something Corporate are ruining music.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-17-2005, 03:36 PM
No, Danny Electric, you're missing the point. There's not allowed to be more than one type of music in the world. People aren't allowed to think for themselves and decide if they like listening to a certain style of music. Personal opinion means nothing and everyone has to like the same thing. They sent out an email about it.

Exactly, now you're getting it :) Now if we could only convince emo kids of the same thing. Well, convince them of that, or suicide.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-17-2005, 03:54 PM
You know, it's interesting that emo kids always get stuck with the whole suicide joke but you can pretty much attribute that to any type of music. Or pretty much any group of people you can think of.

Penner
07-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Can I do it, know. LOL

What Would Kevin Do?
07-18-2005, 12:55 AM
LOL

Eh, I was drunk, so sue me...

Anywho, back on topic.... Yes, suicide can be linked to any form of music. Emo gets most of the jokes though since most of it is about shitty lives and broken hearts.

And once again, lets be honest. Most people would just prefer that the emo kids kill themselves. In a perfect world, they would all off themselves... Well, at least the guys and the fat emo girls... Some of the hot emo chicks can stay around... You get extra points when you Bukkake on their glasses.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-18-2005, 04:03 AM
Shitty lives and broken hearts has been the basis of song writing for a long time.

What kind of music do you enjoy, What Would Kevin Do??

What Would Kevin Do?
07-18-2005, 05:15 AM
Shitty lives and broken hearts has been the basis of song writing for a long time.

What kind of music do you enjoy, What Would Kevin Do??

Yes, I'm sure many artists have songs like that... but not entire cd's (granted I'm talking shit because I've never listened to an entire emo cd :) )

My music taste is odd at best. I don't really like genres anymore, but just certain bands and songs. KMFDM, Guns an Roses, Ludacris, Jay-Z, Big and Rich, The Pixies, Lucia, Bloodhound Gang, The Servant, Kanye West, Atom and his Package, Donkey Punch, Sinatra, random classical music, some Jazz, Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, old Greenday, (HED) P.E. I could go on for hours ;)

What Would Kevin Do?
07-18-2005, 05:16 AM
The only things I really can't stand are boy band/girl band/ bad pop, and crappy pop punk (and while it doesn't make sense, I group emo into that category.)

Supreme Olajuwon
07-18-2005, 05:19 AM
So basically what you're getting at is you have no idea what you're talking about.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-18-2005, 06:20 AM
So basically what you're getting at is you have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't quite see where I said that :)

I know what I like. What I don't like is bitches whining about their lives. WHen that's all I hear from a genre of music, I'm turned off. Emo does nothing for me lyrically or musically. It all sounds whiny, and it all sounds the same to me.

In closing, remember boys and girls, when cutting your wrists, it's down the road, not across the street.

Silent
07-18-2005, 01:35 PM
You like old Green Day, but hate "crappy pop punk." ...

Supreme Olajuwon
07-18-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't quite see where I said that :)

granted I'm talking shit because I've never listened to an entire emo cd

It would seem hard to get a good feel for a type of music if you don't listen to it.

Requiem
07-18-2005, 03:06 PM
You like old Green Day, but hate "crappy pop punk." ...
You must not have seen the part where he said 'old' Green Day.

Supreme Olajuwon
07-18-2005, 08:39 PM
so then why did he write "old" in his post?

Silent
07-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Lol, yeah I did see it..

Buzzkill
07-18-2005, 10:32 PM
You know, it's interesting that emo kids always get stuck with the whole suicide joke but you can pretty much attribute that to any type of music. Or pretty much any group of people you can think of.
The reason they get stuck with that label is because they are so outspoken and vocal about it

KingofOldSchool
07-18-2005, 10:54 PM
LOL

ANOTHER KANE/EDGE MATCH?!?!

SNITSKY!!!!

What Would Kevin Do?
07-19-2005, 01:09 AM
It would seem hard to get a good feel for a type of music if you don't listen to it.

Maybe, Maybe not. The music I've heard has given me more than enough "feel" for it. Afterall, how many times do you here two or three songs from a band and go "You know, I really hate this music, but maybe I'll go find more of it to listen to, to make sure I'm not judging them wrong based off a few songs."

I doubt it.

Anyway, I said I've never listened to a whole CD. THat's quite different then having no clue what I'm talking about, since I have heard the music. The "shit talking" comment was in reference to ALL of their songs being about broken hearts and suicide. I'm sure they tossed in a song or two about their cat dying, or getting their lunch money stolen... I just haven't heard them yet.

Danny Electric
07-19-2005, 10:12 AM
You are an idiot, go and listen to the Bloodhound Gang.

The Outlaw
07-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Big and Rich, Toby Keith
Ok never talk shit about anybody else's choice of music again.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Ok never talk shit about anybody else's choice of music again.

I'm not making any promises. Anyway, has this fucker died yet? I need a reason to celebrate :)

And Bloodhound Gang rocks the body that rocks the party!

Awwww shit, here comes pacman...

The Mask
07-20-2005, 09:31 AM
i can never remember if its something corporate or good charlotte i really really really hate, as opposed to really hate.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-20-2005, 10:20 AM
i can never remember if its something corporate or good charlotte i really really really hate, as opposed to really hate.

Psss... It's both.

Danny Electric
07-20-2005, 10:31 AM
As much as I want to get angry with The Mask, he loves The Cure and so I love him.

The Mask
07-20-2005, 10:52 AM
nah. i saw an interview with one of them, and it reminded me of that stupid goth kid on south park. if he's the one with ALL, i'm going to laugh heartily. and wait for karma to destroy me.

Danny Electric
07-20-2005, 12:11 PM
That would be Good Charlotte.
Something Corporate = Piano Rock :)

samichna
07-22-2005, 10:37 PM
so then why did he write "old" in his post?

lol i love you